shape
carat
color
clarity

PS Mommy Thread-Newborn to 12 months!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
PheonixG Go up a size. We always switched way before the weight recommendations because of leaks. Stops it right away!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
China,

It''s normal for breastfed babies to get their days/nights switched again when mom goes back to work, mostly because they stop feeding on demand and they know that they have more access to mommy when she''s home so they''re up more. They also eat a lot less during the day when you start working.

I would get nanny to feed him every 2 to 3 hours even if he is sleeping to get him back on track.

Anyway, we went through the same exact thing and it was due to her getting her days/nights switched again. Sophia would take 1 to 2 bottles while I was at work and then be up all night feeding.

It doesn''t last forever. We went through it for 2 weeks but mostly because it took that long to get my stubborn MIL to feed her every 3 hours instead of letting her sleep for 5, sometimes 6 hours during the day
20.gif

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
L2L, Sophia is much younger so I have no advice/tips but I think the new avi is soooo adorable
16.gif

Loves2Laugh

Shiny_Rock
Thanks fiery! Sophia is just a doll... I always look forward to seeing the pics you post.
9.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
HI Ladies
35.gif

a big hello and howwww u doin ..ive been mia and im so sorry its just really hard to catch up with so many new posters on and lots to talk about...i have no experiences with a lot of things in question such as bf''ing and sleeping schedules etc...i am on f.b. and i Neat is on my friend list ...i post pics on there so i will try to post a new one soon on here...

im not sure about whats going on with the thread splitting bc i couldnt catch up but i will follow w.e the consensus agrees upon
1.gif

love seeing all the babies..so big now!! and all the cute lil newbies
9.gif

my update...both kiddos turning 8mos soon and both sttn in their cribs in the same room!!!! wooot! we are still giving level 1 fruits 1x per day and rice cereal in evening 1x..going to pedi tom and probably starting veggies. they should be about 16lbs. napping is still rough (very short naps)..jon has 2 teeth and jackie''s are cutting thru.

thats about it for us ..luv ya guys and a big heyy to my pals DD, Neat, Pandora, Mela, Mrs, Sabine, CDT, TDM, CC, Blen and Fiery
and everyone else...hopfeully will try to catch up when i can if i have any advice
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 2:56:53 AM
Author: neatfreak
TDM I know you didn''t mean anything by it-but no matter how the threads are split someone gets left out. And even this way at least one person gets kicked out (me). And it sucks to feel like you are being kicked out-which is how I felt last year when the threads were split. I know no one means to hurt feelings-but it happened last time (and I wasn''t the only one) and it will happen if the threads are split again. I fully admit that this is very personal to me (and I also admit that it shouldn''t be) because I was kicked out last time and would now be kicked out again.

I guess I just don''t see the problem even if there are a lot of mommies posting on the threads-people drop out over time and new people will join. Both times it''s been suggested to split I didn''t find it overwhelming-but I recognize that other people do. I think we all just need to get over feeling guilty about posting to everyone-we all know how it is we are BUSY! No one will be offended if not every person responds to them!

Sorry, done. Just had to hang all my emotional baggage out there.
3.gif
Back to our regularly scheduled programming!
See, that stinks, and don''t think anyone should be the one left out...

I was shocked and dismayed some people felt they had been kicked out of the preggo thread?? OMG news to me and not cool. I started that thread. It was for you all to share, all inclusive.. Ok, need to get a grip, but that really made me sad.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 5:07:20 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 12/3/2009 2:56:53 AM
Author: neatfreak
TDM I know you didn''t mean anything by it-but no matter how the threads are split someone gets left out. And even this way at least one person gets kicked out (me). And it sucks to feel like you are being kicked out-which is how I felt last year when the threads were split. I know no one means to hurt feelings-but it happened last time (and I wasn''t the only one) and it will happen if the threads are split again. I fully admit that this is very personal to me (and I also admit that it shouldn''t be) because I was kicked out last time and would now be kicked out again.

