clarity

Royal Jewels

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 5:43:46 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 4/11/2010 5:29:19 AM
Author: Cordata
Hi, I have been following this wonderful thread for a long time, but only just registered today.

That is a very interesting topic, Josephine. I understand that the hosts are the ones who set the dress code for their events, so they should be the ones who get it right. But sometimes there seem to be problems with communicating the proper dresscode. I find that really astonishing, since the royals have all their staff, ladies in waiting, secretaries, stylists... and whole teams organising every detail of a state occasion. And still from time to time someone blunders.

Prince of Preslav, I think this is a picture of the other event when Margrethe II wore this diamond necklaces. It is really strange that it doesn''t appear more often, it is beautiful.

Welcome to Pricescope, Cordata!

Yes, that the other occasion I had in mind. I aksed on TheRoaylForums where the necklace came from and got a reply that HM received the necklace in 1980''s at her State Visit to Saudi Arabia.

A fully agree with what you saw about dress codes and tiaras.

Bobby
i was thinking the necklace could be put on a frame and be sed as a tiara for maybe Isabelle?
i think we have seen tiaras like that before small with a few small spikes

is there anything about the necklace in bjearnes book?

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 1:51:59 AM
Author: Josefine
however silvia had a brosch in her hair

why the issunderstanding? and has it happned more times
We''ve been disussing this earlier, and I think we are all appaled that Q Silvia and CP Victoria didn''t wear their best... The rose brooch might have been a compromise from the queen.

Large pink topaz brooch in front of hair; Not a big hit.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Hi, I have been following this wonderful thread for a long time, but only just registered today.

That is a very interesting topic, Josephine. I understand that the hosts are the ones who set the dress code for their events, so they should be the ones who get it right. But sometimes there seem to be problems with communicating the proper dresscode. I find that really astonishing, since the royals have all their staff, ladies in waiting, secretaries, stylists... and whole teams organising every detail of a state occasion. And still from time to time someone blunders.

Prince of Preslav, I think this is a picture of the other event when Margrethe II wore this diamond necklaces. It is really strange that it doesn''t appear more often, it is beautiful.
Love this picture of Margrethe!

Cordata

Rough_Rock
That is a splendid idea, Josephine! It would make a lovely tiara for a young princess, but why wait till Isabella is 18? It would also be nice on Mary or even on the Queen, eg. on more low key state visits.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 7:43:45 AM
i was thinking the necklace could be put on a frame and be sed as a tiara for maybe Isabelle?

i think we have seen tiaras like that before small with a few small spikes

is there anything about the necklace in bjearnes book?

That would be interesting, but wait for Princess Isabella when we have her mother;-)

Here''s Queen Fabiola wearing her Wolfers necklace as a small tiara:

fabiola_Wolfers_sdtiara.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Oh Cordata, we seem to think alike!

While searching for the previous photo I found this of Queen Fabiola waring a daisy brooch in her hair:

078677.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 8:53:36 AM
Oh Cordata, we seem to think alike!

While searching for the previous photo I found this of Queen Fabiola waring a daisy brooch in her hair:
Yes, I think so too!
And I also love to see brooches and other jewels worn in the hair. Once I saw a pictur of Margrethe II with an oval diamond brooch worn in a very elegant wavy hairstyle. Unfortunately I didn''t save the picture.
This is from Queen Beatrix 60''s birthday. Does anbody know what Margrethe wears in her hair? Is it a brooch, a bracelet or anything else?

DK Margrethe xy.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 1:31:01 AM
i was wondering about this wearing a tiara and hen other does not at the state visit in sweden MT arrived with tiara
Does someone have some information about this loverly tiara?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Posted by Cordata: This is from Queen Beatrix 60's birthday. Does anbody know what Margrethe wears in her hair? Is it a brooch, a bracelet or anything else?

My guess would be either a part of Queen Ingrid's floral tiara or two-three of the popies. It might well be sth else, though.

