shape
carat
color
clarity

Remember Me? - AG''s Mom''s OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful!! Great craftsmanship, really like the thin double prongs. What kind of metal is it reset into? It looks amazing!! Congrats to you and your mother.
1.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! AG, your mom is going to be just thrilled!! Its just beautiful- awesome job by WF with the re-set!!!
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Feb2003bride - I actually had a whole thread on my most recent re-set (I got it back in December), but when I went back and checked it you can''t see any of the pictures anymore. I''ve put one picture in this post, and I''ll try to start a new thread with pictures of it soon along with pictures of my earrings, which I adore more than words can say
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

snlee - thanks. I have to check some insurance stuff, but there is a possibility the ring may be able to join us on Saturday. Of course, I''m a little worried my poor wedding set might have an inferiority complex by comparison
3.gif
7.gif
2.gif

Thanks gothgrrl - that''s how I felt when I saw the pics from WF. It really is a breathtaking piece.

surfgirl - that first setting is what we privately refer to as the "starship enterprise" model of ring craftmanship. The stone is pretty huge - its 2.48 cts, with about a 8.5mm diameter, which is pretty huge. I have kind of chunky hands which might be why it doesn''t look as big in the re-set pictures. Also, since my mom isn''t married she didn''t want the re-set to look to "engagement-ey" hence the slightly larger sides which I think creates more of a flowing look and de-emphasizes the center stone a bit while still enhancing it.

Thanks SuzyQZ - its a sacrifice to babysit, but I''m sure I''ll manage somehow
3.gif
20.gif
Seriously though, I''m really glad it came out so well - she''s been wanting to do this for quite a while.

Ellen - thank you
1.gif
And to you and surfgirl - I think that would be diamond blasphemy!! Setting that gorgeous, amazing stone with anything that would make it look incongruous?!! Anyone who would do that wouldn''t be worthy of that stone...
3.gif

Thanks Dee Jay - I really hope she will be thrilled. She''s in Spain, so its been a while getting a response to the pictures and stuff I sent, and so I''m kind of holding my breath. Of course, if she doesn''t like it, I''d be OK to, you know, take it off her hands...it would be a sacrifice for me, but I think I could do it...
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif

Thanks vintagebling for the kind words!! The ring in your avatar is gorgeous as well
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
The metal is platinum - mom thought about white gold but decided the platinum would be better as its more durable, etc...I think it was the right choice, although its a HEAVY ring.
6.gif

Dani - thank you so much. I really hope you''re right that she''ll be thrilled. Whiteflash really did do an amazing job with the setting - its so beautiful
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a lovely reset.

Those blue sapphires compliment the center stone
beautifully

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
AG, what a revamp! The new setting is gorgeous and really shows off that OEC. Well done!!!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WHOA, BABEEEE, that is MY idea of a REMODEL!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I cannot believe the difference! The stone was beautiful in the first ring, of course... but doesn''t it just stand up and take a BOW in the new ring?! YUM-O!!!

Fabulous, gorgeous ring! I love it. The sapphires are perfect, too. Oh your mom is gonna be SO HAPPY!!!

Great job, AG!!!
36.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful reset! I think the stone looks a lot whiter in the new setting. Maybe it''s the contrast with the blue...maybe it''s the lack of reflections from the large amount of yellow gold in the first setting. Also, I love that picture WF took...you can really tell it''s an OEC as opposed to a RB, with that nice little table and high crown!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, that is GORGEOUS! What a difference the updated setting makes!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks DiaDiva
9.gif

Lynn - that''s such a perfect way to put it - the stone takes a bow in this setting. Hehe - nice choice of words
1.gif

Thanks jstar - like I said, we don''t know exactly what color it is, something I-K. I can see some warmth when I hold it right up next to my G stone in my e-ring, in certain lights. But it isn''t really a bother, and in fact, I think it contributes to the overall character. You can''t really see it in those pictures that I took, but in person, the chunky facets are killer.

Thanks Diamond Dana - lets just hope my mom agrees with you about it being gorgeous
9.gif
2.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowzers AG!!! Beautiful beautiful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amber, your mom''s ring is gorgeous. I really like sapphires and they look great with her diamond.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...thanks Skippy and Marcy.

