clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 10:23:34 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly

Date: 6/19/2009 8:01:43 PM
Author: dreamer_dachsie
We will also be paying around $1200 per month for our childcare when Hunter starts it...
WOW. It''s $105 here a week. For the good daycares in the county I work in. The county I live in is more ''metro'' or suburban and less rural, so it''s more here. But I want my baby within 5 minutes of me at work anyway. If I work after I have her/him.
You can get less expensive chaildcare in someone''s home, perhaps around $800. But I prefer the institutional daycare for early on. It feels more "monitored". But of course, we will be living in a city with higher costs for most things -- our first home will be around $475 000. Salaries are *somewhat* commensurate though.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 11:43:06 AM
Author: Pandora II
I was reading the replies in the Sleep Training thread - when you all talk about co-sleeping there, is that co-sleeping as in kid in your bed or as in kid in separate cot in your bedroom?

I''m planning on trying to do the first 6 months in with us (in own cot) and then move her to her own room (probably take that long for it to stop being part office, part junk room, part nursery). I was wondering how people manage the move? Did you just pick a day and move them in, or wait until you''ve been away for a few days with relatives or on holiday etc and then move them in so that it''s not a direct transition, or did you gradually wean them off sleeping in your room?
I think they all refer to sleeping in the same bed, but I think some of the same issues can arise with sleeping in the same room. I was a big advocate of room sharing, but it didn''t work for us. Actually, I think you should consider clearing out her room sooner rather than later. As she gets older and more aware of what is going on in the world, it will be harder to get her to sleep with you sleeping right next to her, or harder to get her to sleep with you NOT next to her! I used to really feel babies needed to be in the same room, but now I sort of think they sleep better when they have dark and quiet for their sleeps.

And great news on turning a corner! She will be a beast again, but the good days will get more common for sure!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
pandora- congrats on the sleeping!! we have to be very careful with the sleep gods
2.gif
lol.
i wish i could talk dh out of this but its a no compromising subject...i guess bc he had it done at 13 and he know how hard it was and painful so he wouldnt want his son to go thru that later in life. i decided im gonna go shopping tom and do my nails etc...let them have their bris and party or w.e. dont care...my sis will be regulating and dh will be there to take jon once its done.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
This daycare discussion is making me feel really good about our daycare!!
3.gif
We live in the Midwest and she only goes part time so that all plays a part but OH MY to daycare expenses!!!

CDT~Yay for a good night!! Intolerance to dairy is very common in infants. So glad the soy seems to be working!!

CDT and NYC~The mylicon never worked for T. However there are some all natural drops that did. If you want to check them out I''m sure I can find the website.

Pandora~hurray for improved sleeping!!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Burk - if you can track down the website, i''d be interested in the drops you used. I don''t really think the mylicon is working, but we''re sticking w/ it for now.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pandora, I'll keep praying to the sleep gods for you...isn't it amazing what it does for your mental health?
36.gif
I thnk that's why I am so pro-sleep conditioning. I remember clearly what if felt like to be insanely sleep deprived and also remember how WONDERFUL it was when Amelia started getting conditioned for scheduled sleep. I remember thinking, every mother should get a nice break like this. I suppose I just want to share the wealth.

Date: 6/20/2009 12:02:12 PM

I think they all refer to sleeping in the same bed, but I think some of the same issues can arise with sleeping in the same room. I was a big advocate of room sharing, but it didn't work for us. Actually, I think you should consider clearing out her room sooner rather than later. As she gets older and more aware of what is going on in the world, it will be harder to get her to sleep with you sleeping right next to her, or harder to get her to sleep with you NOT next to her! I used to really feel babies needed to be in the same room, but now I sort of think they sleep better when they have dark and quiet for their sleeps.

