clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 8:26:06 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Date: 6/18/2010 7:37:43 AM

Author: alexander1917

isn''t it a sapphiere, and a gift from Empress Eugenie? or I''m totally wrong?

Of course it is a sapphire and diamond brooch. And yes, it was a wedding present from Empress Eugenie to Princess Mary of Teck, grandmother of Elizabeth II. Yesterday I was confused because of the colour of the outfit. Sorry for the misinformation.

Bobby

Here''s another photo of HM with this brooch:

One learns someting every day! Now our theory about the provenance of the brooch is "torn into pieces".
On this site there is a photo of Princess (later Queen) Mary wedding presents and the brooch from Empress Eugenie is clearly visible - definately not the same piece! Here''s the link - Queen Marys Wedding Presents | Hochzeitsgeschenke

And here''s a photo of Princess Elizabeth''s wedding presents with the feather brooch clearly visiblefar right on the first row:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 8:26:06 AM
Date: 6/18/2010 7:37:43 AM

Author: alexander1917

isn''t it a sapphiere, and a gift from Empress Eugenie? or I''m totally wrong?

Of course it is a sapphire and diamond brooch. And yes, it was a wedding present from Empress Eugenie to Princess Mary of Teck, grandmother of Elizabeth II. Yesterday I was confused because of the colour of the outfit. Sorry for the misinformation.

Bobby

Here''s another photo of HM with this brooch:

One learns someting every day! Now our theory about the provenance of the brooch is "torn into pieces".
On this site there is a photo of Princess (later Queen) Mary''s wedding presents and the brooch from Empress Eugenie is clearly visible - definately not the same piece! Here''s the link - Queen Marys Wedding Presents | Hochzeitsgeschenke

And here''s a photo of Princess Elizabeth''s wedding presents with the feather brooch clearly visiblefar right on the first row, not among the royal family''s gifts:

Bobby

iohno.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 10:18:30 PM
Author: LadyMaria

I love her hair! It reminds me of a glamorous 1920's flapper!

Yes, her hair looked great! Hope she opts for a do similar to the one during Queen Margrethe's birthday celebrations for todat's wedding. I think Mette-Marit has grown on me much this year with her glam gowns and coiffures!

I think it was quite nice that most ladies had their hairs up. BTW, Queen Silvia has a new hairstyle and if one looks at Maxima's photo, there's a small diamond comb at the lower part of her chingon.]

PS: MJ, you're really welcome! I'm glad at least someone notices my eforts de vous mettre au courant
Here's another photo of MM's great hair do and dress:

102205648.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Guests started arrivin! I gust saw Countess Mariane Bernadotte with her pearl tiara and many pearls! In the church there are two crowns, one of which belonged to Prince Willian. I hope Josefine will explain us the meaning of those.

For those who''ll wactch the wedding on-line here''s the link to SVT Play - http://svt.se/2.132586/det_kungliga_brollopet

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link Bobby, I can''t believe I am watching it here int he UK! Not that I understand a word that the commentators are saying!

Just saw the to crowns, if I am right, one is the Crown Prince(ess) crown and the other looks like a generic Ducal coronet - I suppose as Daniel is t become a prince of sweden and a duke.

Thoughts please.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Countess of Wessex is wearing her wedding tiara. not sure about the necklace at this distance.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 8:35:16 AM
Guests started arrivin! I gust saw Countess Mariane Bernadotte with her pearl tiara and many pearls! In the church there are two crowns, one of which belonged to Prince Willian. I hope Josefine will explain us the meaning of those.

For those who''ll wactch the wedding on-line here''s the link to SVT Play - http://svt.se/2.132586/det_kungliga_brollopet

I just found a photo of a state opening of parliament in sweden and it shows the then King Oscar II and I assume his sons, one the Crown Prince and the others all Dukes of Swedish regions, wearing their respective coronets. They look of the same style as one of the coronets at the wedding.

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
would help if I attached the picture I suppose!

800px-Oscar_II_Opens_Swedish_Parliament_1905.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
IT''S THE BIG DAY AT LAST!

Just woke up in time to see the Queen in the Bragnaca and Princess Madeline in the Connaught...I think that is a first for her.

Now I''m 100% certain that Victoria will wear the Cameo

I''m going to throw my gown and tiara on as guests are arriving!

And here comes the groom! He looks quite handsome, but I wish he wasn''t wearing his glasses. Why not contacts?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s what I think I see:

Margarthe: Pearl Porie
Mary: Ruby

Sofia: Shell Mellerio
Letizia: Floral Mellerio

Sonja: Emerald tiara
Mette Merrit: new one?

Maria Teresa: the huge one

Beatrix: peacock? No, not swirling enough
Maxmia: low profile taria...wedding one without the stars or pearl spikes?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Beatrix is wearing the Ruby Mellerio.

Bobby, will you do the honors of descrbing the bride?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''m crying...
8.gif

The looks on their faces during their vows was so sweet...full of care and confidence in one another. They had a little trouble with the rings but i looks hot there (a few guests are fanning themselves. So sweet how Victoria reached up and touched his cheek after the vows. Looks like Prince Daneil (!) got a little teary eyed too...he had to wipe his own check a little.

