shape
carat
color
clarity

Ready?...dress-crazy-girl-is-back!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I thought you looked a little Spanish! I lived in Bilbao for a few months at the end of last year and BF and I (he was there, too) did a fair amount of travelling. I love the tapas idea, I''ve actually been thinking about how fun that would be for a wedding (it still sounds weird to say "tapas", though, when I''m so used to thinking "pintxos").

Honestly, I think your FI will think like you look ready to dance and have fun at the reception! It really looks amazing on you.

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Both of the dresses are lovely but my vote is for #2. IMO it looks more like a wedding gown then the first. And I agree with what''s already been stated...if you do go with #1 no bow!
28.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
ok here''re my thoughts but take it with a grain of salt..i''m always very upfront!

i like the idea of the first one, but i''m not a big fan of the mermaid cut because i think it can accentuate hips. You are of course very slender, but it draws the eye. I prefer an a-line, but fitting cut which I think the demtrious was? however i agree that it''s important that the lace be of top quality b/c it makes a difference. in pics that''s harder to see.

i think #2 is more striking on you (and i like ivory)--so i''d go with that if i had to choose--it''s seems to be something you love. however it''s not a traditional wedding dress.
those are my thoughts, of course they all look great, it''s just different degrees of it.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I just looked at the pics of your venue again....which is beautiful. I still like the 2nd better. I think it just goes more with the "feel" of your whole spanish theme. The ivory is lovely with your skin tone. Not many could pull off the 2nd one, but you can. How would it look bustled? Or would you wear something else for the reception?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Mandarine! Both dresses are gorgeous! If I had to pick one, I''d go with #1 (also w/o the bow).

zoe

Joy80

Shiny_Rock
First off I want to say I totally know how you feel. I am going through the same exact thing right now, and it seems like every dress I try on brings out a different side of me. So I know it can be really difficult. But ok with that said I think they are both goregous!!!! But honestly I would go with the first dress. The second dress while very pretty looks kinda trendy to me, and I personally dont want to look back on my wedding pics and have a puffy sleves moment you know. But they both look breath taking on you so whatever you choose you will look fabulous. Good luck
1.gif

Joy80

Shiny_Rock
Ok I just looked at the pics again and your venue and I change my answer number 2 definitely
36.gif
plus it is absolutely stunning on you :)

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
haha some of your comments made me laugh, thank you everyone!!!!

Janine- I know what you are saying, thanks for the honesty! The first is also ivory, but not as deep as the second one...the girls at the store actually loved the color of the second one against my skin.
Roseangel , Jcrow, Neatfreak and Zoe - Thank you!!!!!!! I am with you guys on the no bow, I don''t know why they put that thing there!
Oshinbreez - Thank you!!!!!!!! I do think the 2nd goes more with the venue and whole theme!
Joy80 - Is it really that trendy?...I actually thought that when I saw it on the hanger but then when I tried it on I thought it wasn''t, the skirt is just "different"
2.gif
This is so hard!!!
Princess- Sounds like you guys had a blast in Spain!!!...I love Spain!, I''m trying to figure out what to do for favors now...I was thinking maybe a nice spanish fan for the ladies and cigars for the guys?....haven''t decided yet though! Thanks for the compliments!
9.gif

Ebree- Thanks!!!! Your are always so honest I was hoping you would chime in
1.gif

This is the most confusing and excting thing I''ve done!...but these two, by far, are my top contenders!!!!

M~

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
here they are on models....

Just thought they showed the actual dresses better

renania.jpg

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Gotta run to Boot camp class, but I''ll post the other one on the model when I get back!

M~

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Number 2, hands down!
30.gif

I don''t know if you''re planning on wearing a veil, but I don''t really like the one you had with the first dress. It seems to me like you''d be more of a flower brode than a veil bride... You know, with a bright flower like the flamenco dancers?

tiffanytwisted

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for number 2. I love the back of it!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
#2!! It gives you a great shape and looks amazing (not that the first one didn''t). The rouched asymmetrical bodice is just lovely - it gives some curves (the kind you want!!) in the right places.

EAT

Rough_Rock
I love #2. For selfish reasons...it is similiar to my dress

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll go against the grain and say 2nd one!! You look more happier in this one and it looks more you ( as you described wanting)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Wow for #2...it''s a stunner and in keeping with your venue and your desire for a Spanish style dress
36.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mandarinne, there is not a dress you put on that you don''t look fantastic in!

Of these two I like number 1 better, but it''s close.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine,

#2 just screams out "I am a Mandarine dress" spunky, sparkly, a bit different and just beautiful. If the two dresses were on a different person I might vote differently, but based on what I know about you I am all about #2.

~Kimberly

turtledazzle

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine --

You are going to have such a hard time choosing ~ you''re gorgeous in everything!