And great news on turning a corner! She will be a beast again, but the good days will get more common for sure!
DD, this amuses me, in a good, laughing with you kind of way. I consider you a smart cookie, but I so remember how you were an advocate of co-sleeping and I'm thinking, hm...I think for so many it's all good in THEORY. I still send you big kudos for going with what was right for Hunter and your family vs sticking with a philosophy that might not ahve worked - especially since I know you were given a bit of guilt for it.

But this is great...I have a partner in crime in the sleep training area!
9.gif

ETA Pandora, my recommendation would be to move her some time between now now and 4 months, the earlier being easier. Amelia transitioned easily at 6 weeks. Somehow, by the time they hit 5 or 6 months, they seem to really know what's up and it's harder. Other ladies here transitioned fine at around the 4 month mark.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
cdt~We used this. It seemed to help much more than mylicon. Worth a shot.

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 3:19:23 PM
Author: Burk
3.gif
We live in the Midwest and she only goes part time so that all plays a part but OH MY to daycare expenses!!!

CDT~Yay for a good night!! Intolerance to dairy is very common in infants. So glad the soy seems to be working!!

CDT and NYC~The mylicon never worked for T. However there are some all natural drops that did. If you want to check them out I''m sure I can find the website.

was it the boiron company drops? they are called cocyntal (colic relief homeopathic drops)...they are sold at BRU and pharmacies...a lot of ppl swear by them,....they werent as helpful for me as the mylicon but still worked pretty well.
www.boironusa.com

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 3:34:47 PM
o ok we posted at the same time
9.gif
but these seem like gripe water that is sold at BRU just a different brand...i use gripe water to stop the hiccups and it works in an instant (they cant fall asleep with hiccups)

jas

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all -- just back from my bro''s wedding (and the surrounding hooplah)...hope all is well.

Boys were the hits of the brunch this morning (didn''t bring them to the wedding so this was the first time many OOT friends/family met them). Now they are pooped and sleeping. Yea!

NYC -- I had the bris at home. Again, it was fine! I''m sorry this is causing so much anxiety for you. I wish I could reassure you. I do think the baby will pick up on any anxiety from any adult, especially mom! Also, and I''m NOT telling you what to do, but you may want to think about being there at least for the stuff before and after the procedure. It''s actually a lovely "Welcome to the world!" ceremony, aunts and uncles and relatives are asked to give special blessings to the baby and promise to care for him and his well being, which is why traditionally it''s a big ol'' family affair (and why your DH''s relative may be all wigged out about not being there.) No one really can see during the procedure, as the mohel will do whatever he needs to do to ensure baby''s privacy and dignity.

I promise I am not trying to confuse the issue, but I do want to point out that the bris is much more than the circ. That''s just the "Hard for Mommy" part, and I totally agree you should step out for that if you are this sad about i, and it does seem that this is really upsetting you quite a bit.

Whatever you do, I send lots of hugs to you!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
at the boiron site...u need to put COCYNTAL in the search and it comes up otherwise couldnt find it there
2.gif
good stuff

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 5:09:56 PM
Author: jas

Hi all -- just back from my bro''s wedding (and the surrounding hooplah)...hope all is well.

Boys were the hits of the brunch this morning (didn''t bring them to the wedding so this was the first time many OOT friends/family met them). Now they are pooped and sleeping. Yea!

NYC -- I had the bris at home. Again, it was fine! I''m sorry this is causing so much anxiety for you. I wish I could reassure you. I do think the baby will pick up on any anxiety from any adult, especially mom! Also, and I''m NOT telling you what to do, but you may want to think about being there at least for the stuff before and after the procedure. It''s actually a lovely ''Welcome to the world!'' ceremony, aunts and uncles and relatives are asked to give special blessings to the baby and promise to care for him and his well being, which is why traditionally it''s a big ol'' family affair (and why your DH''s relative may be all wigged out about not being there.) No one really can see during the procedure, as the mohel will do whatever he needs to do to ensure baby''s privacy and dignity.

I promise I am not trying to confuse the issue, but I do want to point out that the bris is much more than the circ. That''s just the ''Hard for Mommy'' part, and I totally agree you should step out for that if you are this sad about i, and it does seem that this is really upsetting you quite a bit.