I guess I just don''t see the problem even if there are a lot of mommies posting on the threads-people drop out over time and new people will join. Both times it''s been suggested to split I didn''t find it overwhelming-but I recognize that other people do. I think we all just need to get over feeling guilty about posting to everyone-we all know how it is we are BUSY! No one will be offended if not every person responds to them!

Sorry, done. Just had to hang all my emotional baggage out there.
3.gif
Back to our regularly scheduled programming!
See, that stinks, and don''t think anyone should be the one left out...

I was shocked and dismayed some people felt they had been kicked out of the preggo thread?? OMG news to me and not cool. I started that thread. It was for you all to share, all inclusive.. Ok, need to get a grip, but that really made me sad.
Kaleigh, I don''t think anyone was "kicked out". I think what happened is that some people started a sort of/kinda of barely just happened preggo thread and that spurred it on. So others may have felt that they may not have been wanted on the preggo thread since ANOTHER preggo thread was started while a bunch of moms were posting on the preggo thread. Honestly, the splitting of that thread made perfect since at the time since a bunch of moms (including myself) were posting baby stuff on it for months after the babies were born.

So FWIW, I don''t remember anyone actually getting kicked out (as in, "leave, shoo!") Feelings may have been hurt, but I was not one of them, although I obviously did follow those to the newly created mommy thread.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 1:16:16 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 12/3/2009 1:13:30 PM

Author: TanDogMom

Question on behalf of my friend Her DD is 8 months, same as A. She goes to bed just fine, but wakes up a couple hours later SCREAMING and will not stop unless they either hold her or bring the baby into bed with them. She and her DH don''t really want to cosleep. My thoughts are that she should either decide she is OK with cosleeping or let her DD CIO. It''s been a month now and she''s really unhappy with the situation, especially because her DH is opposed to the cosleeping. I would probably CIO in the situation, personally, but she is not comfortable. What do you guys think, is there another way?
I would ask if she''s taken her to the doc to rule out anything.

She did. She mentioned it to the doc during their well child check, and the dr said "You have a strong willed child. Good luck with that."

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Kaleigh-I don''t know the history of the preggo/mommy threads but all I can say is that I absolutely appreciate the preggo thread so much.

I''m actually starting the task of copying my posts onto a document and saving them. My entire pregnancy journey is documented there and I love going back and reading my thoughts!

It''s crazy that my journey started on page 431 and they are on page 825 now! Just a testament to how great that thread is
16.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 5:34:18 PM
Author: fiery
Kaleigh-I don''t know the history of the preggo/mommy threads but all I can say is that I absolutely appreciate the preggo thread so much.

I''m actually starting the task of copying my posts onto a document and saving them. My entire pregnancy journey is documented there and I love going back and reading my thoughts!

It''s crazy that my journey started on page 431 and they are on page 825 now! Just a testament to how great that thread is
16.gif
Awww that''s such a great idea!! Thanks fiery!!
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
China, I agree with Fiery that O is probably "reverse cycling" or eating less at day and more at night because he prefers the breast, and agree that you should get the nanny to try to feed him more during the day. If you get desperate, co-sleeping worked for us until we were ready to cio, or at least until jacks started being so restless that I was up every hour anyway.

L2L, Jacks is obviously much younger, but have you tried playing with the timing of the naps? Or is it possible that he is ready to drop the 3rd nap and make the 2nd nap a little later?

Fiery, hope you get Sophia''s schedule sorted out.

Phoenix, I agree with trying other brands. But also, how often is she having a bm? Jacks was a 1 a day kinda guy, and he had a bunch of blow outs, but then as he started eating more, he started going more, and now they are more manageable, so you may just need to hang in there.

NCY, glad to see you and hear things are going well.

TDM, sorry, no advice for your friend, but wish her luck!