That said, I think #1 is a beautiful dress but agree with the others that the bow and ribbon needs to go ... I also think that it accentuates your hips too much ~ and you are tiny ... it is just the style of the dress.

#2 - fantastic. I agree with Kimberly, it just screams Mandarine to me. Funny, I don''t like it at all in the model pic you posted, but on you it just seems "right". It has a very Spanish feel IMO.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine!!!

Are you at Bellisima???? that was the first store I went to to try on dresses.. I worked with Tanya.. she was sooo sweet...

I remember you saying you were in So. Florida.. if you want to make one more trip up to the Boca Area... you MUST go to Boca Raton Bridals... I got my dress there... they are WONDERFUL.. oh.. and ask for Jack!!! hehe.. he is my absolute fave!!! Its on Federal Hwy.. just south of Yamato, across from the Red Lobster! Trust me.. its worth a trip.. as a matter of fact.. there was a girl in there when I was there for my final fitting (7 days before my big day) and she was trying on dresses just like what you are looking for! She had a very similar figure to you.. and the looked fabulous on her.. maybe you should give it a shot!

That being said.. I triple love #2... sooo perfect for your Spanish Monastery wedding!!! I adore it!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
both look great!

Number one is more classic looking--but also much more common looking
Number two is unique & more dramatic, yet not over the top. depends on the impact you want to make and what suits your personality.

I think I am leaning toward #2, just b/c it is so different and I know if I saw a bride in it i would think wow-how refreshing and different

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Back from boot camp!

Here is the "Lorna" on the model...

lornaonmodel.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooooh I got so excited for more pix -- Manderine you just look lovely in ALL wedding dresses! Salons should hire you to model dresses -- but then again, you''d make the other brides cry.
9.gif

I vote #2 -- it''s SWOONABLE. Very flaminco in the best possible way -- and so textured & interesting while still being romantic & bridal.

#1 chops up the body more visually -- your frame can take it but it''s unnecessarily distracting. Otherwise it''s lovely.

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely #2! You just glow in that dress!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Both are pretty but I think that #2 looks way better on you. I think it makes your top and bottom halves look more balanced and proportional where the first one makes you look a little pear shaped because it makes your top half look tiny. I think the Spanish flair looks great on you!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous and look great on you! I vote for #1 with no bow. But if #2 goes more with the venue and whole theme, go with that one. You can''t go wrong with either one. Yay for narrowing it down to 2!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
#2 on you. I don''t dig that bow at all!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Anchor, Thank you!!!!. I do want a veil though, for the church only, then I''m taking it off and just wearing a flower
36.gif

Tiffanytwisted, thanks!!!! I adore the back too!
9.gif

Stephanie, thanks for the compliment and for chimming in!

EAT, Thanks! Let''s see your dress!!!!
4.gif

Mustangfan, Thanks! I was happy in both, but I do look happier on this one!
2.gif
It was just unexpected and it surprised me that I liked it so much!

Risingsun, thank you!, I like the "wow"
1.gif

DJ, you are so sweet!!!!!!!! Thanks!!!
9.gif

Kim, haha, you''re post made me laugh!! thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Turtledazzle, thank you!!! I can''t believe you liked it better on me than on the model! haha

Jaders, YES! I am at Bellisima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. You live down here??? we should get together!. How is the Boca place in terms of pricing? I might have to go and take a look (and keep flooding you guys with pictures! haha). Thank you for the tips and for your comments!

Jas12, Thank you!!! I like the wow-how refreshing and different effect!!!! I am just nervous FI would have a wow-run-away-as-fast-as-you-can effect!...he is a very classic kind of guy!...I am thinking I might show him a picture of a similar dress and gage his reaction...what do you guys think?

Anyway, thank you all!!! I really do appreciate your comments and honesty! This is so hard and it is so good to see some reactions
9.gif
You are all wonderful!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a random thought, but are you planning on wearing a veil? If so I think that would be *a lot going on* with #2.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Deco, haha thank you!!!!! you are too funny! Thank you for the compliments!!!
5.gif

Facetfire, thank you!!!!! That is so sweet of you to say, and you''re an straighforward kind of gal so I appreciate you chimming in!!!

Indecisive, I think you are right about the pear shape....*sigh* I am rather "hippie" hehe

Snlee, Narrowing it down was the hardest part! and now that Jaders gave me a second store to visit, I might end up getting kicked out of PS for indecision and posting way too may pictures! haha, thank you
4.gif

TG, Thanks!!! I hated that bow and almost didn''t try the dress because of it, but they showed me it can be taken out very easily
1.gif

DJ, I do want a veil, but I know what you mean with number 2.....how about a very simple veil? I just want it for the church and then it comes off.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results