shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Again Queen Anne-Marie. Saddly her brooch (a butterfly I think) is hidden by the PPE watermark:

PPE10052064.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On 21 May Princess Maxima handed out the Appeltjes van Oranje 2010 at Noordeinde palace, The Hague. Yhe Orange Fund''s award is a statue of an apple made by The Queen and 15000 euro.

Princess Maxima wore the long earrings from the aquamarine parure:

PPE10052123.1.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Beatrix and Prince Willem-Alexander were also in attendance.

More pictures from the event can be found here.

Here's HM and her jewels:

PPE10052112.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 11:37:44 PM
Author: Josefine

and the broch i think i have seen on lilian but i cant bfind a picture.

what do you think about this photo is queen louises necklace a multi colour pearl necklace? i am thinking of silvias multi colour pearl necklace but she has some pearls wich are darker

the broch have been seen on todays royal ladies

Is it possible that you''re confusing Queen Silvia''s multi colour strand with the oriental peral necklace, which AFAIK was owned by Marshall Bernadotte aka King Karl XIV John? This historical strand was among Queen Louise''s favourites. Queen Silvia doesn''t wear it much. Last year''s Nobel gala was the last time saw it. Here''s a photo:

SilviaNobel20091.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And here''s the contemporary multi-colour (Pelosi) necklace. As it looks it''s a set with the earrings:

DronningSilvia_Gal05.jpeg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And last but not least, here''s the brooch I think the old Queen is wearing. I personaly haven''t seen it on Princess Lilian, but Silvia has worn it a lot with and without the three perl pendants. CP Victoria was worn is as a pendant on a riviere at the 2007 Nobel Awards.

Bobby

03082620.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/21/2010 6:15:44 PM
Author: LadyMaria

Daughter of Princess Irene and the Duke of Parma, Princess Margarita, the Countess of Colorno. I like the necklace she''s wearing here!

Yes!!! It looks high karat! I wonder if it was a gift from visiting Eastern royalty or if someone just purchased something a la mode? Does anyone know more?

AGBF-the-Gold-Fiend
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
HIH Grand Duchess Leonida Georgievna, mother of the pretender for the Russian throne and de jure Dowager Empress of Russia, has died at 95. My condolences to The Grand Duchess and the rest of the family. May her soul rest in peace!

Bogdan

leonida.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2010 12:48:10 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 5/22/2010 8:56:06 AM
Continuing on the Dutch extended royal family...

Third is Prince Pieter-Christaan. He married Anita van Eijk. They did not ask for approval because as far down on the succession as he was already, the chance of him coming to the throne is pretty low. She is still given the courtesy title of Princess of Orange Nassau, but they are no longer part of the Royal house. They have two children, Emma and Pieter van Vollenhovan.

MJ, Prince Pieter-Christaan didn''t loose or receive any titles upon his marriage! He only lost his membership in The House of Orange-Nassau.
Here''s a photoo of Princess Anita on her wedding day. She''s wearing nice earrings:

I didn''t mean to imply that he lost any titles...only that by not asking for the parlimentary approval, he is no longer in the succesion and are not part of the Royal House. The same is true for Prince Floris.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to finish up with Princess Margriet''s children when disaster in the form of a 2 year old little girl struck. Everything is okay now. Thank you Bobby for posting the picture of Princess Anita! That was the picture I was trying post when my little princess got sick. Here is Princess Aimee, wife of Prince Floris, with the ears of wheat.

aimeetiara01.jpg

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the lovely photos everyone, I do enjoy a good drool here every now and then. Can someone explain to me why Princess Margariets children have titles? Have they passed down through the female line?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2010 5:44:28 PM
I didn't mean to imply that he lost any titles...only that by not asking for the parlimentary approval, he is no longer in the succesion and are not part of the Royal House. The same is true for Prince Floris.

I'm really sorry, LadyMaria! I read Prince of O-N, not Princess. You're correct that the lost of place in the Royal House didn't prevent his wife from being titled and styled as HH Prinses Anita van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven.

Thank you for posting the wedding photos. All Princesses are beatiful women.
Hope your princess is OK now.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 1:25:33 AM
Author: Princejohnny25
Thanks for all the lovely photos everyone, I do enjoy a good drool here every now and then. Can someone explain to me why Princess Margariets children have titles? Have they passed down through the female line?

Hi Prince Johnny!
No, these titles are not from their mother. Before Princess Margaret and Pieter van Vollenhoven''s marriage it was decided that the children from this marriage would bear the non-hereditary title ZH Prins van Oranje-Nassau, van Vollenhoven. Apparently this was their grandmother''s wish and I assume this has sth to do with the lack of working Dutch princes.

