shape
carat
color
clarity

Size 4 babes.... show me your e-ring and wedding ring combos

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2008 9:23:07 AM
Author: steph72276
Phoenix, I
30.gif
love
30.gif
your wedding set, it is beautiful. Is your tiffany repo from WF? Also, do you have stats on your eternity band? Thanks!
Thank you, Steph! You've made my day (I was feeling really down and out - just found out I'd cracked one of my diamonds on my RHR - see my post on Rocky Talky).

My Tiffany repo is from a local jeweller in Singapore. I got it reset recently - for a really decent price btw. But am already thinking about putting it in a halo, have been hankering after a halo for a while and now with the crack on my RHR, I'm even more convinced that no diamond is safe in my hands - literally!!

My two eternity bands have 4 pointers in them (or at least that's what my jeweller told me). One is made of platinum and the other 18ct WG. They're both prong-set, but of slightly different designs, which are really only noticeable from the side. I think they're of F colour, VVS-VS clarity.

What a CUTIE your child is, totally ADORABLE!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the info Phoenix. Oh and thanks for the compliment on my son...I think he is pretty cute too! Anyway, well I love your set and think the proportions on your eternity band look fab. with your ering, but I do love a halo too! So many choices!

galleygal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Mellin75! I wear that baby all the time! Even when I work...and I wash my hands a lot and wear gloves! It''s so comfortable and delicate looking. I have really small hands so I didn''t want the e-ringto overpower my fingers or the stone. I love how other people''s rings look with all the diamonds and details, but I didn''t like how they looked on me. I have been looking at WB and it''s hard b/c it''s hard to match something up to it. It does has a matching band but I don''t like it because it fits perfectly with the curve of my e-ring. If I got that one I''d almost have to get two bands to make it look right to me...but that''s almost two much for me. I have also tried it with a thin 2mm plain band and that looks alright. I would like some more diamonds, so I was thinking of a tiny straight band with diamonds. I do like the look of solitaires b/c they are so verstile with wedding bands, but my FI didn''t like them b/c it was "too plain" for him. Worked out fine for me!!!
36.gif
I think that you should try some delicate, thin e-rings on with diamond sidestones to make sure what you get is what you really want. I love my ering; my FI picked it out from 3 that I had chosen. I still dream about that halo from time to time. In the end though, my FI said he loved how this looked on my finger and it was what he had envisioned for me as an E-ring. Good luck! Make sure to let us know what you decide to go with!
31.gif

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
I wear a 3.75 or a 4 depending on the ring, here''s my original wedding ring, 1.3 princess w/ baquettes:

originalIMG_1163-ps.jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
we upgraded to this at Christmas, 3.67 rb, size 4:

upgrade_1226PS.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
ringabling, that''s gorgeous! Do you have a thread with more pictures of your upgrade?

Phoenix, love your set! It''s gorgeous!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Ringabling--I''m always lovin'' on your ring!
Phoenix--Your ring is sooo beautiful!(so sorry about your other ring)I''m utterly in love with your solitaire.
You two! I am now convinced that I NEED a 3 carat.
I just upgraded and now
27.gif
oh the wheels are turning
3.gif

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
I wear a 1.3 solitaire. My actual wedding ring is a 2-carat eternity band, but I don''t wear it too much.

louring67.JPG

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You ladies have the most beautiful hands and the prettiest rings! It''s makes me feel like I have fat fingers with a 6.25. LOL!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
1.234 ct ACA G VS2 in HOF semimount with .20 side stones. HOF five stone wedding band, .20 each stone. Ringe size 4.5. Sorry for the huge pic
14.gif

004 tpf b.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Just Gorgeous, Rising Sun!

sbuffaloe

Rough_Rock
Here is mine with a better hand shot :) Mine is 1.03 ct center stone with round halo and pave diamonds that total 1.01 ct. My band is contoured pave .16 ct. My finger size is 4 1/2. I love my rings!

sbuffaloe

Rough_Rock
oops. forgot the pic!

shellshandshot.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/8/2008 5:24:21 PM
Author: coatimundi
Just Gorgeous, Rising Sun!
Thanks, coatimundi! There''s a lot of gorgeous eye candy on this thread
30.gif
Your ring is a stunner
10.gif

studyer83

Shiny_Rock
Here's mine!
Whoops...forgot to add the stone is 1.1 carats

ring_hand_4.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
hi Mellin75, i don't know if i am too late to this thread but i too have been looking for a wband for my size 4 finger

i looked at diamond eternity bands 2mm and they looked nice however, i realized that i wanted a wband that i can wear alone and not have to worry about it and that was more low key

i think i am going to go with 2.5mm milgrain wband. there is milgrain in my ering and so complements my ering well. the milgrain in the band gives the ring a little something without overpowering my ering. although my biggest problem has been that my ering overpowers most of the wbands.

i went to tiffany's and tried the 2mm and 3mm (they don't have half sizes in milgrain). the 2mm just got lost near my ering and the 3mm was too much. but then i went to shreve and they had a 2.5mm - JUST RIGHT :). i couldn't take pictures but i have attached a pic of my ering - 1.06ct OEC size 4 with 24 small modern rbs - with an eternity band that i was considering

i think it's harder to find an ering so maybe you should focus on picking out the ering you like then you can work on the wband.

sample of what 2.5mm milgrain wband looks like:
blue nile 2.5mm milgrain wband

ering thread with more pics

have fun shopping!

IMG_1740_small.JPG

Mellin75

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the replies everyone. You have shown me lots of lovely rings and I have plenty to think about.
Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results