shape
carat
color
clarity

PriceScope 2015 $5,000 Holiday Giveaway

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
My special bling is my bezel pendant. It is special because my husband gave it to me the day after I delivered our son via emergency c-section. It is the one piece of jewelry I would never in a million years consider selling because I needed the money or upgrading because I thought I needed something bigger. My husband gave me this to say thank you for giving him the most important person in his life. It is a constant reminder of our love for each other and the blessing that we created together. It is not the best quality or the biggest but it came from the heart and I literally wear it close it my heart.

img_20151214_144015203.jpg

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you pricescope and your generous vendors for the opportunity to share our special piece of jewelry !

David Klass made a 5 stone anniversary band ring in yellow gold with my husband and my initials on the shank- E & W. I wear it with another anniversary ring that my Dad gave to my mom @45 years ago. It's a ballerina ring in yellow gold designed and purchased in Japan . My mom gifted to me recently, she's 83 and doesn't feel compelled to put on her jewelry that much . I didn't set off to wear the rings together but somehow they seem to go well and I feel a sense of comfort when I look down at them.

I had to use David's picture to capture the initial clearly.

Happy holidays!

_1084.jpeg

_1085.jpeg

_1086.jpeg

_1087.jpeg

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
kenny|1450054335|3961062 said:
Darlinh, thank you. This is very generous of you and the PS sponsors. :appl:

I am not entering to win, but I'm just curious how the five winners will be selected.

Most touching 5 stories?
Best 5 pics?
Best 5 diamonds?
Five most-model PS posters?
Combination of above four?

At random?
Admin discretion?

I just clarified for Linh. Random drawing out of eligible entries from this thread. We will use a spreadsheet and random number generator. Each qualified post will have a number associated with it (tyty is 1, emmaline is 2, etc.). We will post photos of the generator's selections and the spreadsheet. :appl:

Please join me in WELCOMING Linh to PS. She is Andrey's wife and has been doing more work on the Forum. :bigsmile:

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thank you so much for this holiday give away. It is such fun to read the stories an see all of the beautiful and sentimental pieces that have been posted. One of my favorite pieces for holiday and special times is my diamond watch that I inherited from my mother-in-law. We just lost her last year and I think of her every time I wear it.

_35610.jpg

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
This ring is special because I had it made to celebrate the birth of my daughter. I had the pink melee for a long time and finally figured out the perfect use for them. It's by Hunt Country Jewelers in VA.

2376.jpg

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
067.jpg

These are amongst my most prized jewelies. They are all from Leon Mege, who for me is kinda a proportion god.

On the left is my mother's ring. My daughter's birth stone is peridot, so instead I had Leon find me a florescent slightly green oval diamond, flanked by two smaller diamonds in this delicate three stone. On the right is my replacement engagement ring. When my husband and I got married, we had neither money or good diamond sense, lol. So this was my 10 year anniversary present. It is a Leon sourced more elongated cushion with french cut side stones. And finally in the middle is my Leon thin upside down diamond wedding band.

These three were my first purchases of NICE jewelry :drool:

Q

Queenie60

img_1639.jpg

This is my special bling. My husband gave this 5 stone wedding band to me for our anniversary in 2002. A few months prior while undergoing chemotherapy/radiation for breast cancer, our home was robbed and all of our family heirloom jewelry as well as my wedding ring and engagement ring, diamond studs and everything else were taken. After that, I felt that there could never be a piece of jewelry that would be special. When he presented me with this wedding band, representing new beginnings - I once again owned a special piece of jewelry. I will always treasure this band for it's simplicity and meaning. Thank you PriceScope for having a Holiday Giveaway, very exciting :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you PS for giving us such a generous holiday giveaway.

I am enjoying the pictures and stories.

My wedding rings are my most sentimental pieces of jewelry. I lost my mom in the summer of 2013 and my dad in Jan. 2014. I used my portion of my dad's life insurance to buy the Tiffany Etoile band. I wanted something really unique and special to remember him. After I settled my parent's estate a few months later I used some of that money and bought an ACA diamond and had my ering custom designed from a 3mm scattered diamond band to match the Tiffany band. I was originally going to buy myself a sapphire ring but my husband suggested I get a new wedding set so I'd wear it every day. I look at my diamond as a present from my parents. My parents were a light in my life so my diamond sparkles back at me from them.

img_10047.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Thank you to Pricescope for the generous holiday giveaway!

My special piece is my 10 year wedding anniversary present! It's a ring that I had long looked at and drooled over for quite some time. My husband wanted to gift me a special piece of jewelry for our 10th and I couldn't be happier with it! My kids even love to touch it while I'm wearing it and talk about how mommy and daddy are married (which for some reason they find hilarious!) ha! Anyways, here is my sparkly ring made by the best - Mark from ERD/BE!

