shape
carat
color
clarity

Remember Me? - AG''s Mom''s OEC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, so some of you may remember I posted some pictures a while back of my mom''s beatiful OEC, which was passed down to her from my grandmother. This ring was in a very strange, bulky, 1980''s-style yellow gold setting, shown below. Well, she finally took the plunge and decided to have it re-set into a custom three-stone ring from Whiteflash. The ring was finished and shipped yesterday and arrived this morning. I''m extra excited about this because mom is currently away and I got to pick it up and take some photos and try it on, and now I get to babysit it for a week or so
9.gif
So I''m sharing some pictures with my favorite PSers who I''m sure will appreciate this beautiful stone (in a setting that deserves it now)
36.gif
36.gif

momsringygsettingbefore.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And a first look at the new setting:

momsringtopdown66.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
A nice side shot:

momsringside33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
LOVE the profile on this thing
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

momsringside22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
FYI, the center stone is 2.48 ct, I-K color (not known exactly) and approximately VS2 clarity. The side stones are sapphires, I forget the total carat weight but can check if anyone''s interested.

momsringtopdown77.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
A handshot - of course, this is my hand and not my mom''s. She has much longer more elegant fingers than I do. Its also too big for me - its a size 7.5, and my ring finger right now is about a 5-5.5

momsringhandshot11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gotta love the finger coverage - I think this is pretty much my final dream size and style of e-ring...

momsringhandshot22.jpg

Efe

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, simply stunning.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I totally got a kick out of wearing this while eating my lunch at work today...I just can''t get over how gorgeous it is. Oh, and I should have said this before - Kudos to Bob and Vera and everyone else at Whiteflash, who were wonderful throughout the entire process of envisioning and creating this beautiful ring
9.gif

momsringhandshot33.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Just one more for now - this is the "official" shot from Whiteflash. They are clearly much more talented photographers than I am...

momsringWFshot11.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful reset AG. I think the new setting really lets the OEC shine!
30.gif
31.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
31.gif
30.gif

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!!!! thats a beautiful reset. heheeeheee...i like how you are wearing it around even though its too big.
9.gif
11.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Bizou and LIB. I completely agree LIB - its such a gorgeous stone (these pictures don''t even remotely do it justice) - all those amazing huge chunky facets of rainbows, etc...and it really just needed a simple setting to show how gorgeous it is
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
NYC - wouldn't you?
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif
Actually, it just so happens to fit my middle finger perfectly...
27.gif
11.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
SHUT. UP. !!!!! That ring is SO SO SO SO SO SO gorgeous! Man oh man...so stunning.

So WF sourced the sapph pears for you? I saw that they are sourcing colored stones now for certain projects. If so, what do you think of them in person? They look gorgeous flanking that OEC.

If I were you I''d be like, ''Mom, no need to hurry back. At all. Anytime soon.''

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a transformation AG!!!! It''s just stunning!!! The sapphires really make your Mom''s OEC pop!!! You''ll have to come back with hand shots of your Mom wearing it once she gets back.
30.gif
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, if I ever did a ring with colored sides, that would be VERY HIGH on my list. it''s just gorgeous, the blue sapphires are amazing and the ring as a whole is just perfect!!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Spectacular remodeling project!!! I just LOVE the new look! You''d better wear it all you can for now, cuz when your Mom sees it - she won''t take it off her hand!!! It''s gorgeous!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
I love it!
30.gif
Great choice on remounting with the sapphire side stones, they really showcase the OEC as the main event! LOL

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Awww...you guys are really sweet. The choice of design was my mom's but I admit I had a heavy say in the process, and that I'm looking forward to "borrowing" it over the years
31.gif
27.gif

FG - I know, I *almost* wish her vacation were longer, but then again, I feel like the longer I have it the harder it will be to part with...
40.gif
But it is SO AMAZING. The saph pears were sourced by WF, and I think they are very nice. They sent us pictures of a couple of pairs to choose from - I actually preferred a more slender set with lighter blue color, but these were a better size and mom preferred the really dark blue. I would say go for it if you want them to source something like that for you
1.gif

Lisa and MrsS - it really is just breathtaking. When I got the picture from WF yesterday it literally took my breath away
23.gif
Lisa, I'll see what I can talk my mom into - she's a bit self-conscious about her hands, although I think they are lovely.

Rockcandy - I agree, I am going to have enough trouble parting with it as it is!!

Posh - thanks so much, and I totally agree - this stone really needed a setting where it could be the star that it is
1.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
AG- Love it!!

Also, are you going to post update shots of your gorgeous set???
31.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Yay for having it for a week while your mom''s on vacation! PLEASE bring that ring on Saturday! I''ve love to see it in person!
30.gif

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I have no words. That ring is beyond beautiful. I just love the side sapphire pears. I just love the double prongs. The reset really is perfect.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely! That last setting was, uh, a little bit scary. Funny thing is, the first setting makes the stone look huge. I cant imagine why though. Do you know what size the center stone is? It looks lovely in that three-stone setting. I was thinking "oh no" when you said "three stone" because I was envisioning that lovely old cut flanked by two new RBs. I should have known better, right?!? Good job!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! The improvement is like night and day!

Lucky you that you can baby sit for a week.
3.gif

Lucky mom, she''ll be thrilled with a setting that does her diamond justice!
2.gif

Really, really fabulous reset!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is onnnnnne gorgeous ring!!

The difference of settings is like night and day. It looks at home now. Beautiful!!

Hope your mom likes it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/19/2007 6:59:45 PM
Author: surfgirl
Lovely! That last setting was, uh, a little bit scary. Funny thing is, the first setting makes the stone look huge. I cant imagine why though. Do you know what size the center stone is? It looks lovely in that three-stone setting. I was thinking ''oh no'' when you said ''three stone'' because I was envisioning that lovely old cut flanked by two new RBs. I should have known better, right?!? Good job!
I thought the EXACT same thing, again. This is getting scary.
9.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is on FABULOUS reset! Your mom is going to be thrilled!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results