shape
carat
color
clarity

"Silly" Fears

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
1. CLOWNS TERRIFY ME!!!
2. Being chased or having someone follow me. Even playing a friendly game of tag I get freaked out and have anxiety.
3. Being held down, my FF and I always play wrestle but when I can''t get out I FREAK.
4. I''m TERRIFIED that my teeth will get knocked out if I fall, or that they will get chipped or broken in some way. I am a nutso when it comes to my teeth.

KesVayReas

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 3:17:51 PM
Author: GoingCrazy29
1. CLOWNS TERRIFY ME!!!
2. Being chased or having someone follow me. Even playing a friendly game of tag I get freaked out and have anxiety.
3. Being held down, my FF and I always play wrestle but when I can''t get out I FREAK.
4. I''m TERRIFIED that my teeth will get knocked out if I fall, or that they will get chipped or broken in some way. I am a nutso when it comes to my teeth.
OHMYGOSH!!! I feel so much better people have the same fears as me, it''s ridiculous. I can''t wait to tell DH when he gets home. :) I refuse to be chased, I just stop and stand still and surrender. I also HATE being held down, my DH and I wear just playing around one night and he held me down and wouldn''t let go and I started to cry!
Also with the TEETH! Every single time I go up stairs I close my mouth really tightly and prepare to fall mouth first into the edge of the stair. Or when I exercise outside I keep my mouth shut because I think passing cars are going to kick up rocks and knock my teeth out.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
You guys are all weirdos
32.gif

I actually have a fear of choking. But not because you can die if you choke. I fear my reaction. I embarrass easily so if I'm in a restaurant and choking, I don't know if I'll be too embarrassed to stand up in front of everyone and make the I'm chocking signal. I think I would and then run out of the restaurant as far and as fast as I could.

P.S. I am also afraid of the dark as some have mentioned on here. When I go on business alone I ALWAYS sleep with the TV on and the hall light on.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 3:23:42 PM
Author: KesVayReas
Date: 9/3/2008 3:17:51 PM

1. CLOWNS TERRIFY ME!!!

OHMYGOSH!!! I feel so much better people have the same fears as me, it''s ridiculous. I can''t wait to tell DH when he gets home. :) I refuse to be chased, I just stop and stand still and surrender. I also HATE being held down, my DH and I wear just playing around one night and he held me down and wouldn''t let go and I started to cry!

Also with the TEETH! Every single time I go up stairs I close my mouth really tightly and prepare to fall mouth first into the edge of the stair. Or when I exercise outside I keep my mouth shut because I think passing cars are going to kick up rocks and knock my teeth out.

I do the same thing when I''m being chased- I just refuse to participate (my gym teachers hated me)! And I''ve cried numerous times when I''ve been held down-my big brother always thought I was just trying to get him in trouble, but it really gives me anxiety! I also close my mouth tight going upstairs, I always have a plan for what I''ll do when I fall to protect my teeth. It makes me feel so much better that I''m not the only one! My FF can''t believe that these things bother me as much as they do!

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
I''m also a huge hypochondriac. I always always imagine the worst too. For that reason I''m not allowed to go on WebMd.

I have a fear of being flipped over or tossed. There''s something about blood rushing to my head that freaks me out. DH is a big guy and likes to do that especially in the pool (I''m afraid of drowning so this compounds my fear).

One of my best friends (and college roomate) is afraid of wet paper. She''ll use up literally half a roll of paper towels to wipe her hands. I remember being really intoxicated one time in college and chasing her around our dorm room with a wet paper towel... she went screaming into the hall and down 5 long flights of stairs!

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I''m terrified of clowns...When I was younger my parents took my sis and I to the circus, me and my sis were in the 1st row right in front of all the action, and my parents were in the row right behind us. I remember being turned around talking to my dad when he got this huge grin on his face, I turned around to see what he was smiling at and there was the scariest clown right in front of my face...ok it probably wasn''t scary but it scared the H*LL out of me...I punched it the the face and started crying. I''m pretty sure that''s what tramatized me...I can''t go through a Haunted House during Halloween because of all the clowns.

Also spiders...All spiders, I don''t care how small they are...every single spider gives me the creeps. My skin is crawling just writing about them...The scariest of all spiders is a Daddy Long Leg...
32.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
Just thought of another one...Flying. I''m so scared of airplanes. I have the worst aniexty that I actual have to drug myself if I have to fly somewhere...

Quinnie

Rough_Rock
I''m also afraid of clowns, but the thing that really terrifies me is MASCOTS!! Ya know, the kind at baseball games, in the big suits? I went to a minor-league game when I was 8 and a mascot dressed up like broccoli scared me half to death.