_35612.jpg

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
My special bling and (sort of) holiday bling is my cushion. I'm having it re-set over the holidays as a push present to myself, but I likely won't make the deadline on the 24th, so I'll just post pictures of it in its current setting for now.

I'm purchasing a trapezoid side diamond setting from Jewels by Grace to set my precious cushion into. Pictures of the new trap setting is attached below (I'm not buying the old antique cushion in the picture - just the platinum setting).

I know it's cliche to say this - but this piece is special because it reminds me of my husband, and how much he wanted me to be happy with my e-ring when I was diamond-crazy and PS-obsessed. It also reminds me of our big trip together to New York to look at bunch of diamonds from quite a few of our PS vendors in the diamond district and at GOG on Long Island.

Anyway, thank you again PS and vendors for this holiday give-away! I can't wait to see my cushion in this new "push present" setting. I'm sure my cushion in the new home will remind me of my little girl from now on too.

Thanks again everyone!!!

e_si2_2.jpg

e_si2.jpg

screenshot_2015-12-14_22.png

Nurse1982

Rough_Rock
3 yrs ago on 12/12/12 my youngest daughter Tiffany died unexpectedly. Our family has struggled through the grief and this Christmas I felt ready to do something special with my daughter Tiffanys earrings. I had her moissanite stud earring replaced with 2 of my diamonds and will present them to her sister for Christmas. Much love comes with these earrings❤️ image_4120.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Pricescope for another generous holiday giveaway. I just want to say PS was and still is a lifesaver for many of us and is a wonderful source of support for not just bling but for friendship and caring relationships and from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for being here and providing such a wonderful forum for all of us. Big (((hugs))) to everyone in the PS family.

My most meaningful piece of jewelry is the Cartier Black Opal my father lovingly gave to my mother in 1972. My parents have a 52 year love story unlike anyone else I know (except maybe my dh and I but compared to them we are still quite early in our relationship together so far only 16 plus years). They married with nothing. My dad was not able to even buy an engagement ring for my mom when they married as he was young and in the Navy and money was scarce. They became engaged 3 weeks after meeting. My dad proposed to my mom in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge 3 weeks after their first date and they got married 6 months later on Christmas Day. True love at first sight whether or not you believe in it this time it was a reality.

Slowly my parents built up a life together and as soon as my dad was able to he bought her a gorgeous ER. And a few years later they found the most gorgeous colored gem ring they had ever seen at Cartier on fifth avenue in NYC. And my mom being the frugal person that she is refused but my dad insisted and because she loved him she finally accepted and that is how they became the owners of this breathtaking (IMO) ring. Fast forward many years later and my parents knowing how much I adored this ring gave it to me. It is true I only wear it for special occasions but it is not an every day ring to be sure. And whenever I wear it I think of my parents true love for each other and for all of us and it fills me with love and happiness.

It is quite challenging capturing the beauty of this ring. It is about a thousand more times beautiful than the photograph I am sharing here. At least. Also attaching a few photos of my parents in the early days and now.
1427050zn81avosb2.gif

_35613.jpg

myparentsinthe1960_s.jpg

momanddadweddingphotochristmasday1963.jpg

momanddadatbeachhousesummer2015.jpeg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My JbEG (now JbG and LAD) eternity band. Previously it was a really outdated ugly and uncomfortable eternity that was given to me for the birth of our first child. I reset it because I never wore it and now it is one of my most cherished pieces.

img_10072.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I had this garnet for years and never knew how to set it because nothing seemed to fit. Fast forward 5 years, I gave birth to a January baby (garnet birthstone), and setting inspiration hit when I visited DK at downtown LA. This is my ring to celebrate my firstborn, and I adore it. ::)

spess_0.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My emerald cross given to me 22 years ago by my husband, to celebrate the birth of our son. In 30 years of marriage, it is the only gift I have received from my husband that I did not choose myself. It is very precious to me because he was so thoughtful and careful in choosing and I every time I see this piece I am reminded of how wonderful I felt.

Thank you PS for allowing us to share.

cheers--Sharon

emerald_32.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is exceptionally meaningful to me. As I shared in the SMTB thread, this ring's name is Valentina, which means brave and strong. I had this ring made to remind myself to be strong and to love myself after I had dealt with severe depression, hopelessness, and heartbreak. It represents rebirth.