Queen Margrethe wearing two of the popies in her hair at the pre-wedding of Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson:

19990605reception16fmp8dg.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 2:53:34 PM
Author: alexander1917
Date: 4/11/2010 1:31:01 AM

i was wondering about this wearing a tiara and hen other does not at the state visit in sweden MT arrived with tiara

Does someone have some information about this loverly tiara?

This is my favourite tiara from the Lux collection and one of my favourites in the whole tiara world!

The central stone is a large sapphire flinked bydiamond laurel leafs. According to Poit de Vue it (the diadem) first belonged to GD Charlotte. Quite strange, but I''ve never seen Joséphine-Charlotte wearing it.

Close-up of the tiara:

v2v4pe.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The young Grand Duchess Charlotte wearing the sapphire tiara. I think the additional row of diamonds on the bottom is now removed and worn as a necklace:

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Hi Cordata!
35.gif

Welcome to PS! Where are you located? I''m in Katy, TX, USA.

Lori

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I think the smaller version with out the row diamonds looks much better. many thanks for the information.

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 5:32:33 PM
Posted by Cordata: This is from Queen Beatrix 60''s birthday. Does anbody know what Margrethe wears in her hair? Is it a brooch, a bracelet or anything else?

My guess would be either a part of Queen Ingrid''s floral tiara or two-three of the popies. It might well be sth else, though.

Queen Margrethe wearing two of the popies in her hair at the pre-wedding of Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson:
Thanks for that picture, I haven''t seen it before. Does anyone know how often Queen Margrethe wore the infamous poppies (or parts of them)? I enlarged part of the picture from Beatrix'' birthday. Necklace and earrings are clearly the same as at the pre-wedding, but the hair ornaments neither look like poppies nor like part of the floral tiara.

DK Margrethe xy2.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 6:05:07 PM
The young Grand Duchess Charlotte wearing the sapphire tiara. I think the additional row of diamonds on the bottom is now removed and worn as a necklace:
Lovely tiara! To me the diamond row at the base looks strange, as if it wasn''t part of the original design and added later. I''m quite glad that MT removed it. The Luxemburg family has magnificent jewels. It''s such a pity that we hardly ever see them. Maybe Margrethe''s birthday and certainly Victoria''s wedding will showcase some of it.

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 12:09:29 AM
Author: loriken214

Hi Cordata!
35.gif

Welcome to PS! Where are you located? I''m in Katy, TX, USA.

Lori
Thank you, Lori!
35.gif

I''m from Lower-Sacony in Germany. Since my place used to be part of the Kingdom of Hanover, I post a picture of Princess Caroline with the Hanover floral tiara. It''s a pity, but with their marriage being in trouble we are not likely to see her wearing it again.

Martina

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
I don''t like this poppy "tiara" at all. of course it''s a mordern piece...

I don''t think that Caroline will be divorced. of course Hanover is an ex-reigning house but through this marriage she got the H.R.H. style.

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 2:10:42 PM
Author: alexander1917
I don''t like this poppy ''tiara'' at all. of course it''s a mordern piece...

I don''t think that Caroline will be divorced. of course Hanover is an ex-reigning house but through this marriage she got the H.R.H. style.
I''m not sure about that. Caroline might be too proud to stay married to a man after it becomes obvious that the marriage is beyond repair. And what is the H.R.H. of a long, long lost kingdom compared to being the next in line of florishing principality? Mybe we royal watchers take the styles and titles much more serious than the royals themselves. And whether there is a divorce or not: I don''t think that she will wear Hanoverian tiaras and other jewelry after a seperation. Time will tell!
Here is the other of her still-husband''s tiaras which she has worn: the Brunswick tiara.

Han Caroline Brunswick.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re Grand Duchess Charlotte's saphire tiara - Princess Charlotte became Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in early 1919 and to me it looks that the photo was taken some years later - in the 1920s. We know that at this time it was fashionable to wear the tiara low on the forehead (think of QEQM as DoY). Thus the velvet (or whatever else) wraped base of the tiara would show and look a bit awkward and not really pretty. That's why, in my opinion, she 'covered it' with a row of diamonds.

