shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014 and Frost Me - Those drop strands with the white Tahitians are seriously gorgeous and so unusual. :love: Please post lots of photos when they arrive. :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1407974335|3731875 said:
cmd2014 and Frost Me - Those drop strands with the white Tahitians are seriously gorgeous and so unusual. :love: Please post lots of photos when they arrive. :appl:

So glad forum members bought these 2 strands!!! I looked at both of them and debated, but decided to hold out for a longer rope. They are gorgeous!!!! Looking forward to more photos of them.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kay|1407965528|3731771 said:
Thank you!

I thought about using mystery connectors or pretty clasps so I would have the option of wearing the 2 strands as a long rope. The problem is that for that to work with the pearl size graduation looking like it does now, the clasp on the rope with the smaller pearls would have to be center front. The current rope will be cut in half on each side, with the front section forming the larger strand and the back sections forming the smaller strand. So, the mid-sized pearls currently on the sides of the long rope will be the back pearls on the larger strand and the front pearls on the smaller strand. I have akoya strands with mystery clasps. The clasp is pretty much invisible, but the 2 pearls with the connector pieces bump right up against each other without the gap from the silk knot. It might be noticeable right at the front of the strand.

I see the issue....the only suggestion I could make would be to pick an unusual and beautiful clasp (maybe a diamond or laser ball) that you could put at the front (or slightly off center of front) of the smaller sized strand, so that you could either wear it at the front, or slightly off to the side and have it look like a decorative enhancer rather than a clasp. You'd need to put a matching one at the back of the larger strand to connect them, and then you could have the best of both worlds.

I recently did something similar with my AAA Akoyas. I had American Pearl (who I bought them from when I was in NYC and got to visit their showroom) make me an extender with a matching fancy white gold clasp that I don't mind being seen along the strand. This one sits at the back and lets me convert my 18 inch to slightly longer than 20 (which is a perfect length for some of my dress necklines), but my ultimate plan is to get a bracelet at some point with the same clasp and use it as an extender for days that I want a longer strand (much less $$$ and more flexible than buying a 2nd longer strand). The clasp would end up being somewhere down the side. I was inspired by the Kamoka harvest strand that someone has here (I can't remember who owns it but it is a dream strand).

That said, a double strand is always gorgeous too.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Or another thought would be to put just a single, gorgeous clasp on the rope, and let it be at the front with the larger pearls when you double it. That would look interesting and beautiful too (and intentional rather than accidental).

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1407979352|3731923 said:
...but my ultimate plan is to get a bracelet at some point with the same clasp and use it as an extender for days that I want a longer strand (much less $$$ and more flexible than buying a 2nd longer strand). The clasp would end up being somewhere down the side. I was inspired by the Kamoka harvest strand that someone has here (I can't remember who owns it but it is a dream strand).

Like this one? :bigsmile:

Thank you for the sweet comment. :))

I love convertible jewelry, too. So much more flexible.

kamoka_5796.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frost Me|1407971322|3731834 said:
cmd2014|1407969754|3731822 said:
Never mind....I bought it. It was this one: TAN200-1-PJ-WP

18-inch AAA 9.2-11.8 mm Multicolor Tahitian Drop Pearl Necklace

cmd2014… good for you!! I just bought: TAN200-2-PJ-WL!!!!,

18-inch AAA 9.3-11.9mm Multicolor Tahitian Drop!

I am so excited about this one, when the description read Rare and white T's that did it for me. I have a few other coming, but I feel this is the one for me my first T-strand!

Yay! You must have had such a hard time choosing between the two! I'm so glad there were 2!!! It reminds me of the Keira necklace that someone had made recently. (I saw it on the ruckus neck shots and have to admit I filed a picture of it for future reference as a dream strand... Sorry but I have not yet perfected matching the strands to the people).

For fellow international buyers: PP has put into place a new global shipping company (with reduced shipping rates yay!) but the down side is that you have to make your final purchase through their outside website, and it might take up to 48 hours for them to alert PP to your purchase (I found out because I paid, and then the strand was still in my cart and not showing up as an order so I phoned to be double sure), so call them after you buy something if it is a one of a kind and get them to pull it from the website (to avoid someone else buying your strand too). I'm sure they will get it sorted out, but I would have been super sad if someone else nabbed my Keira-esque strand after I paid for it.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Flygirl that's the one!!! If you ever find it missing, you'd have to frisk me first!!! I have been coveting it ever since you posted it!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1407980634|3731940 said:
Flygirl that's the one!!! If you ever find it missing, you'd have to frisk me first!!! I have been coveting it ever since you posted it!

LOL! :bigsmile:

And, here is the photo I took of Kay's beauty from the ruckus. Pictures truly do not do this strand justice. It is breathtakingly beautiful in person.

Just to be complete, and I'm all for adding eye candy to a thread. :naughty:

4kay20140726_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's a good thing I'm too far to attend the ruckuses....I might become overcome and then peoples' lovelies might not be safe from me!

