shape
carat
color
clarity

"Silly" Fears

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 8:27:25 AM
Author: GoingCrazy29
Date: 9/5/2008 7:59:09 AM

Author: Lynnie

Seagulls, hands down. When I was little, we had a family outing at the beach and I was munching on a box of cheez-its. And they swarmed me. Rather than throw the box or run away, I ran WITH the box, and got chased by a pack of gulls. It was the most terrifying event of my life.

I don''t like driving over bridges either (like Skippy). And the fact that I-95 got shut down for a week a few months ago to repair a crack in a support doesn''t help either. I drive over that section daily.

Ooh, one more. I don''t like driving next to or behind those big 18-wheelers. What if I''m in their blind spot?? What if a wheel flies off and decapitates me? (the latter actually happened here recently to an elderly couple. It decapitated the man. The wife was brought into the hospital where I work).

OK, getting a grip now...

Well now I''m going to be scared of that too! Geez, what a terrifying thought!!

I was just thinking the same! That''s awful
23.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I feel like a total fool admitting this, but here it is:

I''m terrified (and I mean terrified) that there''s going to be a snake in my toilet that bites me when I''m going to the bathroom and I''ll die and that''s how people will find me. I''m so scared that I have to check the toilet every time I use it.

There''s been one time in 11 years that I haven''t checked...and there was a frog in the toilet! I noticed it after I was done and freaked out.

And now I''m afraid there will be a frog in the toilet that jumps up and sticks to me and...well, you get the picture.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Bees. I hate bees. My husband makes buzzing sounds at me and laughs while I swipe at him to get him to shut up.

Loud noises: fireworks, balloons popping -- I hear ya on this one, allie. I have always been terrified of loud noises.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
When I was little, there was a movie out called "Magic" -- I would catch glimpses of the trailer on TV and to this day marionettes FREAK me out.

Also, I think there was an episode of Fantasy Island that had talking dolls and stuffed animals -- creepy.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Loves, it was with Anthony Hopkins and a dummy, right? Eeuuww, creepy.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 9:55:48 PM
Author: diamondfan
Loves, it was with Anthony Hopkins and a dummy, right? Eeuuww, creepy.

Oh yeah, it was a dummy ! Thanks DF....

Here it is if you want to watch.....

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
I have a fear of suffocating to death alone in space.

Seriously. I''m really weird.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Having raced motorcycles in the canyons of SoCal, raced Miatas in three states, bungie jumped, skydived, barefoot skied, and killed my own spiders, I suppose I''m basically fearless.

When I watch Fear Factor I know none of the stunts would faze me but there ARE several things I wouldn''t be able to eat
32.gif
Yuck.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate being tickled.

I also hate being sat on or restrained in any way.

I totally have claustrophobia and fear being squashed or squeezed.

I just do not count those as silly, they are real fears!!!

My clown one is a bit silly I admit, but I am not alone, which somehow makes me feel better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results