shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready?...dress-crazy-girl-is-back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm if i had to choose, #1 is more flattering i think. #2 is just too over the top in my opinion, too much going on in that train thing and with the side swoop thing, it''s just too visually over the top for me. you are beautiful and your figure is amazing and i think #1 showcases that with it''s simplicity. bow or no bow, not sure but i think #1 out of these 2 is my choice.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Not sure how that dress would look with a mantilla, but that is a good find oshin!

Bluekeet, I had seen that one too! (on the website though, they didn''t have it at the store). The stores I''m going to next weekend also have Pronovias, let''s see if that one is there! Thanks for the link!!!

Mara, thanks for the honesty!...I knew not everyone would love #2, it IS different. It''s funny because I went to some Spanish wedding forums and that dress is very popular there! hehe
2.gif

M~

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry hon no U... it was an E, I can't spell. The Embrujo is my favorite still. While I really like the second one a lot on you... it does wear you a bit. You wore the embrujo.

Still, you seem really excited about #2 and that is the MOST important thing by far. You have to love it, not anyone else.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 12:46:37 PM
Author: Gypsy
Sorry hon no U... it was an E, I can''t spell. The Embrujo is my favorite still. While I really like the second one a lot on you... it does wear you a bit. You wore the embrujo.

Still, you seem really excited about #2 and that is the MOST important thing by far. You have to love it, not anyone else.
Thanks!
9.gif

I thought you meant Embrujo!. I do love the dress, I guess I don''t love it on *me*.

I think Fancy is right though, if I''m still confused it may be I just haven''t found the one. I just don''t know that there is such a thing haha. I am amking a decision after next weekend though. My sister is here and we''re going shopping all day Saturday and back to this store on Friday.

M~

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Oh gosh, decisions decisions!!

I''m still in the Embrujo camp myself -- I just thought that one was so beautiful on you! Simple yet showed off your figure perfectly and had that Spanish flair you want.

BUT if you''re not feelin'' it, then you''re not feelin'' it, and that''s what''s most important!

As for the two newest dresses, I first thought I preferred #1 but looking at them again, I think #2 flatters you more. I do find it a bit busy -- I always prefer simple over busy with dresses -- but I think you can pull it off!! I definitely think you''d need a simple veil though with that dress.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I like the Embruja best, and agree with some of the other posters that dress #1 in this post emphasizes the hips more. Then I like peacocky dress #2 because it sure makes a statement - also it''s the most "Spanish" of the dresses.

Good luck, and let us know when you find the one!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
dress #1 is gorgeous on you and your figure. #2 is nice, but i feel its for a bigger meatier girl...lol...it kind of wears you instead of you looking like you are owning it as in dress #1. i love the spanish feel of both dresses and with the soft updo with flower, dress #1 will be a knockout.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 5:08:23 PM
Author:Mandarine
Ok, I know I must be driving all of you crazy! haha...I''m driving myself crazy!
no way!! the dresses are my favorite part of this forum (especially when there are lots and lots of them!!) and your figure is just *amazing* and looks good in everything - you can''t get too much of that! hehe
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the second one - the first one comes down off of your hips a little too straight and it looks good but the 2nd one looks amazing. It has more of an authentic spanish feel to it with the ruffles in the lace and the asymmetry of the bodice really makes your curves both accentuated AND balanced, if that makes sense. It is a bit more unique which of course is bonus points to me. The lace on the train of the first one is the only thing that stands out as being wonderful in the first, but I can''t find a detail in the second that *isn''t* wonderful.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 5:16:59 PM
Author: Mandarine
The first one is similar to the Demetrios, but I like this lace better, it''s more subtle, more romantic...
The second dress is just gorgeous, but it IS different!.

I know these are not everyone''s cup of tea, but they''re definitely both more me
9.gif

I picture myself with a soft hair-do, with a white flower or something on the side (to keep with the Spanish look).

Both of them are within budget, for the second, I can get the sample and get 20% off (I wonder if I can more more off?), the other one I would have to order.

So.....honest opnions? (I''m ready
5.gif
)

M~
then I even more vote for the asymmetrical dress #2. The first one is much more a white girl dress LOL Nothing wrong with it but definitely more conservative lines. #2 looks like it is just flowing over your body. #1 is beautiful, but more tailored and #2 is more sensual.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 5:23:27 PM

Date: 6/7/2007 5:19:30 PM
Author: oshinbreez
The 2nd one reminds me more of a ''spanish'' dress. Don''t know why, just does.

It is! It''s the one the owner of the store pulled out when I said ''very Spanish and romantic look'', the skirt is very ''Flamenco''!!!!