Whatever you do, I send lots of hugs to you!

35.gif
hey Jas...hope the wedding was fun!

thanks again for the reassurance it really does mean a lot for me to hear about other successful at home stories but....and here it come lol...

i hate the whole ceremony thing in itself ! i literally am not into that mumbo jumbo, im not religious and i hate having to follow some traditions at the sake of my baby.i dont think its a joyous occasion and i literally dont want ppl to be there celebrating as my son is having a medical procedure and in pain and discomfort ...this may sound weird to many?? does it? its just such a weird feeling i have and i will not be there at any point of the ceremony or procedure (im not leaving my son but i cant stand to see him in pain...if i was there i would literally never forget that sound of cry for the rest of my life...i am confident that dh will take him right away and comfort him). Dh is mad at me for leaving tom but i will do what i have to for my sanity, i feel its fair since im against this whole thing in the first place...let it be done but i will not be there nor will i allow a crowd to assemble to watch it. i just cant wait to get this over with...i have to clean but i have no desire to bc i feel like i dont wanna help in this process in any way...again seems weird?
33.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 5:05:59 PM
Author: nycbkgirl
Date: 6/20/2009 3:34:47 PM

o ok we posted at the same time
9.gif
but these seem like gripe water that is sold at BRU just a different brand...i use gripe water to stop the hiccups and it works in an instant (they cant fall asleep with hiccups)

Should have mentioned earlier, yes you are right it is a gripe water. And we thought it was a miracle for hiccups too! This particular one I posted is the only one we could find that was all herbal and all natural. We don't have a BRU close but maybe they have a gripe water that is all natural, too, we just couldn't find one in our city. It can help with things other than hiccups such as gas pains. Here they talk about the difference between this brand and others, specifically listing other ingredients in other gripe waters.

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 5:04:40 PM
Date: 6/20/2009 3:19:23 PM

3.gif

was it the boiron company drops? they are called cocyntal (colic relief homeopathic drops)...they are sold at BRU and pharmacies...a lot of ppl swear by them,....they werent as helpful for me as the mylicon but still worked pretty well.

www.boironusa.com
This is interesting. I have never heard of these but LOVE that they''re homeopathic. I''m bookmarking for the next baby!!
2.gif

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 5:18:55 PM
35.gif
hey Jas...hope the wedding was fun!

thanks again for the reassurance it really does mean a lot for me to hear about other successful at home stories but....and here it come lol...

i hate the whole ceremony thing in itself ! i literally am not into that mumbo jumbo, im not religious and i hate having to follow some traditions at the sake of my baby.i dont think its a joyous occasion and i literally dont want ppl to be there celebrating as my son is having a medical procedure and in pain and discomfort ...this may sound weird to many?? does it? its just such a weird feeling i have and i will not be there at any point of the ceremony or procedure (im not leaving my son but i cant stand to see him in pain...if i was there i would literally never forget that sound of cry for the rest of my life...i am confident that dh will take him right away and comfort him). Dh is mad at me for leaving tom but i will do what i have to for my sanity, i feel its fair since im against this whole thing in the first place...let it be done but i will not be there nor will i allow a crowd to assemble to watch it. i just cant wait to get this over with...i have to clean but i have no desire to bc i feel like i dont wanna help in this process in any way...again seems weird?
33.gif
Not weird at all, but very normal!

My OB friend who is 21 weeeks pg had the exact same dilemma coming up - she is jewish but her husband is not which caused huge family rows and many of her relatives refused to attend the wedding. Her grandfather before he died made her promise that she would have any male children circumcised and brought up in her faith. Her husband is not at all happy about the former - and is thrilled that they found out yesterday that they are having a girl and so the dilemma is avoided for now.

DH and I are both atheists and secular humanists - his mother is married to an Anglican priest and is being ordained herself next month and his father's family run the whole range from bacon-eating liberals to strict orthodox.

