shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Back to jewels - here's a glimpse of Queen Silvia's jewels at the Polarpriset - The Queen wore a rerely seen modern V-shaped gold and diamond necklace with matching earrings and bracelet. I think these jewels would make good friends with Queen Sonja's modern gold parure :razz:
Polarpriset2011QS1.jpg

And here we see the bracelet, as well as HM's Catier Love bracelet:
Polarpriset2011QS2_0.jpg

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
In a High Rez photo from Princess Nathalie's wedding I noticed the bracelet that her aunt Anne-Marie wore - it has a large orange stone and a chain of diamonds. The bracelet matches the ring and brooch that HM wore. I''m wondering where the topaz/citrine jewels came from.. And another question - are there better photos of the bracelet?

annemariecbrac.jpg

Thanks in advance!
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
OK! I think this will intrigue you, pals! Stig's photos may not be available, but here are two photos from the gala dinner and dance after the wedding of TI&RH The Prince & Princess of Prussia. These are cropped images from scans of BUNTE pages, kindly posted by Marianne of RJWMB.
The first photo shows us The Princess with the Meander kokoshnik and her mother-in-law, Duchess Donata, wearing an equally large tiara (it may be an Oldenburg or a Castell-Rüdenhausen piece); I thinks HH's wearing a brooch with a large coloured stone:
prussia_gala1.jpg

And here's Princess Maria-Carilina de Bourbon-Parma with the laural-leaf tiara and diamond and pearl earrings from the Orange-Nassau collection:
maria_carolina_prussia_gala.jpg

Bobby

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Those are stunning. Looks like that tiara on the top has metal-mesh of some sort...are there stones in that?

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
The kokoshnik tiara is beautiful on her! Beautiful anyway, but she wears it so well. And I DO always love laurel leaf tiaras, so graceful & classic.

Back to Princess Marie's earrings -- tourmaline is a possibility -- anyway, they are so lovely. I also admire that they're versatile, genius to make them so the drops can be changed. I think I'd even wear those to bed, they're so nice!

--- Laurie

PS -- Bobby, I too think you should write a book on royal jewels. Information may be found in various places, but putting it together in one book is valuable. Almost any book on this subject has mostly stuff that can be found somewhere else -- it's how it's arranged & presented that makes a book useful. You have a unique ability to weave all those families & histories together with the story of their jewels; I don't know anyone who sees the complex picture as clearly as you do & writes as well about it. It would be a longterm project but I know many many people would love to have it! I'm first in line!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1314998450|3008598 said:
OK! I think this will intrigue you, pals! Stig's photos may not be available, but here are two photos from the gala dinner and dance after the wedding of TI&RH The Prince & Princess of Prussia. These are cropped images from scans of BUNTE pages, kindly posted by Marianne of RJWMB.
The first photo shows us The Princess with the Meander kokoshnik and her mother-in-law, Duchess Donata, wearing an equally large tiara (it may be an Oldenburg or a Castell-Rüdenhausen piece); I thinks HH's wearing a brooch with a large coloured stone:
prussia_gala1.jpg

And here's Princess Maria-Carilina de Bourbon-Parma with the laural-leaf tiara and diamond and pearl earrings from the Orange-Nassau collection:
maria_carolina_prussia_gala.jpg

Bobby

Intriguing is an understatement! That kokoshnik looks like it is made out of lace...gorgeous!

I'd buy a book you write on royal jewels, Bobby!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315048640|3008933 said:
PS -- Bobby, I too think you should write a book on royal jewels. Information may be found in various places, but putting it together in one book is valuable. Almost any book on this subject has mostly stuff that can be found somewhere else -- it's how it's arranged & presented that makes a book useful. You have a unique ability to weave all those families & histories together with the story of their jewels; I don't know anyone who sees the complex picture as clearly as you do & writes as well about it. It would be a longterm project but I know many many people would love to have it! I'm first in line!

