shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew|1407866664|3730966 said:
I received my rope today and I'm in love! They're a medium green with cherry overtones (not really blue-ish like the glamour shot)! I tried to take a few pictures but was unsuccessful at capturing them so I'll try later today. I hope everyone is as pleased as I am with their new treasures!

Congrats on your new rope pkinnew!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
makeable|1407876291|3731056 said:
Thank you pkinnew, cmd2014, dmz, 4RanchGirl and HHPmom. dmz I'm sure your strand will equal if not surpass mine and I can't wait to see what beauty you end up with.

A quick neck shot with my iPhone of my new pearl strand. I'm so pleased with the quality :appl:

Pearl%20Strand%20Day.jpg

Those are gorgeous. More neck shots, please, when you get a chance. Those pearls are meant to be worn. :love:

Great choice. :wavey: :appl: :cheeky:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1407877547|3731067 said:
makeable|1407876291|3731056 said:
Thank you pkinnew, cmd2014, dmz, 4RanchGirl and HHPmom. dmz I'm sure your strand will equal if not surpass mine and I can't wait to see what beauty you end up with.

A quick neck shot with my iPhone of my new pearl strand. I'm so pleased with the quality :appl:

Pearl%20Strand%20Day.jpg

Those are gorgeous. More neck shots, please, when you get a chance. Those pearls are meant to be worn. :love:

Great choice. :wavey: :appl: :cheeky:

I second that. They are gorgeous.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Truly gorgeous! The size, colors and luster are fantastic. Wear your new necklace in health.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I love them on you Makeable! They are really something!!!

I can't wait to see more pics from everyone. It's almost more fun than getting some yourself (mine should be ready to ship in a day or two, so hopefully by the end of the week or early next week at the latest they will be here!). They're slower as I am having the strand lengthened.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
The last photos I posted of my new PP strand weren't great. Here are some better ones that show the colours. They're glorious.
Overcast day, outside.
outside_1.jpg
outside_2.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Caro -- I also love the shapes of your pearls. Man are they comely.

mapo

Shiny_Rock
caro40|1407889698|3731185 said:
The last photos I posted of my new PP strand weren't great. Here are some better ones that show the colours. They're glorious.
Overcast day, outside.
outside_1.jpg
outside_2.jpg

caro, your new strand is absolutely gorgeous! you nabbed a keeper!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Caro40, those shapes are so pleasing. The overtone is so rich. You picked a great one!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Caro40, those shapes are so pleasing. The overtone is so rich. You picked a great one!

caro40

Shiny_Rock
I was lucky to get this one. It turns out I like drops better than rounds on me, and the gentle bands of colour are delightful.
I also bought the blue one that you posted about cmd2014. This will be lengthened a little to sit under the one in the pictures above.
I have tremendous pearl guilt but I also know I have been obsessing about tahitian drops for a while now and so know what I like when I see it and these things don't come up all that often...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
caro40|1407895624|3731254 said:
I was lucky to get this one. It turns out I like drops better than rounds on me, and the gentle bands of colour are delightful.
I also bought the blue one that you posted about cmd2014. This will be lengthened a little to sit under the one in the pictures above.
I have tremendous pearl guilt but I also know I have been obsessing about tahitian drops for a while now and so know what I like when I see it and these things don't come up all that often...

Oh yay! I'm so glad that my picture helped! I was talking to Chenai about it today saying how glad I was that someone removed it from temptation for me as I was weakening...I'm so glad it's going to you. The strand you have is beautiful! I can't wait to see them together!

I'm jealous of people's arrivals....I'm so impatient for mine!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1407737659|3730067 said:
DMZ what kind of lighting was your pictures taken in. You will get the colors of Tahitians to show best in natural north defused light. If you are in florecent light, direct sunlight or bright light it will suck the color of the pearl right out of it. Also when pearls are shipped the tend to go to sleep and it takes a while for them to wake up and show overtones. Crazy I know but they do. The pictures from PP have been taken under perfect conditions with a full spectrom light bulb in a light box. I can see similarities of the strand you recieved and the one in the picture when looking at several of the pearls. In the end PP will make sure you are happy wheter or not a mistake has been made.

Caro's pictures above is a good example of home pictures vs light box pictures.

Wow, cool! Please tell me more about this, it sounds fascinating. I've heard about chameleon diamonds that do this, but I'd be interested to learn more about pearls that react to light.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl and bsomio!

That is one TDF strand caro40, gorgeous!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1407932029|3731427 said:
Wow, cool! Please tell me more about this, it sounds fascinating. I've heard about chameleon diamonds that do this, but I'd be interested to learn more about pearls that react to light.

Unfortunately, when we first open our pearl purchases, it's often in the worst conditions. The pearls are on a black background if the box has a black bottom, and the lighting is usually not optimal. It's night with artificial lighting (they look best in diffuse natural lighting -- like soft indirect Northern light). On top of that, they seem to "go to sleep" in their packaging and travels. I don't know if this can be scientifically proven, but many of us notice that our strands "wake up" or "warm up" as the hours pass or by the next morning. I have gone to bed disappointed with a purchase only to wake up the next morning and fall in love with the very same pearls.

