shape
carat
color
clarity

Red

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

empress

Shiny_Rock
These are a pair of Burmese spinels but I don''t know from which area. They will either end up side stones to something or earrings.

Thanks for the compliments on the Namya - I have about 74 designs for rings for it, but haven''t decided what to do with it yet.

Everyone else''s stones are yummy - I just love red.

5x4matchedpainredspinelfluor.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 6:16:27 PM
Author: rosetta
Date: 2/25/2010 6:07:56 PM

Author: brandy_z28

Date: 2/25/2010 6:00:35 PM

ok then, here''s my new approx 1 ct heated but otherwise untreated ruby. lot less pink, and more red in person

it looks amazing in daylight.

no idea how to set it...

Ooooo, ahhhhh...is that Ruby from gemline?
36.gif
I''ve admired the photos of that one a few times myself.
2.gif
well spotted brandy, i bagsied it...
9.gif

Another admirer from the time that it was on Gemline!
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A pair of natural Burmese ruby pears from Mastercut Gems, probably heated. One look at these red beauties, and I had to have them.
1.gif

Rubies8471a.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
They are now pretty red earring drops and I love wearing these.

RubyEarrings8938a.JPG

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 6:14:24 PM
Author: brandy_z28

No pics yet?! Get on that girl!
31.gif
I wanna see!
2.gif

I have a very hard time wearing anything pure red, it looks hideous on my skin tone which already has a red cast. I can go with orangey reds and darker reds though, thank goodness.
I swear I''ll take pics when my other ones are here which means pictures of about 6 stones total. These days I have to schedule a shoot day. Plus, I took literally 1 picture of the JXR ammy I have, which will be included. I''ll probably just do a whole thread...lol

-A

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Gosh Chrono, your red jewels are stunning! Red gems are hard to obtain and you''re such a lucky lady (w/ lots of moolah!) to own those beautiful reds. I love the red burmese spinel trio
30.gif
*Yummy*
18.gif

Here''s an Oregon Sunstone.... Uhmm, not mine but just want to share the photo. It''s not a pure red though.

ss_oregon.jpg

sapphirecats

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for posting that site. Spinels are gorgeous!! I have a reddish/pink spinel in a ring, and it''s my favorite ring, I wear it alot. I was told the stone in my ring was bought in Burma in the 1950''s by someone who was in the US army or something like that. I like to know the history of things I buy from people, don''t you? I would like to get another big fat red spinel someday, and this webpage really wets my appetite!!!
30.gif
36.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2010 10:56:15 AM
Author: Chrono
My AJS red spinel. I think it is the angle of the camera causing the top half to show some shadowing, which is not apparent IRL.
Chrono, I don''t want to hear any more about how you can''t take good photos! This one of your spinel ring is clear and crisp with good lighting - nicely done! Oh, and the spinel is pretty sweet too!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2010 11:04:40 AM
Author: cellentani

Date: 2/25/2010 10:56:15 AM
My AJS red spinel. I think it is the angle of the camera causing the top half to show some shadowing, which is not apparent IRL.
Chrono, I don''t want to hear any more about how you can''t take good photos! This one of your spinel ring is clear and crisp with good lighting - nicely done! Oh, and the spinel is pretty sweet too!
I wanted to add, like jewelry, like photos. I think your photos are stunning and do not understand why anyone is even mentioning that you can not make good photos. You probably said it yourself, but look at the photos of your spinels. Maybe it is the quality of the stones - some stones are so good, probably even my photography could not spoil it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie and Blithe, thanks for such wonderful compliments on my spinels. Blithe, whose sunstone is that? I thought it's yours.
31.gif

Megeve, I remember that ruby cabochon ring. It's gorgeous!

Rosetta, I'll bet your ruby fluorescences. Look at that eye popping colour!

Empress, how large are the ovals? They certainly can be sidestones or earrings.

