carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
baby monster|1407525963|3728733 said:
I got a glam shot of the multicolor strand I bought. Can't wait to try it on.

SWEET!!! That is gorgeous! Can't wait for neck shots!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow BabyMonster you scored with that strand. It is beautiful and so colorful. Enjoy :appl: :appl: :appl:

makeable

Shiny_Rock
I couldn't resist this sale. This is the glamour shot of my pearls. I can't wait to see them in person.

Pearl.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
makeable -- really beautiful! I look forward to your neck shots!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
BabyM and Makeable .... two beautiful strands ! Really really pretty ! :appl: Please do post photos when you receive them !

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Baby Monster, Pkinnew, Makeable, your completed necklaces are amazing! Can't wait to see neck shots. Hope you ladies get them soon.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Makeable, I love those two blue pearls on either side of centre. I can't wait to live vicariously through neck shots!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
makeable, that strand has so many beautiful overtones. I'm so happy for you!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1407525963|3728733 said:
I got a glam shot of the multicolor strand I bought. Can't wait to try it on.

Beautiful!!!! I think this is the strand I was lusting after on the first day of the sale!!! :love:

dmz

Rough_Rock
makeable|1407551779|3728939 said:
I couldn't resist this sale. This is the glamour shot of my pearls. I can't wait to see them in person.

Pearl.jpg

Is it just me, or does that strand look suspiciously similar to what I thought I ordered? Should I be concerned?

pearls_4071_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, lots of nice strands on the website. It would be interesting to see pictures of new IRL pictures compared to vendor pictures in the other thread. I chose mine at the ruckus but the rope still needs tweaking with some pearls.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
dmz|1407591806|3729140 said:

Pearl.jpg

Is it just me, or does that strand look suspiciously similar to what I thought I ordered? Should I be concerned?

pearls_4071_1.jpg

No worry dmz. The center pearls don't look the same. The other poster has a much darker center pearl. Her bright green pearl 2 away from the center is # 22 counting on the right side. Yours is 18.

Hmmm. Now that I looked at it again it seems yours was turned the opposite way from makeable's. Kind of hard to tell due to some pearls' angles. I counted and the sequence is the same but the ones at the curves make it hard for me to verify.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock

Pearl.jpg

pearls_4071_1.jpg

It does look pretty similar, doesn't it? I have noticed, though, that a few strands that had numbers next to each other were almost identical. You haven't gotten your beauty shot, yet?

dmz

Rough_Rock
HHPmom - (you keep editing...) But yes, if you flip the picture, and count, the general colours match up. Lighting is different though. Now I'm going to be stressing until Monday (scheduled delivery). Shipped on Wednesday.

pinkjewel - Didn't know to expect or ask for an additional photo. I saw it and bought it right away.

I'm in Australia, so this will be a nightmare to sort out if there's a problem.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
Not wanting to add to your stress but I agree this is the same strand. Counting each pearl in order as you described they are a match.

dmz

Rough_Rock
caro40 -- that's what concerns me... what are the odds?

makeable -- couldn't have picked a better one myself :eh:

I sent them an email, but I'm not sure anyone is around on the weekend. I'm very curious as to what's going to arrive on Monday.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Pearl.jpg

pearls_4071_1.jpg

Sometimes it takes some effort to come up with mixing and matching colors that look nice when put together. Could it be that the person who strung the 1st strand like the color combination so much that she made a few more strands using the same color combination? I am suggesting a possibility as I like to make mixed colored bead bracelets myself and I do make a few strands in same color combination sometimes to give to friends or as spares in case the one I'm wearing snaps. Hope it's not a mistake though as I understand that you can't get a refund on GST in Australia.

caro40

Shiny_Rock
The reason I am sure this is the same is not only the extremely improbable outcome of the exact same colours in the same order but where you can see the shapes. The browny one at the end is in profile in both pics and is the same. There is a slightly oval lighter one a couple of pearls in from there (I don't have the pic in front if me) that is also a match.
I think that if we are correct then PP would be horrified and would make everything right for you one way or another. Jeremy is excellent.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I just went back and counted pearls, too. I think you're right- they look to be exact, not just similar. Oh, my... :o

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! I hope there hasn't been a mistake. Mine were shipped UPS and should be here today or Monday. I will post pics as soon as I get them.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
dmz, is this what you ordered?

TAN200-835-WM
18-inch AA+/AAA 8.4-12.1 mm Near-round Tahitian Pearl Necklace
14K WG Ball Matte

dmz

Rough_Rock
makeable|1407599024|3729197 said:
dmz, is this what you ordered?

TAN200-835-WM
18-inch AA+/AAA 8.4-12.1 mm Near-round Tahitian Pearl Necklace
14K WG Ball Matte

yes :confused:

Ordered about 30 minutes after I got the email advertising the sale.