Partly, our expectations have had time to adjust overnight while we sleep (we've been imagining and excitedly waiting for what we thought the pearls would look like, and now that we've seen them in reality, our fantasy and reality need some time to merge). Partly, we're seeing them in more favorable lighting the next morning. And partly, they truly seem to stretch, wake up and warm up into their true colors.

When I very first read this, I was very skeptical. But I've experienced it myself time and again.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1407937657|3731471 said:

Unfortunately, when we first open our pearl purchases, it's often in the worst conditions. The pearls are on a black background if the box has a black bottom, and the lighting is usually not optimal. It's night with artificial lighting (they look best in diffuse natural lighting -- like soft indirect Northern light). On top of that, they seem to "go to sleep" in their packaging and travels. I don't know if this can be scientifically proven, but many of us notice that our strands "wake up" or "warm up" as the hours pass or by the next morning. I have gone to bed disappointed with a purchase only to wake up the next morning and fall in love with the very same pearls.

Partly, our expectations have had time to adjust overnight while we sleep (we've been imagining and excitedly waiting for what we thought the pearls would look like, and now that we've seen them in reality, our fantasy and reality need some time to merge). Partly, we're seeing them in more favorable lighting the next morning. And partly, they truly seem to stretch, wake up and warm up into their true colors.

When I very first read this, I was very skeptical. But I've experienced it myself time and again.

This is good for me to hear.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
caro40 - Your strand is amazing! The drops are so lovely and I think they're a very feminine shape!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Caro, I love the colors and luster of those smooth drops – you snagged a fabulous strand. I thought about buying that one myself, but I already picked up 2 strands at the Ruckus. I also really like the color variation in your long rope.

Makeable, your new strand is gorgeous – I love the pops of blue and purple and the glowing luster.

DMZ, I am sure you will end up with a beautiful strand for your wife.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
These are the 2 Tahitian necklaces I purchased at PP during the Ruckus. The 35” strand was selected by 4Ranch Girl (at my request), who declared that to be my strand. (HHPmom and a few other experts concurred on the choice.) The luster is amazing IRL. The 18” strand was one I picked out from the trays because the purplish tones and smooth AAA drops spoke to me. (Caro’s new strand almost gave me second thoughts when I saw is on the website, lol.) It may have been excessive buying both necklaces, but I couldn’t let either one go. The 2 necklaces look similar in the photo, but IRL the longer strand seemed darker and more multi-colored.

Both are at PP waiting to be strung. I have to make a final choice about how to string the 35” strand. I like double strands, and would not wear a long strand often. (Maybe on weekends, but not with my work suits.) I was initially going to leave it long (and add a few more inches), but then I realized that, because the pearls are graduated, if I doubled it, the largest pearls would be hidden in back. I talked with Hisano about breaking it into 2 separate strands (18” + 19”) to avoid that issue. She recommended making one 18” strand with the smaller pearls and one 19” strand with the bigger pearls because the pearls have already been matched parallelly and it would be a shame to break up the beautiful pattern. So, I will end up with 3 strands in the 18-19” range. I hope they will look different enough that it makes sense to have all of them.

tahitians__ruckus_2014_.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay,

I wonder if it might be nice to either get clasps that would look pretty visible, or mystery pearl clasps so that you have the option of wearing your longer strand (soon to be 2 strands) back as a rope if you wanted to. Kind of like the harvest strands with the keshi pearl clasps (where there is a removable bracelet which can either be worn in the rope or on it's own). I'm with you...I typically wear suits to work and a double strand works best for that neckline, but your rope is just so beautiful it might be a shame not to be able to wear it long if you wanted to....

Also, I'm just going to say....oooooooh! Your necklaces look beautiful!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1407943046|3731502 said:

I had the same experience with my silver Tahitians (the neck shot I posted earlier in the thread). When I opened the box (in direct sunlight, in my car, in front of the FedEx building, I wanted to cry. They looked dead and steel grey, and not at all turquoise like they looked in the glamour shot. I would have returned them if it were not for international shipping and customs...but they are my most reached for strand now and look silvery turquoise both IRL and in pictures. I can't explain it.

Mine arrived today, but I won't be able to get them until tomorrow afternoon. Even though I made special arrangements to pick them up today at noon at the FedEx depot, they still put them on the truck and attempted delivery to my house. So now I won't be able to get them until lunch time tomorrow, as they will be closed by the time I am done work today. :angryfire:

I also see that someone snagged the 26 inch rope. If anyone here bought it, I'd love to see a picture!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1407964135|3731752 said:
Kay,

I wonder if it might be nice to either get clasps that would look pretty visible, or mystery pearl clasps so that you have the option of wearing your longer strand (soon to be 2 strands) back as a rope if you wanted to. Kind of like the harvest strands with the keshi pearl clasps (where there is a removable bracelet which can either be worn in the rope or on it's own). I'm with you...I typically wear suits to work and a double strand works best for that neckline, but your rope is just so beautiful it might be a shame not to be able to wear it long if you wanted to....

Also, I'm just going to say....oooooooh! Your necklaces look beautiful!

Thank you!

