shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

Cabochon1

Shiny_Rock
Imdanny|1314246274|2998933 said:
Wut? Two hats glued together like a birth defect? I don't give 2 cents about "royals" and their clothes but since we're commenting on style, this woman has none. We have to suffer every "royal" from a bazillion countries and principalities that no longer exist after seeing how Diana did it? Excuse me. I'm going to go puke now.

I love reading this thread. I also don't want to contradict you regarding the ugly two hat creation on Astrid's head.

BUT: Princess Astrid is not a royal from a country that no longer exists. She is a Belgian Princess. And the Kingdom of Belgium is still a monarchy today. :wavey:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Wut? Two hats glued together like a birth defect?

:lol: :D, Danny.

--- Laurie

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Cabochon, point taken.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
LadyMaria|1314230440|2998617 said:
The only person that I can think of that could compete with this fashion "sense" (or nonsense) would be Mabel of Orange. See pages 207 and 201 of this thread...

*insert groan about "oh no, here goes Maria on Mabel's bows again!"* :D

My fellow Texan, I too, cannot get over those bows..

And Danny - My first thought on the double hat hat was Siamese twins!

Here's to hoping for some sparkly sightings tomorrow!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally I think the hatted hat is a smart-alecky comment on some of the more extreme hat styles seen at special occasions like the royal wedding. As such it could have been executed a bit better - perhaps just a tad more subtly? :wink2: - but I like the attempt at humor.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1314014626|2996406 said:
Just no.

LOL LOL!! Well put. Holy mackeral.

Personally I think the hatted hat is a smart-alecky comment on some of the more extreme hat styles seen at special occasions like the royal wedding. As such it could have been executed a bit better - perhaps just a tad more subtly? :wink2: - but I like the attempt at humor.

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
VRBeauty - The double hat was worn at the Prince of Orange's wedding in 2002.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. Not an occasion calling for sarcastic comment, then... :shock: :roll: :lol:

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Here a couple of pics from today's wedding.

sophie%202.jpg

sophie.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1314463909|3001617 said:

sophie%202.jpg

sophie.jpg

I rather like the way The Princess looked, but I just wish she hadn't worn the tiara so tilted backwards. I prefer the way her sister Katharina wore it (yes, now I'm sure this is the tiara ADss Katahrina wore).

Does anybody have photos from the gala dinner? I'm dying to see some German tiaras...

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are two galleries (PPE & GettyImages) where you can find many lovely photos of the bride and groom and their guests:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?start=0&zoektype=2&search=27-08-2011 Postdam
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=121390581&EditorialProduct=Royalty

A few observations - I expected at least some Greek and Spanish royals, also the Princely Couple of Monaco. Another strange think that the Wurttembergs weren't there... A pity that there are so few photos of the other European royals that attended. What surprises me is that there were Windsor and Bernadotte guests (the Mainau branch).

About the jewels - Nothing interesting so far, exept of the aquamarine brooch of The Fürstin zu Schaumburg-Lippe, the aqua jewels of the Fürstin zu Loewenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg (nee von Preußen), also Erbprinzessin von Sachsen-Coburg & Gotha's diamond ray brooch. And I was about to forget - The Duchess of Castro's huge sapphire ring.

Bobby

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Wut? Two hats glued together like a birth defect? I don't give 2 cents about "royals" and their clothes but since we're commenting on style, this woman has none. We have to suffer every "royal" from a bazillion countries and principalities that no longer exist after seeing how Diana did it? Excuse me. I'm going to go puke now.

Oh my god, I just spit my water out... :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
One article about the wedding said there would not be tons of royals, Bobby. I guess they aren't "royal" enough -- are they close to any of those families? I was disappointed not to see more jewels too.

--- Laurie

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1314482771|3002093 said:
One article about the wedding said there would not be tons of royals, Bobby. I guess they aren't "royal" enough -- are they close to any of those families? I was disappointed not to see more jewels too.

