carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 12:19:58 PM
Author: EBree

Unrelated to, well, anything: How crazy am I? I love the Xmas stockings from Pottery Barn this year, and was thinking of ordering some personalized ones for us AFTER Xmas when they''re on super sale. Thinking of ordering one for DH, DS and me, and the crazy part- future DS/DD? So they''ll all match? I could order one of each, embroidered with the names we''ve chosen. Or not. Feel free to call me nutty.
26.gif

Lol you had me until the ordering one of each! I do think that part might be a bit crazy. How about ordering 1 or 2 (however many kids you want) extra stockings and then having it embroidered later? There are always places locally that will embroider and PB''s fonts are usually pretty standard.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 11:20:19 AM
Author: dcgator

Date: 12/3/2009 5:34:18 PM
Author: fiery
Kaleigh-I don''t know the history of the preggo/mommy threads but all I can say is that I absolutely appreciate the preggo thread so much.

I''m actually starting the task of copying my posts onto a document and saving them. My entire pregnancy journey is documented there and I love going back and reading my thoughts!

It''s crazy that my journey started on page 431 and they are on page 825 now! Just a testament to how great that thread is
16.gif

Fiery - Your little princess is absolutely adorable, Congrats!

DH and I are going to start TTC in the next few months, so I have been poking around in here. Hopefully, you will be able to share some baby advice like you gave me wedding advice. It seems like forever ago, but so much has happened since we first chatted.

Again, congrats on the goregous DD and looking forward to talking to you soon!
dcgator! That''s very exciting to hear!! Good luck on your journey!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
China--Snow??
32.gif
. You can come visit me if you get tired of it. It''s 80 today
16.gif
. That''s great that O only woke up once last night. Maybe he''s fixing himself! Ha!

Ebree-Poor Henry and poor you
7.gif
. The Stocking thing is something that I would do too lol! LOL!

We experimented with an earlier bedtime yesterday. She went down around 7:45/8ish. She woke at 1:20 to eat and then again at 6am on the nose. I didn''t give her a bottle though when she fell asleep, I just nursed so that''s probably why she gave me 5 hours instead of the 7 she did before but hey, I''ll take it!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 12:42:12 PM
Author: neatfreak

Unrelated to, well, anything: How crazy am I? I love the Xmas stockings from Pottery Barn this year, and was thinking of ordering some personalized ones for us AFTER Xmas when they''re on super sale. Thinking of ordering one for DH, DS and me, and the crazy part- future DS/DD? So they''ll all match? I could order one of each, embroidered with the names we''ve chosen. Or not. Feel free to call me nutty.
26.gif

Lol you had me until the ordering one of each! I do think that part might be a bit crazy. How about ordering 1 or 2 (however many kids you want) extra stockings and then having it embroidered later? There are always places locally that will embroider and PB''s fonts are usually pretty standard.

i bought pb stockings 2 years ago when they went on super sale after xmas. i didn''t get them embroidered because like neatfreak said, i could always do them later locally. 2 years ago, they sold out of the red ones, so i bought 2 white and 2green ones thinking i could pick up the red the following year. even the sales lady said they seem to carry them each year. don''t you know last year the didn''t have the stockings at all? i was bummed. this year they came back with the red and the white. i thought i''d wait for them to go on sale. well now they are GONE. i''m super bummed.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- It NEVER snows here. Usually quite warm until Jan/Feb. I am loving it though!

Ebree- You poor thing. Amazing to me that Henry knows that "no" is something bad! I don''t think O would react yet if I said no to him. Don''t worry, he isn''t mad at you! Are you back in Big D for the holidays? I was just there over Thanksgiving. Wish I could meet Henry! And you of course.
2.gif
Hmmm on the stockings. I personally would buy them for the three of you and either buy an unmonogrammed one or wait, but I am weird about jinxing things. They are super cute though, my SIL surprised us and sent us one for Oliver- the train one. I just ordered the plain red/white ones for me and DH.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Oh That reminds me

Ebree How in the world have I not found you on FB???

