carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Princess Grace of Monaco Tiara
16.gif

So far I''ve never saw her tiara posted here, this is a shot (like life perspective) as in show me the ring thread, next shot of the same tiara of Van Cleef & Arpels is a bit closer

large_GRACE3A.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
31.gif

080330_p16_jewelrymain.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Would you wear this?

Okay I know I know! Is not an royal tiara but...

On March 23rd, online jewelry retailer Bidz.com will auction off a gold and diamond tiara designed by the late Gianni Versace to benefit the Aid for AIDS charity. The one-of-a-kind tiara, which contains over 1,200 diamonds and is worth an estimated $3 million, has been worn by celebrities including Madonna, Amber Valletta and Donatella Versace. The opening bid for the precious piece is $699,000. The Versace Tiara won the famous De Beers Diamonds International Award in 1995 due to the meticulous detail and craftsmanship Gianni Versace put into creating the piece.

The tiara, the star of Versace''s famous Atelier Collection, has previously been held only by private collectors. This is the first time in the history of the piece that it is being made available to the public for purchase. A substantial amount of the funds raised from the online auction will go to Aid for AIDS, a non-profit premier service provider for Los Angeles County whose mission is to provide direct financial assistance and critical support for the necessities of life to those impoverished and disabled by HIV/AIDS.

more infos about awards of this piece http://www.versacetiara.com/

versacetiara.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2009 8:21:06 AM
Author: robinj
A while back there was a discussion about the Russian Tsarist Jewels. I found this quite beautiful picture of the last Tsaritsa, Alexandra, nee Alix of Hesse, covered in diamonds and pearls.

I especially like the choker.

Thanks you, Robin! It's great when we're able to see such glittering historical pictures in colour.

To Russian1 - The buttons aren't diamond only - they have a pearl in the center.
When we were discussing the Russian Imperaial jewels a while back, you promised us pictures. You still haven't posted them. I hope you'll satisfy us in the near future.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2009 12:06:40 AM
Author: fogdancer
16.gif

So far I've never saw her tiara posted here, this is a shot (like life perspective) as in show me the ring thread, next shot of the same tiara of Van Cleef & Arpels is a bit closer

Very nice pictures of this Monegasque tiara, fogdancer. Recently I read that it was just a loan to The Princess from VC&A. Do you know if that's true? It also looks that it can be converted to a beautiful necklace, right?

The Versace tiara, on the other hand, is just hideous! I doubt there's anyone who'd wear it (maybe just for an advertisement). It's just my humble opinion, of course.
Ohh if only today's jewellers were able to create the splendit jewels from the start of the 20th century...

Bobby

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Russia Imperial Family

Czar photo holder by Fabergé

Thanks for looking

czarfab.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Animal companions for a Princess

A dog, a chicken and several birds... Princess Grace embraced the poetry of Cartier’s animals: a poodle paved with 270 diamonds set in platinum, worn as a brooch on the famous Mondrian dress by Yves Saint Laurent, or a touchingly delicate chicken, with a blister pearl for its body and three cultured pearls for its eggs.

RTEmagicC_Cartier-Kelly-Tokyo-Poule_02_jpg.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
9.gif

The Versace Tiara made me laugh! I regard it as more of a curiosity than a piece of jewellery. How does it look on? It seems like the logo goes down in the forehead?

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 9:59:01 AM
9.gif

The Versace Tiara made me laugh! I regard it as more of a curiosity than a piece of jewellery. How does it look on? It seems like the logo goes down in the forehead?

Here is a picture of Madonna wearing the Versace Tiara:

09_03_08_02_l_thumb[2].jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
BTW, you''re right about the logo going down in the (fore)head. It''s strange to see such tiara after seing the glamorous "Grany''s tiara", Elizbath of Belgium''s Catier tiara, Queen Maria of Ygoslavia''s emeralds or Sophia of Prussia/Greece''s diamond ones and many others.

Onother picture of the Versace creation on Alison Arngrim''s head:

tn-500_21aa.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/1/2009 3:53:09 PM
Author: prince.of.preslav

Date: 11/1/2009 9:59:01 AM
9.gif

Here is a picture of Madonna wearing the Versace Tiara:
I''ve seen this picture of Mads and I love it, but I''ve always thought she wore a toy-tiara.
1.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Let''s get back to the royalties, shall we?

The Princess Birgitta Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (nee Sweden) at her religious wedding cermony in Germany, wearing the Hohenzollern wedding crown.
Does anyone have any info on this?