I believe that for the same reason Mary, Princess Royal'hid' the base of her Honeysuckle tiara with a row of diamonds:

MaryPR_wedding Present.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Re Princess Caroline and tiaras:

Princess Caroline can not compain about her husband's affair(s). After all, from the very beginning she knew that he's used to such things (that's how she became his wife). I hope they won't divorce and will find a workable solution about their marriage. Obviously there are problems between them, but I hope they'll solve them in a mature way without mady ado and fuss.
Having a HRH as Sovereign Princess of Monaco sounds tempting, don't you thing? What's more, she is de facto The Queen of Hanover and Duchess of Brunswick. Wheither or not she'll wear Hanoverian tiaras now, however, is still her own decision and honestly I think she isn't really fond of them. That's why I hope we'll see the fringe as tiara in due time.

PS: Cordata, would you re-post the photo of Caro and the floral tiara, please.

Bobby

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
yes maby they see it not so importend to be an HRH. but on the other hand, Di was sad to last the style.

By the way I think Caroline know what she did when marry him. because he was just known as the hitter-prince.

But when I understand it right Caroline is only heir presumptive of Monaco. I'm not familiar with the principal house law. On the other side I think after the conditions that he could marry Caro (f.e. asking HM, clear it with France etc) a divorce would be difficoult - also for the catholik faith. what would be happend when the Pope nullify the marriage whith the rights of Alexandra....I think to much work. they stay married and thats it. And hope we will see some Hanoverian Jewels soon. May in Sweden in June.

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 3:33:57 PM
Re Grand Duchess Charlotte''s saphire tiara - Princess Charlotte became Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in early 1919 and to me it looks that the photo was taken some years later - in the 1920s. We know that at this time it was fashionable to wear the tiara low on the forehead (think of QEQM as DoY). Thus the velvet (or whatever else) wraped base of the tiara would show and look a bit awkward and not really pretty. That''s why, in my opinion, she ''covered it'' with a row of diamonds.

I believe that for the same reason Mary, Princess Royal''hid'' the base of her Honeysuckle tiara with a row of diamonds:
This explanation for the diamonds on the tiara base sounds very convincing to me.
And a good excuse for posting another picture from that era, Queen Elisabeth of the Belgiums with her Cartier tiara. It is still painful that princess Lillian sold it.

BE Elisabesth Cartier.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
I don''t want speculate about Caroline and EA''s marriage. Time will tell and they will not inform us about their motivation and reasoning anyway. But I noticed that the Monaco family hardly ever wears tiaras. Not even at PA''s installment festivities, when CP Victoria and Countess Sophie did wear them. Over the last few years Caroline only wore tiaras at royal events in other countries together with her husband (the Brunswick tiara at Frederik and Mary''s wedding, I''m not sure when she wore the floral tiara, was it the Norwegian wedding?). Divorce or not; would she continue to wear her husband''s jewelry when they no longer attend events together? If I were in her shoes, I would wear my grandmother''s pearl tiara, if tiara be needed.

PoP, does the picture of Caro with the floral tiara still not show for you? It comes up perfectly on my browser.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Glad you agree with my theory, Cordata.

Here''s a photo of Isabelle, Duchesse de Guise wearing one of the most beautiful sapphire parures ever. The tiara is placed in a similar way on her head. Obviously this and Queen Elizabeth''s Cartier tiata (much missed) don''t have an ''ugly'' base to hide:

Dss.de.Guise_840b2d824e_o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 2:05:46 PM
PoP, does the picture of Caro with the floral tiara still not show for you? It comes up perfectly on my browser.

No, I still can''t see it. Maybe it''s a problem of my browser, not you. I''m familiar with the tiara, anyway.

Bobby

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Great photo! I haven''t seen this beautiful tiara on a person before. Must be difficult to wear such a heavy piece so low on the forehead, but I adore the 20''s style.
Here is Queen Maud with the Malteser tiara.

NO Queen Maud Malteser.jpg

Cordata

Rough_Rock
... and Princess Alice Countess of Athlone

GB Princess Alice.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
could this be emeralds earings? is there any close up of them?

090417054.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
gala in denmark tonight

maggan201070.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results