We come up against relatives' religious practices on a regular basis. For example, while we have no problem with attending church weddings and funerals we won't attend christenings as we feel that this should be a decision made by the individual - you can't get un-baptised. I know as I've tried, and it really annoys me that I will forever be a church statistic and classed as a member of that religion purely because my parents - who are merely 'cultural christians' rather than believers - went along with tradition and looked at it more as a party with gifts, the family christening gown and happy grandmothers.

Everytime we write and decline attending a christening the same old row happens where they all get upset with us and say that they accepted our civil wedding ceremony so why can't we accept their child's baptism and no-one seems to get it when we say that we consented to our ceremony, their child hasn't had that opportunity...

I screamed throughout my christening, so my mother didn't hear any of it, she listened at my next sister's and lets just say that my brother and youngest sister were not baptised. My brother had an adult baptism when he was 25 and had put a lot of thought into his personal beliefs.

Obviously a baptism is not the same as a circumcision, but it is a permanency that I was not given a say in and that was carried out purely for the sake of tradition and to appease certain relatives.

I accept that for many people these rituals have deep and significant meaning and I respect that the vast majority of parents will make the choices that they feel are best for their child together, but you are in the situation where you and your DH have views that clash on one particular issue, you have accepted his wishes, but that doesn't mean that you don't have every right to act in the way you see fit and if that means choosing to absent yourself and not have something that you find upsetting made into a big celebration then I think that is fine. Big hugs to you!

ETA: I don't intend any offence to those who have differing views on the subject and for whom the subject is an important part of their culture, but it saddens me that NYC wonders if she is weird to feel as she does and would like to validate her feelings as someone who would share them.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 6:02:34 PM

I accept that for many people these rituals have deep and significant meaning and I respect that the vast majority of parents will make the choices that they feel are best for their child together, but you are in the situation where you and your DH have views that clash on one particular issue, you have accepted his wishes, but that doesn''t mean that you don''t have every right to act in the way you see fit and if that means choosing to absent yourself and not have something that you find upsetting made into a big celebration then I think that is fine. Big hugs to you!

ETA: I don''t intend any offence to those who have differing views on the subject and for whom the subject is an important part of their culture, but it saddens me that NYC wonders if she is weird to feel as she does and would like to validate her feelings as someone who would share them.
It saddens me as well...I hope, NYC, that you do not think I was invalidating your feelings. You are not weird for feeling what you feel. I guess I was attempting to alleviate some of your stress. In no way did I want to make you feel worse or appear insensitive to the situation.

Also, please know that the decision to circumsize my boys, and any future sons we may have, was a very serious decision and one we also believe we made in the best interest of our childen. I do not think it was barbarous or a decision that will damage my sons. I also want to say that for some of us, it is not "mumbo jumbo" or appeasement -- and yes, I am a highly educated liberal gal.

Obviously this is a highly personal decision and the wonderful thing about the mommies here on PS is that none of us take our parenting decisions lightly.

Best of luck tomorrow nyc

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 6:19:33 PM
Author: jas

Date: 6/20/2009 6:02:34 PM

I accept that for many people these rituals have deep and significant meaning and I respect that the vast majority of parents will make the choices that they feel are best for their child together, but you are in the situation where you and your DH have views that clash on one particular issue, you have accepted his wishes, but that doesn''t mean that you don''t have every right to act in the way you see fit and if that means choosing to absent yourself and not have something that you find upsetting made into a big celebration then I think that is fine. Big hugs to you!

ETA: I don''t intend any offence to those who have differing views on the subject and for whom the subject is an important part of their culture, but it saddens me that NYC wonders if she is weird to feel as she does and would like to validate her feelings as someone who would share them.
It saddens me as well...I hope, NYC, that you do not think I was invalidating your feelings. You are not weird for feeling what you feel. I guess I was attempting to alleviate some of your stress. In no way did I want to make you feel worse or appear insensitive to the situation.