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Fiery- I''m friends with both of you on FB, if that helps. Hope Ebree doesn''t mind that I just pointed that out!!! Won''t give any clues without her ok though. But I bet you could figure it out Fiery!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
China and Ebree I don't think I have you guys either or am I experiencing mommy brain? I am friends with most of the other moms on here though and the boys are my avatar if you come find me!

ETA: Ebree I might have found you-or else I just messaged someone else from PS thinking it was you!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Neat, we aren''t friends on FB, but I''m coming to find you. Need to see pics of your boys!!!! So be on the lookout for me. My pic is of Oliver wearing an orange shirt next to a football.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Found you China!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Neat, found you too! I think. How did you get that amazing pic of your boys??? So cool.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
And I totally just sent a friend request to someone where Ebree lives thinking it was her...I am a moron. Hopefully it is still someone from PS! Lol.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 1:17:07 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Neat, found you too! I think. How did you get that amazing pic of your boys??? So cool.

Our wedding photog took it! She is fantastic and took some pics of the boys a few months ago for us.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Neat, she did an awesome job. I really want to get pro pics taken of O, I can''t get any good ones of him. Think I''ll wait till he''s a bit older though. I love that you love ellipses...me too.
3.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 1:21:59 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Neat, she did an awesome job. I really want to get pro pics taken of O, I can''t get any good ones of him. Think I''ll wait till he''s a bit older though. I love that you love ellipses...me too.
3.gif

Hehe. I might love them a little too much. I certainly overuse them!

We had professional ones taken at 4months, 9 months, and will have them done at 1 year too. Our photog recommended that sequence and it''s been great so far.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
We''re getting pro pics of Sophia tomorrow. Well, I use "pro" loosely since it''s my friend''s husband that just started his photog business. They are doing it as a gift =D

I want to get her kids something though and have no idea what to get! Her daughter is I think 7 or 8 months and her son is 3. If you guys have any idea, let me know TIA!

As for the pics, don''t know what we''re going to do yet. I bought her these really funky but cute reindeer socks that I''ll pair with a red shirt and take a couple of pics that way, maybe I''ll do a dress, and maybe a Santa hat with a white onesie. Don''t know. If you guys have ideas for this too, I''d love to hear it!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
We''re doing pro pics for the 1st time tomorrow too!! Can''t wait...although my little monkey is a little sick, so we''ll see how he is tomorrow.

I''m doing one outfit, then one w/ just a diaper cover w/ matching hat....I found this lady on Etsy that makes diaper covers/cloth diapers and hats out of adult sweaters!! Too cute! Can''t wait for the photoshoot!

I''m on FB too if anyone wants to find me
9.gif
I''m friends w/ Fiery and Robbie already.

E B

Ideal_Rock
China- I don't think it was the NO he responded to as much as the tone. A couple of times, I actually went "OW!" instead of NO (whoops) and it scared him. Our nursing sessions are usually pretty quiet since he gets distracted so easily these days. And how funny is it that you and I asked neat the exact same question about that photo? Though I asked her on FB.

Thank you all for the input on the stockings! The names wouldn't be an issue (we can only agree on ONE girl name, and finally decided on one of two we liked for a second boy) but it is a pretty odd idea. I'm SO tempted though. We'll see just how much they're marked down before I decide!
3.gif

fiery, I just sent you a FB friend request, and I'm now friends with neat. I'll do a quick check of friends lists to see if I recognize any babies, because I don't think know any (real) names.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I hoped it worked. It says confirmed but then it said "connection couldn''t be established" on my phone so I don''t know what''s going on lol

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 3:33:56 PM
Yay! I hoped it worked. It says confirmed but then it said ''connection couldn''t be established'' on my phone so I don''t know what''s going on lol

It worked! And it suggested a few other people from PS I recognized, including Robbie...but I couldn''t get her page to come up. Maybe a FB glitch?

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
question: I just created a "pricescope" facebook account to better keep up with all the moms and moms-to-be, but I''m having a hard time tracking anyone down. How are you ladies finding each other. My name is my account name here.