MRS, my dr. said as soon as he seems to want more/can handle more, add more meals. She said 3 a day was actually a goal, like he should be there by 6 months already! I''m going to take it slow though and just follow his leads.

cdt, glad you are adjusting well!

CIO night 2...Jacks went to sleep after 10 minutes of crying! However, naps today were not great. He put himself to sleep pretty well (only cried for 5 minutes for one of them), but for all of them woke up after 40 minutes, and even though I let him cry until his nap would normally end (they had previously been 1.5 hours for the first 2), he didn''t go back to sleep for any of them and was super tired/cranky throughout the day. I really hope they get better!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 5:32:54 PM
Date: 12/3/2009 1:16:16 PM

Author: TravelingGal

Date: 12/3/2009 1:13:30 PM

Question on behalf of my friend Her DD is 8 months, same as A. She goes to bed just fine, but wakes up a couple hours later SCREAMING and will not stop unless they either hold her or bring the baby into bed with them. She and her DH don''t really want to cosleep. My thoughts are that she should either decide she is OK with cosleeping or let her DD CIO. It''s been a month now and she''s really unhappy with the situation, especially because her DH is opposed to the cosleeping. I would probably CIO in the situation, personally, but she is not comfortable. What do you guys think, is there another way?
I would ask if she''s taken her to the doc to rule out anything.

She did. She mentioned it to the doc during their well child check, and the dr said ''You have a strong willed child. Good luck with that.''

Well...I think there will come a point where your friend has had it and might have to try CIO. I don''t think it''s a good idea for her to bring the baby to bed with her if that isn''t a habit she wants to keep. So what I am saying essentially is that I agree with you!

Could possibly be night terrors or something...but not sure there is anything that can be done there either.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fiery and Sabine for the thoughts. Good to know that this may just be "normal".

Only thing is the nanny is feeding O every 3 hours and he''s getting at least 5 oz every time. Maybe he needs more? But he just went up from 4 oz to 5 in the past week or so. Hmmm. I just wish these little ones came with a user''s manual!

Think he may just be reacting to the not-on demand thing like you mentioned. I''ll give it a week or so and see what he does.

Sabine- Yay for Jacks sleeping!!!!! Keep your notes on this CIO business, if O doesn''t go back to sleeping I am definitely going to have to let him CIO at some point. Is it hard on you? Also, I know it seems a little silly for me to give advice on this considering I am asking for it myself, BUT when O WAS sleeping at night, his naps sometimes suffered. But personally I would rather have him sleep at night and deal with less napping.

i just feel like I should have prepared more for going back to work. I really wish I had him napping and sleeping on his own, I wish I had instituted a bedtime routine, etc. Oh well! Not being around him all day makes it hard to read him.

Fiery- Love those pics of Fiery and her smile!

Pandora- Daisy is such a beauty.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Blen - congrats on 5lbs!! How/what did you do? I’ve put myself of a semi-diet (smaller portions) as a first step to losing the excess 15lbs. Exercise is my next step

Sabine – We use white noise and love it. It drowns our noises out and also it’s a good sleep “cue” – when he hears it, he’s down for the count.
I would wake him up at the same time every day, to get his body clock going. Once he’s consistently STTN, then let him go and see how long he’ll sleep. I betcha it won’t deviate from your set wake up time. Set a time that you won’t let him sleep past, and only wake him up when and if he reaches that time. Congrats on CIO! It’s really not that bad is it? When you look at it as a short term learning curve they are going through in order to get the much needed sleep they need to grow.

Neat-I double agree that you are very important to this thread!!

Mrs – I feed Romy solids 2 x per day. Breakfast and lunch. I will be adding “dinner” but not quite yet.

Courtney – if you’re out there lurking, I miss seeing you! ☺

China – I agree you need to nip this in the bud if you want to survive work, but I really cannot figure out the answer ??? It really sounds like you’re doing everything perfectly, so I *think it may just be a slight sleep regression. Just keep on the 3 hr feedings (to make sure he’s getting plenty during the day) and hang in there. So sorry I don’t have an ‘answer’ to what’s going on….you’re doing a great job!!

