shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready?...dress-crazy-girl-is-back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
oh, forgot to mention, I wouldn''t get the little jacket the model is wearing...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Being honest...I think the first one, though lovely, accentuates the width of your hips vs. your bust, and the second was sort of does the same but it's also very busy and as someone else said, "peacocky"... I get what you like about them but I honestly think that the Demetrios or the Embrujo are more flattering on your figure (and still have that Spanishy feeling) and therefore, make you look more beautiful! The Embrujo was heavenly and the Demetrios, although similar to the first one on this thread, is cut slightly differently and is a more gentle flow along your hip line, if that makes sense...Hope that helps...
1.gif

ETA: Sorry, I see I'm in the minority here!

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I vote number 2 and honestly, those dresses look WAY WAY better on you than on those models. And I am saying that honestly. :)

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
You look great in both. Considering your setting I pick #2. The location should keep the dress from looking dated or trendy years from now.

Is your personality more conservative? If so #1 is elegant, calm and collected while keeping with the Spanish style. Are you the fun bride? The stunning #2 is the fun dress. I'm shy so I'd be stuck wearing #1 wishing I could pull off #2.

I still like the Pronovias "Embrujo" from your other post too.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
surfgirl, the thing with Demtrios is that the lace is not nearly as nice as the number one here....it''s hard to tell in the pictures, but this lace is very delicate, more vintage looking....makes teh other lace (in Demetrios) look a little "cheaper (no offense to anyone, I still think Demetrios is gorgeous!). The Embrujo is 1,000 more...and I ddidn''t feel it was so "me" as these two, so that''s why I''m leaning otwards this.....now to the peackoky subject, haha...I love that because it is one of the things I thought, that is the one things that worries me about this one!....I will show FI some similar dresses (Pronovias has tons with that kind of skirt) and just gage his reaction. Thank you for being honest!!!
36.gif

Hikerchick, thank you!!!!...I always think dresses look better on real people with real bodies than those super-skinny girls, but it shows the actual dress better (the details of them). Thank you for the compliments!

Bluekeet, but what if I get it and then regret it and not feel like I can pull it off!?...hehe. I hear ya though, it is not a dress for everyone!! but that is making me love it more! "the bride who dared!" hehe

M~

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine!!

Yay.. I so knew that was Bellisima...

I call south Florida home yes.. but I am actually living in Turks and Caicos right now.. for work! I cant complain but I do miss So. Florida... I will let you know when I come to town to visit.. we''ll have to get together!!! I usually come back every three months or so.. for about a week!

the pricing at Boca Raton Bridals is a little high.. I''m sorry but I dont remember your budget! that being said.. they do offer VERY reasonable prices on their samples... I got a Rivini for $1K off.. AND it was brand new... had only been tried on maybe 2 or 3 times. I think its worth a trip... even if their prices may be a little high or out of your budget... they have gorgeous dresses.. and great ideas for you to think about! Off hand, I know they carry, Rivini, Anne Barge, Alvina Valenta, Jasmine Couture.. oooh.. they had a VERY affordable Romona Keveza that I tried on... oooh they are having a Melissa Sweet trunk show June 21st - 23rd... Of course.. i totally understand if you dont want to try on anything out of your budget... I was just one of those brides that said.. "show me everything..and I will deal with it if I fall in love with something that I cant afford..." Of course... one store I went into in Ft. Lauderdale.. REFUSED to show me dresses that were out of my "budget" I said to the lady.. "Its a shame you dont want your business to make money, because you just lost a sale.." arghhhhhhh but.. I digress... LOL (btw.. DONT ever go to Sue Gordons.. I will continue to shout that from the rooftops as long as anyone will listen!!)

Hope that helps.. and I hope that I didnt contribute to your indecisiveness!!!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine, given that I''ve spent WAY too much time this week tracking down champagne colored alencon lace that is not cheap looking with embellishments (which are not me) for a bolero I''m having made, I totally understand your feelings about cheaper lace vs. high quality looking lace. I found some dream lace today and nearly wet myself because I almost settled for something that had scary shiny things all over it! So if that Dem. has just okay quality lace, then I think the Embrujo is the better choice if you can swing the extra money. I think that one gives you the best balance of your figure while still keeping a tight sweeping look across the torso which looked wonderful on you! Just my two cents
28.gif

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Jaders!

I did go to Sue Gordon!!!! How was your experience there?. That''s where I feel in love with a Lazaro gown (way out of my budget)...they are pricey!!!! and they didn''t let me take pictures!

Let me know when you come! it will be fun to finally meet a PSer!!!!
10.gif

I have tried on expensive gowns, but have realized that I better get real..haha. Both of these are $1,000, which is still more than what I thought I would spend "in just a dress"...but I now realize that is actually on the lower end. I''m a budget bride though....if you see my spreadsheet for my wedding you would laugh at some of my estimates, but so far I am pretty darn close!
2.gif

There is another store in Deerfield, Unique Bridal or something like that? do you know that store?

