shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time to go to Sweden - this evening the first of the pre-wedding events took place. It was a dinner given by the County Governor on the Swedish Götheborg.

Here are two links with photos and info - Svensk Damtidning and Belga picture

To get you even more in the mood of Saturday''s wedding, here''s the list of the 10 flower children - Swedish Royal Court. Apparently we''ll see three little hairs to thrones - Catharina-Amalia, Ingrid Alexandra and Christian. All three children (IIRC) are godchildren of The Crown Princess.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I hope HRH Princess Haya of Jordan, President of FEI, will forgive me that I forgot to let you know that she also attended Day two of Ascot.

Here''s the lovely Princess and her pearl and diamond earrings:

Ascot2010d2Haya.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's almost the end of the day here in Bulgaria (8' more) and I simply forgot the 73rd birthday of HM Simeon II! Many happy returns, Your Majesty!

Their Majesties are now in Madrid and will head to Sweden for Victoria and Daniel's wedding. This is now confirmed by HM's website. Lets hope for a glittering representation from the Bulgarians.

Bobby

1df5a0c64892b3e3c728647a5d3b4d9516dfb1f.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 4:13:08 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
You are welcome, Lori! Princess Alexandra is one of my favourite ladies, too, and like you I think it''s pity that we don''t see her much these days. Both in terms of style and showing a real royal dignity and pride. I think that with this and of course the great looks (!) the Princess really resembles her late mother, Princess Marina.

The gorgeous Marina standing in front of a de László portrait of her mother Elena Vladimirovna:
Bobby....this photo is PRICELESS!!!
36.gif

Lori

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:53:16 PM

Still no Camilla... Strange!

I read somewhere that she is at Birkhall with the Prince of Wales. He''s had some chest/upper respiratory infection that is lingering and doctors ordered him to take some time off. This is why he missed the Garter Ceremony and Ascot.

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
I just love seeing photos of Princess Marina, she was such a royal and I loved that she had a side-smirk all the time instead of an actual smile.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:43:46 AM
Now I feel bad! You''re all in a bad mood, because I said I haven''t watched a wedding 29 years ago! Perhaps I should feel old because my 5 years old cousin wasn''t born at the time of the weddings of Frederik & Mary and Phelipe & Letizia. Seriously girls, you''ve lived in far better times than I and my cousins.

If I were you I''d feel old if I witnessed the wedding of my first cousin almost 63 years ago, something Princess Alexandra (photo above) did at the wedding of Queen Elizabeth II (the Princess). For me 40-50something years old people aren''t old, just grown-ups.

And think of people like the 93 y.o. Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, who''s Britain''s Queen Victoria last surviving great-grandchild. This man has sure witnessed worse things than you - two World Wors, economical and whatsoever crisis - let alone many royal (or not) weddings. How do you thing he''s feeling? Old, ancient....

We''re all getting old and that''s something we can''t stop! It''s time to face it!
Period!

Bobby
I was 18 years old and had been to Happy Hour after work....I was too toasted to stay awake for the actual wedding and had to watch reruns of it....I was VERY upset as I was a devoted Diana fan.
14.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 7:51:35 PM
Author: LadyMaria

I read somewhere that she is at Birkhall with the Prince of Wales. He's had some chest/upper respiratory infection that is lingering and doctors ordered him to take some time off. This is why he missed the Garter Ceremony and Ascot.

That's righ. Charles has a chest infection and doctors advised him not to apper in public for a while. Still this doesn't mean that Camilla can't attend Ascot. After all it's Charles who has a chest ifection, not The Duchess. I sill hope to see her at least today - Ladies' Day.

Yesterday I checked the list of engagements of the Royal Family, and it said she won't appear untill the middle of next week. The diary doesn't list Ascot for any member of the family of the RF, though.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The guest list for the wedding of HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden and Mr. Daniel Westling is now published on the royal website.
Here are the links: Gests at the wedding, Guests at the reception, wedding banquet with dance

And here you can see photos from last night's dinner - Link - go to Livebilder on the right. The photos can be enlarged and seen on full screen.

