shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another photo fo HM''s egg pendants and other jewels. The Queen is with her granddaughter Infanta Leonor in front of the church:

98241292.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Today (6th) Elizabeth II held a reception at Windsor Castle for the Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing Project. The Queen wore one of the Cambridge ememrald brooches:

98285808.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The reception was attended by HH Sheikha Mozah bint Nasser Al Missned of Qatar, who wore diamond flower brooches:

98285800.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 4:24:53 AM
Author: Josefine
i am soon off to meet my family for easter dinner

but i got some time left end ended up here.

beatrix and Margrethe

Interesting photo, Josefine, Thanks a lot! I didn''t know thar Beatrix has worn the Aquamarine tiara and this necklace. Do you know when the photo was taken?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Offf! A quick check on RoyalDutchJewels.nl shows that that Queen Batrix has worn the tiara and necklace from Aquamaine parure at least twice more.
Your picture isn''t less appreciated of coures!

Bobby

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Karin and Cecilia bernadotts tiaras

from claes at Royal Jewels of the World Message Board

The tiara worn by Countess Karin Bernadotte (1911-1991) was a gift to her from her father-in-law Prince Wilhelm.

The tiara worn by Countess Sonja Bernadotte (and her daughter-in-law) is made by cuff links from the collection of King Gustaf V.

lennart6.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 1:42:05 AM
Karin and Cecilia bernadotts tiaras
here is what boris at has to say at the Royal Jewels of the World Message Board

It''s quite interesting that Countess Karin''s tiara is most similar to Crown Princess Victoria''s 18th birthday tiara.
Exactly the same style, with CP Victoria''s wider though, apparently featuring more prongs.
I wonder if they were at one point commissioned together?
According to Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg back in 1995, CP Victoria''s 18th birthday gift tiara was not newly made but indeed a Bernadotte piece, taken from storage.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
posted by a member at the same board

90155472.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting parts of the thread here, Josefine! I saw the discussion on the RJWMB yesterday and hoped you'd post the photos here. It's always a pleasure to see the Bernadottes af Wisborg wearing their big jewels. Hope the weddings this year will show us some of them, especially the ones from Grevinnan Marianne's collection.

BTW, I hope Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg is right about Victoria's first tiara and The King didn't really pay for it...

Josefine, I've seen photos of Estelle Bernadotte wearing a beautiful parure that belnged to Queen Sofia, I think. Do you know if it's still with the famiy or was sold?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
This is the tiara from Queen Sofia I'm talking about. There's also a necklace, pair of earrings, breacelet(s), and a brooch in the parure. Any info would be appreciated very much.

Bobby

dsweestellebenadotte.jpg

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2010 3:23:39 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
Today (6th) Elizabeth II held a reception at Windsor Castle for the Bloomsbury Qatar Foundation Publishing Project. The Queen wore one of the Cambridge ememrald brooches:
I''m not generally an emerald lover, but that broach is stunning!!!
36.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 3:53:36 PM
This is the tiara from Queen Sofia I'm talking about. There's also a necklace, pair of earrings, breacelet(s), and a brooch in the parure. Any info would be appreciated very much.

Bobby
It is almost like you read my mind; I found this picture of Queen Sofia of Sweden & Norway (nee Nassau) a few days ago and I've been trying to do alittle research, but didn't find much.

This picture was made of Sofia at the time of the coronation in 1873. It is said she got the tiara from her mother in law, Queen Josephine of Sweden & Norway (nee Leuchtenberg). It's made of diamonds and pink sapphires. Queen Sofia preffered to wear pearl necklaces instead of the necklace from the parure.

2252038997_5862a0a48b_o.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Robin for the information! Pink sapphires in a complete set of jewels is something I haven''t seen before. Now we shall wait for a colour picture of the parure. Till then here''s a photo of Countess Estelle showing the full set.

PS: May I ask where you found the information about the colour of the stones and the presenter?

Bobby

EstelleManville-CtsFolke4.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Where is the set now?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
When are the Swedish Royal Weddings scheduled for?

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 7:22:28 PM
Thank you Robin for the information! Pink sapphires in a complete set of jewels is something I haven't seen before. Now we shall wait for a colour picture of the parure. Till then here's a photo of Countess Estelle showing the full set.

PS: May I ask where you found the information about the colour of the stones and the presenter?

Bobby
I found it in the book "Drottning Silvias festklänningar och de kungliga smyckena" (Queen Silvias gala robes and the royal jewelleries, Cay Bond & Göran Alm 2006) where there's a color picture of Sofia wearing the tiara. (Well - to be honest they are reffered to as white sapphires, but since they are undeniably pink on the picture, I took the liberty of writing that.)

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 3:18:25 AM
Author: loriken214

Lori
HRH Crown princess Victoria will be married 19th of June, just like her parents.
When it comes to HRH princess Madeleine no date is yet released - probably not to take focus from her sisters wedding - but people are talkiing about november.

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
where is the set now?

here is also a necklace i have not seen before
infanta cristina

2008usawb2.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 4:38:04 AM
where is the set now?

here is also a necklace i have not seen before
infanta cristina
I haven''t got a clue where the pink sapphire parure is now.
I hope we''ll get to see it 19th of june. A very beautiful parure I''d say. I hope it''s still intact...