Also, please know that the decision to circumsize my boys, and any future sons we may have, was a very serious decision and one we also believe we made in the best interest of our childen. I do not think it was barbarous or a decision that will damage my sons. I also want to say that for some of us, it is not ''mumbo jumbo'' or appeasement -- and yes, I am a highly educated liberal gal.

Obviously this is a highly personal decision and the wonderful thing about the mommies here on PS is that none of us take our parenting decisions lightly.

Best of luck tomorrow nyc

jas- no no i would never think u invalidated my feelings...i love it here bc we are all so different..i was just sharing my feelings personally and i would never think ur choices are wrong or uneducated! i absolutley value ur opinion and think u are smart and funny and i am so happy u took time out and shared ur story with me and it really did make me feel better! and the ''mumbo jumbo'' comment was also my personal feeling i hope it doesnt offend anyone bc i feel we all can share our feelings honestly. its a serious event for those who believe and it is to most of my family as well...they think my sis, bff and i are very weird bc we made our own personal decision about it and didnt just follow tradition...thats y i asked if it sounded weird to anyone else. i do believe that doing it is not a major deal ..it heals quick etc but i personally just cant fathom it. i would never ever think its barbarous or damaging but i think it smthg that isnt necessary and its just a choice thing ..to do or not to do. i srysly hope ur not upset at my words bc i was just expressing myself
7.gif

pandora- i totally agree that each individual should make their own choice whether it be religion based or otherwise. im not a religious person so i base my decisions on other factors and knowledge. i also agree that u can be brought up a certain way (parents way) but when u grow up u should be able to make ur own decisions about life, religion etc. i would never force my views or traditions on my kids as my family has done...i guess we are just a different gneration, my fam thinks we are koookooo but oh well, i accept everyones opinions and views even if they think mine are wrong or bad. my aunt is very upset that we arent having a big party etc...and im like how can u be mad atme believing smthg the way i do or feeling smthg the way i feel?? just so odd to me...but like i said diff generation , to them these traditions were passed down and thats how they must continue...without any contrary thoughts or opinions. i am sad that i cant make this decision for my son but i love my DH dearly and he is the best dad and i will let him do this bc he feels strongly about it (not bc of religion but bc its "healthier") and thats fine. but i will do whatever i want tom and not take part if thats what i feel and if they think thats odd, so be it.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
32.gif
I am so far behind. It is uncomfortable for me to sit at our computer so I''ve been slack on keeping up.

James is doing great - I can''t believe that he''s going to be 1 in like two weeks! The party planning is underway. He''s not walking yet but is really good at cruising along the furniture. He''s still only got 4 teeth and is not eating anything beyond 2nd foods
20.gif
My SIL came into town for a few days and watched him overnight while DH and I went to a Phish concert 3 hours away. It was our first time being away from him for that long but it was okay. He was in good hands and was such an angel for her. He was tuckered out when we got home this evening.

My blood clot is starting to disolve - my INR was at 2.0 on Friday a.m. so we know the blood thinners are working. I will be on the one medication for at least 6 months and have to wear compression stockings for a year (sexy!). I am now allowed to start walking but my ankle and calf muscles are so tight. I am going to look into PT to see if that might help get me on my feet faster.

BURK - Congrats!

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
hey DIVA
35.gif

wow time flies...almost the big ONE! i cant wait for that milestone...big party indeed. and congrats on getting a night away...u miss them but its still nice to get some alone time. good news about blood clot, hope it goes away for good!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I have brought down the wrath of the sleep gods upon me...
15.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 7:08:21 AM
15.gif

Oh no! You and Daisy okay, Pandora? Sending you sleepy vibrations in the hopes that they help!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
15.gif
It always works like that. Everytime I "brag" about H''s sleep he has a bad night.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2009 3:33:52 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Date: 6/20/2009 12:02:12 PM

I think they all refer to sleeping in the same bed, but I think some of the same issues can arise with sleeping in the same room. I was a big advocate of room sharing, but it didn''t work for us. Actually, I think you should consider clearing out her room sooner rather than later. As she gets older and more aware of what is going on in the world, it will be harder to get her to sleep with you sleeping right next to her, or harder to get her to sleep with you NOT next to her! I used to really feel babies needed to be in the same room, but now I sort of think they sleep better when they have dark and quiet for their sleeps.

