shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all for the kind words about the babies! 6 months really is a fun age-they are so giggly and everything is hilarious. I don''t have the heart to tell them that mommy really isn''t that funny...

janine I am no help probably but I just cut their toenails when they are sitting on my lap playing with a toy-distraction is key!

courtney That sucks about the accident! I can''t believe how dumb some people are. My DH used to ride a motorcycle and he said that the amount of training that they require for having a motorcycle license in most states is appallingly small.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine I have no advice because I have only had to trim Hunter''s toenails once or twice since he was born! His fingernailsgrow like weeds but not the toes, and both times I actually just used my own nails to sort of tear them off... they are so thin it was easy.

My big announcement is that Hunter rolled over from back to front last night
36.gif
He was 4 months old on Sunday. We heard him fussing this morning in his crib -- which I am coming to realize may just be him talking to himself, he just sounds so whiney! -- and then all of a sudden he started really crying! Dh went in to get him and bring him into our bed for his morning nursing, and lo and behold, he was on his tummy! Today he had been rolling back and forth tonnes. I have noticed he is getting much stronger, and during tummy time he has started pulling his knees up under him and pushing off a little. I wonder if he wil lcrawl early? It sure seems like it, he is a very physically active baby and alays has been.

This milestone almost makes up for the fact that he has been sleeping terribly -- he was up at 10pm, 2:30am, 5:30am and 7am this morning
20.gif
It almost makes up for it... but not quite.
11.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NF, but C is ticklish and can''t handle me touching her feet. She pulls away and not coyly!

DD, congrats on Hunter rolling over, right on schedule. I wish we could see more pics!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
Janine - we just use a file to do Kyle''s toes. I don''t have the guts to use the clippers yet. What works for us is I feed him a bottle in my lap, and DH grabs a hand or foot and files away. He''s ticklish too, but at least it''s only his big toe nails that seems to grow, so its over quick.

DD - wohoo for Hunter rolling over! Kyle does it like crazy now too. Once they figure it out there''s not stopping them
3.gif
. Do you have your 4 month doc appointment soon?

Neat - those little men of yours are handsome!

And for your entertainment, an almost nekked pic of Kyle from the other night.

Kyle006.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MG Our appintment is in an hour! I can''t wait to see what he weighs and how long he is. I think he is bug and long, so I am super curious! And what a cutie pie picture! Love it!!

Okay, the sleep god''s are angered with me and I am not sure how to appease them
5.gif
First, I think we are getting in a bad habit of feeding before sleep. Hunter is now awake for about 2 to 2.5 hours between naps, and this means that he gets hungry again before he has a nap! So I nurse him and then he starts falling asleep
20.gif
I don''t quite know how to avoid this... should I try just putting him down without a feed? If so, he wouldn''t nap long because he would wake hungry. If I feed him he sleeps 1.5 hours and if I don''t he sleeps like 30 minutes
15.gif

Second, he is waking a fair bit at night lately and I am not sure what to do. I have tried just listening for 5 - 10 minutes to see if he falls asleep, but he usually doesn''t and gets more and more worked up. If I go in there or DH goes in there to try to soothe him, he just gets more and more worked up as we torture him by not giving him what he wants
20.gif
-- the boob! So I end up giving it to him, which as we all know is a terrible pattern. I sort of think I either need to suck it up and ignore him -- which I am not ready to do because I think he is still too young for CIO and he is a big growing boy and I think he needs to eat, but maybe I am wrong? -- or I need to just go in right when he starts fussing so I don''t teach him that he needs to cry like a maniac to get what he wants!

