Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one more of mary

x610mary201007.jpg

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/11/2010 6:02:05 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Sometiomes men wear a black bow ties (kings and princes too) instead of white with their tailcoats, but even worst things happen - IIRC the Korean president simply refuses to wear white/black tie and looks odd with his hosts dressed to the nines. That's why I'm proud of my president - he dresses properly for the dinners he attends in Bulagria and abroad.

State banquet for the Korean president in Oslo:

I believe that is the Vietnamese president Nguyen Minh Triet, not the Korean president.

ETA: PoP, how do you know if he refuses to wear formal wear? It could be the case that he didn't know better, or a miscommunication like the other royal snafus.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
This picture is from his state visit to Spain last year:

2009-1214-spain-sofia.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Dear Josefine, this time you're faster than me! Great photos of the Danish ladies.

A few observations:
Mary's pearl neckace (not new as you suggest) looks very nice with the earrings and tiara. Also nice to see the dress making an apperance again.
Marie with the loose hair - a big NO. Nice to see the new pendant again, though. The dress is also nice.

All I can say about the Queen is Perfect. Strange that she wore the dress again so soon after New Year's Court. A video of The Queen delivering her speach showing pearls' movements - Link

Here's a site with many photos of the royals and guests - link

Now looking forward to the second event - the Gala at the Theatre on 15th!

Bobby

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
This has nothing to do with royal jewels, but just for reference: The South Korean President (in red) and the Vietnamese President (far right) at the APEC meeting last year.

btw, Mary''s new pearls are amazing!

610xv.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Benedikte wore her floral tiara, diamond and perl (?) dangles and a riviere with a sapphire&diamond brooch as pendant. I kinda like the dress, the colour particularly:

M2_bdg_ChrbSlott_13.04.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock

thank you

i like benediktes dress a bit of india style.
i its looks good with the saphire pendent

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 4:47:26 PM
Author: onvacation
I believe that is the Vietnamese president Nguyen Minh Triet, not the Korean president.

ETA: PoP, how do you know if he refuses to wear formal wear? It could be the case that he didn't know better, or a miscommunication like the other royal snafus.

I stand corrected, onvacation. Your photos convinced me! Sorry, I'm not familiar with the Asian heads of state, other than Medvedev (Russia) and The Emperor of Japan. I've read the he refuses wearing white tie on another site (theroyalforums.com, I believe). Or maybe he just doesn't feel comfortable when wearing white tie? He knows best. I just write what I see and I've once read.

When you go on a State Visit things like places you visit, (formal) dinners and such are coordianated between the two states. The dress code is also set, so The President can't have been missinformed. The case may be that his tailcoat was forgotten, but I dout it. See photos from incoming SVs to Vietnam (Mary and Frederik in Vietnam) and you'll see that the dress code there is suits and long dresses, not even black tie optional...

It seems that he was better informed for the SV to Spain in December 2009 - Link. He seems to be the only one, though.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 3:47:31 PM
Author: Cordata
Great photo! I haven''t seen this beautiful tiara on a person before. Must be difficult to wear such a heavy piece so low on the forehead, but I adore the 20''s style.

Here is Queen Maud with the Malteser tiara.

I love the 20''s style, too. Thanks for adding the highly fashionable Queen Maud and Princess Alice.

Here''s another of Princess Alice with the same tiara. I seems that she was in a similar situation to The Grnad Duchess - having a detachable riviere on the bottom of the tiara:

pss_alice_tiara_new_r.JPG

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 4:26:27 PM
Author: Josefine
mary with a new necklace?
I just love Mary...her personality seems to shine all of the time!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2010 1:48:32 PM

Date: 4/12/2010 3:33:57 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Re Grand Duchess Charlotte''s saphire tiara - Princess Charlotte became Grand Duchess of Luxembourg in early 1919 and to me it looks that the photo was taken some years later - in the 1920s. We know that at this time it was fashionable to wear the tiara low on the forehead (think of QEQM as DoY). Thus the velvet (or whatever else) wraped base of the tiara would show and look a bit awkward and not really pretty. That''s why, in my opinion, she ''covered it'' with a row of diamonds.

I believe that for the same reason Mary, Princess Royal''hid'' the base of her Honeysuckle tiara with a row of diamonds:
This explanation for the diamonds on the tiara base sounds very convincing to me.
And a good excuse for posting another picture from that era, Queen Elisabeth of the Belgiums with her Cartier tiara. It is still painful that princess Lillian sold it.
These photos from the 1920''s are incredible! Is there a book with all of them in it? I would buy it in an instant!

Lori

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
is it the rose diamond brosch in her hair?
the small brosch is used by silvia and victoria

victoriadaniel19june.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Very nice photos of the couple. I don''t think the brooch in Crown Princess Victoria''s hair is the rose brooch. This one looks bigger than the rose, but it may be just the angle. The Vasa earrings and the pearl brooch look great too.

On The Scandinavian Royals Message Board the invitations for the wedding (Link) are posted and the texst confirms that the dresscode will be white tie. This would mean grand jewes (tiaras and necklaces) for the (royal) ladies.

In the same time the wedding website''s section History and traditions has some info about the Cameo tiara. As it seems Victoria will be the next Bernadotte bride to wear it!

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A very haprry 70th Birthday to Marie, The Princess of Liechtenstein:

MarieLiechtenstein.jpeg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
About Crown Princess Victorias wedding;
Time and dresscode has now been released;
15:30 and the dresscode is white tie wich means lots of jewellery to gasp over. :)

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
new photo of victoria

KronprinsessanVictoriawebb-250x378.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
and one of her and daniel and there is the diamond rose again

Kronprinsessparetwebb.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
sorry not the rose brosch but the same as madeleine wore a few week back

Cordata

Rough_Rock
Lovely pictures, but I''m not too fond of the zebra dress.
Wearing brooches and necklaces in the hair seems to be a new trend for Victoria and Madeleine. I think it started at the Nobel dinner in 2008. Let''s hope that we will see many more variations of this. But they must not neglect their tiaras of this!

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Very nice semi-formal photos of the Crown Princess and her fiancé. The rhomb brooch looks a bit odd from this angle. I much preffered the way her sisiter wore it a couple of weeks ago. IMO the dress can be improved a bit (black or white only).

BTW, tonight they'll be in Copenhagen (yes, Daniel too!) with The King&Queen and Prince Carl-Philip. Also Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway (alone due to the ash cloud
7.gif
) will attend. Also Constantine II and Anne-Marie of Greece with daughter Princess Alexia.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 1:07:46 PM
Lovely pictures, but I'm not too fond of the zebra dress.

Wearing brooches and necklaces in the hair seems to be a new trend for Victoria and Madeleine. I think it started at the Nobel dinner in 2008. Let's hope that we will see many more variations of this. But they must not neglect their tiaras of this!

Yes, I also think it started at the 2008 Noebl prizes when Madeleine wore the large rose brooch and than at day two of the celebrations Victoria wore a long diamond necklace as bandeau.

I'm not too fond of these booches and necklaces in the hair, especially at the biggest events. They are kind of a compromes when a tiara would be too much. As you say, Cordata, they should not forget the extent of the Bernadotte collection.

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
there is no photos yet i did a cap from a video

swedenvictoriadenmark2010.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one of frederik with mary and mette-marit

swedenvictoriadenmark2010125.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
inside the