What shinythings said is what worries me, but I still love it!. I actually secretly love it a little tiny more than the first one, but it worries me to make that decision and then not have the guts and not pull it off...haha

M~
You have the body to pull it off. I don''t think a white girl could, I think it would look over the top. But on you my goodness, I will be disappointed if you don''t pick it - it''s just made for you! And yes, flamenco is exactly what I was thinking, you guys will have have a really hot hip waving first dance - hubba hubba!!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 5:38:36 PM

Date: 6/7/2007 5:32:10 PM
Author: princesss
Ok, the first dress is stunning, no doubt. But I looked at the second one and longed to go back to Barcelona. It''s gorgeous, fun, and genuinely makes me ache for Spain. So if you''re going for a Spanish look, I''d say #2 gets my vote.
That''s how I feel about that one!.....it is different so I know it won''t be everyone''s cup of tea. The question is will FI feel like he is aching to go back to Barcelona or will he feel like running from the church!? haha

A little background, we''re both Spanish. Both my parents (and their families) and from Spain (Pamplona and Zaragoza)...FI''s mom is from Madrid, hence the whole Sapnish thing...

Plus we''re having our reception at the Spanish Monastery www.spanishmonastery.com, serving Paella, tapas, Sangria and having a Spanish guitarist at the cocktail hour!

The first one is also Spanish-y, you can''t really tell from the pictures, but the lave is very ''vintage'' looking

M~
No, I could tell in the lace that the first one was as well, but it is the difference IMO between conservative and sensual. Those hips don''t lie and they''re screaming for #2 LOL!!! And after reading this post I''m even more convinced LOL I need to stop reading this thread cause I''ll be so bummed if you don''t wear that amazing gown LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 9:48:23 PM
surfgirl, the thing with Demtrios is that the lace is not nearly as nice as the number one here....it''s hard to tell in the pictures, but this lace is very delicate, more vintage looking....makes teh other lace (in Demetrios) look a little ''cheaper (no offense to anyone, I still think Demetrios is gorgeous!). The Embrujo is 1,000 more...and I ddidn''t feel it was so ''me'' as these two, so that''s why I''m leaning otwards this.....now to the peackoky subject, haha...I love that because it is one of the things I thought, that is the one things that worries me about this one!....I will show FI some similar dresses (Pronovias has tons with that kind of skirt) and just gage his reaction. Thank you for being honest!!!
36.gif

Hikerchick, thank you!!!!...I always think dresses look better on real people with real bodies than those super-skinny girls, but it shows the actual dress better (the details of them). Thank you for the compliments!

Bluekeet, but what if I get it and then regret it and not feel like I can pull it off!?...hehe. I hear ya though, it is not a dress for everyone!! but that is making me love it more! ''the bride who dared!'' hehe

M~
::::whew:::: I can tell you love #2 and it is the one you want hehehe.... and on that day it will lift you up and you will surpass the gown. I think the regret you''d feel over NOT getting the one you *really* want would far outweight the fear you have now that you might not be enough woman to carry off #2. Deep down you know you are ;-)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sara, you might have given me the push I needed!!!!!!!!!!!! lol
I was talking to my sister and she LOVED it as well! She lives in Spain and of coruse, she sees more of that there. Her words (translated) were "come on, take a risk, it is an amazing dress and you look hot!"...hehe.
Thank you for all the compliments!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

I feel that it was kind of made for me
2.gif
I felt wonderful in it...sexy, romantic, spanish-y...and nothing wrong with showing some hips, hello, it''s not like I could hide those things anyway! haha

Joy80, thanks for the links!!!! I haven''t tried those on yet, I am not crazy about #1, but #2 is pretty!. I''m trying more Pronovias next Saturday!

NYCsparkle, meatier? I''ve got some meat!!!
2.gif
..that was funny!

Litebrite, thank you!

Ellaila, I think it looks busier in pictures than in person. If you see it hanging in the hanger, you''ll see it''s pretty "light", the dress moves with me as I move. Definitely a simple veil, just for the ceremony...then take the veil off, and start dancing!!

So I kind of cheated and showed my FI the skirt of the second one (I just zoomed on the skirt)...and the skirt of the first one. He liked both, he thought #1 was a bit more conservative (he is very conservative) BUT he said I wouldn''t go wrong with either and I should wear the one I feel best in, that he knows he will like it
9.gif
....so he didn''t run away screaming "it''s a peacock!!!!!".....so that''s good!

