shape
carat
color
clarity

Scenes from JCK 2005

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
The GIA Collection was established to preserve the history of gems and jewelry. People are invited to make gifts to the collection “to ensure that a legacy of creativity, artistic expression and natural beauty will continue to inspire the public and jewelry professionals for years to come.”

10ExGIACollection.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
From the GIA collection, “Fireworks,” the AGTA 2004 spectrum award winner – The necklace is “Silks Shimmer In The Starlight” – “All Give,” a 57.5 ct ametrine - and “Neptune’s Birth,” a natural conch shell ring decorated with graduated cultured pearls and pink diamonds, the AGTA 2003 spectrum award winner.

11ExGIAGems1.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
“All Give” was cut in memory of the heroic NY firefighters who gave their lives on 9/11.
This shield-shaped Ametrine was made to represent the FDNY badge (57.5 cts).

12ExGIAGemsAllGive.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
“Star Of Victoria” fantasy bra: CZs, synthetic colored gemstones and sterling silver is a handcrafted replica of the 10 million dollar Victoria’s Secret original, designed by Mouawad in a rose and leaf motif. At the center is a replica of the 60K pear shaped Mouawad Mondera diamond.

13ExGIAVSBra.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
So much jewelry! So little time! Too much stress! Must get massage… No problem!
1.gif

15ExFloorMassage.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
GIA labs. I stopped by a couple of times to ask some questions about the forthcoming cut grade, but Michael Clary and I missed each other. My understanding is that the latest issue of G&G – as well as current info on the website – is as much as we may learn for now.

20LabGIA.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Downstairs in the tech section - Leon Rocha (Leon is operations manager for Whiteflash) inquiring about developments and new instruments.

25Leon1.JPG

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
A personal note to Wink...

Many thanks for providing me, Leonid, Garry, Neil, Bill and others with private transpo over the last few days. Safe travels home.

34LVStripNight04.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Wow thanks for posting all of these awsome pictures!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
too cool!
i *almost* feel like i''m there!
2.gif

thanks for taking the time to post these photos!
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
COOOLLLL!! Did you ride the coaster in NYNY? IT is really neat. We stayed there last time we went for a conference. LOVE VEGAS!! But I am enthralled with this market.. ymmm... I would go mad with all that ymmu stuff around me!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much , John , for not making us wait, and for sharing this cool info.

How about THIS plan: next time they have a conference, each of you in the business can sponsor one of us consumers, and get us passes to attend.........???????

Sounds like a PLAN to me!!!!!!!
2.gif

35.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks John the pictures are awesome. Have a safe trip home!!!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/3/2005 10:50:53 AM
Author: Diamond Princess

Always remember, what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas!
11.gif

35.gif

Jamie

[/b]

Well I can tell you that what happened in Vegas should NOT stay in Vegas, but should, indeed must, be spread far and wide to the entire diamond buying world! The knowledge that was shared here is too incredible not to get out!

Oh you mean that "other stuff" with strange women and topless reviews? Well, I can only answer for the people I was hanging with, but most nights we were home in bed and sleeping the sleep of the exhausted by 10:30 or eleven. I do know that Paul and Lieve and Senhor Quixote stayed late at a piano bar with dueling pianos one night, and I have a vague recollection that Denver Appraiser might have been there when I struggled out the door at ten thirty, too tired to stay awake even for a single drink... Paul did nomment that I looked remarkably fresh the next day, hmmm.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results