BTW, the Norwegian Crown Prince, his daughter, sister and her husband have already arrived in Stocholm.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 7:37:24 AM
The guest list for the wedding of HRH The Crown Princess of Sweden and Mr. Daniel Westling is now published on the royal website.

Here are the links: Gests at the wedding, Guests at the reception, wedding banquet with dance

Bobby

WHOAH!!!!!! It says CP Masako of Japan is going!!!!! I''m stunned! I read that the Imperial Household said she wouldn''t be going and it was confirmed by the Japanese embassy in Stockholm. Perhaps this is just a list of people who were invited, not necessarily meaning that everyone would come?

With the problems that Princess Aiko has been having in school though, I have a hard time believing that Masako would leave her daughter.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Well, MJ, there are some mistakes in the lists posted on royalcourt.se. King Juan Carlos I is also listed but the website of his household doesn't mention him! Unless he joins the rest of the family on the wedding day itself (which I highly doubt), he won't attend. The few royal weddings abroad HM has attended are his & The Queen's (Athens), Constantine & Anne-Marie (Athens), Pavlos & Marie-hantal (London) and that of his goddaughter Duchess Fleur of Württemberg.

About Masako - I read that she actualy saw her husband departure for the wedding. And with Aiko's problems at school... I'm quite certain she will not attend the wedding.

Now the lists have been updated and Don Juan and Princess Masako aren't there!
Now lets wait and see if they fix the odd styling - Their Majesties H.M. King X and H.M. Queen Y, Their Royal Highnesses H.R.H. Crown Prince XX and H.R.H. Crown Princess YY, etc

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ascot day 3, aka Ladies'' Day!
Here''s a BelgaPicture gallery - Link

The Queen surprised me and wore a favourite a mine, a diamond and amethyst feather brooch:

Ascot32010Queen.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Princess Royal wore her long three rows of pearls and a brown version of Camilla''s dotty dot dress!

Ascot32010Anne.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Cowntess of Wessex with Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed:

Ascot32010HayaSophie.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time for Victoria and Daniel's pre-wedding gala at Drottningholm Palace

Please check the BelgaPicture gallery for more photos of the guests - Link

I'll post some of the royal ladies (and their husbands):
Let's start with the super good looking Crown Princess of Norway and her diamond and pearl earrings:

20805179.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And lets continue with the rest of the norwegian young generation - Martha Louise wearing her diamond tasel/fring earrings and elegant necklace, MM also has a large flower brooch on her dress:

Here you can see a clear photo of ML's jewels and a detail of MM's brooch - photo

ETA - two links with many watermark free photos (mainly Norwegian) from the event - side2.no and svenskdam.se

20805193.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania with husband Prince Radu (the man behind). The Princess'' wearing an interesting suite of jewels:

20803994.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Mary with a gorgeous gown, hair and jewels:

kronprinsessanmary_prewedding.jpg

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I remember getting up at some ungodly hour and watching the Diana and Charles wedding with my mom and sister-in-law. Still a fond memory.

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Ascot day 3, aka Ladies' Day!
Here's a BelgaPicture gallery - Link
The Queen surprised me and wore a favourite a mine, a diamond and amethyst feather brooch:

isn't it a sapphiere, and a gift from Empress Eugenie? or I'm totally wrong?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 7:37:43 AM
Author: alexander1917

isn''t it a sapphiere, and a gift from Empress Eugenie? or I''m totally wrong?

Of course it is a sapphire and diamond brooch. And yes, it was a wedding present from Empress Eugenie to Princess Mary of Teck, grandmother of Elizabeth II. Yesterday I was confused because of the colour of the outfit. Sorry for the misinformation.

Bobby

Here''s another photo of HM with this brooch:

57371905_1.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
you''re welcome.

When I remember right, HM wore it not so often, but constantly in the last years.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Royal Ascot Day 4 - The Queen and The Duke of Edindurgh. HM wore her aquamarine clips:

Ascot2010d4Queen.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen of Sweden at today''s reception in the City Hall, hosted by the Government:

Many more (HQ) photos from today''s pre-wedding events - Here

10219837.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It's less than a day to the wedding! Lets start quessing who might wear what.