Flygirl, I love your ruby earring charms. One of these days, I'll have to get a ruby or two myself.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/26/2010 7:52:37 AM
Author: sapphirecats
Thanks for posting that site. Spinels are gorgeous!! I have a reddish/pink spinel in a ring, and it''s my favorite ring, I wear it alot. I was told the stone in my ring was bought in Burma in the 1950''s by someone who was in the US army or something like that. I like to know the history of things I buy from people, don''t you? I would like to get another big fat red spinel someday, and this webpage really wets my appetite!!!
30.gif
36.gif
You can''t talk about it without posting pictures.
38.gif
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crasru and Cellantani,
You are too kind. I think I just got lucky with that picture in keeping a steady hand and managing to capture a decent red colour. The stone actually has better saturation but I''m just glad I managed a respectable picture. It''s so difficult for me to take clear pictures while trying to make sure the colour stays true to the real stone.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
some fine stones there empress, fly girl, and blith even if it's not yours
8.gif
..i must say picture quality has definitely improved on here..see much better photos nowadays than 6 months ago

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 10:52:48 AM
These are my ACS Burmese spinel charms that Matata wants to rip off my ears.
9.gif
I’ve never seen them show any pink before so I don’t know why my camera shows some pink flash.
Oh me too!!! Just lovely. Do they have their own thread????

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 6:00:35 PM
ok then, here''s my new approx 1 ct heated but otherwise untreated ruby. lot less pink, and more red in person

it looks amazing in daylight.

no idea how to set it...
Very very cool looking! TFS
21.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/24/2010 9:59:00 PM
Author:empress
We''ve had orange - how about some reds?
Oh I do like the faceting on this one! TFS!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/25/2010 10:59:31 PM
Author: Fly Girl
They are now pretty red earring drops and I love wearing these.
Well I think we all know how I feel about these earring charms.
30.gif

Everyone''s REDs are just lovely. Thank you all for sharing!!

empress

Shiny_Rock
Oops - I need to learn how to size photos - sorry for blasting you with the spinels...

The pair are small - 5x4mm - but they are bright!!

Fly Girl - I was soo disappointed the rubies were sold - but so glad to hear a a PSer got them...they are yummy.

Don''t you think red gems just make things "hotter?" Sort of like chilis?

Keep posting more reds. Yum.

hey joe

Rough_Rock
ACS garnet

001 - Copy.JPG

delayedreaction

Shiny_Rock
Rhodolite Asscher: almost 11mm diagonal. (Guy hands make it look smaller than it is.)

rdery_rhodoliteAsscher01.jpg

gsellis

Shiny_Rock
Trade
OK, I want to play. This came out too dark even though the rough was lighter. The cut makes it darker. A red zircon. Origin unknown.

redzircon.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely reds everyone! It seems like there''s not that many reds here. I only have a few myself. Here is my daughter''s ruby and diamond pendant. I love this pendant, we bought it for her college graduation.

cmsdaughterruby.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s my ruby and diamond stacker ring. While small, the rubies just glow in this ring.

cmsrubystacker001.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here''s my ruby and pearl ring......

cmspearlring1.JPG

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a garnet ring I picked up at an antique store. It seems to be an orange /red mix.......

cmsgarnet02.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
This is my Richard Homer paprika spessartite

Koro_paprika_day_02_a.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2010 11:55:04 AM
Author: MAC-W
This is my Richard Homer paprika spessartite

SO...Who did you choose to set it? I remember we had so many conversations.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Mac, does that have its own thread? Cause it should!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Lovely reds, everyone. And, thanks for the nice comments on my ruby earring pears.

Here is a ruby pendant set in 14k yellow gold that I picked up a while ago from my local jewelers. No idea about what treatments this stone may have had. It just caught my eye. As you can see, it has that glow in the sun.

Sometimes a girl just has to wear a bit of red.
1.gif

RubyPendant9206Trio.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3.21 spinel from my wedding ring currently at BGD for a reset.

spinneyeastwest.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results