--- Laurie

To me there was a fair ammount of royal guests. After all, there was representation from Romania, Luxembourg, Russia, Jordan, Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Bavaria, Baden, Austria, Schaumburg-Lippe, the Two Sicilies, possibly also Liechtenstein. Two Bernadottes and four Windsors were also there. But still it's strange that the Greeks and the Spanish Bourbons weren't there given the rather close blood link. I also expected Princess Benedikte of Denmark with her husband, The Duke & Duchess of Wurttemberg, the Prince of Hanover and the Landgrave of Hesse (or at lest one of his sons). I thought the Marquess & Marchioness of Douro might attend (she is a Princess of Prussia). Not to forget the Prince & Princess of Monaco, whose wedding The Prince attended with his then fiancee.

Bobby

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1314470203|3001805 said:
BubblyBear|1314463909|3001617 said:

sophie%202.jpg

sophie.jpg

I rather like the way The Princess looked, but I just wish she hadn't worn the tiara so tilted backwards. I prefer the way her sister Katharina wore it (yes, now I'm sure this is the tiara ADss Katahrina wore).

Does anybody have photos from the gala dinner? I'm dying to see some German tiaras...

Bobby

I agree about the tiara...looks like a headband vs a tiara.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are some photos from the evening gala - overall there were no surprises

Princess Marie-Louise, Gräfin von Schönburg-Glauchau with a diamond tiara:
newscomzumaredwestphotoj.jpg

The Princess of Loewenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg with the family's large diamond floral tiara, two diamond collet necklaces and long earrings (also wearing Der Königlich Preußische Louisenorden):
newscomzumaredwestphotog.jpg

The Margravine of Baden with the star tiara and diamond drop earrings (also the dress that HI&RH wore at the Monaco wedding):
newscomzumaredwestphotom.jpg

The Hereditary Princess of Baden didn't wear a tiara, but here we can see Princess Sibylla of Luxembourg with her Art-Deco diamond tiara, diamond earrings and ruby necklace (not really coordinating with her dress):
newscomzumaredwestphoton.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Ursula of Bavaria with her diamond tiara and amethyst % diamond set:
newscomzumaredwestphotok.jpg

Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna - a former Prussian Princess and first-cousin-once-removed of the groom - wore the same kokoshnik and earrings as in Monaco, but this time she had a brooch added. This time I relly like the way HIH looked:
newscomzumaredwestphotoe.jpg

The Princess of Schaumburg-Lippe wore her wedding tiara:
newscomzumaredwestphotoo.jpg

The Hereditary Princess von SC&G once again donned the beautiful turquoise parure (I wish she'd wear the brooch some day):
newscomzumaredwestphotodh.jpg

Archduchess Elrika wore her large aquamarine and diamond pendant. As you can see the family is still mourning Crown Prince Otto:
newscomzumaredwestphotoh.jpg

Countess Sandra Bernadotte wore the diamond and pink stone bandeau that she wore at her wedding reception, also a brooch:
newscomzumaredwestphotoy.jpg

I've saved the best (IMHO) for the end - The Lady Nicholas Windsor with an unknown small tiara in diamond. I really liked the way she looked this evening - the dress, the hair, the cape...
newscomzumaredwestphoto.jpg

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Lord and Lady Nicholas look great! Is this the first time she's ever been spotted wearing a tiara? Since they had their small wedding at the Vatican I am assuming she didn't wear a tiara. Has anyone ever seen pictures of their wedding?