I got a natural light picture of my strand! Here it is:

I was hoping that it might be a little more cool toned like Kay's but I am still very happy! I went for the laser cut white gold ball clasp this time (my others are all the matte wg balls).

So tomorrow I will get my dark peacocks and these are shipping out tomorrow or Friday (probably ground though so it might be a longer ship than the FedEx that I have gotten used to).

_21353.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous, cmd2014. :appl:

Thanks for the photo.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think this is one of my favorite threads because I have yet to see one strand that I would not want to wear. My poor lap top has drool on the key board.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1407983379|3731968 said:
Oh it's a good thing I'm too far to attend the ruckuses....I might become overcome and then peoples' lovelies might not be safe from me!

I got a natural light picture of my strand! Here it is:

I was hoping that it might be a little more cool toned like Kay's but I am still very happy! I went for the laser cut white gold ball clasp this time (my others are all the matte wg balls).

So tomorrow I will get my dark peacocks and these are shipping out tomorrow or Friday (probably ground though so it might be a longer ship than the FedEx that I have gotten used to).

cmd2014 You think like me, I am assuming you are speaking of Kiera Knightly strand and Kay's :love: :love: . Your natural light shot is exciting, what color of silk are you having it strung. I want something light and it was suggested by PP silver, also another suggestion of olive; bearers secret… I am not sure if that is a brand. I am going with the Silver and WG laser ball.

3996_1__0.jpg

mintea

Rough_Rock
Well, I got my strand and I'm undecided as to whether or not it is a keeper. The shapes, sizes, and length is perfect. The color, however, goes muddy and drab in many indoor lighting conditions. I'm not sure if I could do better... I might keep an eye on the sale for a strand with a more emerald body color and overtones that are more blue/green. I'm still not sure my complexion makes the peacock/aubergine really sing. The pearls are growing on me day by day - I was very disappointed when I first opened the box. But my few other Tahitian purchases have been love at first sight, so I'm a bit lost now! I think I'm spoiled for all other Tahitians after getting a hand-selected pair of ultra-rainbow drop earrings from PoJ...

Anyway, here are the stock photo, glamour shot, and some of my "real life" amateur photos of my PP sale necklace:

01_ppstock.jpg
01_ppglam_0.jpg
1111_0.jpg
img_1255_zpscf00b7e1.jpg
pearlneck.png
42b98dc2-7171-412b-979e-e2b658ff8392_zps803e7d0f.png

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Everyone's pearl strands & ropes are divine. Fly Girl your Kamoka Harvest Strand is spectacular. I love the convertible concept. Brilliant!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
mintea -- your photos are great. The luster of the Tahitians is excellent and the shapes are lovely and alluring. That center drop is pretty as can be.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful strand, mintea. I love the size, the wonderful fat drops, and the stunning overtones. I love the intense green overtones on those pearls...that smaller center pearl is amazing! :appl:

Those are really beautiful pearls. I hope you find that they work with your coloring.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frostme, it didn't even occur to me to discuss thread colour...I think I will trust PP to do the "matching" thread, whatever colour they think works best, as they would have way more experience than I do about what will look right. And you're right, I was thinking of the Keira Knightly necklace and Kay's gorgeous version of it when I snapped it up.

Mintea, I can see how you'd have had a different mental picture of your pearls than what arrived. I think the glints of eggplant and turquoise look nice on you (better or your neck where you can't see them than on your arm which is much more tanned, for sure...and way better on your neck than the other photos). Maybe once you wear them for a bit you might begin to like them more? My own experience has been that the glamour shots give way too unrealistic an expectation of what things look like and might almost set us up to be disappointed (after all, who wouldn't want those glorious shade variations and the blindingly intense colours?), and that it can take a while to let go of the wishing for the light box version and to begin to love the real life one. I think of it as "Hollywood romance" vs. actual marriage. (I think this is what people might mean by warming up their pearls). It's why I've started asking for natural light shots, so that I can adjust my expectations before my strand arrives so that I can avoid wanting to cry in front if the FedEx building after I rip open my package in the car. But if you don't love them after a day or two, they're too $$$ to sit in a drawer.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Mintea, I felt exactly the same way about my strand, which is quite similar to yours. Yours may be bigger? The funny thing is that I had no preconceptions about your strand so when I saw it just now I thought 'wow, that's gorgeous', and it suits you. My strand is beautiful by anyone's standards but I had a heavy duty set of preconceptions about it and I also feel disappointed in certain lights. It's growing on me though as I see its beauty in different lights and don't judge it too harshly in others :). This may sound ungrateful to those people who love the strand but my mind's eye was different...

cmd2014 - I Want That Necklace. Good work.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Cmd and Frost Me, I saw those two lovely strands with the white Tahitians and wondered which lucky PSers would grab them. They both have a great mix of light and dark pearls.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1407981417|3731952 said:
cmd2014|1407980634|3731940 said:

LOL! :bigsmile:

And, here is the photo I took of Kay's beauty from the ruckus. Pictures truly do not do this strand justice. It is breathtakingly beautiful in person.

