PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
DMZ who could NOT love that strand ! What a lovely gift! :appl:

Caro....wow....what a gorgeous strand !! :love:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
doubledouble - You have a tough decision! I prefer #2 but I think it'll be easier to see what looks best on you when they arrive. Have fun!

caro10 - Congratulations on getting that strand! it's beautiful!!

dmz - Your wife will go crazy over the strand you selected! I love the different colors in the strand - very classy!

JaneSmith - Ok, what did you order?

I hope to get pictures of my rope today. They were pretty busy yesterday afternoon!!!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been a long time lurker, but this is my first time posting. First, hi everyone! I have so much enjoyed reading your posts (on both boards), looking at your pearls (not to mention following the ruckus), and I have to say that you have all inspired me to purchase pearls online (I snagged one of the 35 inch white metallic strands from the PP July sale, a silver baroque strand from PP, and most recently I have been weighing between two strands from the Tahitian sale (and probably driving Chanai crazy with my chats and requests for photos and indecisiveness).

I would love to have the collective wisdom/experienced eyes of the board weigh in between two strands. I am too new to post the natural light photos of them I am afraid. If someone can help with that, I'd appreciate it.

One is image number 4043 and the other is 4050 (item numbers TAN-200-806 which is a 8 - 11 mm AAA drop with peacock overtones vs TAN-200-814 which is a similarly sized baroque with dark green and strong blue overtones).

I think the links would be:

http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4043_1_.jpg
http://www.pearlparadise.com/images/product/large/4050_1_.jpg

I bought them both, but am having to decide which one to give up before they ship them to me (am not in the US and customs charges and shipping makes getting them in person and sending them back an issue). Plus, my plan is to have them lengthened just a bit to 20 inches, as I already have a number of shorter strands.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Argh. Sorry to be so cryptic. I did intend on posting again right away but got busy. And now I have no pics! ;(
I was disappointed that there were not more ropes available, so I just ordered three strands of multicoloured baroques and asked them to make me a long rope. Woot! :dance:

CMD, I like the second one, but that is simply my personal preference.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the goodies go to good homes, as some of the are truly gorgeous.

DK :))

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1407361784|3727461 said:
Argh. Sorry to be so cryptic. I did intend on posting again right away but got busy. And now I have no pics! ;(
I was disappointed that there were not more ropes available, so I just ordered three strands of multicoloured baroques and asked them to make me a long rope. Woot! :dance:

Hmmm... when I talked with Jeremy yesterday he said they had not listed most of the ropes yet. According to him there are a lot of 50" ropes yet to be posted!! :dance:

mapo

Shiny_Rock
CMD, I prefer the first one. I like the shapes more in the first one. Good luck deciding. If you can't decide, you should keep both and combine them to make a 35 inch rope!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CMD, I would ask PP to photograph these strands next to each other in natural light to give you a better idea of how they'll look IRL.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Hi cmd2014 - Welcome! :wavey:

Either strand will be stunning. I would go by the clothing you wear most of the time. Do you favor reds and greens, or prefer lots of blue tops? Then go with the strand with the similar overtones.

Good luck, and please come back with photos once you receive your strand. :appl:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I prefer the first strand. But that is such a personal choice and they are both beautiful.

I agree that having them photographed side-by-side would be helpful.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Definitely ask PP to photograph them for you. I've just done that myself and it really helped.

I wanted to buy a Tahitian strand but I wanted it to be approx 15.5 inches. However, there is no discount for the shorter length as it's a special sale, so I paid $115 to have two of the pearls set into drop earrings (and receive the other leftover pearls).

The thing is that if I wanted to return the items it would cost 20% of the total price. Being a special sale, they aren't quite as returnable as usual. So then I became a bit worried in case I didn't like them. So PP easily agreed to take some further shots, and it really helped. They look lovely and I would have missed out otherwise.

Here are the shots of the soon-to-be-mine strand! :appl: Hope they look as nice in real life as they do in these shots! I'm planning to wear them choker-style with black tops:

08-06-14.jpg

08-06-14b.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
OMG! I love it! A Tahitian choker with matching earrings. Brilliant. Post lots of neck/ear shots, please.

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I will, assuming the purchase works out! I have never looked at or bought Tahitians, or any pearls this big! Gulp. Hope I like them!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1407364149|3727483 said:
JaneSmith|1407361784|3727461 said:

Hmmm... when I talked with Jeremy yesterday he said they had not listed most of the ropes yet. According to him there are a lot of 50" ropes yet to be posted!! :dance:
Damnit. I wish they would just put it all up at once. I know they are busy so I don't want to bug them.

