shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope Acronyms

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 1:22:12 PM
Author: luckystar112
Deco sometimes says ''IIRC'' in her posts and I''ve always been like, ''HUH?!?!?!??!?''
Only yesterday did I figure out that it probably stands for ''If I remember correctly''
Lucky: this one was a headscratcher for me too. It took three or for readings for me to figure out IIRC.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 2:56:55 PM
Author: onedrop

Date: 9/21/2007 1:22:12 PM
Author: luckystar112
Deco sometimes says ''IIRC'' in her posts and I''ve always been like, ''HUH?!?!?!??!?''
Only yesterday did I figure out that it probably stands for ''If I remember correctly''
Lucky: this one was a headscratcher for me too. It took three or for readings for me to figure out IIRC.
Me too!!! Just figured it out the other day.
37.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 11:08:14 AM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 9/21/2007 10:57:50 AM

Author: Ellen

Date: 9/21/2007 10:55:06 AM

Author: AGBF

lovelee,

I have been around since before Pricescope was born and I still have to ask about acronyms. People just make them up as they go along. Whoever heard that ''DH'' stood for ''Dear Husband''? It certainly did not prior to the Internet! When I started to see acronyms like ''MOH'' (meaning,''Maid of Honor'') here I knew that there was a lingo peculiar just to Internet wedding fora if not just to Pricescope! The acronym for ''bridesmaid'' is the one that really brought me up short! If seen anywhere else, ''BM'' would not be assumed to stand for ''bridesmaid''! Again, I am assuming that ''net wedding fora have developed this language of their own.

As for gems, if one has never heard of ''Signed Pieces'' (as I had not), how could one know that ''SP'' meant ''Signed Pieces''? Someone just abbreviated ''Signed Pieces'' with ''SP'' in a thread one day; everyone else got the meaning from context; and a new acronym was born. People make them up as they go along. Just ask. I have been around forever and I never hesitate to ask. I figure if i don''t know the acronym, some new person just made it up!

Deborah

34.gif
And STD would NOT have meant, Save the date.
9.gif
HI:

HA! Luckily for the millions of brides chatting online, the last word of that otherwise known acronym has been changed to ''infections.....''

KWIM = know what I mean

w/g, y/g = white gold, yellow gold

RSG = ready, set, go

LM = Leon Mage

IS = idealscope

cheers--Sharon
Ahhh, finally I know what KWIM is!
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Help! I''ve figured out just about every acronym but MEH. ????? I know that if you use it to describe something it means that you were less than overwhelmed, but . . . . .

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, you know you''re on PS too often when this stuff starts creeping into regular-speak. I''ve had to stop myself from saying "DH and I...." in normal convo. Sheeeeeeesh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results