Thanks
35.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 3:46:28 PM

Date: 12/4/2009 3:33:56 PM
Yay! I hoped it worked. It says confirmed but then it said ''connection couldn''t be established'' on my phone so I don''t know what''s going on lol

It worked! And it suggested a few other people from PS I recognized, including Robbie...but I couldn''t get her page to come up. Maybe a FB glitch?
Hmm...have you tried again? I know she''s still in NY.

lovelylulu-I added Robbie because we are members of another site together that allows for private messaging. I''m not sure how everyone else found each other though. I''ve gotten all of my PS buddies from Robbie lol

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 4:33:08 PM
Author: lovelylulu
question: I just created a ''pricescope'' facebook account to better keep up with all the moms and moms-to-be, but I''m having a hard time tracking anyone down. How are you ladies finding each other. My name is my account name here.

Thanks
35.gif

What''s your FB icon? I searched for you, but surprisingly there are a few lovelylulus
9.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Ebree - I think I sent you a request...at least I hope it was you!!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 4:33:08 PM
Author: lovelylulu
question: I just created a ''pricescope'' facebook account to better keep up with all the moms and moms-to-be, but I''m having a hard time tracking anyone down. How are you ladies finding each other. My name is my account name here.

Thanks
35.gif

A few of us connected because of GTG''s and then others found us in various ways. Make your icon the same as here and that helps too!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
fiery- Sophia''s a doll! And she''s sitting up unassisted? That''s awesome! My little guy hasn''t quite mastered it yet, but we''re working on it.

China- It could be him adjusting to his new schedule. It sounds like the nanny keeping him on a feeding schedule is a good choice. As for the snow? I''m north of you right now- don''t send it up our way just yet! Maybe Christmas morning.
9.gif

Sabine- We also use white noise, and I really think it helps H sleep better.

qtiekiki- Miracle Blanket, hands down! They''re worth every penny.

phoenix- We had the morning blowout problem with Henry, too. It always seemed to happen right as he was about to move up a size in diapers, though sometimes they were just volcanic poops no size diaper could contain. I agree with everyone else- she could be ready to move up a size.

I mentioned last week (I think?) that Henry''s bottom two front teeth are coming in. And yesterday, he bit me with them while comfort nursing. I read that it''s best to say a firm ''NO'' when this happens, so I did, and he burst into tears. After I calmed him down, CHOMP. Another firm ''NO,'' and more wailing. This happened half a dozen times before I gave up and my MIL took him from me (we''re visiting over the holidays) so I could have a break. His little face as she lifted him from me broke my heart, and I was teary the rest of the evening. I felt awful. He clearly didn''t mean to hurt me, he was just trying to relieve some of his pain.

Since then, no more bites, so maybe the firm ''NO''s worked. I really hope so.

(I''ve jinxed it now.
32.gif
)

26.gif
Awww, poor you and poor Henry! I''ve been bitten a few times as well - I''m trying the push face into boob technique and have only been bitten once since so hopefully it is a success as the 2nd bottom tooth appeared a couple of days ago.

Odd how early they understand NO. Daisy refuses to look at me when she''s angry with me - makes me feel terrible, if I try and catch her eye she''ll turn her head the other direction, it''s almost always when I have said No or refused to let her have something she wants - or if I take her in the shower which she doesn''t much care for: she doesn''t cry, but won''t smile and won''t look at me.

Mrs - I''m pretty much doing as Blen is on solids. Yesterday Daisy had two pieces of pheasant and a pea for supper followed by a spoonful of fruit crumble and icecream; today I was very bad as we had to stop at a service station for lunch as so we went to Burger King and Daisy had a bit of bun and a french fry. Most of it got squidged in her hand rather than going in her mouth - she is very into ''feeling'' food at the moment. Last night''s supper was about the most she''s ever actually eaten. Banana she hates - she likes to bite it off and then spits it straight out, and won''t eat it mashed at all, spinach leaves on the other hand are popular. Mummy milk is still top of the list.