1BirgittaJohan196112small.JPG

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
She wore two tiaras at her wedding this one that Princess Madeleine is looking for her wedding

More infos on the next post/image

Birgita.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Hohenzollern (Birgitta Ingeborg Alice) (born January 19, 1937), was born at Haga Palace in Sweden. She is the second child of Prince Gustaf Adolf and Princess Sibylla of Sachsen-Coburg-Gotha, and granddaughter of King Gustav VI Adolf. Her brother is The King of Sweden. Her sisters are Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler, Princess Désirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, and Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson. She is the only one of the sisters to marry equally and retain the style of Royal Highness

On a visit in 1959 to friends and relatives in Germany, she met her future husband at a cocktail party. On 15 December 1960, Princess Birgitta''s engagement to Prince Johann Georg Carl Leopold Eitel-Friedrich Meinrad Maria Hubertus Michael of Hohenzollern was announced. The wedding was performed in both a civil and a religious ceremony. The civil ceremony took place at the Royal Palace of Stockholm on 25 May 1961, and the religious in the Sankt Johann Church at the bridegroom''s family palace Sigmaringen on July 31 1961.

The couple lived together in Munich, but separated due to their different interests in life in 1990 (although they are still married). Princess Birgitta lives on the island Majorca in Spain since that time, while Prince "Hansi" (his nickname) still lives in Munich and is the director of a museum.

Princess Birgitta of Sweden & Prince Johan of HohenzollernCivil ceremony May 26, 1961, Royal Palace of StockholmReligious ceremony May 30, 1961, Sankt Johann Church, Sigmaringen PalaceThe Dress: Märthaskolan designed the gown for both the civil and religious ceremonies, which was an invory white silk duchesse gown with a tulle veil. The Diademe: Emperess Josephine''s Cameo tiara was worn at the civil ceremony, while a diamond Hohenzollern crown was worn to the religious ceremony.Honeymoon: The French Riviera and Prince Bertil’s villa in Sainte Maxime.Memorable Detail: Panic broke loose when it was realized that Princess Birgitta''s petticoat had been forgotten back in Stockholm as she was preparing for the ceremony in Frankfurth. Luckily the petticoat was messengered to the princess in the nick of time.

Hohenzollern Crown​

A practice grew up for the crown jewels to be worn at the weddings of members of the royal house.

In 1793 the Crown Prince married Luise of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, and it is recorded that her bridal crown (see picture above) was set with 47 large and 5 small brilliants, 6 drop pearls set with little brilliants and 20 round pearls which were taken from the treasury (the pearls are later removed).

In addition she also has from the crown jewels for the occassion a pair of ear-rings set with 8 large, 10 medium and 35 small brilliants, a necklace of 65 rose-cut diamonds ,, a breast ornament of 107 large and small rose-cut diamonds, a pairs of bracelets and an ornament for her arm in which there were 62 and 48 medium rose-cut diamonds, a breast ornament of 107 large and small rose-cut diamonds, a pair of bracelets and an ornament for her arm in which there were 62 and 48 medium rose-cut diamonds respictivey.

The same jewels were worn two days later by her sister at her wedding with Prince Louis, and on 13th Febrauary 1797 by Princess Augusta of Prussia at her wedding with the Heir Presumptive, later the Elector William II of Hesse-Cassel.
At the wedding of the daughter of Frederick William III. the use of the bridal jewellery became even greater, because after the death of Queen Louise there was no reigning queen and so it fell to the bride of the day to display the riches of the house in jewellery.

Queen Louise often had worn the Little Sancy in the setting used by Queen Elizabeth Christine, but its use at a wedding is first mentioned at that of Princess Alexandrine in 1822, when it was set as a pendant of a necklace of 22 or more rose diamonds and was subsequently repeatedly used as a bridal decoration.
It was later set in a similar necklace of brilliants and handed down in this form(picture).
The princesses were allowed to use the jewellery for balls and festival occasions, if they had the King`s written permission.
When Queen Louise went to Prussia for the oath of Allegiance cermony in 1798 she took a number of brilliants and pearls with her which she kept for future ceremonial and court occasions. there were strict regulations as to how these jewels were to be kept at the various royal residences and on journeys.
When the country was over-run by Napoleon the crown jewels and insignia accompanied the flight of the court to East prussia in 1806.
Frederick William III was prepared to make any sacrifices for the country`s dire needs, and placed at the disposal of the state a large part of the crown treasury which contained valuable material and was therefore easily.

Thanks for looking....gosh was hard to find a good pic of her...

