prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The Queen wore her own fringe tiara as necklace:

12291104.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 10:10:45 AM
Author: Josefine
the 13 row pearlnecklace she wears there are other like it in other royal families

do you got photos?

Do you only mean other 13 row peral dog collars or dog collars at all?

Here are a few examples:
Queen Mary

QM5516.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, daughter of Princess Benedikte. I believe this a SWB heirloom:

alexberpearlcoll.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And to finish - Queen Victoria wearing the collar that made me post all these images:

Bundesarchiv_Bild_Viktoria_von_Schweden.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
3/26/2010 12:56:07 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date:
3/26/2010 11:34:27 AM
Author: AGBF

This picture is out of order now, but another royal who attended the March 25, 2010 memorial service for Rosemary Parker Bowles, the second wife of Andrew Parker Bowles, was the Princess Royal (Princess Anne) who used to date him. Rosemary Parker Bowles died of breast cancer in January.

Nice photo, AGBF, but it from Rosemary Parker Bowles' funeral. The Princess Royal was on a visit to Tonga on 23rd, so maybe that prevented her from attending the memorial service yesterday.

Thanks, Bobby! The Princess' hat did look a bit warm for late March in England. I could have saved myself some embarassment if I had looked at Andrew Parker Bowles' ties! He wore different ones for the funeral and the memorial service, but I didn't notice that until you pointed out that I had misidentified a photograph! You have to be on your toes at all times with this crowd here in Royal Jewels! Good work as usual, Bobby!

Hugs,
Deb
34.gif

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
No troubles, AGBF! This things happen from time to time. You don't notice ties, I don't notice ribands. I just knew that the princess stood by her ex-love at the funeral and had engagements abroad the day before yesterday's service.
BTW, Andrew Parker Bowles' tie wasn't the only difference. Yesterday he wore morning dress, while at the funeral he wore a regular black suit.

Bobby

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/23/2010 4:45:03 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
A photo of TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall taken on 20th March. TRH are looking at the Czech Crown Jewels, kept in St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle:
What are those stones on the crown? They seem almost like costume jewelry (please don''t break my heart and tell me they are paste...)

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Don't worry, Lady Disdain - only real gems and pure gold. The Crown was created in the late 14th century and that would ecplain the odd looking gems and setting. A very beautiful piece of medieval jewellery, IMO

Here are links with a video and a interesting article about the Czech Crown Jewels:
You Tube - Czech Crown Jewels (1347)
Crown Jewels - Prague Castle

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
27h March 2010 The Rose Ball in Monaco - this year the theme, chosen by Pincess Caroline, was Morocco. The atmosphere was created by oriental roses, vases from Morocco and colours insprired by Henri Matisse.
Here's a photo of HSH Albert II, The Prince of Monaco, his girlfriend Charlene Wittstock, his sister HRH The Princess of Hanover,The Culture Minister of France Frederic Mitterrand (any connection to the President?) and HRH Princess Lalla Joumala of Morocco:

61020010x.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
27th March, Valencia - HM Queen Sofia attended the opening of the conference Mujeres por un Mundo Mejor:

Mujeres por un Mundo Mejor.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Queen Sofia made a trip to Cyprus on 10th March. For one of the occasions in Nicosia HM wore her mother''s ruby and diamond pendand on a single strand pearls:

C_4_maincontent_2957896_largeimage.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
100 years ago on 28th March a little Swedish princess was born and 35 years later she became Queen of Dnmark. On occasion of Her Majesty''s birthday a special book with a glittering cover was published:

DrIngridbookLundgren.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you bobby for the photos of pealrneckleces...

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
Queen alexandrin eof denmark

101252_001.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen margrethe of denmark

101255_001.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
queen ingrid of denmark

U862859ACME.jpg

alexander1917

Shiny_Rock
HM Queen Margrethe wearing the Danish pearls in 1972

1972.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I remeber reading that the necklace was a gift from the Aaga Khan to Queen Louise. Can anyone confirm?

Queen Louise of Denmark wearing the tiara and the original necklace:

louisa.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Eight years ago the world lost one of the most regal women in modern times, a whole institution actually, and a great wearer of jewellery - HM Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother:

78984237eb.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results