Princess Irene also enjoy Dutch titles, but they aren''t part of the House O-N or the Dutch RH. They are part of the Ducth nobility with the titles and styles - ZKH Prins/HKH Prinses de Bourbon de Parme. Only the boys'' titles are hereditary.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Time for some glitter from Great Britain now!

Yesterday Elizabeth II visited Press & VIP preview at the Chelsea Flower Show. HM wore the paisley brooch and a matching outfit:

ChFlSh_24Mai.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
State Opening of Parliament today and my little dream came true! The Queen wore the Hanoverian pearls and Queen Victoria''s pearl drop earrings.

In the carriage with the State Diadem:

Sop2010Queen_Coach.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Entering the House of Lords with the Imperial State Crown on:

SoP2010Crown.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Seated in the Throne and we see that she''s wering the necklace with the clasp in front as never beofre! (sth typical for Camilla):

SoP2010Queen_throne.jpg

Princejohnny25

Rough_Rock
Ta, bobby!

What a lovely surprise from HM, and a smart move considering the economy and the weather! I have never seen these pieces before though, does anyone have other photos of them? The earrings are gorgeous and the clasp dazzled on television. What is the history behind these pieces? Are the Queen Victorias?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2010 9:06:09 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Seated in the Throne and we see that she''s wering the necklace with the clasp in front as never beofre! (sth typical for Camilla):
Isn''t she lovely? Wonder how much that crown weighs?

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh attended the 150th anniversary of Eton Cadet Force. The Queen wore a favourite of mine - the brooch from the Kent amethyst demi-parure:

101009246.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
One last post with the old version of Pricescope....

Date: 5/25/2010 12:45:41 PM
Author: Princejohnny25
Ta, bobby!

What a lovely surprise from HM, and a smart move considering the economy and the weather! I have never seen these pieces before though, does anyone have other photos of them? The earrings are gorgeous and the clasp dazzled on television. What is the history behind these pieces? Are the Queen Victorias?

As you already now from another site, the earrings were a gift to Queen Victoria from her beloved Albert in 1847. They were one of the jewels QV left to the Crown to be worn by the next Queens.
The necklace has Hanoverian provenance and had the same faith as the drop earrings. HM has worn the necklace at Prince Andrew and Sarah''s wedding with the clasp on the side.

Bobby

*Here''s the young Elizabeth wering the above mentioned necklace:

queen2rowpearls_Anne.JPG

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
It''s so nice to see those pearls again. I think they are of extreme size.

Does HM ever wore the Kent brooch with the 3 drops after/before the 1986 visit to Portugal were she wore the complete demi parure?

here some info about the Imperial State Crown :Because of its weight – 910 g (32 oz) – monarchs often choose to wear the Imperial State Crown in their private apartments on and off for a couple of hours on the morning of the State Opening of Parliament so they can get used to the weight and feel comfortable with it on. One courtier reported on the morning of a State Opening witnessing Queen Elizabeth eating her breakfast and reading newspapers while wearing it.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Hi Alexander! Yes, Her Majesty has worn the brooch with the three pendants at least once after the State Visit to Portugal in 1986.

Here''s the photo. I don''t know the date but it must be from after the SV:

kentmame2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
My final installment on the sister of Queen Beatrix...

The youngest daughter of Queen Juliana was Princess Christina. She married Jorge Pereze y Guillermo in 1975. This was a sensitive issue following the marriage of Princess Irene that I detailed earlier. Christina renounced her right and her children''s right to inherit the Dutch throne, but her marriage was not frowned on as much as Princess Irene. Princess Christina was married in the Netherlands with her family at the ceremony.

Princess Christina had 3 children:

Bernardo: he is married to Eva Prinz-Valdez and they have 1 daughter, Isabel
Nicolas: unmarried
Juliana: unmarried

Princess Christina and her husband lived in the US, then came back to live in the Netherlands. They divorced in 1996. Christina and the children went back to live in the US after the divorce. More recently she''s been splitting time in London and Italy.

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And here is Princess Christina at her wedding.

prinses_cristina_2.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
I came across some old pictures of Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei. Some say the jewels the women of Brunei wear are a bit over the top and almost look fake, but I''d still take any of them, even the wedding bouquet made of gold and diamonds! Anyway, I''ve seen the pictures of her the royal blue dress from her wedding, but this is the first batch of pictures I''d seen from all the pre-wedding festivities. All I can say is keep a washcloth handy to catch the drool...
5.gif

Here is the actual wedding dress. I''m not kidding when I say the bouquet is made of gold and diamonds!

brunei4.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Full shot of Crown Princess Sarah of Brunei on her wedding day...she was only 17 years old!

brunei3.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Now we get into all the pre-wedding festivities. She had a different dress for each one, all encrusted with jewels. I think though, she wears the same tiara for all of them.

brueni5.jpg

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
And I thought I was lucky to have two wedding showers...CP Sarah had a lot more than I did!

brunei1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results