I also saw the 4 button Swedish tiara and the Napolenonic amythst in a back row. Queen Anne Marie has the ruby floral on.

Madeline looks a bit pensive, which is quite understandable. Carl Phillip''s look almost says "I can''t believe my sister is married!"

I also saw some guests in traditional Swedish attire!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And I have to chuckle during the hymns...if you don''t speak Swedish and you''re a guest it''s awkward! I even saw Princess Mary singing along, so there much be enough smililarities in Danish and Swedish that she can pick up on it.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Before I start commenting on The Wedding, I'd like to post this photo of the a similar event in the same place 34 years ago... Yes, it's Victoria's parents' wedding!

Enjoy:

Silvia_352571d.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
ROFLOL!!!
5.gif
The little kids are getting really bored really fast! I think one of the little girls just picked a flower out of her own bouquet and threw it!!!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Obviouslyy I don''t speak a word of Swedish other than "Kungliga Brollopet" which I have figured out means "Royal Wedding" but I thought I just heard a word that sounds a lot like family and Victoria winked at Daniel!
2.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Someone on the side scroller for Facebook on the site that is streaming the wedding just said "what a negative speech!"

Josefine, call you fill us in on anything??

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I''m crying again...this song is in English...line about "see the way you shine...show the world you''re mine" and Prince Daniel just beams at Victoria! And her smile is about a mile wide!!!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
What was with the envelope that the priest handed Daniel, which he in turn handed to Prince Carl Phillip? The official paperwork saying theiy''re married? The official paperwork calling him Prince?

How cute how the king was batting papers at the bridesmaids and pages as they passed him. I love the little human touches!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I just herd Kronprinsessan Victoria och Princz Daniel! A wonderful ceremony I must say! There are many tiara/jewellery surprises and I''m quite happy.
The bride, of courese, is wearing the Cameo tiara, earrings and bracelet!, while her mother The Braganca tiara and the pink topazes of Queen Victoria (my personal guess).
Unforunately there are two majour disappiontmants - Spain and Bulgaria. The Queen of Spain appeared (IMO) underbejewelled with the shell tiara, while her daughter Cristina is wearing the Pearl Cartier tiara. I guess they mixes tiaras
8.gif
The other spanish ladies (Leti & Elena) look good with their respective tiaras. Bulgaria - why on earth aren''t they wearing tiaras? Both Margarita and Rosario opted for diamond brooches - again an underbejewellement, saddly.

The good surprises include the bride''s sister with Sibylla''s tiara and Victorria''s pearl/sapphire necklace; Martha-Louse of Norway with the amethysts of her SIL, the small version of the pearl tiara for Mette-Marit; the fringe from Liechtenstein, etc. Sophie''s necklace is also nice, I think it''s on loan from The Queen.

Ohhh, they are sooo RADIANT!!! I wish the Crown Princess couple a long and happy marriage, blesse with little princes and princesses! Long may they live!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
They are leaving and Prince Daniel is now wearing the blue sash and I''m guessing the Order of the Seraphim!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
How could I forgot Rania with her diamond bracelet/bandeau? Another person that disappointed me (and I guess others). The other Jordanian royal sure had mare jewels on!

The presenter called him Prins Daniel Westlin, hertug av V. Why is he Prince Daniel Westling? Shouldn''t his title be HKH Prins Daniel av Sverige, Hertug av V.? Or was she wrong? And now he''s wearing the Seraphim!

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And there''s the kiss! Not waiting for to appear on a balcony later! Right there on the church steps!

I wish there had been more people to greet them as they came out of the church...cheering crowds? Looks like the streets are pretty narrow so I guess there just wasn''t room? Maybe as they get out in streets in the carriage.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The poor security guard types in suits are having to jog to keep up with the horses!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now heading to the 'ride' with the Royal Barge! That's going to be a sight indeed!
I wonder if they presented the flower children with jewels? I know Krederik and Mary did...

MJ, don't worry! There are enough pople wanting to great TRH. Look at the cortege and all the pople gathered.

ETA - In a previous post I forgot to say that The King's sisters also surprised me quite a lot! They wore the Nine prong tiara (Birgitta), the amethysts (Desiree), the 6 buttons (Christina) and of coure the biggest surpris was the Aquamarine kokoshnik on Margareta's head! The sisters made my day!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 10:33:39 AM
The first photo:

WOW Bobby! You are quick!!!!!!
6.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw the wierdest camera angle...looks like it was mounted somewhere on the carriage?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 10:46:03 AM
Author: LadyMaria
I just saw the wierdest camera angle...looks like it was mounted somewhere on the carriage?

Yes, it''s placed whare the rider usually seat, but since there''s no rider today they are using that as an opporunity for footage of the crowds.

BTW, Long live Internet!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Getty Images has some photos of the arriving royals. Here's the link - Gallery

Here's the glittering proud mother of the bride:

102222749.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results