carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyMaria|1312299840|2982320 said:
I found this picture of the Princess Royal very touching. It is one of the most human, emotional pictures I think I've ever seen of her. I remember seeing the same look on my mother's face at my wedding...

I agree, LadyMaria. That was a nice catch. Anne is not someone I have been able to warm up to, and this photo shows, once again, that everyone has different sides to him. The Quakers would say that everyone has an inner light. I believe that and thus should try to remember it.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Were does Zara get her looks?
She is lovely. Is there a pic of her wedding dress

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1312297445|2982289 said:
I love your photo, Bobby, and I assure you that the other photos I saw and did not post were far less flattering (to use a euphemistic phrase) than the photo I posted. The photo you posted shows Autumn Phillips as the beautiful young woman she is (but perhaps all you were looking for was the clarity of the diamond and pearl earrings in the photo)!

Deb/AGBF

I wasn't just looking for a clear shot of the earrings, but rather a photo that flatters both Autumn and the jewels (however small they might be). Generally, I wouldn't post a non-flattering photo of a lady, unless it shows her jewels to full advantage.
Agree that Autumn is a lovely lady :)

BTW, Mrs Phillips wore a ring with a coloured stone, instead of her all-diamond engagement ring at Zara & Michael's wedding. See photo here: http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/120300290/WireImage Any guess what it might be? A ruby, perhaps?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1312299233|2982308 said:
4 days, 6 attempts to get an IV in my arm, and not one but TWO surgeries later, I am finally home and on the mend. The big problem was that the kidney stone was not 4-5 mm as the doctor thought, but rather 9 mm across. It was bigger than my 1/3 carat diamond in my wedding ring.

Thank you again for all the thoughts and prayers these last few weeks! I'll post pictures of my new "royal jewels" as they come out.

You just can't imagine how happy I am to see you posting again, my most dear Maria!!! I hope you soon will be fully recovered :)

Best,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
LadyMaria|1312299594|2982316 said:
Most definately NOT a stupid thing to think my dear Bobby! Remember why William picked his mother's engagement ring for Catherine. Jewelry is a great way to include those who cannot be at the wedding in person. I wore my grandmother's pink tourmaline ring at my wedding for that very reasonn.

Strange, but it appers that I've forgotten why Willam chose the sapphire ring of his mother. At least I didn't think of this when I posted.
Anyway, I don't really think this was Lady Sarah's reasoning. Most likely she feels that they are approprete, probably because of their royal provenence. She, by the way, becomes rather boring wearng the same (expensive) jewels at royal events. It gives the impression that this is all she has, which is far from true.

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1312323404|2982613 said:
QueenShelly|1312310473|2982462 said:
Were does Zara get her looks?
She is lovely. Is there a pic of her wedding dress

Here you go: http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2011/08/ste_nunns_zara_b_6270297.jpg

Bobby

One must assume that that is Captain Mark Phillips who is giving away the bride? I have not seen a photo of him in many years and remember him only as a handsome, if vacuous, young man! I shall look for a photo of him when he was young and beautiful! (Princess Anne did like her men pretty!)

Deb/AGBF

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
laurensmama|1312156123|2981285 said:
Does anyone know anything about the necklace the Princess Royal is wearing in the vogue photograph? Is there a better picture of it? Is it a family piece, borrowed from a jeweler, etc.? Thanks so much.

The necklace is The Princess Royal's property. It was given to HRH by her parents, and (IIRC) they bought it at Wartski. The necklace has and antique design with bows and festoons in diamonds and can also be worn as a choker.
HRH last wore it for her 60th birthday photograph:
article-1303179-0AC9879A000005DC-131_224x423.jpg

This is one of the best photo I've seen so far(taken at the 25th wedding anniversary of the Lux GD couple):
06070168_0.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Jul2006/06070168.jpg

Bobby

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a picture of Zara's parents on their wedding day.

Deb/AGBF

ThePrincessAneeandCaptainMarkPhillips.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1312325346|2982637 said:
One must assume that that is Captain Mark Phillips who is giving away the bride? I have not seen a photo of him in many years and remember him only as a handsome, if vacuous, young man! I shall look for a photo of him when he was young and beautiful! (Princess Anne did like her men pretty!)

Deb/AGBF

That's Captain Mark Phillips indeed, Deb. Cenrtanly not the dashing young officer he once was, but still the father of the bride.
In fact, we'll see fresh photos of him in not soo long at the Gatcombe races later this week.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1312326039|2982648 said:

Deb/AGBF

I believe this photo was taken shortly after their wedding. On her wedding day The Princess Anne wore Queen Mary's fringe tiara - a loan from her grandmother The Queen Mother - different earrings and certainly no necklace.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
The Princess Royal really needs a new hairdo...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
To say the least. Thank you for the info on P. Anne's necklace, Bobby. I wondered myself if it were hers but was too lazy to look it up -- it has been 100 degrees & a million percent humidity here for several days with more to come. I have no ambition.

Would never have recognized Mark Phillips either.

Maria, it's such GOOD news that you're home & mending! We did miss you & are very glad to have you back!

--- Laurie

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I don'nt thonk that the Princess Royal needs a new hairdo - it's her style and such an "iconic" one as the Empress od Persia or the Queen...

NIce to have you back here Maria...

Great pics of Princess Royal...

here one of her bd (60 or 50?) just forgotten

anne3.jpg

princess_anne.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s from the engagement set, Grand Corridor, Windsor Castle

captain-mark-phillips-and-princess-anne.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
prince.of.preslav|1312326727|2982664 said:
AGBF|1312326039|2982648 said:

Deb/AGBF

I believe this photo was taken shortly after their wedding. On her wedding day The Princess Anne wore Queen Mary's fringe tiara - a loan from her grandmother The Queen Mother - different earrings and certainly no necklace.

