shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I''m quite dissapointed from Prince Edward - he simply didn''t seem to care!

634x1003.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Josefine, on another site you asked for a photo of Crown Princess Victoria wearing a three row pearl necklace with the fringe tiara - here you are. The name of the photo sais botswana, but I don't know if it's during a SV from that country.

The pic:

botswana7.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see if I''ve finally managed to not be one step (or one year) behind everyone else...

CP Letizia of Spain at an arts award ceremony. It''s quite a necklace she''s wearing!

102062824.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I think there is a mixture of the 2009 and 2010 ceremony of Garter Day. This years HM wears the Ruby Earrings which came from Queen Victoria. Originally set with opals.
QV left them (and necklace, brooch and a bracelet and the Oriental Circlet Tiara) to the crown. Queen Alexandra altered the "unlucky" opals into rubys. Later the set was a favorite of the Queen Mother. Despite the fact that it is Crown property (which went to the new Sovereign) she could keep them, as the HM said :" I know Mummy will give them back."

2875624.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 2:52:36 PM
Author: alexander1917
I think there is a mixture of the 2009 and 2010 ceremony of Garter Day. This years HM wears the Ruby Earrings which came from Queen Victoria. Originally set with opals.

Yes, Bobby already caught me on it just a few posts ago.

I think what happened was I searched for "garter ceremony 2010" and zimbio.com gave me the 2009 pictures...they must have not had the 2010 pictures in yet.

Here''s a really REALLY young empress Michiko!

reallyyoungempressmichikoofjapan-tiara05.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
is this the same necklace silvia wears
how many 3 row necklaces does the queen have?

straldiadem37.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
thank you so much bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 10:06:16 AM
Author: LadyMaria
Let''s see if I''ve finally managed to not be one step (or one year) behind everyone else...

CP Letizia of Spain at an arts award ceremony. It''s quite a necklace she''s wearing!

This time you''re on time! This necklace is new for Letzia and for this forum (it''s from last month, I think) and is indeed quite sothing, but not my cup of tea at all. I actually feel there''s a lack of pearl necklaces used by today''s Crown Princesses and that saddens me a bit.

Anyways, here are two more photos of this new necklace - the Arts aword ceremny and an earlier engagement

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 5:52:07 PM
Author: Josefine
is this the same necklace silvia wears

how many 3 row necklaces does the queen have?

I don't know for sure how many three rows there are in the Swede collection, but I'm fairly certain this one is the same as the necklace Queen Silvia wore in Italy during a State Visit in 2009* (Link to Photo).

*if memory serves me, this necklace used to belong to Queen Josephine. I'm not sure, though, and would be grateful if you ask on RJWMB!

I think Queen Silvia has one more three row necklace with a large diamond clasp, used at Queen Margrethe's bd in the City Hall:

Bobby

Queenpearlnecklace_cophgn.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the distinctive diamond clasp of the second necklace I mentioned:

45678.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time for Ascot!!!

HM The Queen wore Cullinan V diamond brooch again after a long gap!

Ascot201d10Queen.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TRH The Princess Royal* and Princess Alexandra of Kent - I''m not sure but it seems Princess Anne wore her pearl and sapphire choker; Princess Alexandra - her diamond and pearl choker and diamond 5 petal flower brooch:

*for the first time I relly liked Anne''s outfit, from head to toe!

Ascot2010d1Anne.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HRH The Countess of Wessex - a nice and appropriate hat and dress, adorned with a diamond brooch (if I see a clearer photo, I'll post it):

Ascot201d10Sophie.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2010 6:01:51 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

This time you''re on time!

5.gif
I would really like to see a pair of earrings that matches this necklace. It looks like she wears just diamond solitares with them and I think a pair of earrings that really went with the necklace would increase the WOW factor.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Not diamond solitaires (yet another pity), but diamond etoiles. I also think that earrings that would complement the necklace would be a better choice, why not Tahitian studs
3.gif

Here's a clear pic of the star earrings, presumably from Channel:

xokp610.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember her wedding, so I'm old and ancient too!! I remember thinking, "wow, that's an ugly wedding dress." I was expecting something a bit nicer and not so boring. I also remember when she said Prince Charles' name wrong. She's been dead so long now that some people don't even remember her, let alone her wedding.
8.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here's a nice photo of Princess Alexandra from Ascot's Day one. I made a small mistake - the brooch has 6 petals:
I'm looking forward to photos from today. Hope someone will surprise us!

