shape
carat
color
clarity

Some collection pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 8:44:22 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Thanks everyone! You guys are all so nice!

Unfortunately, I''m having the hardest time finding the perfect setting for it. Any ideas?
1.gif
BEG, is that green tourm one of Barry''s supernovas? Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions? I have an 8x10mm pink tourm in that cut, and although I love it, I''ve had a difficult time finding a setting too, given how deep they are. I found a gorgeous semi-mount at Intergem, but it was a tad more than I wanted to spend at the time. I''ll have to post a pic sometime - it had a very delicate rectangular halo.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Really pretty collection BEG!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:23:25 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
BEG - I can''t wait to see them set, though I think you may have just given me a hint . . .
3.gif

Date: 11/25/2009 10:03:15 PM

Author: FrekeChild

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ETA: and I know how she wants to set them!!!!

Smartypants, Lording over the rest of us that you know how BEG wants to set them!
38.gif
2.gif
2.gif

You''re such a meanie, Liz!
9.gif

Hehe Freke is a brat isn''t she?
3.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:31:18 PM
Author: cellentani

Thanks everyone! You guys are all so nice!

Unfortunately, I''m having the hardest time finding the perfect setting for it. Any ideas?
1.gif

BEG, is that green tourm one of Barry''s supernovas? Just out of curiosity, what are the dimensions? I have an 8x10mm pink tourm in that cut, and although I love it, I''ve had a difficult time finding a setting too, given how deep they are. I found a gorgeous semi-mount at Intergem, but it was a tad more than I wanted to spend at the time. I''ll have to post a pic sometime - it had a very delicate rectangular halo.

Hey Cellentani!

It is one of Barry''s supernovas - it is 8.5 x 7.2 and it is definitely deep. I''m having a hard time finding out what kind of setting I like. I found a really pretty split shank at my local jeweler but unfortunately, because of the tourm''s dimensions, I''d have to set it E-W (which I didn''t want).

Do you have pics of your pink tourm? I''d love to see it if I haven''t already (btw, I love that new spinel you picked up from Finewater!).

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:49:38 PM

Hey Cellentani!

It is one of Barry''s supernovas - it is 8.5 x 7.2 and it is definitely deep. I''m having a hard time finding out what kind of setting I like. I found a really pretty split shank at my local jeweler but unfortunately, because of the tourm''s dimensions, I''d have to set it E-W (which I didn''t want).

Do you have pics of your pink tourm? I''d love to see it if I haven''t already (btw, I love that new spinel you picked up from Finewater!).
Here''s the thread on the pink tourm. I got it back in July, and it''s part of a growing collection of stones that needs to be set. Thanks about the spinel - I''m hoping to get it tomorrow or Saturday - I can''t wait!

Soooo, no hints about your new LOGR settings?
31.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Great collection. I''m crazy about your large BB tourmaline, It''s totally TDF!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! Do you wear them as RHRs and just choose one your like each day?
10.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 9:42:23 PM
Author: packrat
Really pretty collection BEG!

Thanks Packrat!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 10:17:35 PM
Date: 11/26/2009 9:49:38 PM

Hey Cellentani!

Here''s the thread on the pink tourm. I got it back in July, and it''s part of a growing collection of stones that needs to be set. Thanks about the spinel - I''m hoping to get it tomorrow or Saturday - I can''t wait!

Soooo, no hints about your new LOGR settings?
31.gif

Oh Cellentani that''s just gorgeous. YUM. I hope you find a setting for it soon! And no hints yet...though my setting for the aqua cushion shipped today! Woohoo!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 11:27:20 PM
Author: innerkitten
Great collection. I''m crazy about your large BB tourmaline, It''s totally TDF!