L2L – cute avi! I too have a great night sleeper, and have struggled with the 2nd nap of the day. Romy has a long morning nap, and then a weak ½ hr – 40 min afternoon nap. To try to “train” him to sleep longer, I co-napped with him 3 days this week. That increased his nap to 1. 5 hrs. My intention was to train his body to sleep longer in the afternoon. Have you considered co-napping the afternoon nap to see if that increases the length of the nap? Maybe he “just isn’t a napper” but maybe his body has never been “trained” to nap and that’s what he needs ??? I don’t know for sure, but everything else you’re doing seems great. Again, I really don’t see that changing anything in your day will improve the nap sitch. Gosh….

TDM – I would suggest CIO, because as I’ve experienced first hand, it works 100% of the time. Sorry….!

DD – Meant to say: CONGRATS ON GETTING PUBLISHED AGAIN! You’re famous in my eyes. Lol. Good for you. What a great year you’ve had. You have much to be grateful for a celebrate!

Romeo May 31, 2009

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 8:48:58 PM
Author: mela lu

TDM – I would suggest CIO, because as I’ve experienced first hand, it works 100% of the time. Sorry….!

Romeo May 31, 2009

Hey, don't be sorry - I think the same thing! You are talking about my friend, right? I totally think she should CIO (since she asked me for advice). My feeling is, if the baby is waking to eat and the parents are OK with it, that is one thing. That's why I haven't done CIO yet for myself. A is waking up 1 or 2x a night just to feed, then right back down to sleep, and I'm fine with that. When he went through a phase of waking a lot more often, I was like NOOOOO and planning to do CIO after we get back from our trip. But I think it was teething or he may have been a little under the weather because now he's back to normal.

If it's driving the parents crazy (like my friend), the baby is not hungry (hers isn't), and there is not a valid reason like the baby is sick, I think CIO is just fine for the older baby. I think it's what my friend should do if she wants to stop co-sleeping, personally. But hey, it's easy for me to be a hard ass when I'm not the one who has to do it. I'm an armchair hardass :)

Neatfreak Thanks for your post!

SabineYAY FOR SLEEP PROGRESS!!! GO JACKS! You asked about white noise. We use it too. I like it because we have an open floor plan and sound really carries in our house. If we are clanging around in the kitchen, I like that it won't wake up A. I do worry about him becoming dependent on it, but it's not the worst thing in the world as dependencies go. Hey, if he needs to, he can bring the white noise machine to college. I did!

NYCBK Hi!
35.gif
Congrats on 8 months!!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Sabine, thanks for the advice. Claire usually has one really big poo in the morning, two or three fairly big ones, and a few with just a spot. The big poo fills pretty much the whole diaper (and then some, obviously), so I think with us rookie diaperers, it''s inevitable there will be some blow-outs.

BTW, I just started using white noise with Claire. We live a block down from some bars and people will be drunk and loud outside her room at 2 a.m., so I feel pretty comfortable using it. Heck, I used it every night until I had a baby!

Fiery, every time you tell a story about your MIL, I want to shake her!!!

So tonight we went to a social hour at the local bike shop, and DH was in charge of Claire. It was his domain, so we dressed her in an "I love Daddy" onesie and he was showing her around. At one point I totally felt like she had gone too far out of range, but I couldn''t see DH or Claire so I assumed he was on it. I found out later that a guy who is kind of a jerk took her to the back as a joke just to see how long it would take us to notice. DH said Claire was gone for "only" five minutes. Yeesh! One of his friends commented that he was observing the whole thing and saw how I noticed my baby was gone even though I wasn''t watching her at that point, and on one hand I was like, yay for me and my mother''s intuition, and on the other hand I was like, thanks for not telling me some idiot was playing a joke on us and "hiding" our baby!