Other than that I''ve been to Rashawn Rose in Weston, Sue Gordon, Victoria''s (Las Olas also) and now Bellisima...so far Bellisima has more of my style and budget!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 9:57:37 PM
Author: surfgirl
Mandarine, given that I''ve spent WAY too much time this week tracking down champagne colored alencon lace that is not cheap looking with embellishments (which are not me) for a bolero I''m having made, I totally understand your feelings about cheaper lace vs. high quality looking lace. I found some dream lace today and nearly wet myself because I almost settled for something that had scary shiny things all over it! So if that Dem. has just okay quality lace, then I think the Embrujo is the better choice if you can swing the extra money. I think that one gives you the best balance of your figure while still keeping a tight sweeping look across the torso which looked wonderful on you! Just my two cents
28.gif

haha, that''s funny about the cheap lace vs nice lace! There is definitely a difference!

I know what you are saying about the Embrujo...and I did like it, but didn''t love it. Maybe I should have tried that on again today just to see what it was about it....I think it had too much of a skirt for me. I know the second one here has a lot of skirt, but it''s a different skirt, not ball-gownish

Thanks for your comments!!!!!!

M~

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine!!

Ok.. Sue Gordon''s.. ughhh... seriously.. I wouldnt recommend that place to anyone.. that is the store that refused to show me ANYTHING.... oh wait.. I take that back.. she brought out ONE satin slip dress.. that was not ivory.. it was YELLOW.. and looked like it was from the early 90''s... and it was $3K... I honestly think she showed it to me to run me off.. horrible woman.. It was seriously horrific..I immediately left the store.. and went straight to Bellisima in tears.. it was my very first day shopping for dresses.. I had flown in from Turks and Caicos.. had a totally regimented appointment schedule for dresses for three days... and that woman totally blew it.. it stunk!! Belissima fit me in, Tanya who helped me.. skipped her lunch.. I know she probably thought I was crazy.. but I was in tears.. and just hurt over the whole situation... bless their hearts and they totally redeemed the whole experience for me...
I havent heard of Unique in Deerfield, but Elva Bridal in Boca is very nice as well.. they were awesome.... they dont allow pictures though.. but their service was amazing... I think Elva''s might have more in your budget range too.. you should definitely check them out!!!

I know what you are sayin about the excel spreadsheets... our wedding spreadsheet had so many colors on them... whoooooo.. it was like a crazy rainbow threw up in excel!!

Oh.. and call me crazy.. and I hope I''m not the only one.. but someone questioned how a veil would work with dress number 2.. but I am TOTALLY feeling a birdcage type veil with that.. that would be absolutely without question.. breathtaking!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I know I''m chiming in late, but I had to add:

I LOVE #2! It looks stunning on you, and I don''t think it looks peacocky at all! The lace on the first one ages you, IMO, AND I think the first dress wears you, while you wear the second dress, if you know what I mean (we used to say that all the time when I was studying costume design in college.)

However, everyone is right when they say you will look gorgeous in anything you choose, so good luck!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Jaders,

How horrible your experience at Sue Gordon''s!!
29.gif
29.gif
that is just not right! specially for your first day of shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...thank God you ended up at a nice store like Bellisima, they''re wonderful there!!....sorry you had a bad experience, I''m definitely not going back, I didn''t think they had much of a collection anywya and what they did have was way out of budget. The two Pronovias dresses they had were the two ugliest dresses in the whol Pronovias ''07 collection...

I will check out those other stores too, let''s see where I find the time and whether my head can take more confusion on dresses! hahaha.

I am definitely wearing a veil, I would just not feel right, walking down the asile, at the church, without a veil. Plus everytime I try a veil on wiith a dress I love, I get a little teary!...hehe. What kind of veil is a birdcage veil? I''ve never heard that, it sounds nice though
2.gif

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 10:15:39 PM
Author: Haven
Okay, I know I''m chiming in late, but I had to add:

I LOVE #2! It looks stunning on you, and I don''t think it looks peacocky at all! The lace on the first one ages you, IMO, AND I think the first dress wears you, while you wear the second dress, if you know what I mean (we used to say that all the time when I was studying costume design in college.)

However, everyone is right when they say you will look gorgeous in anything you choose, so good luck!
Haven, You''re not late at all! I''m right here responding to all posts...haha, It is just so good to hear everyone''s comments!!!!!

Yay for not seeing the peacokyness!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
I think it''s just different and not what we''re used to seeing a bride wearing. I went to some Spanish wedding forums and a bunch of girls had very similar dresses! I saw the same dress on another girl with a similar frame to mine and loved how it looked on her too!

The first one ages me!!!?? Nobody wants that!....I wonder if it is the zsilly bow! haha.

Thank you for chimming in! If you studied costume design you must know what you''re talking about!
9.gif
9.gif

M~

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Are you wearing a mantilla? or a traditional veil? If you have it, could you take it so we can get an idea of what everything looks like?

I still like #2
9.gif

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
absolutely #2. now you are getting me confused on the demetrios dress whether i should get it or not. ah, i just want to be done with this dress hunting, too!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine -

Awww.. thanks for your thoughts.. but it all worked out.. I found Boca Raton Bridals.. and serioulsy cried like a baby when I put on my dress... all that other stuff... with Sue Gordons.. totally forgotten when I found the one@!!! but yeah.. dont go back there!!! LOL

Definitely check out Elva Bridal.. they are fantastic as well!

