clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 11:58:39 PM
Author: loriken214
Hi Bobby!
35.gif

Please explain the role of King Constantine II of Greece. Where does he live? Is he wealthy? Where does his money come from?

Lori

Hi Lori!
As you may know Greece is a republic and thus Constantine and his family''s titles is only used as a courtesy title, with the notable exception of Greece. Nowadays HM is just the head of the former Greek Royal House and as such he is invited to major royal events in Europe. HM is also a (honorary) member of the IOC. Constantine and Anne-Marie currently live in London.
Wealth - I doubt HM''s wealthy. During the first years in exile in Rome (before the monarchy was abolished) the family had financial troubles and are supposed to have sold an important diamond tiara. I once read that the last Shah of Iran helped him and Victorio Emanuille of Italy invest some money. I''ve also read that he is supported by wealthy Greek monarchists.
In recent years TM bought a house in Greece and Constantinos presented his wife with a boat on one of her birhdays. They have the intention to sell their London home for over 40 years and to buy a house in Greece.
In 2003 the RF established a foundation with the compensation (12 mln USD, as far as I can remember) they received for the appropriation of their property (the Tatoi estate).

For further information, please visit the RF''s site: The Greek Royal Family

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Saddly now it is official! Princess Lilian of Sweden has Alzheimer and will not attend the wedding of her great-niece The Crown Princess.

The article in Swdish - Link

PrincessMadeleineturn25l.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
King Constantinos'' birtday party at his son, Crown Prince Pavlos,''s home was honoured by two queens - Elizabeth II and Margrehte II.

Elizabeh II''s necklace and earrings:

101582700.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Margrethe II wore a well-known dress and interesting matching jewels:

101583258.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Sofia of Spain, sister of the King, wore a ruby/diamond pendant of her mother. Dona Sofia was there with her son Prince Felipe:

sofia[p.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Alexia, her husband Carlos Morales, Prince Philipos and Princess Theodora:

reina4--z.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The soon-to-be-married Prince Nikolaos and Miss Tatiana Blatnik:

2548025.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Princess Royal wearing a pearl necklace, pearl and diamond earrings and a BRAVE dress! Her brother Andrew also attended the birthday.

Princess Anne:

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Strange that Princess Irene and The Duke of dinburgh ware not there...

Last but not least, here''s the birthday boy with his beautiful consort (wearing pearl/diamond earrings and a pealr/diamond pendant on a pearl choker and bracelet):

constantin-anne-marie-helfig.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Yesterday evening Queen Beatrix offered the ballets Gods and Dogs and CACTI to the Norwegian royals.
Queen Beatrix wearing sapphire and diamond earrings, the bracelets from the sapphire parure and a diamond wing brooch with large sapphire drop:

20542796.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A full length photo that reveals the sunning dress and jaket and the two massive bracelets:

101571950.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I have not seen a good photo of Queen Sonja, so lets continue with Mette-Marit.
The radiant Crown Princess wearing elegant diamond and (tahitian) pearl earrings:

20542804.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HH Princess Martha-Louise wore diamond (fringe/tassel) earrings and her pearl choker:

20542817.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Back to the previous topic - a photo of Princess Alexandra of Kent:

101584224.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/31/2010 4:24:54 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
On 29 May Princess Michael of Kent attended the rebural of Diane de Poitier''s remains in Château d''Anet, France. The Princess wore an interesting head decortion - a diamond and pearl necklace. The rest of HRH''s jewels are also nice and interesting:
The way she is wearing the pearls on her head looks very medieval!

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
An observation on sashs from the Norway state banquet: King Harald and Queen Sonja have blue with a yellow stripe on each side. CP Hakaan and CP Mette-Merit have yellow sashes with blue on each side. Princess Martha Louise and Princess Astrid have yellow only.

I am inferring this is an indication of Majesty, HRH, and HH? Monarch, CP, and simply princess?

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
More on the Norway State Banguet from Hello! Magazine...

Princess Martha Louise has not been a regular presence at Norwegian royal engagements of late.

But she made a return to the official stage on Tuesday to attend a royal gala dinner to mark Queen Beatrix of The Netherlands'' state visit.

The 38-year-old princess has been taking time out from the royal spotlight to concentrate on her writing, which she says has helped her find herself.

Wow, I didn''t know she lost herself...
31.gif

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 8:53:38 AM
The Princess Royal wearing a pearl necklace, pearl and diamond earrings and a BRAVE dress! Her brother Andrew also attended the birthday.