But the weird thing is that even though I didn''t realize Claire was really missing until after the fact, at that moment I told my friend that I didn''t know where Claire was and then proceeded to tell her about a dream I had last night where I got separated from Claire and was just yelling her name over and over. Weird, in retrospect.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mrs I feed HUnter 3x per day and have since he was about 8.5 months. He likes to eat a lot so I just kept adding meals! He is a little piggie.

ChinaCat Hunter's sleep went to crap at 4 months old. Up until then he was a little angel sleeper and then he started waking more and more and more and more. Apparently a normal developmental phase! I just woke with him and fed him. I wouldn't persoanlly use CIO at 4 months, but other moms have with much success. I think I would try getting him nice and tanked up in the daytime and then hopefully snuggle him a lot when you are with him. Would it be too diffcult for you to add one night feed just as a regular thing? Like 9pm, 2am and then wake up? Anyways, it is normal but unfortunately I am no real help! haha

ETA

We took Hunter to get pics with Santa and he burst our crying when we sat him in his lap! It was really funny. But he calmed down and we all got a picture with Santa together.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I need opinions for the following (also posted in the toddler thread):

Miracle Blanket vs. Muslin Swaddle Blanket
Which did you prefer? I use the cheapie Carter''s receiving blankets for M, and she started breaking out of them pretty early on, like around 3-4 weeks, since those blankets are so small. We basically stopped swaddling her then, and she was fine. So I am wondering if the miracle blanket will be worth it for baby #2, or if I should just get the Aden & Anais swaddling blanket since they can be use for other purposes. Opinions?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 11:51:54 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I need opinions for the following (also posted in the toddler thread):

Miracle Blanket vs. Muslin Swaddle Blanket

Which did you prefer? I use the cheapie Carter''s receiving blankets for M, and she started breaking out of them pretty early on, like around 3-4 weeks, since those blankets are so small. We basically stopped swaddling her then, and she was fine. So I am wondering if the miracle blanket will be worth it for baby #2, or if I should just get the Aden & Anais swaddling blanket since they can be use for other purposes. Opinions?

We loved the miracle blanket while it worked! It worked MUCH better than the regular blankets IMO.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Thanks NF. I decided to order a Miracle Blanket and also a pack of Aden & Anais Blankets.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
QT- I would get both. We love the miracle blanket, couldn''t live without it, esp the first few weeks. But I love the muslin blankets and use them for everything, but not swaddling.

Dreamer- Thanks. I wouldn''t mind one feeding in the middle of the night, but three is killing me. If I wasn''t working, I would be more content to let it figure itself out, but I am one of those people who needs sleep to function. I am really hoping it''s just a phase in reaction to me going back to work.

So far he''s doing it again, up at 1 am to feed. Just waiting for him to go back to sleep so I can get some sleep. It''s going to be a long night and day tomorrow! Good thing he''s so cute and smells so sweet.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I love the Miracle Blanket! What an appropriate name! Why don''t they carry them at BRU? (You can get them on Amazon.) I noticed Mandarine''s boys were wearing them in a picture too. I don''t think I''d ever have been able to figure out how to swaddle Claire with just a regular blanket, but that''s probably user error again.

I think Claire has had her enormous morning poo -- gotta go!

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My Super Pooper has done it again.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Soooooper Poooooper - lol!!!!

Q - I loved my miracle blanket!! That''s my pick.

China - as DD mentioned, we had success with CIO at 4 months (16 weeks). Don''t feel bad "needing your sleep". I totally do too and was dyyyyyying from the night wakings. I''m FAR better off now that he''s STTN, and so is he. We''re both very rested
2.gif
. Anyways, that was our experience!

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
phoenix - sounds like bigger diapers are needed then.

L2L - My guy is a few weeks younger than your baby, but maybe it''s time to move to 1 nap? Like might tire him out enough to get a goof nap going.