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1314491977|3002501 said:
Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna - a former Prussian Princess and first-cousin-once-removed of the groom - wore the same kokoshnik and earrings as in Monaco, but this time she had a brooch added. This time I relly like the way HIH looked:

Bobby

no she's only daugther of Princess Leonida and GD Vladimir Cyrillovitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Vladimirovna,_Grand_Duchess_of_Russia

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
alexander1917|1314561841|3003739 said:
prince.of.preslav|1314491977|3002501 said:

Bobby

no she's only daugther of Princess Leonida and GD Vladimir Cyrillovitch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Vladimirovna,_Grand_Duchess_of_Russia

The Grand Duchess is indeed the only child of Grand Duke Vladimir Kirilovich and Princess Leonida Georgievna Bagration of Mukhrani. BUT - Maria was married to Prince Franz Wilhelm of Prussia. Her own paternal aunt - Kira Kirilovna - was the grand mother of yesterday's groom, so this makes Maria Vladimirovna Georg Friedrich's first cousin once removed, her son being his second cousin.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1314540914|3003432 said:
Lord and Lady Nicholas look great! Is this the first time she's ever been spotted wearing a tiara? Since they had their small wedding at the Vatican I am assuming she didn't wear a tiara. Has anyone ever seen pictures of their wedding?

It's both the first and the second time we see Lady Nicholas with a tiara. So far we've only seen Paola with a diamond and sapphire necklace, which was sewn into her hair. The occasion was the gala dinner after (or was it before?) the wedding of HRH The Hereditary Prince of Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha in 2009.

Here's a photo:
13948123.jpg
http://7.t.cdn.belga.be/picture:13948123:preview:watermark

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1314489507|3002343 said:
To me there was a fair ammount of royal guests. After all, there was representation from Romania, Luxembourg, Russia, Jordan, Saxe-Coburg & Gotha, Bavaria, Baden, Austria, Schaumburg-Lippe, the Two Sicilies, possibly also Liechtenstein. Two Bernadottes and four Windsors were also there. But still it's strange that the Greeks and the Spanish Bourbons weren't there given the rather close blood link. I also expected Princess Benedikte of Denmark with her husband, The Duke & Duchess of Wurttemberg, the Prince of Hanover and the Landgrave of Hesse (or at lest one of his sons). I thought the Marquess & Marchioness of Douro might attend (she is a Princess of Prussia). Not to forget the Prince & Princess of Monaco, whose wedding The Prince attended with his then fiancee.

Bobby

It seems that I was more or less wrong - HRH The Dowager Princess of Hannover was present, as was her step-daughter Alexandra + her husband The Prince of Leiningen. Also Duke Phillipp von Württemberg was present with his wife, who was born a Duchess in Bavaria.
I also forgot to mention the Duke & Duchess of Braganza and Prince Jaime & Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon de Parme.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here are some photos that I was able to find today:

The Princess of Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg's aquamarine jewels:
Newscom-zumawirewestphotosfive518791.jpg

The Duchess of Castro's sapphire ring:
Newscom-zumaredwestphotostwo258235.jpg

(Crown) Princess Margarita's pearls:
Newscom-dpaphotos435143.jpg

Grand Duchess Maria's jewels and kokoshnik (BTW, I wonder what happened to her ruby tiara?):
Newscom-dpaphotos435140.jpg

a nice pearl necklace at the pre-wedding concert:
Newscom-dpaphotos434855.jpg

Last but not least - Maria, The Hereditary Princess of Lippe with a small diamond tiara in the evening. Next to her is her husband Stephan:
Newscom-zumaredwestphotostwo258312.jpg

Bobby

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
While attending the red carpet event in California the Duchess of Cambridge wore a lavender dress. I just saw a small picture of a bracelet on her right wrist, could someone comment on this bracelet. If you have previously could you please refer me back to it in the thread. Thanks

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
In addition to her gold leaf earrings, Princess Victoria wore a handsome bracelet at the naming of a ship in Stockholm yesterday. I haven't seen it before & couldn't come up with info on it. I mean the cuff -- can't tell what the stone is; in this photo it looks like Tiger Eye but that's a guess.

687408-le-29-aout-2011-la-princesse-victoria-637x0-1.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
to mark to-day's 65th BD of HM the Queen of the Hellenes

annem3.jpg

jean95404

Rough_Rock
How did the Greek royals get to keep all of their jewels? Were there separate Crown Jewels that the State kept? Were all of the jewels considered private property? Did they Royal Family transfer them out of the country before the revolution? Just curious and can't seem to find the answer on the internet.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results