Oh, and sharks. Even the tiny ones people have in fish tanks.

lindsaylove

Shiny_Rock
I have a ton of irrational fears already mentioned... (clowns, being chased, people looking in my windows, calling strangers, people hiding in my car), but just wanted to add one more: I am completely horrified at the thought of throwing up. I would rather be sick for a week than throw up once. I have no idea how I''m going to handle morning sickness, and I''m pretty sure I''ll get it since my Mom had with all three of her babes...
32.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, wow...

at first I couldn't think of anything I felt I could say I was afraid of that wasn't "average", like bugs (hate hate hate roaches), stuff like that...

but after reading some of these posts, it reminded me that I have a fear of being chased and being held down...I really, really freak out when my DH tries to hold me down kidding around. I will bite, scratch, kick, cause serious damage in any way I can - it is terrifying to me - I've found that's the most effective way of having someone really understand that it isn't funny.
29.gif
I don't know if I ever cried, but definitely not without kicking, screaming, and scratching at the same time.

Curious - are any of the people that also mentioned these same fears hmmmmm how shall I say...control freaks?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I also am afraid of crickets (and of course grasshoppers). In this area, we have a cricket infestation once a year in the fall. They swarm in and cover EVERYTHING... I mean, whole parking lots are just covered in them and they hop on people and go inside stores. Its TERRIFYING! and lasts a couple of weeks minus a few stragglers.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I am TERRIFIED of clowns. BUT, the weirdest phobia I have is of fishtanks...when I was a kid, I had a fishtank in my bedroom and one night, one of the fish flopped out onto the floor. My parents were downstairs doing something, so I had to pick the fish up with my hands while it was wiggling and slimy and throw it back in the water. Now, I can''t stand to be near a fishtank. Unfortunately, my kids have one and guess who gets to clean it every week...although I make DH get the fish out and put them back in when I am done.

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 7:25:44 PM
Author: claudinam
oh, wow...

at first I couldn''t think of anything I felt I could say I was afraid of that wasn''t ''average'', like bugs (hate hate hate roaches), stuff like that...

but after reading some of these posts, it reminded me that I have a fear of being chased and being held down...I really, really freak out when my DH tries to hold me down kidding around. I will bite, scratch, kick, cause serious damage in any way I can - it is terrifying to me - I''ve found that''s the most effective way of having someone really understand that it isn''t funny.
29.gif
I don''t know if I ever cried, but definitely not without kicking, screaming, and scratching at the same time.

Curious - are any of the people that also mentioned these same fears hmmmmm how shall I say...control freaks?

Actually, nope not at all. I can see where that would make sense though! Being chased and being held down are really the only times I think I have ever had anxiety. I normally never need to have control, and would prefer NOT being the one in control of things. Interesting...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/3/2008 8:43:57 PM

oh, wow...

at first I couldn''t think of anything I felt I could say I was afraid of that wasn''t ''average'', like bugs (hate hate hate roaches), stuff like that...

but after reading some of these posts, it reminded me that I have a fear of being chased and being held down...I really, really freak out when my DH tries to hold me down kidding around. I will bite, scratch, kick, cause serious damage in any way I can - it is terrifying to me - I''ve found that''s the most effective way of having someone really understand that it isn''t funny.
29.gif
I don''t know if I ever cried, but definitely not without kicking, screaming, and scratching at the same time.

Actually, nope not at all. I can see where that would make sense though! Being chased and being held down are really the only times I think I have ever had anxiety. I normally never need to have control, and would prefer NOT being the one in control of things. Interesting...
Yes, I always thought it had somewhat to do with that!

That is interesting...

If KesVayReas checks back in we''ll see what she has to say.

KesVayReas

Rough_Rock
oh, wow...

29.gif

Absolutely!!! I''m a self admitted terribly controlling control freak! My poor DH... I don''t control him though I must mention...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ghosts and germs.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
1. FLYING. Xanax is the only reason I travel as much as I do. I hate traveling alone because then I have no one to distract me from my fear. However, strangely enough, flying in a helicopter doesn''t bother me at all (Skippy made me think of that one!).

2. Insects that jump or fly. I hate how unpredictable they are! I especially hate moths, and there are always tons of them where I live.

3. The dark/bad guys at night. This fear has gotten better over the last few years, but when I''m alone, I sleep with the light on.

4. Bridges. I honestly prepare to evacuate my vehicle when driving over them. What makes this fear pretty silly, though, is it doesn''t bother me to walk over them. I think it''s just the thought of those mass disasters where cars fall into the water below when a bridge collapses that cause me to panic.

5. Anything around my neck. Necklaces are usually okay, but occasionally I have a mini-freak out and have to remove them. If someone even comes close to putting their hands on my neck, I get really upset. Turtlenecks are like torture.

6. Surprises (the unpleasant kind)--I hate, hate, hate being startled. I can''t go in haunted houses because of all the stuff that pops out at you. I hate being that kind of scared, and it takes me a long time to get over being startled.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
CLOWNS. they simply creep me out.

BIG HAIRY FUZZY ANTENNA'D BUGS. nuff said.

Walking alone at night even in a place I feel relatively safe. Just feel like I am in a cheap horror movie and something freaky will happen.