JanesJewels, those look fab!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
JanesJewels - Beautiful strand and I'm pretty sure that is the landscaping behind PP exactly where I was standing trying on pearls a couple of weeks ago. So, I can confirm that the photos were taken outside in the lovely Los Angeles natural lighting. :sun:

They will be lovely in person, and those shapes are beautiful. Love a pearly drop. :appl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recognize that wall! I did get a side by side natural light picture of the two strands (on that very wall, too!) that EJ sent me...I just don't know how to post it here.

In the end I decided to go with the peacock ones (the 1rst strand that was less baroque). They were both so beautiful that I went back and forth all day (to the point where I was changing my mind every 5 minutes and got no work done today), but in the end I worried that the blue might be too similar to the silver-blue ones I already have from PP (they are quite ringed and baroque, and were listed as having a silver body colour with subtle peacock overtones, but read silvery-blue in direct sunlight almost like blue Akoyas, and a steely silver-turquoise in indoor light, with only the faintest hints of purple on a few pearls in indirect light if I squint really hard). Plus there was something about the smoother shape and the glints of purple in the other one that drew me in. I'm very fair with pink toned skin and have quite dark brown hair, so I tend to wear a lot of black, white, blue, purple, and dark blue-red and thought that having a less blue strand (as my silver-blue ones are quite turquoise in some lights) would give me some variety. I thought they could be winter pearls while my silvery ones work better with the lighter colours I wear in the summertime. Of course, seeing iLander's blue ones again on the other thread, and 4ranchgirl's blue strand in the ruckus neck shots makes me wish I had a big enough budget to buy both! I've had not-buyer's remorse each time I've given up one of the strands.

But if anyone can point me to how to post pictures, I'd be happy to show the natural light shots (as the blue one is coming back up on the website in the next day or two), as well as a neck shot of the silver-blue strand that I bought from PP last month.

Wait....let me try an attachment. Apologies in advance if I mess it up. iPhone neck shot of silver/peacockTahitians from PP that I already have.

_21102.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok! Will post daylight side by side pic tomorrow (pictures are at work). Oh and pardon the sunburn that I somehow managed to get on my chest through 60spf in a matter of seconds. Celtic skin is just not very user friendly...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the natural daylight pictures. The outside one is the blue strand (strand #2) and the inside one is the dark green with strong peacock overtones (strand #1). You can see the tone similarity between the blue one and the baroque one from PP that I already have....which is what ultimately tipped the balance for me.

img_6530__4__natural_light_photo_1_0.jpg

img_6530__4__natural_light_photo_2_smaller.jpg

mapo

Shiny_Rock
cmd, I can see why it's hard to choose. the silvery-blue one is fantastic. but so is the peacock one. since you already have the silvery tahitians, the peacock one is a great choice. I'm looking forward to neck shots!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will do.

I may also see about going back to the thread with the glamour vs. IRL shots and add mine in. I found that so helpful and validating.

@JanesJewels: Those are beautiful! I love the almost perfect drop shapes, the luster, and the colour. Simply stunning! Plus having earrings which perfectly match is great.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the PP picture of my Tahitian rope!

14-08-07-_1.jpg

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Pkinnew, Your rope is beautiful. I hope you enjoy it, and I look forward to seeing more pictures when you receive it.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cmd and pkinnew, thanks for eye candy. Gorgeous pearls. Can't wait to see neck shots.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
JanesJewels - I love the idea of a Tahitian choker! Very cool!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014 - I think the peacock will be perfect on you! They look like very nice pearls - congratulations!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks pkinnew! Of course, I showed my husband the picture when I got home tonight, and he said he liked the blue one better. Aaarg! That's ok, as tempted as I am to buy both, I think given what I already have, the peacock is the better choice. Besides, there are still those harvest strands coming up....

If anyone wants the blue one, it's $720, number Tan200-418. It got reposted today (and you already have a daylight shot).

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, sorry, it's Tan200-814.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a glam shot of the multicolor strand I bought. Can't wait to try it on.

14-08-08-_3.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to buy a strand, but I am getting that tornado with my grandmas pearls, and it looks like that tin cup too, so I am going to be sitting this one out. For anyone getting any please let me live vicariously through you by seeing oodles of neck shots!!!! :whistle: :saint:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1407525963|3728733 said:
I got a glam shot of the multicolor strand I bought. Can't wait to try it on.

That is a STUNNING strand!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results