shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
My favs - some of the Thurn und Taxis sapphire jewels. Again a display of The Princess'' extravagant style, combined with the great jewels (saddly the brooches were sold):

74796495.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/5/2010 5:38:18 PM
Author: LadyMaria

Hi MJ!
35.gif

What is the date on the People Magazine that you referenced? I haven''t seen it here in Katy, TX yet. Do you have a photo of the cover that you can post?

Lori

It is not a regular edition of People Magazine, it''s one of their special issues. It''s called ''The Royals: Their Lives, Loves, and Secrets.'' Across the top of the cover there are 4 pictures: a castle (I think it''s Balmoral), a crown, an ariel shot of Diana at her wedding, then Diana in the Elvis dress and Cambridge Lover''s Knot Tiara. The bottom 2/3 of the cover are big picture of William and Harry.

This special issue originally came out in 2007 (I remember reading through it when I was pregnant with my daughter and on bedrest). This new one is updated for 2010. I got the new one last week, and I''m just up I-45 from you in Dallas. The cover also has a small thing in the corner that says ''display until 8/6/10,'' so hopefully you''ll be able to find it.
Howdy Neighbor!
35.gif

Thank you MJ...I''ll watch out for it.

Lori

Cordata

Rough_Rock
So here goes the Turn und Taxis sapphire tiara. This picture is not the best quality, but the tiara is really huge. It must be about as big as the Dutch wedding gift parurue tiara of Queen Emma, which unfortunately was broken up.

TNT sapphire tiara.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
A close-up of Princess Glorie with the rubies tiara. Unfortunately it gets a bit lost in her coiffure.

TNT rubies.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
And last not least: the Thurn und Taxis Empire style diamond tiara from around 1820. It was put up for auction, but if I''m not sure if it was sold. If I remember correctly the minimum price was not reached. Isn''t it a beauty?

TNT Diamond.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2010 11:22:16 AM
Author: loriken214

Date: 6/5/2010 5:38:18 PM

Hi MJ!
35.gif

What is the date on the People Magazine that you referenced? I haven''t seen it here in Katy, TX yet. Do you have a photo of the cover that you can post?

Lori

It is not a regular edition of People Magazine, it''s one of their special issues. It''s called ''The Royals: Their Lives, Loves, and Secrets.'' Across the top of the cover there are 4 pictures: a castle (I think it''s Balmoral), a crown, an ariel shot of Diana at her wedding, then Diana in the Elvis dress and Cambridge Lover''s Knot Tiara. The bottom 2/3 of the cover are big picture of William and Harry.

This special issue originally came out in 2007 (I remember reading through it when I was pregnant with my daughter and on bedrest). This new one is updated for 2010. I got the new one last week, and I''m just up I-45 from you in Dallas. The cover also has a small thing in the corner that says ''display until 8/6/10,'' so hopefully you''ll be able to find it.
Howdy Neighbor!
35.gif

Thank you MJ...I''ll watch out for it.

Lori
I found it...there were only two of them left!
36.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2010 1:33:26 PM
Author: Cordata
And last not least: the Thurn und Taxis Empire style diamond tiara from around 1820. It was put up for auction, but if I''m not sure if it was sold. If I remember correctly the minimum price was not reached. Isn''t it a beauty?

How nice to hear that the diamond tiara wasn''t sold! I always had the impression that they don''t have it now.
Here''s the Princess wearing a four row diamond necklace (sold), impressive diamond earrings and two of the sold sapphire brooches:

INF00414725.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A side view of a diamond version of the sapphire tiara and we see that it''s indeed like the Dutch wedding gift tiara. Fürstin Margarete''s also wearing a collier de chien of 9 rows of diamonds*, the above diamond necklace and a sunburst doamond necklace (all sold) to that she added a flower diamond necklace that can also be worn with sapphires (Cordata''s photo):

*at the auction the collier de chien was sold as one lot with two bracelets oof seven rows of small diamonds

collierchien2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A photo of the older Margaret wereing the collier de chien, the sunburst necklace and the Empire style tiara, at least one of the bracelets and a bid all diamond brooch:

princesamargaretha2nv3.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Clementine of SCG (nee d''Orleans)''s ruby earrings - Princess Margaret inherited them from her mother, herself the daughter of Clementine (and sister of Ferdinand I of Bulgaria):

