shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 4 babes.... show me your e-ring and wedding ring combos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I hunting for an e-ring/wedding ring combination for my size 4 finger. So far all the rings I like the look of end up looking funny on my small, child-like hands!

So I''m looking for some inspiration from the Pricescope community - is there any size 4ish people out there who could post a picture (or link) of their rings.

I think I am attracted to the wrong styles, and need to think about narrow band solitaires. Also, my budget isn''t going to accommodate anything larger than a 1ct (but I think having small hands is going to work in my favour in this regard as the stone will look larger than it is?)

sbuffaloe

Rough_Rock
Hi, my hubby upgraded my set for Christmas this year. Here is the link to my upgrade post.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-christmas-upgrade.75289/

My finger is a 4 1/2 so this should give you a good idea. i love my new set! It is so much different than my original. My original was a three stone princess diamond with princess side sapphires on a simple band. This set is not a huge upgrade, but I love it!

shellsring25.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here's a thread of size 5's but there are a bunch of 3's and 4's in there.

i wear a 3 1/2...size really is determined by your life style, social circles and what YOU feel comfortable with. KristyDarling has a 3.5 carat stone with pear sides and wears a 3.5 so it can be done
9.gif
.. i think a 1 carat on a size 4 is a wonderful size though.

here's a pic of my old wedding set..one carat stone...

newsetwf1005.jpg

SuLi

Shiny_Rock
Here's my ring (and wedding band that I get to officially wear in October). The center stone is 1.19 carats. I think the band itself is about 2mm. I wear a size 4.25 ring, and it's sitting a bit loose since it's colder out now.

suliring.JPG

JustaCatholicGirl

Rough_Rock
I have small, SHORT fingers, I wear either a 4 or 4.25 My ring is a 1-ct center stone with a halo totalling approx 1.3.
Good luck, I know how it feels trying on rings and they look like Ring Pops or the sample sizes just slide around...

(tip: if you like the antique look, check out some estate jewelry stores, they often have smaller sizes.)

inthacar.jpg

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
Wow, everyone has such lovely rings. Thanks for all the photos, everyone on this site is so helpful.

mrssalvo - I found the size 5 ring thread not long after my original post (whoops!). There are lots of nice photos on there for me to gaze longingly at! I really like the look of your solitaire with the eternity band as a wedding ring, I think I will find something like that to try on.

Cleo - hello again, your rock is so sparkly! So your DF proposed at Newquay and is a keen surfer, sounds just like my beloved! We are from Australia originally and make the trek to Newquay or Devon at least a couple of times a year.

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Here''s mine...size 4...I''ll try to post another one of my other set.

annivring1.JPG

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I seem to have lost the original pic of this...this is the cropped version of my "alternate" wedding set. Size 4.

8stonesmall.JPG

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
vslover - you have an "alternate" set?? I love the concept!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I'm a size 4. (Long fingers)

Here's my new 1.85 with a channel set princess band.

here is a link to this thread--More photos with more bands.

upprincessband19.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here's my oval 3 stone that I wear with plain bands sometimes.
Size 4s can handle it!
1.gif

Can't wait to see what you get!

ovalstack2.jpg

vslover

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/6/2008 11:34:45 AM
Author: Mellin75
vslover - you have an ''alternate'' set?? I love the concept!

Up until a couple of months ago, I had two alternate sets (one princess cut & wedding band all in platinum to wear with all my white metals) but I lost the princess ring in November and haven''t decided on a replacement yet. Hopefully will get one soon...just having trouble deciding for right now!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I think a 1 carat would look great on a size 4. I wear a size 3.5 and have a 1.23 solitaire.

1.23.ringsonhand.jpg

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
My fiancé’s 3.25, talk about small.

cDSC00980.JPG

peony00

Rough_Rock
What "Style" engagement ring speaks to you? Are you more a traditional girl or vintage or modern?With a bit more info, I might be able to offer some designer suggestions.
I wear a size 5 and know that the thin (2mm band) e-rings and bands looked best on me. I''d also recommend against large Carat weight side-stones or large shared-prong/channel set wedding bands. These can look overwhelming on dainty hands (that''s how I prefer to think of my child-like hands ;-) )
Off the top of my head, I can remember Michael B.''s "petite princess" line of e-rings and bands as being very delicate and beautiful. They are pave set.

soprano87

Rough_Rock
You might try some thinner bands to see how you like that look. I''m a size 4, and thick bands made my fingers look stumpy...

Here''s my set -- 1.8mm engagement ring, 2mm wedding band.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thanks-pricescope-markt-cushion-leon-setting-quest-band.71222/

K&L

Shiny_Rock
My ring is a size 4.5 but my knuckles are big and I have sizing bumps. I would guess my finger is actually a size 3 or 3.5.

Here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/recently-engaged-and-excited-to-show-off-my-princess-halo.68601/

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Here is my 1.00 ct. My ring finger is a size 3.5. I could probably went smaller because in the cold it''s so loose.

ohla.JPG

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Mrssalvo, yours looks bigger than a 1 carat!!!
26.gif

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
Size 4.25
pic. #1

P1240431top.JPG

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for looking!

P1240437.hand.JPG

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
More great pictures! And so many different styles, I don''t know if this is helping or hindering my decision making process as I like them all!

peony00 - I think I am a vintage girl at heart. I really like the art deco styles, fairly simple, say with engraving on the platinum band. We have a few good antique stores locally which I have visited numerous times looking at styles, but never found something I loved. From there I started looking at new rings, mostly round with sidestones. I loved the look of them in the shop window (so sparkly!) but these ones tended to be the ones that didn''t look great on my finger. Now I am thinking about a solitaire..... aarrrgh I feel like I am jumping from one style in rapid succession.

I am liking the look of the solitaire worn with an enternity as a wedding band (like mrssalvo, snlee etc). Maybe with some small detail on the e-ring band. Maybe something like this (WARNING this is my first picture post, so likely to go horribly wrong)

But the I see galleygal''s ring and think that is absolutely gorgeous! GG - what style wedding band do you/will you wear with it? Is it comfortable enough to wear all the time, or do you take it off a lot?

Mellin75Pic1.jpg

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
That obviously didn''t work quite how I intended, the picture tis very small! There is some slight detail on the band, near the stone.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine, in its old setting. It's a 3.02ct and my ring size is 4 1/4.

e-ring_old setting.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In its new setting (a classic Tiffany lookalike), with two full eternity bands.

IMGP2021_revised.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a single eternity band. This is how I wear it most of the time.

IMGP2091.JPG

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Phoenix, I
30.gif
love
30.gif
your wedding set, it is beautiful. Is your tiffany repo from WF? Also, do you have stats on your eternity band? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results