102122376.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 8:18:54 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I remember her wedding, so I'm old and ancient too!! I remember thinking, 'wow, that's an ugly wedding dress.' I was expecting something a bit nicer and not so boring. I also remember when she said Prince Charles' name wrong. She's been dead so long now that some people don't even remember her, let alone her wedding.
8.gif

Gosh, now I feel old and ancient too because I remember everything you just said! She was gorgeous but the gown was rather hideous!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now I feel bad! You're all in a bad mood, because I said I haven't watched a wedding 29 years ago! Perhaps I should feel old because my 5 years old cousin wasn't born at the time of the weddings of Frederik & Mary and Phelipe & Letizia. Seriously girls, you've lived in far better times than I and my cousins.

If I were you I'd feel old if I witnessed the wedding of my first cousin almost 63 years ago, something Princess Alexandra (photo above) did at the wedding of Queen Elizabeth II (the Princess). For me 40-50something years old people aren't old, just grown-ups.

And think of people like the 93 y.o. Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, who's Britain's Queen Victoria last surviving great-grandchild. This man has sure witnessed worse things than you - two World Wors, economical and whatsoever crisis - let alone many royal (or not) weddings. How do you thing he's feeling? Old, ancient....

We're all getting old and that's something we can't stop! It's time to face it!
Period!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yet another day has passed and it''s time for Day 2 of Ascot!

The Queen:

20780160.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Countess of Wessex - nice earrings, don't know what's the brooch:

20780165.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:43:46 AM
Now I feel bad! You''re all in a bad mood, because I said I haven''t watched a wedding 29 years ago! Perhaps I should feel old because my 5 years old cousin wasn''t born at the time of the weddings of Frederik & Mary and Phelipe & Letizia. Seriously girls, you''ve lived in far better times than I and my cousins.

If I were you I''d feel old if I witnessed the wedding of my first cousin almost 63 years ago, something Princess Alexandra (photo above) did at the wedding of Queen Elizabeth II (the Princess). For me 40-50something years old people aren''t old, just grown-ups.

And think of people like the 93 y.o. Count Carl Johan Bernadotte, who''s Britain''s Queen Victoria last surviving great-grandchild. This man has sure witnessed worse things than you - two World Wors, economical and whatsoever crisis - let alone many royal (or not) weddings. How do you thing he''s feeling? Old, ancient....

We''re all getting old and that''s something we can''t stop! It''s time to face it!
Period!

Bobby
Don''t feel bad...we''re not in a bad mood, just amazed at how time goes by!

And I''m glad that we''ve got someone young like you who likes royal jewels too!
1.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 11:51:26 AM
The Countess of Wessex - nice earrings, don''t know what''s the brooch:
I like this dress much more than yesterday, but the hat looks like something out of a Dr. Suess book!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:53:16 PM
ETA - Here''s a photo of the Queen and her bracelet - Link

HRH Princess Alexandra of Kent and her pearl and diamond earrings and choker.
Still no Camilla... Strange!
YAY....Alexandra looks so beautiful...it is wonderful to see her!
36.gif

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:06:57 PM
Time for some British splendour - Garter Service todat in Windsor!

The Queen wore the Crown Ruby earrings again, these were favourites of her late mother:
Such a big smile from the Queen!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 9:37:41 AM
Here''s a nice photo of Princess Alexandra from Ascot''s Day one. I made a small mistake - the brooch has 6 petals:
I''m looking forward to photos from today. Hope someone will surprise us!
Thank you for posting this gorgeous photo of Alexandra....she is one of my favorite royals and we don''t see much of her.

Bobby, you''re awesome!!!
36.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
You are welcome, Lori! Princess Alexandra is one of my favourite ladies, too, and like you I think it's pity that we don't see her much these days. Both in terms of style and showing a real royal dignity and pride. I think that with this and of course the great looks (!) the Princess really resembles her late mother, Princess Marina.

The gorgeous Marina standing in front of a de László portrait of her mother Elena Vladimirovna:

marinaretratomadrevt0.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I just saw a clear photo of Sohie from day one and can tell you that yesterday she wore the diamond clips from the Queen Mother.

Another view of today''s earrings:

Ascot2010d2Sophie2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Anne - nice pink outfit, but the fowers in her hair ruin the look...not to mention the plastic sunglasses

Click here for a full-length - Photo

Closer view of the brooch:

Ascot2010d2Anne.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results