P.S.: is just me or the King of Sweden is 100% of the time so serious I''ve never seen him with a smile
29.gif
...his wife Queen Silvia is half brazilian and half german they met at the Olympic Games...(same as Crown Princess Mary and Frederik of Denmark)

resized_HER.jpg

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
The lily-of-the-valley
30.gif
diamond tiara was made by Boucheron for Princess Augusta Victoria of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen (1890 -1966). She was the wife of King Manuel II of Portugal who had lost his throne before they married and lived in exile in England. She was the wife of King Manuel II of Portugal who had lost his throne before they married and lived in exile in England.
The Queen of Portugal is wearing the Boucheron diamond tiara together with some string of pearls, pearl ring and pearl pendants, bracelets and her spectacular collier de chien , known from her famous Lazlo portrait. Boucheron was a keen observer of nature and specialized in botanical jewellery; he brought something greater than realism to the translation of living plants into jewels. Together with the quality of setting in the diamonds and the originality of the design, his work is easily recognizable to the expert eye.

Lily_of_the_Valley_Tiara.JPG

fogdancer

Shiny_Rock
I just love the Tiara....
11.gif

Queen_of_Portugal.JPG

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Another Orleans Braganca tiara.
It has been a wedding gift to Princess D. Maria Amelia of Portugal. There was a matching necklace also. The tiara is now the property of HRH The Duke of Braganca. Here it is worn by his wife Dona Isabel on her wedding day in 1995:

pdv85vp.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2009 6:24:15 PM
Camilla wore a beautiful purple outfit and a pair of flower brooches:

Is Camilla''s dress put together with staples? This look terrible.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
11/3/2009 7:26:10 PM
Author: Imdanny

Is Camilla's dress put together with staples? This look terrible.

I always read your postings, Danny. I had to go looking for the picture of Camilla to which you were referring! Of course it turned out that I had already seen it and just not noticed that the buttons looked like staples (you are much more observant than I am). I had to comment on your having sent me scurrying back through the thread, though! You add a lot of joie de vivre to Pricescope!

Hugs,
AGBF
34.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 7:26:10 PM

Is Camilla''s dress put together with staples? This look terrible.
Now I can''t get the image of Camilla stapling her dress out of my mind!!
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 8:07:49 AM
Author: AGBF
You add a lot of joie de vivre to Pricescope!

Thank you. I enjoy your posts very much too!

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
speaking of camilla i was looking for the ruby necklace she wore during her last tour of washington dc. was it previously posted and i just cant find it? thanks.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/3/2009 7:26:10 PM

Is Camilla's dress put together with staples? This look terrible.

Hi Danny,

Do you really think Camilla's dress looks terrible? I think it's a nice one (beautiful is much stronger, I know) and it suits her well. I know it looks a bit strange that it's put together with staples, but terrible I think it's not.
Also - would you still find it terrible if she wore simple buttons instead of those staples?

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Author: laurensmama
speaking of camilla i was looking for the ruby necklace she wore during her last tour of washington dc. was it previously posted and i just cant find it? thanks.[/quote]

Hi, Laurens!

I''ve posted a couple of pictures when we were discuding Camilla''s jewels, but I don''t remember the number of the page.

Here is a picture of The Ruby Breastplate, that hasn''t been posted before:

camillarubyë2.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
The picture didn't upload, sorry!

BTW, TRH are on a long visit to Canada and Camilla's wearing some nice jewels there. Anyone interested?

Picture:

camillarubjb2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi Bobby,

Yes, I really do, but I think small buttons would be fine. Thank you for posting the picture.

I hope I didn''t come across as not enjoying the picture. I enjoy everything you post.
35.gif

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
Yes I would love to see the jewels camilla is wearing. even though she is not my favorite royal, i am curious about the pieces,the history behind them or if they are new pieces added to the collection.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 12:33:35 AM
Hi Bobby,

Yes, I really do, but I think small buttons would be fine. Thank you for posting the picture.

I hope I didn't come across as not enjoying the picture. I enjoy everything you post.
35.gif

Hi Danny,

It's nice to hear that you enjoy my posts. I also enjoy yours, but in recent times you haven't posted much here.
One last think I'd like to say about the purple dress - At first I didn't even notice the strange buttons/staples. In fact I saw them just after your remark.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/7/2009 4:46:10 PM
Author: laurensmama
Yes I would love to see the jewels camilla is wearing. even though she is not my favorite royal, i am curious about the pieces,the history behind them or if they are new pieces added to the collection.

Here you go:

Day one - Queen Elizabeth(Later Queen EII)''s Maple Leaf Brooch. It was given to QEQM in 1939 during a visit to Canada. Her daughter, Princess Elizabeth, has worn it during her 1951 tour of Canada.

From The Royal Collection - Queen & Commonwealth >Gifts > Maple leaf brooch

61ygi0x.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results