I'll be the first -

Sweden
HM The Queen - the Braganca tiara
HRH The Crown Princess - the Cameo tiara
HRH Princess Madeleine - the modern fringe tiara (aka Carl XVI Gustav's tiara)
HRH Princess Birgitta - I wouldn't mind if she wears the sapphire parure as 34 years ago. Or a Hohenzollern tiara? We'll see
Princess Margaretha - I'd love to see the aquamarine kokoshnik! Thus rumours that it was sold will end.
Princess Désirée - her diamond tiara (for a good close-up)
Princess Christina - her pearl and diamond tiara

Belgium
HM The Queen - the Art-Deco tiara from Queen Elizabeth
HRH The Duchess of Brabant - her laurel leaf tiara
HI&RH Princess Astrid, Archduchess of Austria-Este - the Aosta tiara
HRH Princess Claire - her wedding tiara

Bulgaria
HM The Queen - I DO hope to see the tiara of Princess Matrie-Louise. I fear HM will be bareheaded as at the 1976 wedding
HRH The Princess of Preslav - her wedding flower tiara, though I fear she also also might not opt for a tiara

Denmark
HM The Queen - The Baden Palmette
HRH The Crown Princess - the ruby parure (because of it's Swedish provenance)

GB
HRH The Countess of Wessex - the aqua tiara, but I wouldn't mid her wedding tiara. Hope HM lends her something, so that she doesn't have to borrow jewels as in Denmark.

Greece
HM The Queen - the Khedive or the emerald tiara
HRH Princess Alexia - her diamond tiara
Miss Blatnik - it'd be interesting if she wears a tiara before the wedding. I hope to see a diamond brooch in her hair.

Jordan
HM The Queen - the diamond tiara she wore during the 2001 State Visit to the UK
For the other Princesses I don't know. They are: Rym, Sarvath, Noor and Iman

Liechtenstein
HRH Hereditary Princess - her wedding tiara (Bavarian heirloom) or the Liecht. fringe

Luxembourg
HRH The Grand Duchess of Luxembourg - perfaps she might wear the sapphire tiara again or the aquamarine bandeau

Monaco
Miss Charlene Wittstock - as with Tatiana Blatnik, I'd like to see her wearing a brooch in the hair

The Netherlands - very difficult here!
HM The Queen - the Wurtemberg pearl tiara or the Sapphire tiara. Queen Emma 's small diamiond tiara isalso an option
HRH Princess Máxima - hmm, I'd like not to see the star tiara. Maybe the diamond base of thr Antique pearl tiara
HRH Princess Mabel - her wedding tiara, but then Bea will not be able to use the sapphires... I'd like to see her with the Ears of Wheat
HRH Princess Laurentien - her wedding tiara or Queen Emma's diamond tiara

Norway
HM The Queen - the emerald parure or Queen Josefine's diamond tiara (both with Swedish provenance)
HRH The Crown Princess - her diamond bandeau but why not the Vifte for the forst tiame
3.gif

HH Princess Märtha Louise - her diamond and pearl tiara

Romania
HRH The Crown Princess - the Greek key tiara

Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
HRH Kelly, The Hereditary Princess - I've not seen he in tiara, thoughshe wore one for the gala after her wedding last year. It would be intersting to see what jewels the family has.

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg
HRH The Princess (aka Princess Benedikte of Denmark) - the Berleberg fringe
HSH Princess Alexandra, Countess von Pfiel und Klein-Ellguth - the floral tiara
HSH Princess Nathalie of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg - the star and pearl spike tiara of her mother
Miss Carina Axelsson - anothe borrowed tiara, probably again from other members of the family

Serbia
HRH The Crown Princess - has she ever worn a tiara? I hope Alexander borrows sth from Cartier.

Spain
HM The Queen - the loop tiara (diamonds and pearls) of the Css of Barcelona, originaly Queen Maria Christina's.
HRH The Princess of Asturias - the Prussian tiara or La Chata (pearl and diamond shell tiara)
HRH The Duchess of Lugo (Elena) - will she wear the Marichalar after the divorce? Maybe aunt Irene will loan her the circle tiara again? We'll see.
HRH The Duchess of Palma de Mallorca (Cristina) - the floral tiara by Mellerio

Well, that's a long list, isn't it? Tomorrow we'll see what I got right and what wrong...