Hmm... Am I really that good? I certainly don't think so. I just happen to be a guy with some info that is not available everywhere, for the sheer reason that I follow certain royalty boards. I'm even not that good in that and often have to consult the net for certain issues (the RoyalCollection, RoyalMagazin, Wiki, etc). Another thing I'm not good at is royal history - I know the majour facts and I can identify the people, but that's pretty much everything.
Do you, guys, still think I'm the one? I'd better say - leave it to the experts.

Still, I'd like to say a HUGE THANKS to each and everybody who thinks I'm fit to write a book on royal jewels :) Means a lot to me.

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The kokoshnik tiara is beautiful on her! Beautiful anyway, but she wears it so well. And I DO always love laurel leaf tiaras, so graceful & classic.

I adore them! The two Nassau ll tiaras (in Luxembourg and in the Netherlands) are my favourites. I wish there were more examples in use today.
By the way, I'm surpresed that we don't see it more often... If I am not mistaken, this must be the first time someone wears the tiara after Princess Laurentien wore it at the State Banquet for the King & Queen of Jordan in 2006.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Norwegian royal couple, accompanied by The Danish Queen, attended the banquet in honour of the 200th anniversary of The University of Oslo. For the event The Queen wore an Art Deco set of necklace and earrings with emerald beads and diamonds and a brooch. This is only the second time I see HM with these jewels - the first one bing the pre-wedding of Princess Martha-Louise and Ari Behn in 2002.
123406144.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/123406144/Getty-Images-Entertainment

I'm not sure what Margrethe II wore. Looks like vintige/antique gold chandalier earrings and pendant. I'm not sure what to think of the outfit either...
123397636.jpg
http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/123397636/Getty-Images-Entertainment

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Margarethe was painting the palace rooms & didn't have time to change! I fairly admire that she wears what she wants & doesn't seem to give a darn what anybody thinks. Seems to do it more as she ages -- well, age has to bring some perks! A real individual.

Queen Sonja's emeralds are stunning with white! Beautiful choice.

Scotsgirl

Rough_Rock
I seem to remember reading, years ago, that Queen Of Denmark designs a lot of her own outfits.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
prince.of.preslav|1315086300|3009262 said:

Hmm... Am I really that good? I certainly don't think so. I just happen to be a guy with some info that is not available everywhere, for the sheer reason that I follow certain royalty boards. I'm even not that good in that and often have to consult the net for certain issues (the RoyalCollection, RoyalMagazin, Wiki, etc). Another thing I'm not good at is royal history - I know the majour facts and I can identify the people, but that's pretty much everything.
Do you, guys, still think I'm the one? I'd better say - leave it to the experts.

Still, I'd like to say a HUGE THANKS to each and everybody who thinks I'm fit to write a book on royal jewels :) Means a lot to me.

Best,
Bobby

Yes Bobby, YOU ARE!! You give yourself far too little credit. Most people just follow one, maybe two threads. This is the one I follow, I lurk on RJOTW, and that's it (granted, with two kids, husband, and job, it's all I have time for :)) ) But you are one of the best at following multiple sites, and effortlessly and seamlessly bringing all that information together. That is what makes you unique. :appl:

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1315141338|3009538 said:
prince.of.preslav|1315086300|3009262 said:

Best,
Bobby

Yes Bobby, YOU ARE!! You give yourself far too little credit. Most people just follow one, maybe two threads. This is the one I follow, I lurk on RJOTW, and that's it (granted, with two kids, husband, and job, it's all I have time for :)) ) But you are one of the best at following multiple sites, and effortlessly and seamlessly bringing all that information together. That is what makes you unique. :appl:

The jewels are beautiful enough to admire, but your information and commentary really pulls me in!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
effortlessly and seamlessly bringing all that information together. That is what makes you unique.

What Maria said -- multiplied.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315162073|3009672 said:
effortlessly and seamlessly bringing all that information together. That is what makes you unique.

What Maria said -- multiplied.
centralsquare|1315155933|3009635 said:
The jewels are beautiful enough to admire, but your information and commentary really pulls me in!

LOL! So I guess it's true that I am good! It's fun when I think how a minor interest was formed and how thruout the years it became a love for royal jewels (and in some aspects royal art). It is also interesting to think that this board is one of the palces that gave me the basis :)
Anyway, I'll keep on posting here for now and I'll leave the idea for a book for the future.