Any thoughts?? He is 4 months old.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DD - Kyle''s on formula, so it''s a bit different than Hunter, but he usually feeds when he wakes up from a nap. Maybe try putting him down a little sooner, so he has enough time to nap and then eat? As for night wakings, try to sooth him (even if you have to pick him up), but don''t feed him. Does he take a paci? That seemed to work for Kyle, a paci and some light music and he''s right back out. Good luck at the doc! For our 4 month, he only had 1 oral vaccine and 2 sticks in one leg, and he got over it way better than the first shots. I hope Hunter does well, and I can''t wait to hear how big he''s gotten! Our pedi had us start rice cereal after the 4 month mark, so maybe that''ll help with the sleep gods
2.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 9:18:16 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/23/2009 1:38:10 AM
Author: nycbkgirl
tonite the sleep gods looked at us and just spat LOL! ....dh and i are devastated as we speak...both have been up since oh duno 6 ....my eyes are so heavy and patience is sucked out dry! so ? of the day...how do u go on when u physically and emotionally just cant
33.gif
...just thinking about mammas who try for second round of this ...kinda makes me faint lol....it goes like this...me in livin room with jon ''sssshhhhh rock rock''....dh in bedroom wit jackie, ''sssshhh sshhhh rock rock''....dozey, dozey....in bassinett....whaaaaa.....6pm-1am. anyhoo...i think its quiet for a minute...must go and enjoy!

Hey NYC-it''ll get better I promise!

But I''ve got some advice and of course you can take it or leave it...but I don''t think you guys are doing yourselves any favors by each taking one baby. I feel like with twins when they are really young if one is fussy and having sleep issues the other one often is too. If you split the twins up-neither you nor your DH EVER get a break.

If instead you each take a shift where that person has responsibility for BOTH babies-then the other one gets some uninterrupted rest. And the benefit of this is that when one of you is about to break the other one can swoop in and take over. Once my DH and I figured this out things got SOO much easier because we were both getting some sleep.

Plus at some point you need to get used to caring for both of them at the same time. It can be overwhelming at first but once you realize that it won''t kill either of them to cry for a few minutes-I think it makes things a whole lot easier because you feel less guilty about not being able to give each one your full attention. It''s like how second time moms are-so much more relaxed and less stressed about having everything be ''perfect''.

Another thing-has your doc seen what/how much Jackie and Jon are spitting up? Because I know you are worried about them being fussy and spitting up-but babies are fussy and spit up! All of them! So it''s very possible that what you are worried about is completely normal-and that there is nothing you can do. So if that''s the case you''d want to know so you can stop beating yourself up over it.
2.gif
Obviously I can''t diagnose them so if your doc has seen it and it''s not a normal amount disregard this. But IMO it often seems like babies spit up a lot more than they actually do.

Anyway-take it or leave it-I won''t be offended! But those are just my observations from raising twins!
i always wondered how exactly u guys do it ! thing is these 2 rugrats wake eachother up...ive been meaning to ask u that...do ur little guys do that?? its the worst when u try so hard and they fall asleep then the other one starts wailing and back to square one
4.gif
...they also dont seem to care for eachother lol...when putting them together ...someone is always not happy about it. i guess its also scary being alone with the 2 ..the fear of can i handle it? it seems the only one not afraid of being alone with the 2 is MIL..maybe cuz it during the day and she doesnt have the impossible night shifts. its just sooo different with 2...i was sitting with 1 and kept thinking ...i can do this....but with 2 i always need help
7.gif
...dh is my hero dad bc he sometimes does take on the night shift with the 2 and is like if i need u will wake u up (never does)...but last nite was literally a terror..maybe bc jon is still a bit agitated from the circ...i keep the hope that once they sstn i can be able to be with both at once...like i said u guys are my heroes! once the circ heals...i will try the 1 parent 2baby nightshift for sure....(mostly dh will try it
3.gif
lol)

re spitup: i think its true that maybe its just one of those things...jon doesnt usually spit up at all (if he does it very little) but jackie is a diff story...sometimes she spits out everything she just ate and then im like what should i do? should i give her more milk bc she now missed a feeding or should i substitute pedialyte etc...she has been doing that since birth in the nicu..im thinking maybe her digestive system isnt as developed yet..is that even possible?...but since its beeen from birth im thinkin maybe there is a problem or maybe it is the milk and we havent figured it out yet
33.gif
...doc seems to think it cant be milk bc they are all the same but i duno bout that one.the fussiness i think is really gas thats y maybe formula matters? but again doc says no and just give mylicon...gas is a major bummer!
15.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
DD- woo hooo for rolling over! love all those cute milestones
9.gif
but yes the sleeping part is no milestion for any of us lol! i also get frustrated at not knowing what they want and sometimes decide they are still hungry and maybe the milk will put them to sleep...but wasnt working for us last nite
8.gif
..my kiddos are not big paci fans either.

janine- have u tried trimming nails while they asleep? we did the fingernails and they never even moved so im thinkin toenails might be the same ? worth a try
2.gif

Mgal- hehehe kyle is a doll!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 12:04:17 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
MG Our appintment is in an hour! I can''t wait to see what he weighs and how long he is. I think he is bug and long, so I am super curious! And what a cutie pie picture! Love it!!

