Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
one more of ranghild

Scaleranghild100.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 12:00:18 PM
Author: Josefine
does anyone have a close up on alexandras necklace?

This necklace was a gift from Prince Joachim. It has interchangable pendants - a pear-shaped amethyst and a large SS Pearl. There are also earrings to mach with the pendants.
Here is a photo of The Countess of Frederiksborg and her second husband Martin Jørgensen:

am0303_5.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
here is a starnge quastian (have in mind i lost my contacts and will not get new until next week ;-))

is it a necklace lilian wears here?

tr2325.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of necklace is this?

TR6144.jpg

Josefine

Brilliant_Rock
we got sibylla in front who are the other two ladies with tiaras

215487.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:19:51 PM
Looks like opal to me.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 4:19:51 PM

Thnks for the picture, Josefine!
My first choise would be tourmaline, but after a secong glimpse it started looking like an opal.
The two majour reasons are - 1) I can see at least two shades of greene/blue, 2)Most opals pendants that I've seen have an irregular shape, whereas tourmalins are usually faceted.

Bobby

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
It look like The Duchess of Alba has the same tiara as...

Cayatena Duquesa de Alba.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
...the beloved Queen Fabiola of Belgum.

My question is - How did The Duchess came to own a twin tiara of Queen Fabiola's? I know that Queen Fabiola got hers as a wedding present from Gen. Franco in 1960. It can be worn in two ways - as a coronet (pictured) and a smaller flower tiara. Rubies, emeralds and aquamarines can be set in the center of the each leaf.
Obviously the two tiaras are from the same jeweler, but didn't the Francos know that there was at least one such tiara already? Or the jeweler, he would have known who the tiara was intended for. Or just The Duchess liked it so much that she asked for a replica?

Bobby

fj12.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Her is the second version - a smaller tiara with ruby centers:

fji11.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:59:45 AM
caroline
How wonderful to see that someone still dares to wear a large fringe tiara as a necklace!
18.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 3:52:31 PM
I love the way HRH the Princess Sibylla is wearing the the pink topaz brooch; a little bit tilted to make up for its "mutilation" when the earrings where made.

Here is HM Q Silvia wearing the same brooch in her cleavage on a states visit to denmark, together with HRH the Crown Prince Frederik.

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 5:05:57 AM
Author: robinj

I love the way HRH the Princess Sibylla is wearing the the pink topaz brooch; a little bit tilted to make up for its 'mutilation' when the earrings where made.

Here is HM Q Silvia wearing the same brooch in her cleavage on a states visit to denmark, together with HRH the Crown Prince Frederik.

Robin, I belive you wonted to post a picture from the Swedish state visit to Denmark but for some reaso you didn't, right?

Here is a picture from the same occasion as in Josefine's post. What oreder is Princess Sibylla weaing? Is it the Order of the Polar Star or a foreign order?

P.S. Josefine, I don't know who the ladies are. Maybe it's better to ask this question on the Glittering Royal Events or The Scandinavian Massage Boards.

Bobby

2056651.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 4:49:29 AM
Date: 10/21/2009 11:59:45 AM

caroline

How wonderful to see that someone still dares to wear a large fringe tiara as a necklace!

18.gif

Yes, it is really nice to see the fringe tiaras as necklaces again!

Princess Caroline, however, isn''t the only one to do so. Here is HRH Princess of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, Benedikte of Denmark, wearing the huge Berleburg fringe around her neck and a pair of diamond earrings that belonged to her mother.

benfringenecklace.jpg

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
And Queen Elizabeth II wearing The City of London Fringe Necklace and Queen Alexandra''s kokoshnik, which I think also is convertable.
The late Queen Mother also wore the fringe tiara that Queen Mary gave har as a necklace.

qeIIkokoshnikV.jpg

laurensmama

Shiny_Rock
what pieces does the duchess of york have? i know here tiara was bought by the queen and is not a family piece. did diana''s personal jewelry collection go to her sons? i am assuming the family pieces (lovers knot, etc) were returned to the crown. such a shame will be forever before any of that is seen again.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
10/25/2009 7:32:07 PM
Author: laurensmama

what pieces does the duchess of york have? i know here tiara was bought by the queen and is not a family piece.
The only pieces which Sarah, Duchess of York has that came from anyone in the Royal Family during her engagement and marriage (with the possible exception of a necklace from Prince Andrew) were that tiara, which was a gift from the Queen; her ruby engagement ring from Prince Andrew; and a diamond parure consisting of earrings, a bracelet, and a necklace which was also a gift from the Queen. She did, in addition, receive some gifts from others during her short time as a member of the Royal Family. She received some ruby and diamond jewelry that was apparently set in high karat gold as a wedding gift from the Saudi Royal Family, for example.