QT - I used Swaddleme''s, stayed on really well. I could never get the blanket burrito right to keep him in.

Sabine - Happy CIO is working!

Kyle''s doing some teething again, and waking up a bit at night because of it
14.gif
. But I did discovere why he''s been cranky when I drop him of at day care, he''s hungry! So today I gave him an 8oz bottle and a yogurt, and he was in a much better mood. He''s also starting to understand how to play ball and finally got waving down. Now he just needs to start talking...

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
It''s snowing here! It NEVER snows here. The media is acting like it''s WWIII out on the highways!

So last night was far better- he fought going to sleep, but luckily my DH was in charge of that. He got up at 1 am to eat. Heard him at 4 am, but he put himself back to sleep before I could get up.
36.gif
Then up at 6 am to eat. So really he only got me up once last night. So. Much. Better!!!

I''m not going to do anything about it just yet, but thinking I need to institute some wake up and bedtimes. When he wakes up before 7 am, I usually put him right back down, in which case he''ll sleep another 2 or 3 hours. When I was home with him, if he got up at 7, then I kept him up for the day.

As far as bedtimes, we really still are on the 3 hour cycle, so he goes down for sleep at 7 or 8, and then I wake him up to eat one more time, then back down for the night. The bedtime routine thing I''ve tried, but it doesn''t really stick with him. I think I need to start one though. Any thoughts on what I should do here?

For example, should I institue a strict wake up at 7 am, and then bedtime after his 7 pm feeding? He gets his bath during the day, so what do others do? I''ve tried reading him a story, etc., but it just doesn''t feel any different than when I put him down for naps.

Phoenix- Cracking me up with your poop patrol updates!

Mela- Thanks for replying, I was hoping you would b/c it seems like I have been trying to do with O what you have successfully done with Romy. How are you doing staying at home btw? I was really torn. I hate leaving him, but I was getting a bit isolated at home and it''s nice to be back among adults for a bit.

Dreamer- Congrats (belated) on getting published (again).
36.gif

CDT- Glad going back to work has been easier for you than me! Your guy is 6 months though, right? I think 6 months would be a far easier time to leave him. Not sure why I think that! 3 months just seems too early.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2009 5:34:18 PM
Author: fiery

16.gif

Fiery - Your little princess is absolutely adorable, Congrats!

DH and I are going to start TTC in the next few months, so I have been poking around in here. Hopefully, you will be able to share some baby advice like you gave me wedding advice. It seems like forever ago, but so much has happened since we first chatted.

Again, congrats on the goregous DD and looking forward to talking to you soon!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Mela - I swear that I dont eat as healthfully if I''m trying to diet (I feel deprived and then binge on chocolate
20.gif
), and so I''m just focusing on getting certain good things into my diet: dark leafy greens (which is easy because they''re George''s fav), other veggies, lean protein, etc. If I fill up enough on them I''m less likely to eat mega amounts of chocolate.
2.gif
I also have a goal of no processed foods. I think the main thing that''s helped is that I''ve started working out again. I took a break first because I figured that packing and moving was workout enough, and then because I was sick. I''m now trying to get more high intensity, high impact exercise in. I''ll run or do the 30 Day Shred video one day, and then go on an hour walk with G in the Ergo the next day (so I''m carrying an extra 20ish lbs). I''m trying to keep alternating like this.

PG - LOL. Did you try a larger diaper? Sunshine naturally can help get stains out, if you have a clothes line or another place that you can hang the stained clothing.

Mrs - I''ve been pretty laid back about solids, to be honest. I just follow his lead; I figure that he''ll get most of his calories from solids eventually. I give him a little bit of whatever I''m having, but he doesn''t get enough down to make a full meal out of it. Like I think his dinner last night consisted of three-ish pieces of baby lettuce, a pea, a handful (his, not mine) of mashed potatoes, and a very small piece of bread. Breakfast today he just threw at the dogs and so he didn''t get any of it down.
20.gif
He''s basically 8 months old.

