shape
carat
color
clarity

Random rediculousness

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *love* all of these! Anything that adds interest no matter how lame = AOK by me. In fact, sometimes the lame stuff comes back & becomes cool again! Totes puffy heart''s it!!!

Anyhoo -- I used to be a real smiley snob. I *hated* them. Thought they were INCREDIBLY ridic. But they I met DH. Man, he was a total smiley face guy and ended emails with things like *hug*. VOMIT!!! It was so repulsive to me I nearly missed out on my HUSBAND. Well, that taught me a bit of a lesson. And I tried not to judge the smilies anymore. Lucky for me because I soon found myself on Pricescope: Smorgasborg of Smilies.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Another who has never heard The Bay.

Prolly is used VERBALLY here all the time. I despise it. Tarjay is also used frequently here, but it doesn''t bother me at all.

LOL, Monnie. I didn''t know that about you!! I prefer to see LOL than "tee hee hee" and other "laughing."

Whatev is completely irritating.
And the worst for me is the people who abbreviate their first and last names like JLo or LiLo. My sis tries to pull off LaLo so I jokingly refer to my DH as ShBu because it sounds funny.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:12:59 PM
Author: decodelighted
I *love* all of these! Anything that adds interest no matter how lame = AOK by me. In fact, sometimes the lame stuff comes back & becomes cool again! Totes puffy heart''s it!!!

Anyhoo -- I used to be a real smiley snob. I *hated* them. Thought they were INCREDIBLY ridic. But they I met DH. Man, he was a total smiley face guy and ended emails with things like *hug*. VOMIT!!! It was so repulsive to me I nearly missed out on my HUSBAND. Well, that taught me a bit of a lesson. And I tried not to judge the smilies anymore. Lucky for me because I soon found myself on Pricescope: Smorgasborg of Smilies.

"Totes" makes me shudder, as does "Totes McGotes!"

I don''t know where totes mcgotes even started, but every guy I know says it.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:05:11 PM
Author: princesss
I will admit, this sentence cracks me up every time:

IDK my BFF, Jill?
HAHAHA! i love it.

i'm an OMG offender. i say it- but very tongue-in-cheekly. and not often. for instance, today, i was talking to a co-worker who said someone else had resigned (making 3 in just as many weeks...whoa) so i just said, "O.M.G.! I have nothing else to say, but O.M.G." she got a kick out of it. i was just kind of in shock, and that was the first thing that came to mind.

i have another co-worker who says, "let me find out what's the poop in the scoop."

ETA: i'm no opposed to "whatev" either. again- not that this is my professional talk, and i only use these terms in certain company. when i get together with a certain group of friends from college, i swear they abbreviate EVERYTHING and it's all done moreso as a joke/to be funny. we get kind of a kick out of it!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 3:16:15 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
One of my co-workers always says ''oh em gee'' out loud. THAT gets old real fast.

My neighbors named their dog dee-oh-gee. All I could think is gee, I''m guessing the adults, and not the id, came up with that one.

One of my radio stations has a jewelry store as a sponsor, and they pronounce it "jew-luh-ree."
20.gif
In my book, that''s nearly sacrilegious!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 4:12:04 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett

Purposely spelling words wrong just to be cute or creative, etc. It drives me nuts.
You must love it when parents spell their children's names creatively! My husband and daughter have brought it to my attention that many people like to do that. Not much that other people do that doesn't have a direct impact on me bothers me, so I don't care how people spell their children's names but my family seems to :).

My daughter dislikes it that there are Christines, Kristines, Khrystines, Chrystines, Krystines, etcetera. Actually that is a very mild example. She has told me some extraordinarily inventive spellings for some far more unusual names. I'd love to see a thread on those :).

AGBF
34.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my co-workers always says 'oh em gee' out loud. THAT gets old real fast.

My neighbors named their dog dee-oh-gee. All I could think is gee, I'm guessing the adults, and not the kid, came up with that one.

One of my radio stations has a jewelry store as a sponsor, and they pronounce it "jew-luh-ree."
20.gif
In my book, that's downright sacrilegious!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:19:47 PM
Author: AGBF

Purposely spelling words wrong just to be cute or creative, etc. It drives me nuts.

You must love it when parents spell their children''s names creatively! My husband and daughter have brought it to my attention that many people like to do that. Not much that other people do that doesn''t have a direct impact on me bothers me, so I don''t care how people spell their children''s names but my family seems to :).