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Ascot day 4 - Princess Michael of Kent - pearl necklace and earings and a bug brooch:

2010-0618-britain-mariechristine2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Dinner by the Swedish Gouvernment in the Eric Ericsson hall - BelgaPicture gallery here - Link

All royals are looking perfect with their gowns and black-ties! Princess Madleine's wering er mother's tiaraas necklace and Vasa earrings, Queen Silvia - diamond reivere, Queen Margrethe - turquoises and diamonds, Queen Beatrix - pearls, Maria-Teresa - the necklace from the aqua parure (we can rull the tiara out fo the wedding).
Not one the photos but I can tell you that Princess Astrid's wearing the Aosta emerlads of her mother-in-law!
Victoria has new long and quite nice earrings.

The royal family's website has some photos from the dinner as well.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I saw a similar list on The Royal Forums....you are in agreeance with a lot of what they said!

I won''t make my list quite so long, but I will go out on a limb a little

Sweden
HM The Queen - the Cameo
HRH The Crown Princess - Princess Lillian''s laurel wreath

I will not be surprised to see the Bragnaca and the Cameo either, but since the news broke that Princess Lillian would not be attending, I could see Princess Victoria doing a nod to her by wearing this tiara as her "something borrowed." Perhaps the Queen Siliva would like to wear the same tiara she wore at her own wedding to her daughter''s wedding

Denmark
HM The Queen - Okay, can''t quite remember the right name, but it''s the larger tiara with the drop pearls...I don''t think it is the Palmette, but goodness knows I''ve been wrong before
HRH The Crown Princess - her wedding tiara for sentimental reasons

GB
HRH The Countess of Wessex - wedding tiara

Greece
HM The Queen - definately the Khedive as it has Danish roots
HRH Princess Alexia - her diamond tiara
Miss Blatnik - Maybe the Antique Corsage Tiara?

Jordan
HM The Queen - anything but that emerald one!

The Netherlands -
HM The Queen - Queen Emma''s small tiara
HRH Princess Máxima - Wedding tiara
HRH Princess Mabel - her wedding tiara, it''s the only one we''ve ever seen her in
HRH Princess Laurentien - her wedding tiara/laurel wreath

Norway
HM The Queen - Queen Josefine''s diamond tiara
HRH The Crown Princess - Daisy tiara from her wedding
HH Princess Märtha Louise - her diamond and pearl tiara (pretty much the only one she wears)

Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleberg
Miss Carina Axelsson - that new spike tiara she wore at Queen Margarethe''s 70''th birthday party

Spain
HM The Queen - Cartier diamond and pearl tiara (is this the same one you were referring to?)
HRH The Princess of Asturias - the Prussian tiara
HRH The Duchess of Lugo (Elena) - I doubt she will wear the Marichalar tiara. I''ll say the Mellerio Shell tiara
HRH The Duchess of Palma de Mallorca (Cristina) - the floral tiara by Mellerio, which was her wedding tiara

Princess of Puke
I will be wearing my Tsarina of Teaching tiara as I watch the wedding on my computer!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/18/2010 1:14:07 PM
Dinner by the Swedish Gouvernment in the Eric Ericsson hall - BelgaPicture gallery here - Link

All royals are looking perfect with their gowns and black-ties! Princess Madleine''s wering er mother''s tiaraas necklace and Vasa earrings, Queen Silvia - diamond reivere, Queen Margrethe - turquoises and diamonds, Queen Beatrix - pearls, Maria-Teresa - the necklace from the aqua parure (we can rull the tiara out fo the wedding).

Not one the photos but I can tell you that Princess Astrid''s wearing the Aosta emerlads of her mother-in-law!

Victoria has new long and quite nice earrings.

The royal family''s website has some photos from the dinner as well.

Bobby

The link didn''t like me
8.gif

Here is another website I found with pictures of Victoria and Madeline at the dinner

http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/?p=4010

http://madhattery.royalroundup.com/?p=4014

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results