Skippy - it kind of reminds me of your e-ring with the triangular sides, in the proportions and stuff.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that is a fantastic transformation! Just beautiful!!!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHOA WHOA WHOA!!!! that ring is GORGEOUS! beautiful reset, your mom is going to flip when she puts it on (and you''re gonna cry!). i love the sapphire sides, i didn''t see the ones you liked of course, but the deep blue is an AMAZING compliment to that diamond. ENJOY, both of you!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
OH I love this look!!! I have my 1.10ct flanked between 2 pear sapphires... Your stone is AWESOME!!! What a beautiful ring
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
DS - thanks so much
1.gif
Isn''t the transformation just incredible? Its almost hard to believe its the same stone
3.gif

awww...rainydaze...your avatar is so cute and your words are so sweet
9.gif
I really hope she does flip (in a good way). I agree about the dark blue sapphires now that they are in the ring - as I said, I can see a bit of warmth next to my G and I think that sapphires help to whiten the stone a bit but not so much that it loses its lovely antique flavor.

Thanks Woo - yours sounds just gorgeous as well - I just think its such a lovely, classic look, really timeless.
36.gif
36.gif
Judging from your beautiful set in your post above this one, it seems like you have classic taste - I really think simplicity is so lovely and your set looks wonderful on your hand!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Amber it is unbelievable how amazing your mom''s ring turned out! Wow I am just blown away by the transformation!!!

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
I actually started sweating when I saw these pics – they are THAT beautiful!!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beyond perfect!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
This is such a beautiful ring! Your mom is going to be so pleased when she see''s it. Great job whiteflash. Tell your mom to enjoy
35.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is STUNNING !!!!!! Have you told your Mom how beautiful it looks? It is a classic.

I hope she enjoys and wears it with great pride.
36.gif
What great taste. The former style was all the rage at that time
(80''s) so she likes to keep current
1.gif

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely change! I think it makes the stone look whiter than it did in the old setting too!
36.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful reset! Looks great!

cheers--Sharon

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful ring, very elegant. a big difference from the original setting, you just gotta love the 80''s!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s absolutely gorgeous!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, it''s truly stunning! I love the sapphire side stones with it, too. I bet she''s going to freak out when she sees it! It really showcases the stone so well. It looks absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

I have to admit that I kind of love crazy 80''s settings, though...don''t tell anyone!
3.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Awesome, excellent, outstanding!! What an beautiful transformation. I really love your mom''s stone. WF did a stunning job on that setting. I particularly like the double prongs.

Your mom will just be thrilled. Could not be better.
36.gif
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks sundial - I was blown away too.

Treysar - I had exactly the same reaction. The picture WF sent literally did take my breath away.
36.gif

Thanks Tacori
9.gif

mara54 - thanks - I really hope she is blown away when she sees it!

crystalheart1 - I am keeping my fingers crossed for her reaction. I did e-mail her some pictures and just heard back and she said the pictures look "outstanding," so I guess that''s pretty good
10.gif
I''m hoping this re-set stays classic for a little bit longer than the last one
3.gif

gladyskristen - I agree that it makes the stone look whiter, which is a nice bonus as it does have a bit of warmth to it.

Thank you Sharon - I''m a big fan of your set as well - hoping to have some jewels even remotely in that leaugue someday!!

Thanks Po - it really is amazing how big of a difference it makes. I shudder when I think of some of the things I wore in the ''80''s (of course, I was in grade school, so I can always use that as my excuse
3.gif
20.gif
)

Kim - you''re so sweet
12.gif

thing2of2 - I won''t tell if you won''t
2.gif
Seriously though, if she liked it, I wouldn''t have been so keen on her changing it, but the setting was really uncomfortable for her to wear and so she never wore it and so that gorgeous piece just sat in a drawer...such a travesty!!

Thanks Beacon - I totally agree re: the double claw prongs. I always loved the look of them, but I think it needs a fairly substantially sized stone to carry them off, and this does the trick perfectly
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! It is just lovely! It is soooooo beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results