Just to be complete, and I'm all for adding eye candy to a thread. :naughty:

You are very sweet. I just wish I had had the strand on straight, lol. I totally drool over your Kamoka strand and those gorgeous clasps.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Caro, then we're in good company as I have often felt the same way about yours! :)) Because I never really saw the glam shot for yours, all I can think is WOW those are some beautiful, colourful, radiant drops that look great on you!

My only worry is that the light multicolored one might be too olive-y toned for me. The stock photo made it look more white and silver (I'm a bit Snow White ish in my coloring....dark hair and pink-toned fair skin, so I only really do well in cool colours. Time will tell I guess (I figured it was worth the risk). In truth, what I REALLY wanted was your strand, Kay....although I strongly suspect that would require an entirely different budget!

Oh, and I have to admit that the asymmetry is part of what appealed to me....I had assumed it was on straight, Kay (and I thought to myself, that's a brilliant way to have arranged the pearls!). So any way it sits you are clearly set!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Mintea, your strand has great luster and luscious smooth fat drops. I think the color looks lovely on your neck, but if you prefer blue-green tones, you should get what you want. I wish pearls could always look as great as they do in a light box or bright sunlight.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations to everyone who picked up the newly listed Tahitians! I really love the ones with white and can't wait to see neck shots. Beautiful!

mintea - Your new pearls are gorgeous but if you don't love them I would return them for a strand that "talks" to you. Not immediately when you open the box but as you walk around the house with them in your hand, watching the colors change. Just my thoughts...

mintea

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the positive feedback and advice, everyone. I learned my lesson about demanding photos in natural light next time - the glamour shots are nice, but a bit deceptive for someone that can't interpret them properly! These pearls are growing on me more as my original expectations fade into the distance. I'm not inclined to send these away so easily, because I'm not sure I could get such smooth drops at such a low price point in the future. I have seen people comment online that some cherry, peacock, and aubergine pearls can end up looking brown, and I see what they mean in some lights. But since they have a subtle chameleonic quality, they seem to "go" with virtually any color clothing I pair them with, unlike my paler multi-colored Tahitians, which only shine when paired with neutrals or subdued colors. I know that these drops wouldn't sit in a box, neglected... but they do leave the door wide open for me to justify a rich blue-green strand someday. :twisted:

If I keep the necklace, I have four petite loose pearls to use. The original strand was the standard 18" and 8.8 - 12.0mm in size. The smallest four were removed to take it down to a 16" length. If funds were abundant I'd probably get these loose pearls made into a tin-cup style bracelt with gold chain, but I need to come up with a more DIY and budget friendly design for now.

sdc13259hand.jpg

I'm really enjoying stalking this thread for pictures, everyone is picking up such lovely pieces.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Few shots of the strands I bought. It's darker IRL than glam shots but that's expected. What's unusual is that it looks much better in full sunlight than shade. Usually it's the opposite. So now I'm torn because the luster and surfaces are outstanding but I rarely spend time in full sunlight so I wouldn't be able to see all of the colors.

My camera doesn't work well in direct sun but IRL, the full sunlight photos have the best color while the shade muddies them.

pp_14-08-08.jpg

20140814_121023.jpg

dsc09746.jpg

dsc09749.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My peacock strand arrived today...but it's a lesson that even natural light shots might look different than IRL arrivals. I love them...they match a pair of peacock earrings that I own from before perfectly...but they do NOT look like even the natural light shots. IRL they look grey-green with just a few flashes of peacock (turquoise and pink/purple) that is very subtle except on one
stunning pearl towards the back. Here's my montage (might need 2 posts as I crashed the first one):

4043_1__0.jpg

img_6530__4__natural_light_photo_2_1.jpg

neck_shot_cropped_0.jpg

neck_shot_cropped_3_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the strand on white paper by a window:

dark_tahitians_small.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster:

My favourite shot is the one of your neck (and I might actually like the shade shots better too). The pastel colours are just gorgeous!!! I think it is beautiful...but it's always easier to love someone else's pearls than your own I'm finding.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster - I can't get over how different the pearls look in each picture! The neck shot really surprised me - it looks pistachio/gold! Amazingly gorgeous!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - I'm glad you love your new strand and it looks great on you! I agree with you on pictures of Tahitians. My rope doesn't look like the glamour shot but that's ok! And no matter how hard I try I can't get a decent picture of it post here! After living with it close at hand with it for awhile (lol) I can see the pearls are green with intense peacock (not the cherry I thought before) but no picture I've taken represents them. Oh well, I will keep trying. Please wear your new pearls in the best of health and often!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results