DD, this amuses me, in a good, laughing with you kind of way. I consider you a smart cookie, but I so remember how you were an advocate of co-sleeping and I''m thinking, hm...I think for so many it''s all good in THEORY. I still send you big kudos for going with what was right for Hunter and your family vs sticking with a philosophy that might not ahve worked - especially since I know you were given a bit of guilt for it.

But this is great...I have a partner in crime in the sleep training area!
9.gif
Yeah, I have never really been a idiologue about any belief system. Co-sleeping makesa lot of sense but somehow it didn''t translate into practice for many poeple that I know. The women I know who ended up truly co-sleeping with their babies in bed with them usually did so out of necessity, because they had a baby who needed that closeness in those early weeks or months. Others seemed to transfer baby to his or her own room within the first 4 months. My mom had me room share with her and my dad for a very very long time. But then she also said it was a nightmare to move me when I was almost 2
20.gif

There just seems to me to be no right or wrong answer with so many aspects of parenting! Some things I believed beforehand have held true -- I knew I would BF, I knew roughly the type of responsive parent I wanted to be -- but all the rest has been an interesting revelation!

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Happy Father''s Day (to those of you who celebrate it), Mammas!

Diva, I''m glad to hear you''re on the mend but sorry that you have to be on medication for so long. That''s great that James is doing well and that he''s almost 1 year old! Congrats!

nyc, I''ll be thinking of you today. I hope the circ goes well and that you were able to get some good rest last night.

jas, I hope the wedding went well! I''m glad the boys were such a hit at the brunch!

cdt, I hope you had an okay night last night and that the Grip water/drops Burk and nyc suggested helps!

Blen, totally count me in on the naked campaign!

35.gif
DD, Mgal, Mela, Tgal, Burk, fisher, and everyone else!

All''s well with me though I think Sage did actually get that cold I had. Her little nose is kinda clogged and she was up a bunch last night. I brought her in the bathroom and made it all steamy for her at 3AM and again when she woke up. Poor girl - she seems in good spirits now though.

She made a Father''s Day card for DH at day care. It has her little footprint in it and has a cute poem that they cut out and pasted in there about walking in daddy''s footsteps. We gave that to him and we sang "You''re the greatest Daddy in the world" for him this morning which is a song my brother and I learned in school when we were little for Fathers day. It made me cry to sing it since I haven''t sung it to anyone since my father passed away 18 years ago....

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!

Mrs

Anyway, I hope you all have a

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 10:43:15 AM
Author: Mrs
Happy Father''s Day (to those of you who celebrate it), Mammas!

All''s well with me though I think Sage did actually get that cold I had. Her little nose is kinda clogged and she was up a bunch last night. I brought her in the bathroom and made it all steamy for her at 3AM and again when she woke up. Poor girl - she seems in good spirits now though.

She made a Father''s Day card for DH at day care. It has her little footprint in it and has a cute poem that they cut out and pasted in there about walking in daddy''s footsteps. We gave that to him and we sang ''You''re the greatest Daddy in the world'' for him this morning which is a song my brother and I learned in school when we were little for Fathers day. It made me cry to sing it since I haven''t sung it to anyone since my father passed away 18 years ago....

Anyway, I hope you all have a great day!

Mrs

Anyway, I hope you all have a
Hello Mrs! Thanks for asking about the wedding. I swear my family just loves to bring the drama. I''m glad it''s over and I''m glad my brother is happy. Everything else is just ridiculous stuff that makes me a better comic actor/writer.
37.gif

I''m so sorry lil'' Sage is feeling clogged. I always hate using those nasal bulb things. I think I''m going to suck their little brains out through their nostrils.