Thanks Innerkitten! That big colorless one? I have no idea what to do with it. I guess I can make it into a diamond lookalike ring and wear it around BF in the hope that he''ll get the hint....
2.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2009 11:30:29 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
Wow! Do you wear them as RHRs and just choose one your like each day?
10.gif

Hehe I always wear the sapphire ring - it was my first colored stone ring, and it was BF''s gift to me for our one year anniversary. And then I just choose another ring for my right hand based on mood and outfit
2.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock

Ma re, I love that one too. Unfortunately, I''m having the hardest time finding the perfect setting for it. Any ideas?
1.gif
Of course
9.gif

#1 - Quite simple, classic, open (great to allow light to play inside the nicely cut stone), would work for the color I thknk. Sides could be ovals, small cushions etc.

#2 - I''m not crazy about this particular design because it''s hugely popular nowdays and variations of it you can find everywhere, but I do like it if it''s a nicely done custom piece like this one. I think it would really accentuate your stone.

#3 - Probably my favorite, but I''d remove baguettes and use claw prongs. It has a contemporary feel that I think would suit your stone very well because of it''s green color and precision cutting. The stone in this photo is round, but I don''t see a problem if something similar would be made for an oval. If invisiby set diamonds aren''t possible I''d consider some channel set ones to keep it looking as close to this idea as possible.

Hope I''ve helped a bit.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE them!!!!!!! They''re so pretty!!!!!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I''ve just added this thread to my favorites.....I''M IN LOVE WITH YOUR COLLECTION!!!!
30.gif

Lori

mochi

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely collection!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 4:12:39 AM
Author: ma re

Ma re, I love that one too. Unfortunately, I''m having the hardest time finding the perfect setting for it. Any ideas?
1.gif

Of course
9.gif

#1 - Quite simple, classic, open (great to allow light to play inside the nicely cut stone), would work for the color I thknk. Sides could be ovals, small cushions etc.

#2 - I''m not crazy about this particular design because it''s hugely popular nowdays and variations of it you can find everywhere, but I do like it if it''s a nicely done custom piece like this one. I think it would really accentuate your stone.

#3 - Probably my favorite, but I''d remove baguettes and use claw prongs. It has a contemporary feel that I think would suit your stone very well because of it''s green color and precision cutting. The stone in this photo is round, but I don''t see a problem if something similar would be made for an oval. If invisiby set diamonds aren''t possible I''d consider some channel set ones to keep it looking as close to this idea as possible.

Hope I''ve helped a bit.

Thank you Mr. Ma re! You''ve definitely helped - it''s much appreciated!
1.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 9:11:43 AM
Author: princessplease
I LOVE them!!!!!!! They''re so pretty!!!!!!!

Thanks Princessplease!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 10:53:35 PM
Author: loriken214
I''ve just added this thread to my favorites.....I''M IN LOVE WITH YOUR COLLECTION!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Aww thank you so much Lori!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/27/2009 10:57:54 PM
Author: mochi
What a lovely collection!

Thanks Mochi dear!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
OH and this arrived today! I will try to take some daylight pics tomorrow!

Dan Stair
1.25 ct.
6.6 mm

No idea how to set it yet!

BEGDSAqua.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! Is that a asscher aqua?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/28/2009 12:30:47 AM
Author: mochi
Pretty! Is that a asscher aqua?

Thanks! It is, but it''s super super light - almost colorless. It''ll be interesting trying to take pics tomorrow
1.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I am so looking forward to seeing pics of that asscher aqua!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a pic of the aqua and a couple more coming up of most of my loose stones together

PB280031.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
You can see that the aqua is super super light. It makes my colorless tourm look brown

PB290072.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
And those black spots aren''t extinction. Just my bad picture-taking
7.gif

PB290073.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
That pink tourm is SO hard to capture on camera!

PB290077.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s quite the collection, BEG! They''re all so beautiful!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
BEG, is there a thread for your sapphire ring? I was searching for RH sapphires the other day, and while I found a couple threads where you''d posted it, I didn''t know if there is a SMTR with hand shots and stats :) Would you mind terribly if I asked you to post more of that beauty w/ specs?? I''m in the lust/planning stages for a RH sapphire, and I''m trying to get an idea of weight/mm, and I think yours is absolutely perfect.

Also - gorgeous collection!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results