Once again - Thanks for the words and support!!!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Scotsgirl|1315131287|3009497 said:
I seem to remember reading, years ago, that Queen Of Denmark designs a lot of her own outfits.

That's correct - The Queen stands behind the design of some of her daily and evening outfits. The turquoise and white dress with a large bow which HM wore at the Prince Consort's 75th birthday gala (a.o. events) is an example and I think it's rather lovely.
This one, however, (and regardless of the designer) is certainly not a dress I'd like to see repeated on dear old Daisy.

Bobby

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended The Yorkshire Variety Club Golden Ball at Harewood House in Leeds, England

Check out the earrings!

charlene%20dangly%20ears.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I came on some nice photos of Queen Sonja wearing the Empress Josephine tiara -- some may have been put up before but I don't remember them, so thought I'd share. Also realized something kind of funny, which you'll see below.

This next dress reminded me so much of my own wedding dress, I had to dig out photos.
First, HM:

Now, me -- definitely without the Empress Josephine! ;( Remember when you look at the dress that I got married about 450 years ago.

Sonja1.jpg

Sonja3.jpg

Sonja2.jpg

Image2.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
BB, you posted just the same time I did -- YOW, what GORGEOUS FABULOUSLY BEAUTIFUL earrings. I'm madly in love!!! :tongue:

--- Laurie

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
So Laurie, can you still fit into your wedding dress? If so, you need to track down a replica of that Norwegian tiara! You could dress up like Queen Sonja for Halloween!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1315176738|3009767 said:
Prince Albert and Princess Charlene attended The Yorkshire Variety Club Golden Ball at Harewood House in Leeds, England

Check out the earrings!

charlene%20dangly%20ears.jpg

Gorgeous! Diamonds??

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BubblyBear|1315176738|3009767 said:

Check out the earrings!

Thanks for posting ths lovely photo of The Princess of Monaco, BB! I really like the earrings and I think the combination of dress and jewels was fitting for the event - The Yorkshire Variety Club's Goldern Jubilee.

Here one can see many more photos of TSH: http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?EventId=123961172&EditorialProduct=Royalty

Boby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1315180079|3009795 said:
I came on some nice photos of Queen Sonja wearing the Empress Josephine tiara -- some may have been put up before but I don't remember them, so thought I'd share. Also realized something kind of funny, which you'll see below.

Lovely pictures and an intersting observation, thanks Laurie! This has always been my favourite emerald parure :)
Don't know when your wedding was (certainly 450 years ago there weren't cameras), but I can tell you that Queen Sonja's infamous salmon dress made it's appearence during the Swedish State Visit to Norway in 1993 with the emerald parure (just ike at Victoria and Daniel's wedding). There's a photo of Queen Sonja and Queen Silva with their Napoleonic parures, which I find quite interesting and impressive when you think of the (shared) history of both parures. I've often thought that only Queen Ingrid with her rubies was missing from the photo.

Bobby

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
All I can say, Bobby, is that I hope my dress was better than Queen Sonja's! No emerald parure, but I would never have used a gold purse with it either!! :saint:

--- Laurie

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Bobby, would love to see the photos of the Queens with the Napoleonic parures if you can post it. Thanks.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
53114609.jpg

53114615.jpg

53114622.jpg

"Impressive sapphire and diamond demi-parure, Mellerio dits Meller, circa 1870. The property of H.S.H. Prince Carlo Della Torre E Tasso. Formerly from the Collections of Princess Marie Bonaparte and Princess Eugenie of Greece and Denmark. photo Sotheby's"

http://elogedelart.canalblog.com/tag/ruby/p30-0.html

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
**edited by moderator. please just report spam to the moderators**

Gorgeous sapphires, Danny! Oh gosh, beautiful.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Princess Charlene & Prince Albert at the Internation Year of Forests (WWF) Charity Ball in Geneva. She is wearing a COLOR and, I presume, big diamond hoops. I do hope she eventually arrives at a little more flash in dress & especially jewels!

dsc5521d.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results