_1096.jpeg

_1097.jpeg

_1098.jpeg

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
We were poor...ok, poorer when we were married and all we could afford was a couple of plain gold wedding bands that meant everything to us. A few kids later and few pounds heavier, the bands are beat up, worn out and no longer fit, mine stayed in box and hubby's on a necklace that he wore. But earlier this year after poking around Pricescope and learning stuff hubby never wanted me to learn, I spoke to DK to see if he could melt and reuse the gold bands and he said YES!! absolutely! He gave our bands a new life, a new design and I love love love this band. We jokingly call it "what's his is mine" band since it is made out of both our bands. I want to thank Pricescope for all the info that you guys provide. I would never have thought this could be an option till I learned different from Pricescope. Now I get to wear our wedding bands again. :dance:

_35621.jpg

20151215_143757.jpg

boerumbiddy

Brilliant_Rock
So many of the stories attached to the jewelry in this contest are about something to hang onto after tragedy, poverty, struggle and loss. They make me realize how lucky I am. At holiday time, I don't really need new bling because I hit the jackpot with my wonderful family. My thoughts turn to my mother and my grandmother, who wore this ring before me. My mother handed it to me on her 85th birthday. (She said she thought about doing it on her 83rd, but decided 85 was more dramatic.) I said there were three granddaughters and maybe each should get one of the stones. No, she said, the oldest granddaughter gets it; the others can have something else. My older niece will be admiring it at Christmas, but she has a couple of decades to wait. I had the setting restored a few years ago, as 1916 was a long time ago. It is good to go for another century. img_3515.jpg
img_3514.jpg

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My special bling is my first diamonds. :dance: They were a present from my parents on my college graduation. I was totally not expecting any gift of any kind and my parents gave me these beautiful yellow diamond studs. (I swear, it was because I skipped commencing and they didn't have to sit through a 4 hour ceremony) Sorry for the terrible picture.

earrings_13.jpg

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0.9jvs1.jpg

This ring is special to me, because it belongs to my fiance. We will be get married in the summer of 2016.
I had spent countless hours over 6 months researching and studying about diamonds; I started with basic 4Cs. I had taken my girlfriend to local jewelry stores to learn her style and what fits her the most: setting, height, side-stone, thickness of band, different metal colors, etc. And there was Pricescope, where I was just overwhelmed by the shear amount of information and knowledge beyond basic 4Cs. Then I proposed with this ring and was "YES"ed.

Thank you Pricescope. I am always impressed by honest trade/non trade members who are eager to help.

PS. If I am lucky enough to win, I would like spend it towards a diamond band for my mother.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This necklace is very special to me, my mother-in-law had it custom made for my 30th birthday in 1990. She had terminal lung cancer and only had months left to live...she died 5 months after she gave me this. She was so sick but she wanted my birthday to be special so she went out of her way to make sure I had something to remember her by for my "big" 30th birthday (her words), you have no idea how special she was and I loved her very much and still miss her every day. Sorry about the blurry picture, I don't have a better one (still have dumb phone and don't know where my good camera is right now) but it 14K yellow gold and the inner circle moves in circles, she had removed the tiny diamond from something she already had and had it set in there. Is this my most expensive piece of jewerly? not by any means but the sentimental value outweighs any monetary value.

video1_115.jpg

video1_114.jpg

jbkhere

Brilliant_Rock
My holiday bling is from Hanukkah last year. A friend of mine had mentioned knowing someone who had a 2.5 carat antique pear they were selling. Wistfully I said to my husband “OMG can you imagine how amazing that stone would be?!!” He just laughed at me (he’s very patient with all my bling dreams)
Fast forward to the third night of Hanukkah last year. Kiddo is opening presents. Hubs hands me one. I’m opening but watching kiddo open. All of a sudden I realize I’m holding a diamond in my hand. Speechless and crying I’m looking at him and he says “Do you like it?” I do. I so adore getting to be the next person to wear this stone. Not to mention the husband who managed to truly surprise me. :love:

img_10095.jpg

sk_pear_three_2.jpg

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my first Mahenge spinel - I had been hunting for a while, had missed out on one (first time I cried over a gem), and was mildly stressed when I bought it, as I was on maternity leave, but worried that another one this size and close to my budget would never appear, so I jumped on it. It is called Bubbles, because of the inclusions. It was the first stone my husband set for me, and the first time he was actually excited about gems. :dance:

_35623.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
My special bling is my three stone engagement ring. This ring is my 5th iteration of an engagement ring, and I love it. I love that it symbolizes my husband and two kids, and it makes me happy every time I wear it.