Bobby

I love the tiara (or jewels) I see peeking out of the princess' hair in the photo I posted, Bobby. Do you know what tiara, or jewels, she is wearing in that shot? She looks like a fairy tale princess in that photo! Was it taken by the Earl of Snowden? I believe he admired her looks, saying she never really photographed to advantage and that she had a lovely complexion that didn't show in photos.

Deb/AGBF

BubblyBear

Shiny_Rock
alexander1917|1312330430|2982694 said:
I don'nt thonk that the Princess Royal needs a new hairdo - it's her style and such an "iconic" one as the Empress od Persia or the Queen...

Love the blue dress - It really brings out her cool coloring.

And the bow/festoon necklace is really gorgeous.

We'll just have to disagree on the hair issue. :)

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

Wow - she's beautiful in these photos. i feel like her persona is usually more formal and serious, but she looks casual, relaxed and beautiful in these photos.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
What was camilla thinking.
what bigger arrangement on head to draw attention to herself? :confused:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I wish we could, as a group, simply stop saying unkind things about Camilla, Diana, Camilla vs Diana, all of it. The only thing it ever accomplishes is to upset all of us. I enjoy all of the posts about clothes, the history of royal families, titles, styles, and the rest of it, even though this is primarily a thread about royal jewels, but can we please, please let the negativity, criticism, and aggressiveness about Camilla and Diana go? Please?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Danny, I don't read that comment as relating to Diana vs. Camilla. It's simply an...um...astonishing hat. I read a couple of royal fashion blogs that were universally unhappy with it also. One called it "a detonation of prairie wildlife," I'm still laughing. I agree w/your point about comparisons but also gotta say so if Camilla or anyone else commits a fashion faux pas. However, her choker makes up for it quite a bit; it is always beautiful.

--- Laurie

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Imdanny|1312356384|2982926 said:
I wish we could, as a group, simply stop saying unkind things about Camilla, Diana, Camilla vs Diana, all of it. The only thing it ever accomplishes is to upset all of us. I enjoy all of the posts about clothes, the history of royal families, titles, styles, and the rest of it, even though this is primarily a thread about royal jewels, but can we please, please let the negativity, criticism, and aggressiveness about Camilla and Diana go? Please?

of course the main point is about the jewels. but as I said many times ago. for me some part of royalty goes to-gether with the jewels. one main point is that those items are WORN, and live!
many great pieces of jewelry are really death in some or the other showcase and dusted in family vaults or behind glass in dusted museums.

and yes, I also don't like this Di - Camilla stuff. and for me it is very unfair to set the ever young Di with a 60's years women in some compehension. just think of that Diana would be 50!!!!!! this year.

back to Princess Royal. the festoon tiara was a gift for launching an oil tanker. for the necklace I have check my memory.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1312368058|2982972 said:
Danny, I don't read that comment as relating to Diana vs. Camilla. It's simply an...um...astonishing hat. I read a couple of royal fashion blogs that were universally unhappy with it also. One called it "a detonation of prairie wildlife," I'm still laughing. I agree w/your point about comparisons but also gotta say so if Camilla or anyone else commits a fashion faux pas. However, her choker makes up for it quite a bit; it is always beautiful.

--- Laurie

Laurie, certain people have demonstrated a pattern of posting with constant digs at Camilla, others with passive aggressive comments about Diana. In total, it is diminishing my enjoyment of this thread.

This is why I made my request. It is only a request. Nobody is required to agree with it. But I thought we agreed some time ago out of respect for differing viewpoints that we would give these competing opinions a rest.

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
I did not poke or slander Camilla. Even though I can't stand her.
I was looking at hats and jewels and the information that is so exciting to read. It's true they said Catharines hat looked like a space ship. Camillas looks like weeds and hugh like top heavy.
But I don't feel I was comparing either or.
It's amazing on how so many strange and beautiful hats can be made. I'm glad that the women have decided to recycle dress as the tabloids put it. Also jewelry

QueenShelly

Shiny_Rock
Thank u Bobby for the pictures. Zara dress is lovely. Her mother looked so proud, what mother would not. Zara and Catherine are down to earth they picked beautiful jewels there dress the decorations are amazing.
I wonder how long the princess royals hair is, it's always perfect she has slot of hair. Can I have some :love:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock

LOL The Empress of Persia! The Shahbanu will be delighted if she ever reads this :razz: But you're right- some woman's hairstyle is their trendmark. I can also add Queen Margrethe II to that list (often seen with a colourful hairslide).

Re The Princess Royal - I'm sure the second photo (blue dress+sapphires) was released to mark HRH's 50th birthday. I'm not sure about the one with the black/wite dress. The 60th birthday portrait can be seen in the first post on this page (red gown).

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1312368058|2982972 said:

--- Laurie

No, this was not a Diana vs Camilla comment, yet it sounded like Camilla bashing. Of course QueenShelly may not have wanted to offend HRH and just make a comment about her choice of headgear (as she explains), but we can often read that Camilla wears the biggest jewels available, now that "hat", that she wants the attention for herself, fer attention with other mebers of the RF... We allhave our opinions and preferences, but it becomes irrating after a few repeats.

I second Danny's appel!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
QueenShelly|1312394313|2983244 said:
Thank u Bobby for the pictures. Zara dress is lovely. Her mother looked so proud, what mother would not. Zara and Catherine are down to earth they picked beautiful jewels there dress the decorations are amazing.
I wonder how long the princess royals hair is, it's always perfect she has slot of hair. Can I have some :love:

You're welcome, QueenShelly! Agree about the proud mother ot the bride :)

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results