Your Father''s Day story was so sweet...made me well up a bit.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
hey ladies! it was an okay night, he just was up a lot to feed...i swear this kid is always hungry, but it''s more like he wants to eat every 3 hours, takes an hour to feed and burp, then fall asleep. So he sleeps for 2 hours and the cycle starts again...at least that''s what happened yesterday and so far today looks the same. So not much sleep for us last night. But he seems less cranky/fussy, so that''s a good thing!

Question for the ladies who delivered vaginally - Did any of you have pain/numbness in the tailbone area after birth? It''s been nearly 3 weeks and my tailbone is still REALLY bothering me. The more I sit, the worse it is. And unless I''m imagining it, I could swear I feel bones pop or something back there when I switch positions. It sucks! I want to start working out ASAP, but just the walks we''ve been doing seems to bother it more. It also hurts when I''ve been sitting for a little bit and have to get up. Any thoughts?

Burk - thanks for the suggestion on the drops, I''ll give it a go!

NYC - hope everything goes well today!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 1:19:07 PM
Author: cdt1101
hey ladies! it was an okay night, he just was up a lot to feed...i swear this kid is always hungry, but it''s more like he wants to eat every 3 hours, takes an hour to feed and burp, then fall asleep. So he sleeps for 2 hours and the cycle starts again...at least that''s what happened yesterday and so far today looks the same. So not much sleep for us last night. But he seems less cranky/fussy, so that''s a good thing!

Question for the ladies who delivered vaginally - Did any of you have pain/numbness in the tailbone area after birth? It''s been nearly 3 weeks and my tailbone is still REALLY bothering me. The more I sit, the worse it is. And unless I''m imagining it, I could swear I feel bones pop or something back there when I switch positions. It sucks! I want to start working out ASAP, but just the walks we''ve been doing seems to bother it more. It also hurts when I''ve been sitting for a little bit and have to get up. Any thoughts?
Hey cdt... the feeding pattern your describe is unfortunately totally normal!
9.gif
Lex is only a few weeks old, right? Babies that age basically eat all the time and yup it sure does suck!

I had a VB and I damaged my tailbone during delivery and I have ALL the exact same issues you describe! It will slowly get better, but I admit that even now at 4 months pp it still bothers me sometimes. Actually, the whole pelvic region loosens and shifts and I have had issues with my pelvis since H was born. For me, it took about a month of walking daily for my pelvic floor muscles to get strong enough so that I wasn''t sore and tired after a short walk! But I was essentially bed ridden for the last 5 weeks and I think that didn''t help. I was told not to excercise strenuously for 6 weeks and I think that advise is good. There is a lot of relaxin hormone in your system after birth and you can injure yourself. But walking is okay, so maybe start doing that daily if you haven''t.

So yup, sorry about the tailbone! Give it 6 months to heal
3.gif
Apparently that is how long it *really* takes your body to heal and get back to normal after birth.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/21/2009 10:18:12 AM

15.gif
It always works like that. Everytime I ''brag'' about H''s sleep he has a bad night.
LOL, I knew it would happen!

It was probably my fault - she was up nearly all day yesterday and so instead of keeping her awake for a few hours before bed time I made the most of her finally falling asleep even thought it was about two hours before I went to bed. I thought I''d just pop her in her cot asleep and then she''d wake up an hour later...