Okay, the sleep god''s are angered with me and I am not sure how to appease them
5.gif
First, I think we are getting in a bad habit of feeding before sleep. Hunter is now awake for about 2 to 2.5 hours between naps, and this means that he gets hungry again before he has a nap! So I nurse him and then he starts falling asleep
20.gif
I don''t quite know how to avoid this... should I try just putting him down without a feed? If so, he wouldn''t nap long because he would wake hungry. If I feed him he sleeps 1.5 hours and if I don''t he sleeps like 30 minutes
15.gif

Second, he is waking a fair bit at night lately and I am not sure what to do. I have tried just listening for 5 - 10 minutes to see if he falls asleep, but he usually doesn''t and gets more and more worked up. If I go in there or DH goes in there to try to soothe him, he just gets more and more worked up as we torture him by not giving him what he wants
20.gif
-- the boob! So I end up giving it to him, which as we all know is a terrible pattern. I sort of think I either need to suck it up and ignore him -- which I am not ready to do because I think he is still too young for CIO and he is a big growing boy and I think he needs to eat, but maybe I am wrong? -- or I need to just go in right when he starts fussing so I don''t teach him that he needs to cry like a maniac to get what he wants!

Dreamer - I don''t really have any advice, I just wanted to comisserate. James is nearly a year old and still does not sleep through the night. He was formula fed (now on milk) and he''d do the same thing. Wake up, want food, cry cry cry until we gave in. Ugh. We now wait until he is practically screaming before we get up and feed him in the middle of the night. We also let him "play" in his crib when he wakes first thing in the morning. We''ve tried everyting - CIO, going in right away, changing his diaper everytime he wakes up, feeding him cereal before bed, motrin, benedryl, everything. Nothing works. He just doens''t sleep. I am sorry you are going through this.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 12:10:02 PM
Author: MustangGal
DD - Kyle''s on formula, so it''s a bit different than Hunter, but he usually feeds when he wakes up from a nap. Maybe try putting him down a little sooner, so he has enough time to nap and then eat? As for night wakings, try to sooth him (even if you have to pick him up), but don''t feed him. Does he take a paci? That seemed to work for Kyle, a paci and some light music and he''s right back out. Good luck at the doc! For our 4 month, he only had 1 oral vaccine and 2 sticks in one leg, and he got over it way better than the first shots. I hope Hunter does well, and I can''t wait to hear how big he''s gotten! Our pedi had us start rice cereal after the 4 month mark, so maybe that''ll help with the sleep gods
2.gif
Hunter always eats when he wakes up, but in the day he likes to nurse every 3 hours approx. so that poses some issues when he naps after 2.5 hours!

At night he seems to pitch a fit unless he is fed. Actually, I just got back from the doctor and asked him about the night feedings and he said that Hunter is a big boy and is probably hungry! So I should feed him. I think that makes sense when he wakes once, but I think there are times he wakes and he is not hungry. Those times I may try just ignoring, since going in seems to make him worse!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are hunter''s 4 month stats:

Weight - 14lbs 12oz, 45th percentile
Length - 26.5 inches (70th percentile)
Head... who cares about that
3.gif
It was average.

So he is still tall and thin! The dec thinks he probably needs to eat as often as he seems to want to, because he is a tall boy but not a fat boy. So I will keep feeding him when he wakes at night!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DD - how did the shots go? And he is tall! We somehow produced a shorty, he was about the same weight as Hunter, but 24.5", and has a small head. If the doc says feed him at night, then i wouldn''t worry about it. Did they tell you to start on cereal? I was a little surprised to start it at 4 months, I tought food came in closer to 6 months. We aren''t going to start real baby food until 5 months though...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 2:31:43 PM
Author: MustangGal
DD - how did the shots go? And he is tall! We somehow produced a shorty, he was about the same weight as Hunter, but 24.5'', and has a small head. If the doc says feed him at night, then i wouldn''t worry about it. Did they tell you to start on cereal? I was a little surprised to start it at 4 months, I tought food came in closer to 6 months. We aren''t going to start real baby food until 5 months though...
He is tall, I thought he would weigh a lot more because he looks really BIG, but he is just long and lean... I hope he stays that way for his sake as neither DH nor I can be described with either of those words
3.gif

