shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
I''''m sorry if this is a silly post, but I''''ve been reading through a lot of the posts here and am confused by some of the acronyms.
Is there someone who could explain them for me?
I figured out what PS and E-ring mean. (I know, I''''m really quite clever)
Maybe I just haven''''t read through enough threads..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which ones in particular?

lovelee

Shiny_Rock

omc, oec, fi, aca, hof........

8.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 12:55:19 AM
Author: lovelee

8.gif

Old mine Cut
Old European Cut
FI= fiancee
ACA, A cut above from www.whiteflash.com

Hof, Hearts on Fire.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 12:55:19 AM
Author: lovelee

8.gif

OMC- Old Miner Cut
OEC- Old European Cut
FI- Future In Law?? I think
ACA- A Cut Above branded diamond by Whiteflash
HOF- Hearts on Fire branded diamond

Edited to add: I think Lisa and I were posting at the same time!

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Ah, thanks for the clarification! I''ll be back with more in the future I''m sure.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
FIL would be future father in law.

SIL sister in law

MIL mother in law

DH, dear husband

I think there was a thread on this a while ago??

stebbo

Shiny_Rock
FI = forever in-debt

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 1:07:18 AM
Author: stebbo
FI = forever in-debt
LOL!!!
31.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Here's one...SP used to throw me abit. Actually it made me mad!! I couldn't figure out how everyone was in on it...and an entire thread was pages long...and it was all about SP this and SP that. Arggghh!

SP means Signed Pieces from FACETS this is a jewelry store. They offer pieces from Cartier, Tiffany etc. Signed...get it? Well, I do now...NO longer am I on the outside looking bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

DKS

Welcome!!
35.gif
Glad you are here!!

Lord Summerisle

Brilliant_Rock
FI = forever in-debt

Is that like the saying

First comes the Engagement Ring.

Next comes the Wedding Ring

and then comes the SufferRing
11.gif
31.gif

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
DH always got me thanks for taking the mistery out of that one.

Rabe2000

Rough_Rock
I have learned these in my shory time on PS.

GOG - Good Old Gold (Vendor)

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I had questions too and had to ask because I thought DH stood for "Dumb husband!"

Don''t feel bad for not getting all the lingo right away!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are some more from a previous thread.

HTH!
9.gif

hope that helps

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 4:33:44 AM
Author: Lord Summerisle

FI = forever in-debt

Is that like the saying

First comes the Engagement Ring.

Next comes the Wedding Ring

and then comes the SufferRing
11.gif
31.gif
face22.gif
i think husbands whose wives have found PS would agree!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovelee,

I have been around since before Pricescope was born and I still have to ask about acronyms. People just make them up as they go along. Whoever heard that "DH" stood for "Dear Husband"? It certainly did not prior to the Internet! When I started to see acronyms like "MOH" (meaning,"Maid of Honor") here I knew that there was a lingo peculiar just to Internet wedding fora if not just to Pricescope! The acronym for "bridesmaid" is the one that really brought me up short! If seen anywhere else, "BM" would not be assumed to stand for "bridesmaid"! Again, I am assuming that 'net wedding fora have developed this language of their own.

As for gems, if one has never heard of "Signed Pieces" (as I had not), how could one know that "SP" meant "Signed Pieces"? Someone just abbreviated "Signed Pieces" with "SP" in a thread one day; everyone else got the meaning from context; and a new acronym was born. People make them up as they go along. Just ask. I have been around forever and I never hesitate to ask. I figure if I don't know the acronym, some new person just made it up!

Deborah
34.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 10:55:06 AM
Author: AGBF

lovelee,

I have been around since before Pricescope was born and I still have to ask about acronyms. People just make them up as they go along. Whoever heard that ''DH'' stood for ''Dear Husband''? It certainly did not prior to the Internet! When I started to see acronyms like ''MOH'' (meaning,''Maid of Honor'') here I knew that there was a lingo peculiar just to Internet wedding fora if not just to Pricescope! The acronym for ''bridesmaid'' is the one that really brought me up short! If seen anywhere else, ''BM'' would not be assumed to stand for ''bridesmaid''! Again, I am assuming that ''net wedding fora have developed this language of their own.

As for gems, if one has never heard of ''Signed Pieces'' (as I had not), how could one know that ''SP'' meant ''Signed Pieces''? Someone just abbreviated ''Signed Pieces'' with ''SP'' in a thread one day; everyone else got the meaning from context; and a new acronym was born. People make them up as they go along. Just ask. I have been around forever and I never hesitate to ask. I figure if i don''t know the acronym, some new person just made it up!