No chance, beady little eyes open straight away and wanted to get up, feed and then play - which involved me bouncing her up and down and then rocking with her on the rocking chair - I''d get her drowsy, go back to the bedroom to put her down and 10 seconds later... off we go again. I finally got her to drop off at 3.30 am, then she was up again at 4.45am and again at 6.30am when it was apparently playtime. I got my first huge smile this morning though - and I melted and forgave her
20.gif

Got very annoyed with DH who woke up at 7.30 - I asked him if he''d take her for half an hour just so I could have a bit of time without her. What does he do, just lie her over him and read his book. Of course she starts crying as she likes inter-action and after 15 minutes I can''t take anymore and have her back - and get really pi$$ed off with DH for not being bothered to play with her. He was commenting on her starting to smile and make little ''talking'' type noises - yeah, maybe that''s because I spend HOURS everyday just trying to amuse her and making noise back...
20.gif

We went plant shopping at a garden centre an hour and a half outside London, D was an angel when we got there for a whole 3 hours, but screamed without a pause the whole way there and the whole way back. Why does my child hate the car so much? She was in such a state when we got home that her clothes were soaking wet and steam coming off them - so we had a nice bath and now she''s zonked out on my knee. Hooray!

CDT - I''m afraid the feeding thing is just how it goes... D is the same only she''s a superfast eater and so we''re normally done in 20 minutes and the gap is longer (except in the daytime she doesn''t go to sleep in between at all. You''ll also get days where they seem to just want to permanently eat and then aren''t that interested when you offer it - drives you bonkers... I''m glad he''s less fussy though.

Lots of people seem to get the tailbone thing - you''ve had a rough time with pain before the birth, so sounds a bit much that you get landed with this one as well...
29.gif

I''m definitely noticing the relaxin starting to wear off - my back problems that were much better when I was pg are starting to come back again and it''s looking like I''ve got some extra damage as the nerve pain is back and my usual cocktail isn''t working like it used to, which is a complete nightmare as it took years to find it. Luckily I''m seeing the pain consultant on the 1st July so I''ll see if he has any ideas. I so hoped that maybe the birth might shift things in a good way - no such luck.
39.gif

Mrs - Sorry to hear about the cold, poor Sage it must be miserable when you are tiny and can''t even blow your own nose
15.gif

Diva - great news on the blood clot! Ugh on the TED stockings though, they are just SO attractive! I wore the knee-high version for the last 6 weeks of pregnancy and had the thigh-high ones for 3 months after my last back op, so I know exactly how delightful they are! Do yours have the really annoying bit at the end for your toes to poke out that always gets in the wrong place? Commiserations!

DD - I get your way of thinking totally on parenting philosophies. Before sprog arrives it''s easy to have a plan of how things will be and you read the books and think ''yup, this is the system for me'' - then you get this real live little person who has their own ideas and doesn''t co-operate with your system and something has to give!

I wasn''t going to worry about sleep training for a good few months, but having seen the stamina that Daisy has when it comes to screaming in the car there is no way on earth that I want to have to do CIO with her in the future, so good habits need to start to be learnt asap!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thanks DD - yup, I know Lex is normal
3.gif
It''s just tiring! But I''d much rather him wake to eat, then be up crying in pain like earlier this week!!

Thanks for the info on the tailbone! I figured it''s just going to take time! Just sucks because I''m sooooooooooo ready to get back to the gym! I was pretty much on bedrest the last 2 months of pregnancy, so I''m tired of being lazy...hehee......but slow and steady i guess
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone...will try to get to everyone later as I am still upset n pooped....
So I ran out the house this mornin (didn''t even take a shower)...I went to macys to try and get myself the new coach bag I want but our stinky macys only had the sample and was dirty so I was bummed but will order it online..its sooo purty :)
After that went to my jewler and talked with them for a while to relieve anxiety and decided on a bracelet for myself n sis..retail therapy...can''t beat it!
Then our close friend called and asked where I was..so I felt bad leavin them there so I came home when it was over...sis said he only cried when moehl numbed the area and not during the snip itself ..which relieved me..but afterwards he''s been cryin his head off....I couldn''t stand being in the apt with their "celebration" underway and my baby in pain...I went outside and I told dh he has baby duty and he is fine with that. My inlaws think im the biggest biatch but I don''t care ....I duno how to have them calm him down...im just shaking still (at my sisters place..right next door)

Thanks everyone for the support thru this really tough time for me.

Pandora- same situation with the sleep over here!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results