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Were there two of these strands available? I don't remember if it said "The strand in the photo is the strand you will receive". Although I can't imagine there were two of these. Oh dear, how strange :confused:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! It looks EXACTLY the same to me too. I have to admit that I tried to buy that one too the first day of the sale (because it was gorgeous and a surprising price for how round the pearls are -great minds think alike, hey?)...it went into my checkout but when I picked the shipping option, entered my Cc # and hit go, I got an error message. By the time I refreshed, it was gone, and then the out of stock message was up on the website. This was around noon central time. When did each of you buy yours? If there was a time lag between the two purchases, I'd be less worried about a mistake....

I hope there isn't a mix-up. I have to pay duty here too in Canada, and between that and the cost of shipping, it's $$$ to return items. But I also learned recently that there is a (well hidden) application you can make for a refund of duty if you are a casual purchaser and can offer proof that you returned the item. Perhaps Australia offers the same thing. Also, I had to return my 36 inch metallic rope from the last sale in to be restrung as the strand broke, and they reimbursed me up to $35 for the return shipping (as they couldn't do a fedex return label like they do in the US). I ended up only being out about $5 (it cost me $43 for shipping and insurance, but with the exchange rate I got about $37.50 refunded). So I suspect they'd offer you something similar for return shipping if need be.

Fingers crossed for you both that it's a weird coincidence...

makeable

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1407602750|3729220 said:
Oh no! It looks EXACTLY the same to me too. I have to admit that I tried to buy that one too the first day of the sale (because it was gorgeous and a surprising price for how round the pearls are -great minds think alike, hey?)...it went into my checkout but when I picked the shipping option, entered my Cc # and hit go, I got an error message. By the time I refreshed, it was gone, and then the out of stock message was up on the website. This was around noon central time. When did each of you buy yours? If there was a time lag between the two purchases, I'd be less worried about a mistake....

I hope there isn't a mix-up. I have to pay duty here too in Canada, and between that and the cost of shipping, it's $$$ to return items. But I also learned recently that there is a (well hidden) application you can make for a refund of duty if you are a casual purchaser and can offer proof that you returned the item. Perhaps Australia offers the same thing. Also, I had to return my 36 inch metallic rope from the last sale in to be restrung as the strand broke, and they reimbursed me up to $35 for the return shipping (as they couldn't do a fedex return label like they do in the US). I ended up only being out about $5 (it cost me $43 for shipping and insurance, but with the exchange rate I got about $37.50 refunded). So I suspect they'd offer you something similar for return shipping if need be.

Fingers crossed for you both that it's a weird coincidence...

My confirmation email is timestamped 11:12AM Pacific Time. That's approximately 1/2 hr after I received the sale email. dmz ordered around the same timeframe.

They were the first strand that caught my eye. My fingers are crossed with yours.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
If it's the same strand then whoever checked out first gets it. PP's system will say it's OOS when the latter checkout is completed. If it's too close then they would catch it (based on certain posts in the past in the other forum) manually and notify the 2nd person. But we are all human. With busy sale traffic, I assume with multiple checks (assembly, appraisal certificates, packing, etc. those involved had to initial on the packing slip) it's not 100% error-free.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, well the only thing I can think of if they have both already been shipped (if you both did in fact order the only version of the exact same strand) is that PP must have noticed the mistake, and if there was only the one strand, that they custom put together an another one as close to identical as possible to send the person who isn't receiving the one in the picture. You'd think they would contact you though and let you know.

So long as what I received was an excellent copy in terms of having the colours of each pearl, along with the luster, shape, size, placement, and quality matched, I think I'd be ok if they weren't the exact ones shown. The copy would need to be darn near perfect (or better) though, and I'd like to be told.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy. I know these things happened in the past as I've gotten emails from PP saying that the pearls I bought were purchased by someone earlier. Their systems lags during these high volume sales. I've also received pearls other than I ordered so they do make mistakes occasionally. It all gets sorted out in the end but I can see how duties will add on complications to this.

dmz

Rough_Rock
If I had to guess, makeable probably ended up with the ones pictured. I didn't ask for/get a finished "glamour shot" in addition to the product page. And I ordered the polished ball, not brushed. [no real preference -- my wife has Freshadamas with the brushed ball so I went for variety.]

I was in contact with pearl paradise to make sure the Australian credit card / address worked. We recently moved here from Canada, and it was the first time using that card and address combo. There was no mention of any issues.

I'm certain the product page said "The strand in the photo is the strand you will receive" because I specifically checked knowing returning them would be complicated.

Originally I was worried about keeping them a secret until our anniversary. Now I'm going to have to try and keep all this hush-hush. I'm sure it will be worth it in the end.

On a lighter note, neck shot of the aforementioned Freshadama strand:

75-80freshadama.jpg
75-80freshadama2.jpg

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Aww, lovely wedding photos dmz.
I have a feeling you are right. If it does indeed turn out I received the pearl strand and your heart is set on giving them to your beautiful wife please tell PP to contact me. I can send them back to PP and so they can send them off to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results