NYC- I was just thinking about you! Good to hear from you again.

DD - I meant to say congrats on getting published again!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2009 11:02:11 AM
Author: ChinaCat
It''s snowing here! It NEVER snows here. The media is acting like it''s WWIII out on the highways!

So last night was far better- he fought going to sleep, but luckily my DH was in charge of that. He got up at 1 am to eat. Heard him at 4 am, but he put himself back to sleep before I could get up.
36.gif
Then up at 6 am to eat. So really he only got me up once last night. So. Much. Better!!!

I''m not going to do anything about it just yet, but thinking I need to institute some wake up and bedtimes. When he wakes up before 7 am, I usually put him right back down, in which case he''ll sleep another 2 or 3 hours. When I was home with him, if he got up at 7, then I kept him up for the day.

As far as bedtimes, we really still are on the 3 hour cycle, so he goes down for sleep at 7 or 8, and then I wake him up to eat one more time, then back down for the night. The bedtime routine thing I''ve tried, but it doesn''t really stick with him. I think I need to start one though. Any thoughts on what I should do here?

For example, should I institue a strict wake up at 7 am, and then bedtime after his 7 pm feeding? He gets his bath during the day, so what do others do? I''ve tried reading him a story, etc., but it just doesn''t feel any different than when I put him down for naps.

Phoenix- Cracking me up with your poop patrol updates!

Mela- Thanks for replying, I was hoping you would b/c it seems like I have been trying to do with O what you have successfully done with Romy. How are you doing staying at home btw? I was really torn. I hate leaving him, but I was getting a bit isolated at home and it''s nice to be back among adults for a bit.

Dreamer- Congrats (belated) on getting published (again).
36.gif

CDT- Glad going back to work has been easier for you than me! Your guy is 6 months though, right? I think 6 months would be a far easier time to leave him. Not sure why I think that! 3 months just seems too early.
I agree....I definitely would not have been ready at 3 months. And honestly I still would have liked more time, but I was happy to get 6 months! And so far the transition has been fine!

Glad to hear last night went better!! Hang in there
1.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
fiery- Sophia's a doll! And she's sitting up unassisted? That's awesome! My little guy hasn't quite mastered it yet, but we're working on it.

China- It could be him adjusting to his new schedule. It sounds like the nanny keeping him on a feeding schedule is a good choice. As for the snow? I'm north of you right now- don't send it up our way just yet! Maybe Christmas morning.
9.gif

Sabine- We also use white noise, and I really think it helps H sleep better.

qtiekiki- Miracle Blanket, hands down! They're worth every penny.

phoenix- We had the morning blowout problem with Henry, too. It always seemed to happen right as he was about to move up a size in diapers, though sometimes they were just volcanic poops no size diaper could contain. I agree with everyone else- she could be ready to move up a size.

I mentioned last week (I think?) that Henry's bottom two front teeth are coming in. And yesterday, he bit me with them while comfort nursing. I read that it's best to say a firm "NO" when this happens, so I did, and he burst into tears. After I calmed him down, CHOMP. Another firm "NO," and more wailing. This happened half a dozen times before I gave up and my MIL took him from me (we're visiting over the holidays) so I could have a break. His little face as she lifted him from me broke my heart, and I was teary the rest of the evening. I felt awful. He clearly didn't mean to hurt me, he was just trying to relieve some of his pain.

Since then, no more bites, so maybe the firm "NO"s worked. I really hope so.

(I've jinxed it now.
32.gif
)

Unrelated to, well, anything: How crazy am I? I love the Xmas stockings from Pottery Barn this year, and was thinking of ordering some personalized ones for us AFTER Xmas when they're on super sale. Thinking of ordering one for DH, DS and me, and the crazy part- future DS/DD? So they'll all match? I could order one of each, embroidered with the names we've chosen. Or not. Feel free to call me nutty.
26.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results