_35626.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1450183955|3961645 said:
Thank you Pricescope for another generous holiday giveaway. I just want to say PS was and still is a lifesaver for many of us and is a wonderful source of support for not just bling but for friendship and caring relationships and from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU for being here and providing such a wonderful forum for all of us. Big (((hugs))) to everyone in the PS family.

My most meaningful piece of jewelry is the Cartier Black Opal my father lovingly gave to my mother in 1972. My parents have a 52 year love story unlike anyone else I know (except maybe my dh and I but compared to them we are still quite early in our relationship together so far only 16 plus years). They married with nothing. My dad was not able to even buy an engagement ring for my mom when they married as he was young and in the Navy and money was scarce. They became engaged 3 weeks after meeting. My dad proposed to my mom in the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge 3 weeks after their first date and they got married 6 months later on Christmas Day. True love at first sight whether or not you believe in it this time it was a reality.

Slowly my parents built up a life together and as soon as my dad was able to he bought her a gorgeous ER. And a few years later they found the most gorgeous colored gem ring they had ever seen at Cartier on fifth avenue in NYC. And my mom being the frugal person that she is refused but my dad insisted and because she loved him she finally accepted and that is how they became the owners of this breathtaking (IMO) ring. Fast forward many years later and my parents knowing how much I adored this ring gave it to me. It is true I only wear it for special occasions but it is not an every day ring to be sure. And whenever I wear it I think of my parents true love for each other and for all of us and it fills me with love and happiness.

It is quite challenging capturing the beauty of this ring. It is about a thousand more times beautiful than the photograph I am sharing here. At least. Also attaching a few photos of my parents in the early days and now.
1427050zn81avosb2.gif

Thank you for sharing your parents' beautiful story, missy. I felt a little teary-eyed after reading it! ::)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My pendant isn't done yet. But here's the post describing the project and the experience I had shopping for a bench locally to do the work. There is a picture mock up of the piece included.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/psa-kinda-local-jewelers-working-with-them.218110/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/psa-kinda-local-jewelers-working-with-them.218110/[/URL]

Sentimental value? This pendant is to replace the one that was stolen from me right after my wedding when we were robbed. And the pearl was last Christmas's gift to me.

:wavey:

I will post a picture of the completed pendant when I have it, but it may not be done before Christmas (I told the jeweler there is no rush, and I meant it, as I know they are busy for the holidays).

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
This is my forever set.

It has been my dream to have a diamond ring. It took me a long time of searching and then i found PS with the gents diamond ring SMTB folder. Then it was the end of me- my long term r/ship with PS started! LOL

ONce i got the solitaire, i HAD to pair it with an eternity.... and PS helped me with my thoughts....

NOw, i have my forever set.. of course, i have other rings which i HAD to have and i rotate them as i didnt want the rings to sit in the drawer.... LOL

current_4.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These earrings are special to me because they are the first diamonds I purchased on my own. All of my other diamond jewelry were gifts from my husband (although I did the legwork!) To me, the earrings signify that, although I've lost my partner and best friend of 40 years, I'll be okay. Maybe I should call them the "Moving Forward" diamonds.

img_1020_0.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

It's funny because the ring I'm going to post for this isn't my most expensive or my largest, but it does hold big meaning and feelings. It's a ring I created to honor my son. He's our one and only, and we're extremely grateful and blessed to have him. :)

When I started the project, I thought I wanted a stone that played off his hair color. But after talking with the community, I realized his eyes are more true to who he is. So I went with that. At that point I knew I had to make this ring special, so I decided to find a piece of Montana Sapphire rough and have it cut. Just as he's a one and only, so would be this stone. I worked with Blaze to find the perfect piece, and then had Jerry Newman cut it in his amazing round trill design. It came out beautifully and goes so well with his eyes! I also love how the stone has moods and shifts based upon lighting. It kind of reminds me of my son throughout the day. haha

My son loves boats and water, so I knew I wanted something nautical for the ring design; however, I didn't want something too literal. When I came across Julia Kay Taylor, I knew she was the right person for this project. In the end, it's a ring I wear almost daily, and I couldn't be happier with it. When I stop to think about the meaning it holds I get a little teary eyed, and none of this would have been possible without PS. :)

rough_0.jpg

dsc_338.jpg

img_10102.jpg

_35628.jpg

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm loving seeing everyone's posts of their special bling. Here is mine. This is a ring my parents had made for me when I was a younger teenager, with an amethyst my dad bought years before on a trip to Brazil. It was quite a substantial ring for someone my age and it felt so sophisticated. It's special because it was my first "serious" jewelry, a step toward my grown-up self -- and of course because it helped ignite my love affair with beautiful jewelry!

img_10103.jpg

img_10104.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results