I thought about using mystery connectors or pretty clasps so I would have the option of wearing the 2 strands as a long rope. The problem is that for that to work with the pearl size graduation looking like it does now, the clasp on the rope with the smaller pearls would have to be center front. The current rope will be cut in half on each side, with the front section forming the larger strand and the back sections forming the smaller strand. So, the mid-sized pearls currently on the sides of the long rope will be the back pearls on the larger strand and the front pearls on the smaller strand. I have akoya strands with mystery clasps. The clasp is pretty much invisible, but the 2 pearls with the connector pieces bump right up against each other without the gap from the silk knot. It might be noticeable right at the front of the strand.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1407957387|3731664 said:
These are the 2 Tahitian necklaces I purchased at PP during the Ruckus. The 35” strand was selected by 4Ranch Girl (at my request), who declared that to be my strand. (HHPmom and a few other experts concurred on the choice.) The luster is amazing IRL. The 18” strand was one I picked out from the trays because the purplish tones and smooth AAA drops spoke to me. (Caro’s new strand almost gave me second thoughts when I saw is on the website, lol.) It may have been excessive buying both necklaces, but I couldn’t let either one go. The 2 necklaces look similar in the photo, but IRL the longer strand seemed darker and more multi-colored.

Both are at PP waiting to be strung. I have to make a final choice about how to string the 35” strand. I like double strands, and would not wear a long strand often. (Maybe on weekends, but not with my work suits.) I was initially going to leave it long (and add a few more inches), but then I realized that, because the pearls are graduated, if I doubled it, the largest pearls would be hidden in back. I talked with Hisano about breaking it into 2 separate strands (18” + 19”) to avoid that issue. She recommended making one 18” strand with the smaller pearls and one 19” strand with the bigger pearls because the pearls have already been matched parallelly and it would be a shame to break up the beautiful pattern. So, I will end up with 3 strands in the 18-19” range. I hope they will look different enough that it makes sense to have all of them.
How interesting to split up the rope that way. Is that what the blue tape signifies, cutoff for 2 strands? I also tend to double my ropes for some higher necklines and the larger pearls do end up in the back, which is disappointing.

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
LOVELY pearls, all! i think perhaps the blue tape signifies the 3/4 mark, so as to aid in matching...?

also, over at PP......NEW ROPE DROP!

(and yes, i'm jealous of whomever got the 26" rope - that was glorious!)

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Blue tape signifies those pearls should be replaced due to quality, color, or whatever reason, at owner's request.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know....I always find that I'm torn between missing something great, and buying something only to find something that I love more later on in the sale. Those ropes are GORGEOUS (but fortunately or unfortunately depending on how you look at it out of my ability to buy at the moment). I have, however, seen another strand that is different than what I have that I am dying to get, but will seriously stretch my budget....what to do, what to do!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never mind....I bought it. It was this one: TAN200-1-PJ-WP

18-inch AAA 9.2-11.8 mm Multicolor Tahitian Drop Pearl Necklace

This luxurious strand features Tahitian pearls with smooth drop shapes, very high luster, and clean surfaces. The pearls range in color from dark green to glowing whites (very rare for Tahitian pearls) and have shimmering overtones.

The finished strand will be double-knotted on color-matching silk and finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp. The length of the necklace is approximately 18 inches.

That's it. I'm cut off.

3995_1__multi.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1407969754|3731822 said:
Never mind....I bought it. It was this one: TAN200-1-PJ-WP

18-inch AAA 9.2-11.8 mm Multicolor Tahitian Drop Pearl Necklace

This luxurious strand features Tahitian pearls with smooth drop shapes, very high luster, and clean surfaces. The pearls range in color from dark green to glowing whites (very rare for Tahitian pearls) and have shimmering overtones.

The finished strand will be double-knotted on color-matching silk and finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp. The length of the necklace is approximately 18 inches.

That's it. I'm cut off.

cmd2014… good for you!! I just bought: TAN200-2-PJ-WL!!!!,

18-inch AAA 9.3-11.9mm Multicolor Tahitian Drop!

I am so excited about this one, when the description read Rare and white T's that did it for me. I have a few other coming, but I feel this is the one for me my first T-strand! 3996_1__0.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
cmd2014|1407964654|3731758 said:
Frost Me|1407943046|3731502 said:

I had the same experience with my silver Tahitians (the neck shot I posted earlier in the thread). When I opened the box (in direct sunlight, in my car, in front of the FedEx building, I wanted to cry. They looked dead and steel grey, and not at all turquoise like they looked in the glamour shot. I would have returned them if it were not for international shipping and customs...but they are my most reached for strand now and look silvery turquoise both IRL and in pictures. I can't explain it.

Mine arrived today, but I won't be able to get them until tomorrow afternoon. Even though I made special arrangements to pick them up today at noon at the FedEx depot, they still put them on the truck and attempted delivery to my house. So now I won't be able to get them until lunch time tomorrow, as they will be closed by the time I am done work today. :angryfire:

I also see that someone snagged the 26 inch rope. If anyone here bought it, I'd love to see a picture!
I just received my package. The sun is setting so the pearls don't look like much in artificial light. Let's see what tomorrow brings :?:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results