PG - I would have gone crazy, why do men think it''s funny to ''steal'' your baby??? I burst into tears over DH doing that and I found them after only 5 seconds. Also definitely go up a size on the diapers - that''s how I know when to move D up a size, the weight recommendations don''t seem to work for us. Daisy is now in Size 3s and I buy the Pampers Active brand as they seem to be much better than the Pampers Normal ones.

Sorry about your DH feeling out of the baby loop, unfortunately that seems to get worse with time.

Since Daisy started to get mobile she has developed a major mummy attachment and won''t let anyone else hold her. I had hoped that DH having a week off and being with her 24/7 would make him more acceptable and it''s worked up to a point. She will now absolutely not be picked up by ANYONE except DH or me, and DH only if I''m not in the room and she can''t hear me. The second I pick her up she''s all smiles and will interact and reach out to people as long as it''s from the safety of my arms or knees. It''s awfully wearing for me and I felt very sorry for DH as he used to come home from work and the second she heard the key in the door she would have her arms out for him to pick her up whereas she now just bursts into tears.

I talked to DH about it and showed him some stuff in books about it and he''s fine that it''s just evolutionary and not that she suddenly hates him or anything.

Fiery - Sophia is just gorgeous! I want to pick her up and cuddle her - and what lovely hair!

Talking of hair, when Daisy gets upset in the carseat or when she''s putting herself to sleep she turns her head rhythmically from side to side - as a result the hair on the back of her head gets terribly tangled and matted and she may be developing a bald patch there. She has very, very fine hair (like mine) so it''s very easy to tangle it. Does anyone have any tips? Should I cut it very short or oil it or something?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I friended someone with Ebree''s first name months ago thinking it was her, and then she wrote some status update about getting married. Um, whoops! But hi Ebree!
3.gif

Biting while nursing - I tried Pandora''s method of smothering him with my breast, and it worked much better for me than the "No!" method. He gets confused rather than dejected.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Wow...I've been a FB snob and not friended anyone other than my friends from Hershey since they made me get it so we could keep in touch and I was only using it for that, but maybe I should start adding all my ps buddies as well!

QT, I know I'm in the minority here, but we actually only used the Aden and Anais swaddle blankets for the 4 months that we swaddled. Jacks found a way to break out of all the blankets eventually and they usually ended up over his face, so at least when he broke out of the A and A blankets, I didn't worry about him not being able to breathe!

Pandora, sorry you aren't getting any down time from Daisy!

Ebree, I would soooo order the extra stockings! But I would wait to embroider them too, but for me it would be because I know I would change my mind about names!

CIO night 3 update...cried for 10 minutes, and DID NOT wake up and cry at the 30 minute mark! YAY!

However, he still hasn't taken a nap longer than 30 minutes and is getting soooo cranky during the day. I really really really hope he will learn to take longer naps.

And can I just say how WONDERFUL it feels to be up past 7 instead of having to go to sleep with him?!? I feel almost human again! And I'm enjoying my first "more than a sip" of wine because I never trusted myself to drink more when I'd be holding him all night! Yay!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Helloooo!!

Miracle blankets: LOVE THEM!!!. My boys can escape any blanket...except for this one!. Now by 7:30pm, they know what's coming and it's like baby valium!. They get sleepy just as they see that I pull them out!. I have to buy a couple more because I'm doing laundry pretty much every other day because of the miracle blankets!.

So the new routine is working great!!. The boys eliminated one nighttime feeding!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
. Before it was 10pm, 1am and 4am. Now it's 11:30pm and 3:30am!. Making progress!!!

If you find me on FB add me! I'm friends with a bunch of the girls here and sometimes it's just so much easier to keep up to date with pictures through there than here. Right now my profile picture is a picture of me with my sisters, moms and the babies!. If it helps, my name rhimes with "mandarina" (that's why me name here is mandarine!

Fiery I love having the boys on an early bedtime. It's nice to be able to have a quiet dinner and enjoy some TV time with the hubs before going to bed (well, before the next feeding to be more exact! hehe).

China find me on FB! I suck at finding people
39.gif

Sabine I am so happy the new routine is working and that you now have some time for yourself!!!!