My daughter dislikes it that there are Christines, Kristines, Khrystines, Chrystines, Krystines, etcetera. Actually that is a very mild example. She has told me some extraordinarily inventive spellings for some far more unusual names. I''d love to see a thread on those :).

AGBF

34.gif

Oddly enough, that doesn''t really bother me as much as stores purposely spelling their names wrong, almost as if they''re catering to the people they serve (if that makes sense). I know I''ve mentioned this a few times here, but it''s the only example I can ever think of off the top of my head. There''s a children''s hair salon called Krazy Kuts, and I hate the way they choose to spell it. It''s not cutesy, and it''s not doing kids any favors to spell something wrong on purpose. I don''t get it.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 4:19:59 PM
Author: VRBeauty

My neighbors named their dog dee-oh-gee. All I could think is gee, I''m guessing the adults, and not the id, came up with that one.
Uh oh! My turn to say that I used to be guilty of something someone is complaining about. (I don''t do it anymore because the D-O-G died.) It was my id that came up with calling him that, though!

AGBF
34.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:26:33 PM

You must love it when parents spell their children''s names creatively! My husband and daughter have brought it to my attention that many people like to do that. Not much that other people do that doesn''t have a direct impact on me bothers me, so I don''t care how people spell their children''s names but my family seems to :).

My daughter dislikes it that there are Christines, Kristines, Khrystines, Chrystines, Krystines, etcetera. Actually that is a very mild example. She has told me some extraordinarily inventive spellings for some far more unusual names. I''d love to see a thread on those :).

AGBF

34.gif

Oddly enough, that doesn''t really bother me as much as stores purposely spelling their names wrong, almost as if they''re catering to the people they serve (if that makes sense). I know I''ve mentioned this a few times here, but it''s the only example I can ever think of off the top of my head. There''s a children''s hair salon called Krazy Kuts, and I hate the way they choose to spell it. It''s not cutesy, and it''s not doing kids any favors to spell something wrong on purpose. I don''t get it.

Toys ''R'' Us (with the R backwards) bothers me to no end. Why are companies encouraging this???

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 2:57:53 PM
Date: 3/12/2010 2:49:06 PM
As to, 'the poop'...I believe that that term has been used colloquially to mean, 'the news' for many decades. :)

Definition
poop noun (INFORMATION)
the poop US old-fashioned slang information
Did you get the poop on all the candidates?

(Definition of poop noun (INFORMATION) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

I never knew this, thank you for the information.

I still hate the term, though.
12.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 4:31:15 PM
Author: PinkAsscher678

Toys ''R'' Us (with the R backwards) bothers me to no end. Why are companies encouraging this???
You mean it''s not Russian!!!???

AGBF
34.gif

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:33:12 PM

AGBF

34.gif

No but it''s nearly as baffling
3.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 4:32:07 PM
Author: Haven

You are so well-read that it is an honor to be able to introduce you to an English term with which you are not familiar, Haven! I guess one has to read books from the correct era if he wasn''t born early enough to have heard the term. ;-)

AGBF
34.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah PA, I don''t like the Toys ''R Us thing either.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:37:55 PM
Date: 3/12/2010 4:32:07 PM
Author: Haven
You are so well-read that it is an honor to be able to introduce you to an English term with which you are not familiar, Haven! I guess one has to read books from the correct era if he wasn''t born early enough to have heard the term. ;-)
AGBF
34.gif
9.gif

It''s an honor to learn it from you, my dear.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~NeThInG tHaT lOoKs LyKe DiS dRiVeS mE nUtSoRz!!!!!!11!!!11!!!!!1!1!~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade

AGBF
34.gif
If you have a lot of free time, here is one: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=6313.0;topicseen.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 4:26:34 PM

It was my id that came up with calling him that, though!

AGBF

34.gif

LOL!

(I meant kid of course, but id works too...!)

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock

One of my co-workers always says ''oh em gee'' out loud. THAT gets old real fast.

My neighbors named their dog dee-oh-gee. All I could think is gee, I''m guessing the adults, and not the kid, came up with that one.

One of my radio stations has a jewelry store as a sponsor, and they pronounce it ''jew-luh-ree.''
20.gif
In my book, that''s downright sacrilegious!

I think that''s cute! And, IIRC, I believe Hudson''s dog is also a D.O.G.

Ugh I can''t stand "prolly". I have a good friend who uses it all the time in texts.

I am guilt of "whatevs" sometimes (but usually ironically)
3.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 5:32:33 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

One of my co-workers always says 'oh em gee' out loud. THAT gets old real fast.

