shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 200 page!!! I hope you're all enjoying the posts on this thread and today's festives!

Now they are getting in the Barge. Time for the ride!

Her sister:

102223433.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 10:57:37 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

BTW, Long live Internet!

Oh yes!!!!!!

I would hate to be one of the people trying to help get her train in the boat. The boat is really cool!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Earl and The Countess of Wesex (with the RVO for the first time!) were among the first royals to arrive:

102223447.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Norway''s Crown Princely Couple - Mette-Merit''s wearing the small version of the copy of Queen Moud''s pearl tiara, her corsage brooch was alos a wedding present to the first modern (after the sepration with Sweden) Queen of Norway:

102223419.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
The more I sit here and think about it, the more I love this boat idea. It is just the two of them...no crowds on the water, the rowers (who I must say are astonishing with their precision) are on the other side of the enlcosed area...there''s just the one naval guy standing behind them. This is some of the best privacy they are going to get all day!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Bobby, talk to me about orders. If someone has been given a Swedish order (i.e. Seraphim) then they should be wearing it today, right? I see the CP couples of Denmark and Norway are wearing the light blue sashes for Princes and the blue with yellow for Princess. But the Earl of Wessex is wearing the Garter sash (what would Sophie''s be? Just as the wife of a Knight of the Garter) If one hasn''t been given a Swedish order, you wear the order of your own country?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Flyover!! They are flying in the shape of an arrow! As if to say to the boat "go this way!"

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
They are now almost in the palace and Mamas and Papas waved them (and not only). I think it''s time for the party to start!

She''s getting of the Barks now.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
They are getting off the boat...don''t fall in! Now there are some great big crowds to greet the happy couple!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Good shot of Prince Daniel''s parents...they are wearing some medals? Any idea what those represent?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Love the flowers where they are getting off the boat. They have hearts and wedding bells made out of flowers on the lawn.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 11:24:42 AM
Author: LadyMaria
Hey Bobby, talk to me about orders. If someone has been given a Swedish order (i.e. Seraphim) then they should be wearing it today, right? I see the CP couples of Denmark and Norway are wearing the light blue sashes for Princes and the blue with yellow for Princess. But the Earl of Wessex is wearing the Garter sash (what would Sophie's be? Just as the wife of a Knight of the Garter) If one hasn't been given a Swedish order, you wear the order of your own country?

The Danish, Dutch and Norwgian Crown Princes, the Presidents of Finland and Iceland have the Seraphim. Their respectine spouses - the Polar Star (second highest Swedish order) and are wearing them today. Others with the Polar Star are Princess Bendikte and Prince Richard, Astrid and Lorenz.

The Earl of Wessex is a Royal Knight of the Garter and the Countess is lady Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. This was bestowed to her earlier this year. Before that she had the GC of The Order of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Bobby

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/19/2010 11:43:29 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
[

The Earl of Wessex is a Royal Knight of the Garter and the Countess is lady Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order. This was bestowed to her earlier this year. Before that she had the GC of The Order of Saint John of Jerusalem.

Bobby

So neither Wessex has any Swedish orders, which is why they wore their own orders?

There was a discussion on the sidebar on the streaming site about how small the British contingent was and how lame it was to send the Wessex''. I think they are the best choice. Charles is still sick anyway, Andrew doesn''t have a spouse. Royal weddings don''t seem to be Anne''s cup of tea. The Wessex'' were at all of the other crown prince couple weddings. Then people were critizcing William for not going. I don''t think he should have gone. I don''t think they are ready for Kate Middleton to appear at this high profile of an event, and if she did it would draw attention away from the happy couple.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Martha-Louse and husband Ari Behn - as I said the Princess'' wearing the amethyst parure of her sister-in-law:

102224532.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
MJ, forget about Miss Midelteon. If Willaim and Harry were to attend, I''m sure their girlfriends weren''t going to follow them. At least not in the church and the dinner. If they did, however, they were going to stay in the hotel and watch the wedding on tv.

Charles and Camilla are the best choice undoubtly! Of course his brother and his wife could join in, but of course health is before every wedding. Perhaps The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester could join, but that''s Elizabeth''s chice to have this rather poor representation at this majour royal gathering of the year.