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 2:28:39 AM
you may already found this link

http://realeza.foros.ws/t28/tiaras/2868/

and this one

http://dinastias.forogeneral.es/forum/famosas-tiaras-nordicas-t330-12.html

Yes, I''ve already visited these sites numerous times. There''s nothing said about the parure. There are mainly photos (some rare and not seen by me before) of this parure and other magnificent jewels. Thanks anyway!

Like Robin I hope we''ll see these (and many more) jewels on 19th June.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 3:27:55 AM
Author: robinj
I found it in the book ''Drottning Silvias festklänningar och de kungliga smyckena'' (Queen Silvias gala robes and the royal jewelleries, Cay Bond & Göran Alm 2006) where there''s a color picture of Sofia wearing the tiara. (Well - to be honest they are reffered to as white sapphires, but since they are undeniably pink on the picture, I took the liberty of writing that.)

Thanks for the raply, Robin. I see this is a book in Swedish. Why was the parure mentioned? In case you know - did Countess Estelle attend (royal) galas often?

Bobby

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 11:23:36 AM

Date: 4/8/2010 3:27:55 AM
I found it in the book ''Drottning Silvias festklänningar och de kungliga smyckena'' (Queen Silvias gala robes and the royal jewelleries, Cay Bond & Göran Alm 2006) where there''s a color picture of Sofia wearing the tiara. (Well - to be honest they are reffered to as white sapphires, but since they are undeniably pink on the picture, I took the liberty of writing that.)

Thanks for the raply, Robin. I see this is a book in Swedish. Why was the parure mentioned? In case you know - did Countess Estelle attend (royal) galas often?

Bobby
The parure was mentioned because it was appearently the first time Queen Sofia was portraited wearing a tiara.
Other jewels mentioned that are no longer in sweden were the rubies and poire pearls in denmark and the norweigain emeralds.

The book (that I got a month ago) answered another question that we asked ourselfs quite a while ago;
Why did Victoria of Baden wear the Leuchtenberg Sapphires already as a Crown Princess, when it since then has been trademark parure for the First Lady;

Appearently King Oscar and Queen Sofia gave the Sapphires to Victoria and she was the one who donated them to the Bernadotte foundation.

I must admit that countess Estelle is a new name for me, so I know next to nothing about her and her wherabouts.

robinj

Shiny_Rock
It seems you can''t even trust what''s in print!
I just found this little thing-gy.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f191/king-oscar-i-1799-1859-and-queen-josefina-of-sweden-14716.html

and to make it easier I do a copy/paste

"regarding the tiara with the white sapphires, Göran Alm made a mistake in his book about the Bernadotte jewels.
The tiara and its matching whole parure (earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet) are not set with white sapphires but with pink tourmalines and diamonds. As late as the 1980s, Count Folke Bernadotte''s then-wife Christina was still wearing the whole set of jewels for one of the annual representation dinners at Stockholm Palace. So the parure could still be with this branch of the family."

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I just read that Prince William will propose to Kate Middleton in June! Wonder what the ER will look like? At least she doesn''t have to go through the "test" like Diana did!

Also, I read that Camilla fell and broke her leg!

Lori

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 3:39:16 AM

Date: 4/8/2010 3:18:25 AM

Lori
HRH Crown princess Victoria will be married 19th of June, just like her parents.
When it comes to HRH princess Madeleine no date is yet released - probably not to take focus from her sisters wedding - but people are talkiing about november.
Thank you Robin! This will be exciting!

Lori

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen silvia

SILVIABUNTE2010.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/9/2010 2:54:01 AM
I just read that Prince William will propose to Kate Middleton in June! Wonder what the ER will look like? At least she doesn''t have to go through the ''test'' like Diana did!

Also, I read that Camilla fell and broke her leg!

Lori

I''ve to disappoint you, Lori, but it seems that Clarence House has denied that rumour - Clarence House scotches Prince William engagement rumour - Telegraph

For the sake of speculation, however, I hope the young Prince will continue the tradition and give Kate a ring with sapphire. Queen Mum''s ring comes to mind, but definitely not his mother''s.

We can''t be sure about the test! If Prince Philip is still alive (long may he live) there''s still that possibility ;-)

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2010 4:24:12 PM
It seems you can't even trust what's in print!

I just found this little thing-gy.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f191/king-oscar-i-1799-1859-and-queen-josefina-of-sweden-14716.html

and to make it easier I do a copy/paste

'regarding the tiara with the white sapphires, Göran Alm made a mistake in his book about the Bernadotte jewels.

The tiara and its matching whole parure (earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet) are not set with white sapphires but with pink tourmalines and diamonds. As late as the 1980s, Count Folke Bernadotte's then-wife Christina was still wearing the whole set of jewels for one of the annual representation dinners at Stockholm Palace. So the parure could still be with this branch of the family.'

What a gret find, Robin! Thanks a lot! Searching for such information in King Oscar I's thread would probably be my last choice. This Boris is a real tresure when it comes to royal jewels and I belive Josefine has quoted him a few times here.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I know some will disapprove of this post, but I can''t resist...

A very happy 5th wedding anniversary to TRH The Prince & The Princess of Wales:

74739506.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results