Princess Anne:
Oh my ...not sure about this dress. I think an amythst necklace would have looked better with this dress to tie in the purple skirt.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 12:32:51 PM
Author: LadyMaria
An observation on sashs from the Norway state banquet: King Harald and Queen Sonja have blue with a yellow stripe on each side. CP Hakaan and CP Mette-Merit have yellow sashes with blue on each side. Princess Martha Louise and Princess Astrid have yellow only.

I am inferring this is an indication of Majesty, HRH, and HH? Monarch, CP, and simply princess?

Aaaa, not necessarily an indication of styles! It''s more an indication of ones role in the country.

The King and Queen of Norway have the Grand Cross of The Order of the Netherlands Lion, which they received during their SV to The Netherlands in 1996.
The Crown Prince has the Grand Cross with Swords of the Order of Oranje-Nassau, seconf highest Dutch decoration, normally aworded to heirs. The division with the swords is givven to s.o. with military career.
The Crown Princess has the Grand Cross of the Order of Oranje-Nassau, the same as her husbands but the civil division.
Princess Martha Louise has the the Grand Cross of the House Order of the Crown of Orange.
Princess Astrid wore the House Order of the Crown of Orange, the same as Martha Louise.
Ari Behn has was made a Grand Officer of the Order of the Crown.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
TRH The Crow Prince & Princess of Denmark are on a visit to Washington, USA. Here are some photos of Princess May''s jewels - pearl and diamond earrings:

PPE10060307.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
If I''m right this must be a gold Cartier Tank watch:

PPE10060319.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 2:28:00 PM
TRH The Crow Prince & Princess of Denmark are on a visit to Washington, USA. Here are some photos of Princess May''s jewels - pearl and diamond earrings:
Mary''s here!!!!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 7:01:44 AM

Date: 6/2/2010 11:58:39 PM
Author: loriken214
Hi Bobby!
35.gif

Please explain the role of King Constantine II of Greece. Where does he live? Is he wealthy? Where does his money come from?

Lori

Hi Lori!
As you may know Greece is a republic and thus Constantine and his family''s titles is only used as a courtesy title, with the notable exception of Greece. Nowadays HM is just the head of the former Greek Royal House and as such he is invited to major royal events in Europe. HM is also a (honorary) member of the IOC. Constantine and Anne-Marie currently live in London.
Wealth - I doubt HM''s wealthy. During the first years in exile in Rome (before the monarchy was abolished) the family had financial troubles and are supposed to have sold an important diamond tiara. I once read that the last Shah of Iran helped him and Victorio Emanuille of Italy invest some money. I''ve also read that he is supported by wealthy Greek monarchists.
In recent years TM bought a house in Greece and Constantinos presented his wife with a boat on one of her birhdays. They have the intention to sell their London home for over 40 years and to buy a house in Greece.
In 2003 the RF established a foundation with the compensation (12 mln USD, as far as I can remember) they received for the appropriation of their property (the Tatoi estate).

For further information, please visit the RF''s site: The Greek Royal Family

Bobby
Thank you Bobby....very fascinating!

Lori

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 1:07:32 PM

Date: 6/3/2010 12:32:51 PM
Author: LadyMaria

Aaaa, not necessarily an indication of styles! It''s more an indication of ones role in the country.

The King and Queen of Norway have the Grand Cross of The Order of the Netherlands Lion, which they received during their SV to The Netherlands in 1996.
The Crown Prince has the Grand Cross with Swords of the Order of Oranje-Nassau, seconf highest Dutch decoration, normally aworded to heirs. The division with the swords is givven to s.o. with military career.
The Crown Princess has the Grand Cross of the Order of Oranje-Nassau, the same as her husbands but the civil division.
Princess Martha Louise has the the Grand Cross of the House Order of the Crown of Orange.
Princess Astrid wore the House Order of the Crown of Orange, the same as Martha Louise.
Ari Behn has was made a Grand Officer of the Order of the Crown.

Bobby
So those sashes indicate the Dutch orders, not the Norwegian orders?

I''m pretty sure Queen Beatrix has the Order of St. Olav. Is the precedent that you wear the orders of the country who is visiting? So if the Norwegian royals go to the Netherlands on a state visit, everyone would be red sashes? I looked up the Norwegian Royal orders and the Order of St. Olav is supposed to be worn with a red sash.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results