Boby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Dorrit Moussaieff (first lady of Iceland) has a nice large brooch in her hair and also some nice diamond necklaces. She never disappoints me!

Here are Maxima and WA of The Netherlands - Maxima''s wearing the diamond bandeau of rose cut diamonds and an impressive diamond collet necklace, as well as 3 diamond stars:

102223341.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here's a photo of Victoria from the carriage ride:
She looks as if she's in Heaven
1.gif

wedding_victoria_cameo.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Carina Axelson is wearing (I presume it''s still on her head) the diamond spike tiara she wore during Queen Margrethe II''s birthday ceabrations in April.
There are many photos of the bribe and groom and their guests on royalcourt.se

Enjoy!
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
RoyalCourt.se has some (mis)information about the jewels worn by the attires and jewels worn by members of the royal family Here are links - The Royal Family's Attire and The King's sisters' jewellery

What I find strange is that the Connaught tiara is labeled as "her own [Madleine's] tiara". Is this true?
Also the site said Princess Margareta is waring the Baden fringe, which she's not. A last minute dessison?

Bobby

shadowed_rain

Shiny_Rock
Alas, it''s a mistake by the press (surprise?
1.gif
)...the Connaught tiara is a part of the Bernadotte foundation, so it doesn''t specifically "belong" to anyone. Obviously, certain tiaras are associated with different members (i.e. the Brangança tiara is reserved for the queen, the Baden fringe tiara is associated with HRH Victoria, the Carl Gustav fringe tiara of Silvia''s is associated with HRH Madeleine, etc.), but they''re pooled into one foundation to preserve the pieces together.

There is so much glitter that I can''t keep up with it all...I''m so thrilled that we had so many sparkling surprises: the Connaught tiara for the first time on Madeleine, the smaller version of Queen Maude''s pearl tiara on Mette-Merit for the first time, the amethyst tiara on Märtha-Louise, the list goes on!

After I''m off work later this evening, I''ll post some supplemental pictures from the wedding. Happy watching, all!
30.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Now they''re dancing their third dance! The first waltz of Daniel and Victoria was great! Prince Daniel sure has learned how to dance. Nearly at the end The royal couple joined them and after that the new prince''s parents. Honestly, two or three times today I nearly cried.

Daniel''s speach was very touching, though I missed it and didn''t understand a word (I, however, read that there was a part in English). Hope we''ll see a translation later on.

Now the live broadcast is over! It was a great day and for nearly 12 hours I stood and watched this magnificent wedding. The best wedding I''ve attended ever, really ever....

A billion thanks to Sweden, to the Royal Court for organising the event, to SVT for letting us join (virtually, that is) and last but not least to Prince Daniel for poposing! I wish him and The Crown Princess a never ending love!

I hope everyone that watched the wedding enjoyed it (at least) as much as I did!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time for some photos - Queen Rania with her diamond bandeau/bracelet:

102228595.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Paola & King Albert II of the Belgians - the Queen with Queen Elzabeth''s Art Deco tiara and a diamond necklace:

102229247.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Many royals had tears in their eyes. Queen Sonja was among them:

PPE100619203.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Grand Duchess of Luxemborg looked more than regal with the Imperal dideme and necklace of large collet diamonds (I''d still have loved to see her with the sapphire tiara):

102229334_2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Crown Princess Mary of Denmark and her ruby/pearl jewellery (I wish she wore the chandeliers)

65581.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Maxima of the Netherlands - a mirrored image of the bandeau arround her neck! Quite impressive, I must say, though not really to my taste:

354542.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Prince Phelipe of Belgium was also in tears...
Here's Maxima with Queen Beatrix, wearing the tiara, bracelet and earrings from the ruby parure. HM also had a pendant on her reviere:

PPE100619214.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Mabel wearing her wedding tiara...and...oh no...trousers... I think this could be a very nice and feminine dress, but the trousers and that curtain ruined it. And her husband forgot the breast star and badge of the Order of the Netherlands Lion. Oh, this couple!

5845.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results