AGBF
34.gif

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/25/2009 9:38:06 AM
Author: prince.of.preslav

I love the way HRH the Princess Sibylla is wearing the the pink topaz brooch; a little bit tilted to make up for its ''mutilation'' when the earrings where made.

Robin, I belive you wonted to post a picture from the Swedish state visit to Denmark but for some reaso you didn''t, right?

Here is a picture from the same occasion as in Josefine''s post. What oreder is Princess Sibylla weaing? Is it the Order of the Polar Star or a foreign order?

P.S. Josefine, I don''t know who the ladies are. Maybe it''s better to ask this question on the Glittering Royal Events or The Scandinavian Massage Boards.

Bobby
Yes, I''m sorry about that. I was in rather a hurry and didn''t notice that the picture didn''t attach.
I think I might have posted it before, but here it is; Silvia in the Pink Topaz Suite.

6083327polfotobj9e$1a.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock

I love the way HRH the Princess Sibylla is wearing the the pink topaz brooch; a little bit tilted to make up for its 'mutilation' when the earrings where made.

Robin, I belive you wonted to post a picture from the Swedish state visit to Denmark but for some reaso you didn't, right?

Here is a picture from the same occasion as in Josefine's post. What oreder is Princess Sibylla weaing? Is it the Order of the Polar Star or a foreign order?

P.S. Josefine, I don't know who the ladies are. Maybe it's better to ask this question on the Glittering Royal Events or The Scandinavian Massage Boards.

Bobby
BTW; I'm out of my depths here, but about the order i don't think that it is the Order or the Polar Star, since it had a black ribbon before 1975.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Polar_Star

Could it be the order of the Netherlands Lion?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_Netherlands_Lion

prince.of.preslav

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the picture, Robin.
This is a nice picture of the pink topz set. Strange that HM didn't wear the earrings, nor they were "returned" to the brooch.
The pictures from this state visit that I have seen show The Queen wearing the emerald necklace and the 9 prong tiara and CP Victoria with the amethyst parure. Apparently one of these pictures is from the return banquet. Would you please post others from this littering occasion(s) (if you have, of course)?

About the orders - Thanks for the remark about the ribbons. I didn't take the change of colours into account and only tought about the new, blue and yellow one. I would be easier if we could see the star or the badge of the order Princess Sibylla's wearing. Here we can clearly see that Princess
Benedikte is wearing The Polar Star:

Bobby

663487a.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I''m afraid I only have one picture from the return dinner on the Sweden to Denmark state visit;
Crown Princess Victoria in the Amnethyst tiara and earrings.

5632442.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
Also found this picture from the Danish banquet;

I funny thing i noticed;
The Order of the Seraphime blue ribbon is so much alike the Order of the Elephant ribbon, but worn on different sholders, but on this picture, it looks like they are wearing the same order, but couldn''t decide what shoulder to put it on.

danish%20and%20swedish%20royals.jpg

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I could also add that this was the first time Queen Silvia wore the Braganza/Braganca tiara outside Sweden.

swedentodenmarkstatesvisitmay2007queensilvia.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2009 8:24:35 AM

I love the way HRH the Princess Sibylla is wearing the the pink topaz brooch; a little bit tilted to make up for its ''mutilation'' when the earrings where made.

Robin, I belive you wonted to post a picture from the Swedish state visit to Denmark but for some reaso you didn''t, right?

Here is a picture from the same occasion as in Josefine''s post. What oreder is Princess Sibylla weaing? Is it the Order of the Polar Star or a foreign order?

P.S. Josefine, I don''t know who the ladies are. Maybe it''s better to ask this question on the Glittering Royal Events or The Scandinavian Massage Boards.

Bobby
Yes, I''m sorry about that. I was in rather a hurry and didn''t notice that the picture didn''t attach.
I think I might have posted it before, but here it is; Silvia in the Pink Topaz Suite.
Wonder how heavy that tiara/crown is on her head????
23.gif

Lori

robinj

Shiny_Rock
I''m not sure about the occasion, but I can''t help but loving this picture of the Crown Princess Victoria kneeling in front of Queen Margrete!
Does anyone knows about Queen Margretes necklace and earrings?

victoriadesueciaamargar1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results