The shots were fine! Last time he cried lik a maniac, but this time he sort of looked at the nurse like she was an evil woman and cried after shot 1, then shot 2 surprised him into stopping crying and then I nursed him right away after shot 2 and he calmed down. But he was still a little fussy coming home, and when I put him down to sleep he conked out immediately. So it must have affected him.

The doc said maube to start pablum around 5 months in the evening to help him sleep longer, but I have read that all docs have different opions about this and also that adding pablum doesn''t necessarily help them sleep longer. I hadn''t planned to add any solids at all until 6 months and I think I will stick to that plan unless there is a good reason to change -- like if H seems hungry all the time or cranky. I want him to drink and drink and drink until I lose this baby weight! LOL!!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock

Hi moms.

Janine, I have only had to cut S's toenails once and I did in with the nail clipper while she was on the changing table. It wasn't easy since she kicks a lot.. I cut her fingernails when I'm feeding her since she's pretty calm then. Perhaps your DH could do it while you're feeding?

DD, congrats on Hunter rolling over! I'm glad your appointment went well this morning. His height and weight sound good. Sage already weighs more than him at 3 months! She's such a porker... I hope I'm not feeding her too much! Sorry Hunter is not sleeping well. I have no advice for you since S has been totally random with her sleep habits at night too. She only woke up once night before last but was up every hour or two last night... sooo painful. Like you, I usually feed her if it's been at least 2 hours since she last ate even though I know she can go longer without food... I don't know what's right but I hope he starts sleeping better for you soon!

Mgal, Kyle is too cute! Great pic!

nyc, I'm glad you and J are doing better re the circ but sorry to hear you had a rough night!

Pandora, sorry to hear about your back pain returning! but I'm glad your angel baby is back!

mela, we miss you here - sorry Romeo's feeding schedule is so difficult!

Courtney, I'm glad Alila's sleeping so well at night but so sorry to hear about your mom's accident! How scary! It's nice that you're close by though and could go be with her after it happened.

jas, great idea regarding the swiffer pads! You'll have one very clean house!

Diva, sorry you can't TTC as soon as you had planned - that's a bummer!

ctd, I hope Lex's gas is better today!

Blen, Did George get better about eating last night? sorry he was so frustrating yesterday!

Neat, your boys are adorable! And you are one busy mama! I'm so impressed. I hope the offer letter comes tomorrow as scheduled!

Hi to everyone I might have missed

I am totally exhausted and still sick. Sage and I were home sick yesterday - poor girl couldn't breathe and we slept most of the day. The dr said she's probably doing better than I am which is good but she gave me an Rx to fill if she's not better in a couple of days. I had a fever of 101 the other night but she didn't seem to have one. Last night was brutal - she was up every hour or two. Nights are worse than days probably because she's lying flat on her back at night. I might try to put a towel or something under the mattress tonight to see if an incline helps. I just called her daycare to see how she is and they said that she slept all morning and is just getting her first bottle now so I guess she has made up for the lost sleep last night. Too bad I haven't!

I hope you're all well!
Mrs

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Ugh, last night was bad. Dh was in charge of making dinner (and I had done the hard part earlier in the day of actually making the pizza dough) and said that he would do it but kept dragging his feet and playing video games
20.gif
and so we ended up not eating until 10:30 at night. And that was about 6.5 hours since I had anything to eat, and 9.5 hours since I''d eaten a real meal, and I''d gone on a 4 mile walk in there, and I''m nursing, and so of course I was starving and crabby. And he told me that if I was going to react that strongly to not eating in that amount of time, then I needed to go get tested for diabetes. And George was incredibly fussy and wouldn''t go to sleep and it was just bad. I''ve been so tired today.

DD - yay for rolling over! Some of the hand chomping yesterday was like 3 hours after his last feed, so I figured it had to mean he was hungry. What''s pablum?

MustangGal - he''s just adorable!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
DD - I''m happy he did good with the shots for you!