Re: Thread splitting I know I'm late, but I did keep up with the discussion on my phone!...hehe. I am fine with whatever people do....but I think it's nice to have all the girls here to ask for advice...if we did it by year, the new year moms won't have anyone on their thread to ask questions to!. I also agree with Neat about getting over not answering to everyone. I am definitely guilty of that...because I just don't have time!!!...but I have come to know that you guys understand and don't take it personal!.

Weight loss I've been on a low carb diet all week and I started to feel less "bloated". I've also been trying to work out...it's a ittle frustrating because it seems like there is never time for me. I suggested to DH that we should hire a nanny a couple of times a week for just a couple of hours so that I can go to the gym. I would ask my cleaning lady to do it since she knows the boys and has worked as a nanny for many of our friends and they all love her. DH is not sold on the idea so I'm having to work on him. I just think I need to make this time a priority...not just something we try to "squeeze in" because then I will always end up not working out!

oops...Alex woke up!! Gotta go!!!

ETA: False alarm...it was just one crazy scream but I went to check and they were both sleeping like angels. Can I just tell you guys how cute it is to look in one crib and see both babies sleeping in there happily?. I love watching them sleep
9.gif

Anyway...tomorrow I plan on taking pics for the Christmas/Holiday cards. Do any of you have suggestions on good deals for photo cards?

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 10:28:52 PM
Author: Mandarine
Helloooo!!

Weight loss I've been on a low carb diet all week and I started to feel less 'bloated'. I've also been trying to work out...it's a ittle frustrating because it seems like there is never time for me. I suggested to DH that we should hire a nanny a couple of times a week for just a couple of hours so that I can go to the gym. I would ask my cleaning lady to do it since she knows the boys and has worked as a nanny for many of our friends and they all love her. DH is not sold on the idea so I'm having to work on him. I just think I need to make this time a priority...not just something we try to 'squeeze in' because then I will always end up not working out!

Anyway...tomorrow I plan on taking pics for the Christmas/Holiday cards. Do any of you have suggestions on good deals for photo cards?

Hey Mandarine! I think your idea about getting a nanny for some dedicated you time is FABULOUS. That was the hardest thing for me in the beginning - not having me time, and when I did, feeling like I had to cram in so much stuff that I didn't really get to relax. Here are some things that are working for me now:

My gym has child care. I was really nervous to use it at first, but now I'm comfortable. The ladies who work there are fabulous. I've figured out the off-peak times so that it's not too crowded when we go. If A gets upset or needs a diaper change, they come find me. I go to the gym about 5 times a week. Great for my health - physical AND mental!

Also, we recently started going to a mother's morning out program. It is once a week for 3 hours. It's a co-op, so all the parents take turns, and there are 3 kids per adult. I love knowing that I have that time to myself except when it's my turn to volunteer. I use the time to either run errands or work on one of my hobbies.

Sometimes after DH and A are both in bed, I go out to Starbucks or Target or the grocery or whatever for an hour or so. DH listens out for A on the monitor, but I'm always home before A's first overnight feeding. It's another time I can get out to run errands or have some time to myself without missing any time with my boys.

We don't have family nearby so we rarely have any babysitting help. Every month or at least every 2 months, we hire a sitter and go out for an early dinner. I'd like to do it more often, but really, we feel like we get a lot of time to ourselves after A goes to bed and he's actually much easier to take to restaurants now than he was as a newborn, believe it or not.

Maybe some of these things will work for you guys too!

Holiday cards - we just got ours from Tiny Prints. I love them! If you look on retailmenot.com you can usually find a 10% off coupon for them.

Biting while nursing Ladies, you have my sympathy. A was one of those rare ones who thought it was funny when mommy yelped or said Ow or No. It was rough for a week or two there, but now he has stopped again - and he has 4 teeth! Hope your babies outgrow it too. What a terrible phase!

Pandora I am still laughing at what you said about whatever you write is here for all the world and their dog to see. Especially because as I was reading it, my dog was sitting beside me :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results