Next weekend I''m hitting two more stores, possibly posting more pictures....or just making my FINAL decision, so stay tuned
9.gif

M~

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
I just love dress #1!!
30.gif
30.gif
Not a huge fan of the bow, that''s just me. Dress #2 is nice, but I just think there''s too much going on with it - again, that''s just me (my dress is fairly simple).

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
I love both on you, but I''m really curious what they will each look like bustled. I suspect dress 2 would pull it off better while maintaining the spanish feel. If anything, it might look MORE spanish with all that lace layered in a bustle. Did you try having somebody hold it up to give you an idea?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/11/2007 11:28:39 AM
Author: ladyciel
I love both on you, but I''m really curious what they will each look like bustled. I suspect dress 2 would pull it off better while maintaining the spanish feel. If anything, it might look MORE spanish with all that lace layered in a bustle. Did you try having somebody hold it up to give you an idea?
I was actually trying to figure that out yesterday! I never asked that while I was there ! I will ask when I go again though...would they bustle it under or over?? no idea...The good thing is that although it looks like a lot of skirt, the fabric is actually very thin...so it won''t look puffy or anything.

Blushingbride- Thanks for your vote!
2.gif

I can''t wait to go Staurday to the other stores and making a final decision!!!!

M~

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
gawd this is hard, but for what its worth - I''m voting #1. I love the delicate lace at the hemline. Gorgeous.

I know you''re after that spanish feel, which #2 does deliver, but *for me* it was a bit on the costume side rather than the delicate. feminine, romantice side.

Just my opinion...what''s important is that you love your dress and own it girl!
2.gif

Can''t wait to see how this pans out!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mandarine--Okay, this one is pretty different than the two you''ve chosen, and I STILL have a vote in for #2, HOWEVER: I was looking around just now and when I saw this dress I thought of you so I had to post it.

It is so elegant and refined, yet it has such pretty flair in the skirt, thought I''d share.

It is a Cymbeline Design (Paris) (cymeblineusa.com)

DRESSCymeblineParis.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
melalu, Thanks!!! I don''t feel it''s costumy though, it is different
2.gif

Haven, That is so pretty too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I''ve told myself that once I buy a gown I will stop looking at magazines, websites or even threads with dresses!!! haha...I love way too many styles and love playing dress-up at the stores! hehe. That one you posted looks right up my alley too, I wonder if they have that designer at the store I''m going to...I''d have to check!!! Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!

This Saturday is the big day again, I am hoping I will find a hybrid of #1 and #2
21.gif

M~

tallblondemonster

Rough_Rock
Hi Mandarine,

Both the dresses are gorgeous however i do like the first one best...i love the delicate lace of the train...it is so beautiful and sophisticated...and you have the perfect figure for it (for both actually LOL!)...i think both dresses are unique and i usually go for the over the top look but that first one is so memorable and it has that special something even though its subtle. You''ll look stunning in either :)

TBM.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you find just THE right dress in your last few shopping trips. You could always go out on a limb and try on something completely different just to see. (Although I do think the style you have gravitated towards looks lovely!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandarine, I don''t think I''ve responded to your thread yet, sorry!

I''m in love with #2 for you, seriously. The way the bust is shaped (I know it isn''t "properly" fitted yet) brings proportion to the rest of the silhouette, which #1 does not do. I LOVE the flamenco inspired detailing at the train/fishtail...it looks gorgeous on its own and especially with your coloring. #2 also makes you look a lot more busty, not that you need that, but it makes your tiny waist look even smaller. I don''t know...yes I do...I''m in love with number two!

This is one dress I can see there being no problem with transitioning between a ceremony and reception in a day and age where many brides choose two different dresses for each, or change a lot of accessories in between. I really love it.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Dear Mandarine, I''m late to your thread but am glad to see it in full swing!

My vote is for #2. Although there''s a lot going on with it, YOU are clearly wearing the dress and not the other way around.

Can''t wait to see what you find on Saturday!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
aww, you guys are all so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your comments!!!!!!!!

M~

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
You look so beautiful!!!

ZoeFL

Rough_Rock
Wow! You look fantastic in both gown!
36.gif
Gonna be a hard decision for sure!

Here's my views:

#1 dress looks more like a wedding than the #2 dress. I felt that #2 is a dress you wear to walk the red carpet to collect your Grammys
9.gif
But then again, it is your Big Day and #2 dress does look more splanishid(spanish + splendid)
9.gif

So I vote for #2!!!!
5.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you skippy!!!!!!!!
9.gif

Zoe, haha...red carpet to colect my Grammy could easily be "aisle to collect my man!" hahaha
2.gif
that was funny!

I *think* #2, although the most different of all, has gotten the more votes!!!!
36.gif
. I am hoping to make a decision this weekend, wish me luck!

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results