N08498-416-lr-1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna of Russia''s emerald and diamond earrings (aren''t they gorgeous?):

RUS-GDVLADIMIREARRINGS.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Last but not least - Gloria at a fancy dress party for her husband''s 60 birthday (I think she was inspired by Marie Antoinette)- she''s wearing the tiara of Empress Eugenie, the 4 row diamond neclace and a 4 row pearl necklace are used as swags of the pearl devant-de-corsage:

Gloria4.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Just one more - Margaret of T&T wering a similar costume and the same jewels:

Margarete_of_Thurn_und_Taxis.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock

I found it...there were only two of them left!
36.gif

Lori[/quote]

Yea!
36.gif
My favorite section is "Know Your Princesses." That section was not in the 2007 original version. I was really disappointed in the 2007 edition that they pretty much left out Letizia, Mary, Mette-Merrit, Maxima, etc. Of course, the section on on "Jewels" is a must see as well.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Lady Maria, is it possible to scan some of these pages and post them here? That would be very much appreciated indeed.

Merci,
Bobby

Here''s a nice photo of Princess Haya from yesterday''s Derby Day (remeber QEII in yellow):

610xmn.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I just love this photo of Mary and her family! Can you spot her jewelry?

Lori

Crown Princess Mary and Family.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful family!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 80th birthday to Princess Ragnhild of Norway, elder sister of King Harald V! Many happy returns, Ma''am!

ringhild_scroll_tiara.jpeg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
any info on these earings?

rubyearings.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and these?

diamondearings.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
has silvia worn these earings?

safir.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 89th birthday to HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh, the witty man, who''s always a step behind The Queen! Manny happy returns, Sir!

DoE_OP2010.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Happy 28ht birthday to HRH Princess Madeleine of Sweden, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland! Many happy returns to HRH!

*Josefine, sorry for missing Sweden's national day!

Madeleinenecklace2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Check out this picture of CP Mary during her trip to the US. Note the large pearl earrings. Is it just me, or do they appear to be clip ons? Why would this pair of earrings need to be clips? She has her ears pierced and I''ve seen much bigger earrings than this still be pierced.

I''ve often wondered about the ruby earrings from the Queen Ingrid Ruby parure. Are those pierced, clips, or some other special way to wear big heavy earrings?

fredmary7a.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 10:00:22 AM
Check out this picture of CP Mary during her trip to the US. Note the large pearl earrings. Is it just me, or do they appear to be clip ons? Why would this pair of earrings need to be clips? She has her ears pierced and I've seen much bigger earrings than this still be pierced.

Of course Mary's ears are pierced. I actually doubt these pearl earrings have clips. I think they are held in place like this. But instead of the sapphires and diamonds there's a large pearl.

I know it's not the best explanation but I hope you get the point.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 10:00:22 AM

I''ve often wondered about the ruby earrings from the Queen Ingrid Ruby parure. Are those pierced, clips, or some other special way to wear big heavy earrings?

The heavy earrings from the old parures usually have a wire that goes arround the ear, so that your ear isn''t dragged from the weight of the earrings. The earrings can be worn with or without the wire. Today this method is used by Queen Margrethe, Crown Princess Mary, Queen Silvia and others.

Here''s a photo where you can see the wire of the Danish ruby earrings:

ingridRubyjewelsmary11.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Here you can see Queen Silvia using such wire with the cameo earrings:

wire_cameo_errgs.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I forgot to add that sometimes the wire itself drags into the ear and it (the ear) starts bleeding
7.gif
That''s one of the things Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna rememerd from her wedding to Prince Nicolas of Greece and Denmark and wrote it in a biography.

Here''s a photo of the (quite heavy) Russian cherry earrings, worn by the Russian Grandd Duchesses at their weddings:

cherryearringsRussian.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And finally a photo of the earrings (and their wires) from the emerald (R) and diamond (L) parures belonging to the Danish Crown jewels:

diamond_errng_wire.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results