Mrs - I hope you an Sage are feeling better soon, being sick sucks.

Blen - When I was bfing I couldn''t manage to go 3 hours without eating, so I totally know how you feel! I would have been ready to kill DH for not making dinner until 10:30! On the hand chomping, Kyle does that a lot too. I think it''s just a new discovery kind of thing. He also chomps on burp rags, my hair, bibs, the cat''s tail, and anything else that gets within range
3.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think pablum just means mushy grain cereal for babies. Usually rice is first. I found an organicbrown rice cereal so I am happy about that when the time comes. But not for a few more months!

And I would have throttled DH from here to kingdom come over something like that! What a pooper! But he is being a SAHD and that is hard sometimes, I know how it is. Parenting is just difficult isn''t it?

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
DD - Yay on rolling over! Time sure does fly...they grow up so fast!

Blen - I hope you get caught up on some rest. I saw your post on FB about your balloon. Too funny.

MGal - Kyle is adorable

Mrs - I hope you and Sage feel better!

Sorry for the short post. Alila was going much better on BFing today, but she gets so fussy in the evenings. We think she has reflux and her 8 week appointment isn''t until Monday. Dreamer, I forgot to thank you for the BFing advice. She was gettin fussy even after the milk let down. It was like she didn''t want it! She was much better today though and I start the Baby Boot Camp tomorrow where I''m supposed to try and feed her every 4 hours. I have no idea how that will work since it''s hard enough getting her to wait 3 hours sometimes.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hanging out
9.gif

jackiejon062309.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2009 12:04:17 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie

5.gif
20.gif
15.gif

20.gif

DD, can you fed him in the MIDDLE of the wake period? So basically AEASY. At the 4 month mark, it did get a little tricky because it was so easy previously in those smaller increments and as you are experiencing, Hunter is staying awake longer. Again, Amelia was on formula, so it might make a difference, but I just monitored what time she should be eating and fed her during those times, wherever they fell (as long as she wasn''t asleep.) By 4 months, her naps were also organized by times and if she slept later or woke up earlier, I tried to keep the scheduled feedings as close to their times as I could. She did really well on this.

Also, the longest period of wakefulness happens later on this the day. At 4 months, Amelia''s schedule looked something like this.

Wake at 7, feed then.
Nap at 9.
Wake at 10, feed then.
nap at 12.
Wake at 1, feed then.
Nap at 3 or 3:30.
Wake at 4, feed then.
Feed at 7
Bedtime after.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Holy cow NYC -- such cutie pies!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
just need to vent for a min so sorry for the me centered post:

I cannot sleep... I was up all night last night so I *need* sleep but I still cannot sleep. I just keep listening for my poor little girl's cry. She slept from 7:30 to 10:30 (like last night - and that was her longest stretch of sleep last night...) but has been up every 10 minutes crying since.. She really wants to suck on her pacifier but can't breath well through her little clogged nostrils so she spits it out to get a good breath and then cries because she wants it back in... She hates the little nasal suction thingy though when she's only half awake I can make it work but it's not getting anything out and she hates when I put the saline drops in her nose. I got her a humidifier today and propped up her mattress so that she's lying on an incline. I also rubbed a little vics "baby rub" on her chest but none of them seem to be helping and I just feel sooooo bad for her. And I cannot sleep. It's awful.
39.gif
And I feel like it's my fault for putting her in day care...

ETA: I got into bed at 9 to try to sleep to no avail and DH crawled in beside me at 10 and quickly fell asleep - so not fair.

Courtneylub

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Mrs...I''m so sorry you''re having a rough night. For starters, it''s NOT your fault. Don''t you dare beat yourself up...on top of being exhausted. It sounds like you''re doing everything you need to do. She WILL get better.

I''m up also. Alila slept through her 1-2am feeding and awoke for the 4am feeding, but now won''t go back to sleep. I have her in the swing, so I''m hoping she''ll doze off. I''m scared to move her to her bassinet though incase she wakes up.