Deborah
34.gif
And STD would NOT have meant, Save the date.
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 10:57:50 AM
Author: Ellen

lovelee,

I have been around since before Pricescope was born and I still have to ask about acronyms. People just make them up as they go along. Whoever heard that 'DH' stood for 'Dear Husband'? It certainly did not prior to the Internet! When I started to see acronyms like 'MOH' (meaning,'Maid of Honor') here I knew that there was a lingo peculiar just to Internet wedding fora if not just to Pricescope! The acronym for 'bridesmaid' is the one that really brought me up short! If seen anywhere else, 'BM' would not be assumed to stand for 'bridesmaid'! Again, I am assuming that 'net wedding fora have developed this language of their own.

As for gems, if one has never heard of 'Signed Pieces' (as I had not), how could one know that 'SP' meant 'Signed Pieces'? Someone just abbreviated 'Signed Pieces' with 'SP' in a thread one day; everyone else got the meaning from context; and a new acronym was born. People make them up as they go along. Just ask. I have been around forever and I never hesitate to ask. I figure if i don't know the acronym, some new person just made it up!

Deborah
34.gif
9.gif
This one had me going for awhile. I still think there must be a better acronym than STD
6.gif
9.gif

BTW: HTH=Hope this helps
2.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovelee,

I have been around since before Pricescope was born and I still have to ask about acronyms. People just make them up as they go along. Whoever heard that ''DH'' stood for ''Dear Husband''? It certainly did not prior to the Internet! When I started to see acronyms like ''MOH'' (meaning,''Maid of Honor'') here I knew that there was a lingo peculiar just to Internet wedding fora if not just to Pricescope! The acronym for ''bridesmaid'' is the one that really brought me up short! If seen anywhere else, ''BM'' would not be assumed to stand for ''bridesmaid''! Again, I am assuming that ''net wedding fora have developed this language of their own.

As for gems, if one has never heard of ''Signed Pieces'' (as I had not), how could one know that ''SP'' meant ''Signed Pieces''? Someone just abbreviated ''Signed Pieces'' with ''SP'' in a thread one day; everyone else got the meaning from context; and a new acronym was born. People make them up as they go along. Just ask. I have been around forever and I never hesitate to ask. I figure if i don''t know the acronym, some new person just made it up!

Deborah
34.gif
9.gif
HI:

HA! Luckily for the millions of brides chatting online, the last word of that otherwise known acronym has been changed to "infections....."

KWIM = know what I mean
w/g, y/g = white gold, yellow gold
RSG = ready, set, go
LM = Leon Mage
IS = idealscope

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 11:08:14 AM
Author: canuk-gal

9.gif
HI:

HA! Luckily for the millions of brides chatting online, the last word of that otherwise known acronym has been changed to ''infections.....''

cheers--Sharon
Really? I had no idea.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
We forgot DSS.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Lovelee, it's a good question!

With the advent of texting now things have gotten shortened to the hilt!

For example I would never have guessed BDH was "beating a dead horse"

as in "I know I am BDH but I think you should say something."

So many others:

w/e = whatever
LOL = Laughing out Loud
ROFL = Rolling on floor laughing
BRB = Be right back
JIC = Just in case
IMHO = In my honest opinion
WTG = way to go!
MYOB = Mind you own business
FYI = For your information
WTF = What the "fudge"?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/21/2007 11:31:10 AM
Author: Harriet
We forgot DSS.

Social worker here. To me that means Department of Social Services, part of a set of acronyms I had to learn when I switched to that profession. What do you mean by "DSS"?

Deb
34.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond shrinkage syndrome - DSS

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Deco sometimes says "IIRC" in her posts and I''ve always been like, "HUH?!?!?!??!?"
Only yesterday did I figure out that it probably stands for "If I remember correctly"

lovelee

Shiny_Rock
Haha, ya''ll are hilarious!!
Thanks so much for all the information. Now I don''t feel like such an outsider.

By the way Nicrez, I LOVE your quote (or signature or whatever it''s called).
I told my boyfriend about it, and I don''t think he quite appreciated as much.
20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 11:37:51 AM
Author: Nicrez
So many others:

w/e = whatever
LOL = Laughing out Loud
ROFL = Rolling on floor laughing
BRB = Be right back
JIC = Just in case
IMHO = In my honest opinion
WTG = way to go!
MYOB = Mind you own business
FYI = For your information
WTF = What the ''fudge''?
Ohhh, F means fudge.

creepaway3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know what I''ve started to say OUT LOUD?? "Obvs" ... which is short for "obviously" for the non-texters out there.

My DH was all "Um, are you in HIGH SCHOOL?"

I think it''s today''s Valley Girl talk.
20.gif
3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh deco. i feel ya.

I have actually started to say DEF as in definitely.

"Oh I can def be there."

40.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results