shape
carat
color
clarity

So I''ve been holding out on you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Barry''s pic didn''t really do the stone justice. the color just pops, its gorgeous!

-A

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, SO pretty!!!!!!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That pink just pops!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

How much longer do we have to wait? Are you going to tell us at least what type of metal you used? The pink looks so nice with the YG stone holder.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/18/2009 10:50:10 PM
Author: yingh
Wow! That pink just pops!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

How much longer do we have to wait? Are you going to tell us at least what type of metal you used? The pink looks so nice with the YG stone holder.
Unfortunately I can''t seem to wear YG very well and don''t own a single piece so far. So I went with RG but LOGR RG is rather coppery so I''m hoping it wouldn''t look too terrible. I''m hoping to eventually re-set it into something nicer when budget allows, it deserves something special, but I just couldn''t wait any longer because it seems such a waste to just sit in a gem box getting knocked around in my purse!
3.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soooo, any news today?
9.gif
31.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As a compromise, how about a non-plated white gold setting?

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
It''s just spectacular! I love the color! Hope to have one of my own someday.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Babyblue, I hope your ring is finished today - I could use a little of your bling!

blinkydoll

Brilliant_Rock
Omg Babyblue! that is the perfect pink
30.gif
I can''t wait to see it set
30.gif
30.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know I know, I''m the worst PSer! Things have been quite crazy lately and I finally had the chance to take some decent photos for you guys.

Setting is LOGR, with upgraded diamonds and in rose gold. I actually ordered the 8mm cushion setting with prongs added, with the intension of setting the round stone into the square setting, but made the mistake of mentioning a round stone to LOGR and despite my multiple attempt at clarification they misunderstood me and customized the setting as a round
23.gif
By the time I got the setting I was impatient (I had to returned the first setting already) and just wanted to wear the ring already, so I kept it as is. All in all I''m happy with how it turned out, setting is good quality and diamonds are sparkly. I got it in rose gold because I wanted to accentuate the pink color of the tourmaline, but I do feel that LOGR rose gold is too coppery and clashes with the stone a bit. Eventually I would like to reset it, whenever budget allows
2.gif

pinktourmring01b.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

pinktourmring02.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yikes, they''re larger than I expected and I can''t say I''m happy with how my hand looks that close up!
23.gif

Here''s the side view.

pinktourmring03.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Outside in the shade.

pinktourmring05.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A little further away to show better proportion.

pinktourmring07.jpg

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last one for now. Thanks for looking!

pinktourmring06.jpg

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is pretty, I really like it
30.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Haha, so THIS is the infamous LOGR setting made for a "round." I think it looks spectacular, and I would''ve kept it too! The diamonds look great, and I don''t think the metal clashes with your skin at all - just lovely!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color on that tourmaline!!

Is that rope band rose gold too?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
That is just gorgeous! i agree with everyone that Barry''s vendor picture does not do the stone justice at all. Just lovely! I''m so jealous!

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone! I really love this stone, I wear this ring every day now so my other RHRs are getting neglected! LOL.

Cellentani, LOL yeah this is the one. And to think how long I agonized over how the stone will fit into the cushion setting, etc
20.gif

I don''t know if the pictures show the metal color very well (I uploaded these from my Mac where the photos looked great and pretty accurate, and now I''m on my netbook and colors look all crazy!). I normally LOVE rose gold but this one is very coppery compared to my other rose gold pieces. On its own I like it, just not quite with this stone.

MTG, yes the rope band is a rose gold ring I got from eBay awhile back
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks fabulous with your stone! Love the round legacy!!!! Congrats!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/13/2009 7:45:36 PM
Author: Babyblue033

Thank you everyone! I really love this stone, I wear this ring every day now so my other RHRs are getting neglected! LOL.

Cellentani, LOL yeah this is the one. And to think how long I agonized over how the stone will fit into the cushion setting, etc
20.gif

I don''t know if the pictures show the metal color very well (I uploaded these from my Mac where the photos looked great and pretty accurate, and now I''m on my netbook and colors look all crazy!). I normally LOVE rose gold but this one is very coppery compared to my other rose gold pieces. On its own I like it, just not quite with this stone.

MTG, yes the rope band is a rose gold ring I got from eBay awhile back
1.gif
You know I love those Barry umbalites, Babyblue, and I think your ring is very beautiful. I know what you mean about the LOGR rose gold. The photos don''t really show it, but in person it looks like copper. I always figured my negative reaction to my LOGR rose gold ring was because I must have had a cheap copper ring as a child. So, I find it interesting that you have the same somewhat negative reaction to the color that I do. I must add that I have another ring in rose gold from a local high end jeweler, and I think it is lovely. Wierd!
20.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, my e-ring also has rose gold (it''s 2 tone, with rose gold halo) and it''s such a soft rosy color. In comparison this ring is brassy and color feels "harsh" to me, which is why I feel the 2 colors are too strong on its own to compliment each other well. I think LOGR rose gold will look better with a lighter colored stone perhaps.

I think next time I get another LOGR ring I might try the yellow gold
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW WOW WOW
36.gif

LOVE the color and cut of the stone. It is a BIG stone. What size is your finger?

On my monitor the setting and stone look good together. Enjoy!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone and lovely ring! You wear it well!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
What a beauty...I love it!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies, I''m glad you guys like it! I''m absolutely head over hills in love with the color of this stone, it''s such a perfect pink color and looks great in all lighting. I can''t say enough great things about this one, and of course Barry''s cutting is spectacular.

Stone Hunter, the stone is 8.6mm and my finger size is 5. It''s definitely a nice size, as I''ve become quite obsessed with stone sizes recently and keep wanting to go bigger
2.gif

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
That is one pretty pink stone!!! Gorgeous!

Meher Thakker

Rough_Rock
thats a beautiful stone..and the ring look gorgeous...

Meher

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting, it looks pretty well made.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results