color
clarity

Royal Jewels

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2010 5:39:52 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav
And to open yet another can of worms, here''s a clear photo of Camilla wearing her insect brooch in Hungary as she visits the Jewish Cemetary in Budapest on March 18:
It reminds me of one of those gemstone holder things I use.
emcrook.gif

gem_holder_long_4_prong1.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 5:43:16 PM
And a link to photos of Crown Princess Mary of Denmark''s earrings at Billed-Bladet - Billed-Bladet - Marys flotteste frisurer

Bobby
I could look at photos of Mary all day. She is very refreshing and beautiful.
36.gif

Charles and Camilla carried on their relationship and it tormented Diana. I call it as I see it. Not to judge, but facts are facts.
38.gif

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 7:47:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
It reminds me of one of those gemstone holder things I use.
emcrook.gif

Haha, I knew the brooch reminded me of something else, other than Phasmatodea!

Not Camilla's best brooch (and not sth I'd choose), but a very special one for her, since it was a gift from her late father.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 10:01:32 PM
Author: loriken214
36.gif

Charles and Camilla carried on their relationship and it tormented Diana. I call it as I see it. Not to judge, but facts are facts.
38.gif

Lori

That's so true, Lori! I heve a really negative opinion on people having extramarital affairs. I can't forget (and I won't) and forgive Charles and Camilla (not that they care for my opinion) that they were lovers, while both were still married. Somehow, however, I found a way to overcome this and concentrate on The Duchess' current status and work as wife of the Heir.

This photo was taken on day three of TRH's visit to Poland:

97795874.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On 19 March TRH The Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark were in Budapest for the opening of the Budapest Spring Festival. In the evening they visited The National Opera, where the Danish Royal Ballet performed “La Sylphide”. The Crown Princess wore a pair of earrings with interchangeable pendants. I think here she wore it with the pink/purple pendants:

19431382.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby,
Just for you!! Sybill Penn''s pearl strand. I scanned it in from my book. One of the rare surviving strands of pearls from the 16th century, and given to Sybill Penn, nursemaid to Prince Edward, by Henry VIII.

Sorry it''s not the best scan, but these pearls are not perfectly round and all natural (not cultured). Very rare piece of history and pearls.

sybill_penn_pearls.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And while I was scanning that in, I decided to scan this fabulous bracelet that Queen Elizabeth I gave as a gift to her cousin (Anne Bolyen's nephew by her sister Mary Boleyn), Lord Hundson. It's one of the most amazing pieces I have ever seen survive from that period.

hudnson_bracelet_gift.JPG

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 5:00:07 PM

Date: 3/19/2010 10:01:32 PM
36.gif

38.gif

Lori

That's so true, Lori! I heve a really negative opinion on people having extramarital affairs. I can't forget (and I won't) and forgive Charles and Camilla (not that they care for my opinion) that they were lovers, while both were still married. Somehow, however, I found a way to overcome this and concentrate on The Duchess' current status and work as wife of the Heir.

This photo was taken on day three of TRH's visit to Poland:
hmm, I believe the other party was active outside the bounds of matrimony as well...

That necklace and bracelet were both absolutely stunning--just thinking of the history attached gives me shivers.....

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the scans, Tourmaline Lover! The pearl strand''s quite simple, but really important given its history and age. Is it just me (and the scan) or some of the pearls really have a purple/lavender overtone?
The bracelet is also interesting. Very Indian-like indeed.

Bobby

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 5:21:04 PM
On 19 March TRH The Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark were in Budapest for the opening of the Budapest Spring Festival. In the evening they visited The National Opera, where the Danish Royal Ballet performed “La Sylphide”. The Crown Princess wore a pair of earrings with interchangeable pendants. I think here she wore it with the pink/purple pendants:
Such a wonderful photo...thank you Bobby!

Lori

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2010 7:19:12 PM
Author: Amber St. Clare
hmm, I believe the other party was active outside the bounds of matrimony as well...

That necklace and bracelet were both absolutely stunning--just thinking of the history attached gives me shivers.....

Correct! The other party was active to, but only after she found out about Fred and Gladys and IIRC after her separation from The Prince of Wales.
Technicaly, Lady Diana''s relationship outside the bounds of matrimony was only because of her husband, The Prince of Wales'', actinos with the then Mrs Andrew Parker Bowles.

Bobby

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2010 7:04:23 AM

Correct! The other party was active to, but only after she found out about Fred and Gladys and IIRC after her separation from The Prince of Wales.

Technicaly, Lady Diana''s relationship outside the bounds of matrimony was only because of her husband, The Prince of Wales'', actinos with the then Mrs Andrew Parker Bowles.

Bobby

Hear, hear!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock

Bobby
36.gif

My point exactly!