I hate seeing scary movies now, I used to LOVE them but not anymore.

I hate most rollercoasters now, again used to love being hurtled and flung speedily about but no more. I look at the bolts and wonder when they maintained it last and who put it together.

FLYING FLYING FLYING but I do not find that silly.

Going through tunnels either on trains or in cars. I always hold my breath til we get out! The same with going over bridges, if it is windy out count me out!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I have a friend who is TERRIFIED of frogs. She used to live in a townhouse that backed up to a wetland, so every morning when she would come home from work her screen door would be literally covered in little frogs. She''d always get the neighbor to come over and open her door for her!

I have a lot of the fears already mentioned:

DEATHLY afraid of flying
Spiders-they scare the bejeebus out of me
Bridges-I get serious anxiety when I have to cross one
Heights-I, like a previous poster, am afraid that I will jump off....like I will get an uncontrollable urge to just fling myself over the edge.

When I was a kid I was afraid to hang my legs or arms over the side of my bed when I was sleeping. I was afraid that whatever was hanging over would get sliced off by giant guillotines (umm....can you say irrational??).

And, ever since I read this thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-people-be-haunted.61381/page-3 I have been terrified that I will wake up and see shadow people wearing black hats standing over me in bed.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Seriously people, get a grip!!!!

2.gif
5.gif
27.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 5:21:52 PM
Author: Quinnie
I''m also afraid of clowns, but the thing that really terrifies me is MASCOTS!! Ya know, the kind at baseball games, in the big suits? I went to a minor-league game when I was 8 and a mascot dressed up like broccoli scared me half to death.

Oh, and sharks. Even the tiny ones people have in fish tanks.
oh my goodness. someone else shares this fear with me!! i had a giant jelly belly (the candy) chase me in a mall once in my early teens. looking back it was probably some highschool/college jerk, but scared the heck outta me.

ever since i can''t stand them.

And for those scared of clowns (im one of them) here might be a reason why - kids, young children and adults who are very perceptive off of facial cues generally do not like clowns becuase you cannot read their face - the make up/mask prevents from showing true emotion.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m petrified of tomato ketchup! D slags me all the time about it, but even the thought of getting a tiny bit on my hands or anything freaks the life out of me.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Clowns Literately make me freeze!

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Seagulls, hands down. When I was little, we had a family outing at the beach and I was munching on a box of cheez-its. And they swarmed me. Rather than throw the box or run away, I ran WITH the box, and got chased by a pack of gulls. It was the most terrifying event of my life.
I don''t like driving over bridges either (like Skippy). And the fact that I-95 got shut down for a week a few months ago to repair a crack in a support doesn''t help either. I drive over that section daily.
Ooh, one more. I don''t like driving next to or behind those big 18-wheelers. What if I''m in their blind spot?? What if a wheel flies off and decapitates me? (the latter actually happened here recently to an elderly couple. It decapitated the man. The wife was brought into the hospital where I work).

OK, getting a grip now...

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think I have WAY too many silly fears. I think it borders on being *weird*

Spiders (grossest thing ever)
Ballons popping and fireworks (sudden loud noises)
Lightning
Heights
Airplanes
Small rooms (takes a while to set in)
Dirty bathrooms
Getting lost in the subway
Gorillas (they look too human, yet are not)

l am scared of the normal things I guess: serial killers in the basement...uhmm...maybe not so normal either.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m not afraid of anything ... well, maybe the huge flying cockroaches they have in Florida. But that''s not silly - those things are frikkin'' scary!
emsmileo.gif

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/5/2008 7:59:09 AM
Author: Lynnie
Seagulls, hands down. When I was little, we had a family outing at the beach and I was munching on a box of cheez-its. And they swarmed me. Rather than throw the box or run away, I ran WITH the box, and got chased by a pack of gulls. It was the most terrifying event of my life.
I don''t like driving over bridges either (like Skippy). And the fact that I-95 got shut down for a week a few months ago to repair a crack in a support doesn''t help either. I drive over that section daily.
Ooh, one more. I don''t like driving next to or behind those big 18-wheelers. What if I''m in their blind spot?? What if a wheel flies off and decapitates me? (the latter actually happened here recently to an elderly couple. It decapitated the man. The wife was brought into the hospital where I work).

OK, getting a grip now...
Well now I''m going to be scared of that too! Geez, what a terrifying thought!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I forgot. I hate public bathrooms.

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/3/2008 1:00:31 PM
Author: Blackpaw
im frightened of those grates in the ground that are above holes that i could fall into and break something in or even die or be lost forever and eaten by rats. some cities have whole underground networks that you could get lost in if you fell through one of those. SO thinks im crazy. But i say it could happen and then how silly would he look?

i have that fear, too. i can''t even step on them, i have to walk around. my boyfriend thinks it''s really funny, but he''ll be sorry when one of those grates caves in under him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results