A birdcage veil is just a simple piece of netting often attached to a hair pin of some sort... it just covers a small part of your head...I have seen some over one eye... or covering just the forehead... think old fashioned pill-box hat that has a little netting on it.. just depends on the placement and what works for you..

if you cant imagine not having a veil.. then you probably wont want a birdcage veil.. its very retro.. (in my opinion) and doesnt cover your shoulders or back at all... I was just thinking that if the general opinion is that a traditional veil might be too busy with dress #2.. why not shake it up a little.. and go for a birdcage veil!

just my 2 cents... LOL...

Let me know what happens with the new stores!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I''d love to see a beautiful mantilla with #2.

And just think...when are you going to be able to wear as fabulous a dress as #2 again? If you feel beautiful in it, it''s in budget and fits your ''theme'', go for it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still prefer the one with name starting with U but you said these are more ''you'' so, I think the first one isn''t as flattering to your figure as some of the other gowns (including the demetrios) ... and the second one while peacock-y does flatter you more. And it is spanish looking.

But I really loved the U one best. Still, you have to be comfortable in it and it does need to be ''you.''

Samantha Red

Shiny_Rock
I think you look incredible in both, but I prefer number two based on everything you have said about heritage and theme. It is different, but you carry it perfectly. You have the most amazing figure and I guess you could wear a sack and look amazing. Your husband to be will be blown away I am sure

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/7/2007 8:22:13 PM
Author: KimberlyH
Mandarine,

#2 just screams out ''I am a Mandarine dress'' spunky, sparkly, a bit different and just beautiful. If the two dresses were on a different person I might vote differently, but based on what I know about you I am all about #2.

~Kimberly

I totally agree-number 2 looks perfect on you

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
oshinbreez, I''m not sure about the kind of veil yet...but I love mantillas!, they''re just expensive!
Ladyofflowers, the Demetrios is not a "cheap" dress....this lace is just more delicate and better done. The Demetrios has a nicer skirt than this one though...after looking at them side by side.
Jaders - Yep, not feeling that birdcage veil...hehe. Thanks for all the suggestions! I will keep you posted!
Ebree, thanks!!!!! I do love it...I think I will show similar skirts to FI and just see his reaction. I would hate for him to be like "what is that?" the day of the wedding!
Gypsy, which one is the one with the U name?. I think you loved the Lazaro or the Embrujo??
Samantha, Thanks!!!!! for the nice compliment!!!!
Bee, Thank you!!!
4.gif

M~

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Have you looked on ebay for a mantilla?

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/8/2007 8:44:55 AM
Author: oshinbreez
Have you looked on ebay for a mantilla?
No, but that is a good idea!!!!
36.gif

M~

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow,

I didn''t read through the whole thread, but they are both GORGEOUS on you!!! There''s just something about number 1 that made me go "WOW!" when I saw it though. No matter which one you choose, you''re going to be a beautiful bride!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Seeing your dresses almost makes me wish I had shopped for something a little less princess-y and a little more sophisticated. Sigh. At any rate, I agree with the majority of comments: #1 is fab except for the bow--I''d love to see it without, but the color on #2 is just beautiful on you!

You know though, my feeling is that if you''re torn between 2, then maybe you just haven''t found THE one. (It would be easier deciding if everything didn''t look so beautiful on you!)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Robbie!!!!!!
9.gif

Fancy, don''t question your dress!!!, I seriously just have problems and like way too many styles!!!!!! I''m sure you chose the perfect dress for you and you will look incredible!!!!!!. You''re right, maybe I just haven''t found "the" one...I just don''t think I will ever just be 100% decided on one though....haha, I am so torned!.

So I sent my FI a few dresses with similar (not quite the same) type of skirts, with what we''re calling now the "peacocky" skirt!...hehe, let''s see what his response is!!!!!!

M~

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
hey mandarine:

the first thought i had was i hate that bow!! so, i immediately liked dress 2 better. BUT, if removing the bow isn''t a problem, i think that i''d go with dress 1.

your wedding sounds like it''s going to be one fun party!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
haha, that bow is making me not like the dress so much now! but it can definitely be taken out.

I got an answer back from FI, I sent him 3 similar dresses and he didn''t say anything about the actual skirts, just didn''t like one because it made her look like a "mermaid"....

This one is not mermaid-y, so I asked him what he thought of the type of skirt (with those "volados", not sure how to say that in English!) instead of a more "flat" skirt...

4.gif

I made two new appointments are new stores down in Miami (Coral Gables), for next Saturday......If I don''t find anything that I love as much, I think I may go with #2 here....the more I look at it the more I like it (and it''s usually the opposite when I look at other pictures of other dresses I''ve liked!). I love the little flowers on teh top (you can see the detail on it with the dresses hanging side by side). I love the color, and it''s soft and romantic.

M~

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
How long of a mantilla did you want? Mantilla

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results