My neighbors named their dog dee-oh-gee. All I could think is gee, I'm guessing the adults, and not the kid, came up with that one.

One of my radio stations has a jewelry store as a sponsor, and they pronounce it 'jew-luh-ree.'
20.gif
In my book, that's downright sacrilegious!

I think that's cute! And, IIRC, I believe Hudson's dog is also a D.O.G.

Ugh I can't stand 'prolly'. I have a good friend who uses it all the time in texts.

I am guilt of 'whatevs' sometimes (but usually ironically)
3.gif

Ha, I say "whatevs" and I do it pretty often so I can't say it's ironic anymore!
3.gif
That's the only thing I do in this thread so far, though! I also hate "prolly" and LOL. And I HATE it when people put "u" instead of "you" in texts. I spell everything out in texts!

And The Bay takes longer to write out than eBay! I don't understand!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 3:58:03 PM
Date: 3/12/2010 3:51:22 PM

Date: 3/12/2010 3:33:34 PM

''Çäåñü ìîíåòêà èäåò çâîíîê êòî-òî êîòîðîå çàáîòèò.''

OK, PinkAsscher, put me out of my misery. I am not saying that I couldn''t find out what your quotation means on my own, but it is easier to ask you. I have gotten into a situation like the one in the story. You know the story about the translation of, ''The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak'' into, ''The vodka is good, but the meat is spoiled''? That is me trying to translate your quotation using a mechanical on-line translator! It told me something quite bizarre. I am sure that no one in any language ever quoted what the mechanical translator came up with! So I give up. What does it mean? I know it is famous, because Google took me to many websites in Russian that featured it...but I couldn''t read them. That makes me crazy!!!

Deb/AGBF

34.gif

Your guesses are almost as close as mine were! I posted this as a kind of inside joke to myself. I am currently taking a course in Russian and was supposed to be saying ''Where is the nearest telephone I need to call a friend'' but instead ended up writing something totally different. My brother (who is fluent) almost died laughing when he read it

9.gif

Oh, finally I understood it. It really makes no sense!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:44:26 PM
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~NeThInG tHaT lOoKs LyKe DiS dRiVeS mE nUtSoRz!!!!!!11!!!11!!!!!1!1!~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~*~*~***DiTTo!***~*~*~
3.gif

I mean why?!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several things: when I saw someone writing "good nite" I thought that the person had dysgraphia and the someone explained to me that it was appropriate spelling. Also, XOXO looks bad.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I use slang a lot. Mostly it is just the meshing of words. For instance if I were typing I would ask "Do you want to?" but if I were speaking I would say "do yawanna?" I know that is bad, but I do it with nearly everything.

I do not like excessive text type. It is harder to read.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 4:33:12 PM

AGBF
34.gif
My Ukrainian grandparents were always puzzled by "Toys [backwards "R"] Us." A backwards "R" is the letter ya in Ukrainian (same alphabet as Russian). To them, it has always been "Toys ya Us."

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/12/2010 1:15:07 PM
Author:Hudson_Hawk
I''m annoyed by the term ''The Bay.'' Seriously, it''s shorter to write ebay than it is to write out the bay.

When I read this, all I could think was why would HH be annoyed by the name of a Canadian department store? I''ve never heard anyone refer to eBay that way either, but maybe we just live too close to the Canadian border.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 5:53:43 PM
Author: thing2of2

Date: 3/12/2010 4:44:26 PM

~*~*~***DiTTo!***~*~*~
3.gif

I mean why?!
Ugh. Double ditto. I probably shouldn''t, but I immediately form a negative opinion of people who send me something that looks like that.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
l8r bugs me - seriously, it takes me twice as long to figure out what the hell you''re saying than it would have for you to type 2 more strokes. What really cracks me up though is when they type la8er or something and it''s like dude - quit trying so hard to be cool, you look lame!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m guilty of quite a few of these! O.M.G. Whatevs. Tarjey. I will say that I NEVER use "lol." Ever. It''s so overused. I always want to say "really? did you REALLY laugh out loud?"

Okay, is the title of this thread supposed to be ironic? If not, I swear I''m not trying to be a b*tch! One of my little pet peeves is the misspelling of the words "definitely" and "ridiculous." So I had to giggle when I saw the title of the thread!
3.gif

Oh, and "what''s the poop?" Really, really makes me cringe! And when young guys say "that''s tits!" for something they think is awesome. Puke.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results