Lori

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
does anyone else have problem posting photos?

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
Hi All,

Found this pic of one of the the Duke of Devonshire''s family tiaras - the Intaglio one. If I am correct this is a 19th Century piece. For anyone with a love of carved stones, the Royal Collection website has many pictures of different intaglios, on the same section as rather unusual Indian Crown.

Enjoy,

Neil

DevIntagTia.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
I've been searching for a picture of this tiara alone but without succes for many time. Thanks for posting it, Neil.

To what you said I can add that this tiara is part of an intaglio parure, created at the time of Alexander II of Russia's coronation in 1855. The parure consists of 88 intalgos from the family's collection.

Here's a link with more information and photos of the complete parure - Devonshire Emerald

Bobby

neil31uk

Shiny_Rock
My Pleasure Bobby!

I don''t know much about it. Are the large oval red stone''s rubies or garnet''s? Are those seed pearls on top of the intaglios?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, don't know if there're any pearls in any of the jewels. I wish we knew more about this unique parure, too.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A very happy birthday to HRH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, who (believe it or not) turns 54 today!

Bobby

Luxembourg+royal+family+photos+zmeydvb3TIal.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2010 6:07:25 PM
A very happy birthday to HRH Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, who (believe it or not) turns 54 today!

Bobby
No way!!!
23.gif
54!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Is that the fountain of youth she''s posing in front of???

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 11:55:59 PM

Date: 3/22/2010 6:07:25 PM

Bobby
No way!!!
23.gif
54!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
The Grand Duchess looks extremely good, but I don''t think the fountain of youth had anything to do with it. I think she''s picked up some beauty-tips from her collegue, Queen Silvia.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 2:01:03 AM

Bobby
36.gif

My point exactly!

Lori
so it sounds like she gets a pass, but he doesn''t....

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Two wrongs do not make a right, so No neither one of them get a pass. But the point is valid the POW strayed first. I firmly believe that if Charles would have walked away from Camilla permanently and kept his wedding vows Diana would not have strayed either. Considering how much Diana loved Charles I do not believe that she was looking to stray, she wanted an intact marriage and more children. While I do not believe there is ever a justifiable reason for infidelity, and am in no way excusing her actions or choices, she was isolated and lonely and at that point separation/divorce was not attainable.

Now on to a different subject. Does anyone have any additional information on the Duke of Devonshire tiara? It is a beautiful and interesting piece, does anyone have pictures of the back of it? Is it all carved work and what is it set in? Thanks as always, this is a wonderful string.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
No, no one gets a pass.
Just wondering - Diana, Princess of Wales is regarded as a saint and everybody fells sorry for her, because her husband cheated on her with a very much disliked woman who was not considered good enough to become Princess of Wales long before the world ever heard of Lady Diana Spencer. What do you guys think of poor Queen Alexandra, whose husband was also active outside the bounds of matrimony (I really like that expression) with, among others - Alice Keppel,one of Camilla''s ancestors? And for Queen Ena? And Queen Eleonora of Bulgaria, whose husband was bisexual? Even Elizabeth II is suposed not to have been faithful to her Greek prince, but that''s a nonsense, indeed...

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
A photo of TRH The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall taken on 20th March. TRH are looking at the Czech Crown Jewels, kept in St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle:

2068312.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Camilla, The Duchess of Cornwall smiles as she visits a library at the English College in Prague on March 23. I believe we haven''t seen this brooch on her before:

97963773.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
On March 20th The Prince and The Duchess attended a banquet at Prague Castle. Camilla wore an amethyst necklace with Keppel connection, earrings with large amethysts and a PoW-like brooch (Diana also had one like that): Photo

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 5:07:27 AM
Author: Josefine
does anyone else have problem posting photos?

I have this problem from time to time. There was an allert on the site, but now it's been replaced. See my previous post - I couldn't post the photo, so I had to add a link to it.

PS: Is there something new about Victoria and Daniel's wedding, you'd like to share with us?

ETA - I just noticed that this is my 1000th post! Congratulations, Bobby!

Rgards,
Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Unexpectedly, yesterday (22 March) TM The King and The Queen of Sweden had an informal visit in Pernambuco region, Brazilia. TM visited the industrial harbor of Suape and the IT park Porto Digital in Recife.
The official start of the Swedish State Visit to Brazil is today and will end on 26t March.
Queen Silvia wore a twisted peal necklace, white metal (?) earrings and and anchor brooch (wise!):

11211250780005073800000.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2010 11:55:59 PM
No way!!!
23.gif
54!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Not the fountain of youth, but rather a few beauty tips from Queen Silvia (as Robin said) and a lot of Photoshop.

BTW, I think The Queen''s fountain is in Brazil.

Bobby

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results