My legs feel weak for some reason. Or restless. Can''t tell which. I bet I won''t fall right back asleep!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 1:17:00 AM
Author: jas
Holy cow NYC -- such cutie pies!
THANKS JAS!
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 2:01:20 AM
Author: Mrs
just need to vent for a min so sorry for the me centered post:

I cannot sleep... I was up all night last night so I *need* sleep but I still cannot sleep. I just keep listening for my poor little girl''s cry. She slept from 7:30 to 10:30 (like last night - and that was her longest stretch of sleep last night...) but has been up every 10 minutes crying since.. She really wants to suck on her pacifier but can''t breath well through her little clogged nostrils so she spits it out to get a good breath and then cries because she wants it back in... She hates the little nasal suction thingy though when she''s only half awake I can make it work but it''s not getting anything out and she hates when I put the saline drops in her nose. I got her a humidifier today and propped up her mattress so that she''s lying on an incline. I also rubbed a little vics ''baby rub'' on her chest but none of them seem to be helping and I just feel sooooo bad for her. And I cannot sleep. It''s awful.
39.gif
And I feel like it''s my fault for putting her in day care...

ETA: I got into bed at 9 to try to sleep to no avail and DH crawled in beside me at 10 and quickly fell asleep - so not fair.
so sorry S isnt feeling well
7.gif

not ur fault!!! ...my sis had the same dilema with daycare and then told herself. "cant prevent it"...same will happen in school and they have to go there. it will happen more often than not but its just smthg we all have to deal with. as long as she doesnt have a fever?...my lo''s have clogged nostrils all the time pretty much...i use the saline (whether they like it or not) and if i see boogies (not too far in) i use the kiddie qtips to wheel em out..if not the nasal sucky (again whethere they like or not) ...humidifier doesnt seem to be workin for me tho...i can imagine what it was like last nite..but hang in there mama hopefully today will be better...keep us posted!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the sympathy, Courtney and nyc, I know it''s not really my fault but that "mommy guilt" thing is hard to dodge even when you know it''s irrational. After I wrote that post last night, I ended up putting her in her swing since she couldn''t get comfortable in her crib and I slept on the couch next to her all night... At 3:20 I went to the pharmacy to fill her Rx since I had just fed her and she was still seeming so sick - really stuffed up, bad cough, green BMs, and now gunky eyes. I still feel rotten myself but I couldn''t not doing anything and I knew that I''d have to bring her with me if I went today since DH leaves for work at 6AM... It was so weird to be in that CVS at 3:30 in the morning... Anyway, I really hope she feels better today. I''m going to stay home with her again...

hope you''re all well
Mrs

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
nyc, they are such cutie pies!! I love that you get them all dressed up with shoes and everything. Adorable!!!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs Little kids get sick, there is nothing we can do about it! You are not to blame for daycare, them''s just the breaks! When Hunter''s nose was clogged I found BFing really helped because he would breath in really hard through his nose while latched and then swallow the milk/mucus, so it really cleared him out! Perhaps try using the saline and then BFing right away, which may help her to clear her nose herself?

TGal Hunter''s routine is a lot different than that, but I think I will definitely start making sure that when he is awake longer I feed him before he starts looking sleepy. He just feeds more often than a formula fed baby, I suspect. He also likes to have a cat nap in the early evening for about 45 minutes around 5pm! Seems crazy, but he needs it. When we try to eliminate it he sleeps terribly.

Court Babies also fuss when the milk let down is too strong! LOL! Could that be it? Is she choking or sputtering? I rerally hope it isn''t acid reflux but from what I read about that, it can come and go so it won''t necessarily be a permanent thing for Alila. I have not heard of the Baby Boot Camp book, but I have to be honest, I can''t imagine trying to feed Hunter only every 4 hours. He just needs to eat more often than that. During the day he feeds every 2 to 3 hours then at night only once in a 12 hour period. So in total he feeds about 6 to 8 times. The recommendation for Health Canada for BF babies is 6-8 feeds in a 24 hour period, which averages out to once every 4 hours, but with longer sleeping periods at night that means they really need to get their calories during the day! So if he only fed every 4 hours in the day then he would be hungry and wake more at night I am sure. I''m curious, why does the book tell you that you must only feed every 4 hours?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
NYC What little cuties! They sure do look alike, don''t they?

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks curly, DD!
...they look soooo much alike and their mannerisms are exactly the same...I mean their faces when they poop(hysterical btw), their cloggy noses, their sounds when they eat...omg just everything!...yeh the shoes are still big but had to give them the pic they deserve :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results