shape
carat
color
clarity

please show me your full bezel settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i am getting an rb cut colored stone and i''m thinking of doing it in a low-set full bezel. probably wg -- maybe with a brushed or hammered finish?
i''d love to see some different shape and size combos for the bezels and bands!
thanks!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Medium set bezel from Quest.

Quest3.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Top down view of the bezel.

Quest5.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simple low set no fuss bezeled gemstone ring.

Solitaire-Blue-Spinel4.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that one from Quest is beautiful.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 3:23:09 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
Wow that one from Quest is beautiful.
i love the milgrain just inside the bezel. what a cool detail!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 3:15:45 PM
Author: Chrono
Medium set bezel from Quest.
I''ve had this saved in my favs file for a while, simply because that bezel with the milgrain is divine!
30.gif
LOVE IT!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I have *always* loved that ring.
18.gif

bold and dainty

Rough_Rock
Love this one ...

Bezel

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, do you have a link to that ring and/or some pricing information? I looked up one Quest and they didn''t have it, and another Quest''s rings won''t load up for me.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a vintage repro beauty from Singlestone...

2.04 K VS vintage cushion cut diamond set in a platinum hand crafted "Single Stone" mounting.

cushionbez.jpg

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
here is my e-ring, please excuse the super dry hands! need any sanding done?
32.gif

newly bezel set.jpg

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Not my ring, but I kind of like the modern look of the band. I believe the sapphire is around 1 ct.

F2315_New.jpg

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/12/2008 6:49:30 PM
Author: lisaC
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-oec-finally-finds-a-home-in-quest-manufacturing-custom-vintage-tiffany-inspired-setting.29473/

Gwendolyn, Chrono''s ring (which I absolutely love) was originally Mrssalvo''s which was a copy of a vintage Tiffany which is why you can''t find it on the Quest site.
1.gif
Chrono -- so it went from a prong setting to a bezel setting? wow. did quest do the milgraining? it looks impeccable!

lisaC -- i like that ettienne perret also. i think that may be the type of look i''ll go for, though the idea of doing milgrain on the inside is very very tempting. i wonder how milgrain would look with a brushed finish, though? incongruous?

kcoursolle -- i''m actually thinking of a garnet RHR too, also with a dan stairs stone. i''m waiting for it to come in the mail. your ring is beautiful -- i did see gypsy''s thread somewhere though that knox has expressed that they aren''t interested in bezel setting colored stones at this point.
7.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
I love the look of the milgrain too, but I would be a little worried about having any extra tools that close to my precious lovely stone. Bad enough that they have to make the bezel, I''ve made my peace with that. But that milgrain is awfully close to the stone. A tiny slip of the hand... especially with softer coloured stones.

Just something to keep you busy at 3am. (sorry ''bout that!)

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
good point about the milgrain being a risk. i hadn''t thought of that. less of a worry with a diamond, i suppose.

Selike -- i like the semi-nautical look of that setting a lot. where did you find it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2008 6:09:21 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Chrono, do you have a link to that ring and/or some pricing information? I looked up one Quest and they didn''t have it, and another Quest''s rings won''t load up for me.
Lisa is correct. The ring is handmade by Quest and isn''t a stock item. Quest tried to cast it but it just didn''t work out, it had to be handmade. It was originally MrsSalvo''s ring (with 4 prongs) but then her OEC chipped and she gave the stone back to her insurance company and put it up for sale at Pearlman''s. I then purchased it, sent it back to Quest for modifications. I was also worried about chipping my OEC so I asked Quest to change it to a bezel set ring. It is a replica of an antique Tiffany ring.

Tacori & Metro,
Thanks for the compliment on the ring. *Blush*

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this?
simplebezel.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 12:12:51 PM
Lisa is correct. The ring is handmade by Quest and isn''t a stock item. Quest tried to cast it but it just didn''t work out, it had to be handmade. It was originally MrsSalvo''s ring (with 4 prongs) but then her OEC chipped and she gave the stone back to her insurance company and put it up for sale at Pearlman''s. I then purchased it, sent it back to Quest for modifications. I was also worried about chipping my OEC so I asked Quest to change it to a bezel set ring. It is a replica of an antique Tiffany ring.

Tacori & Metro,

Thanks for the compliment on the ring. *Blush*
Chrono, it is without a doubt one of the most beautiful rings I have ever seen. Thank you so much for telling the very interesting story behind it--did you know mrssalvo had returned it, and you asked for it specifically, or did Quest have it on display and you snatched it up? I would be inclined to think the first, since the odds of the second happening seem pretty slim, but y''never know...
1.gif

PS: Sorry for the hijack!

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 12:22:34 PM
How about this?
simplebezel.jpg
wow, Chrono -- where''s that one from??

i love your setting, chrono -- it is perfect for that type of stone! this one looks more like what i''m lokoing for. i like the delicate shank a lot, and i do love flowy settings!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwen,
I knew MrsS had chipped her ring but didn''t know she had put her setting up for sale. I happened upon it at Pearlman''s website but didn''t buy it because her ring is a size 3.5 (or size 3, I''m not 100% sure). Bill told me that he couldn''t size it up to 4.5. After talking about it here on PS, MrsS told me that it''s her ring and she had Quest make it. I think ECF (the vet PSer) was also interested in the ring as well. ECF suggested that I ask Quest if Quest can resize it. When Quest said, it''s no problem, I snatched up that setting ASAP from Pearlman''s and haven''t looked back since.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2008 12:40:30 PM
Author: enbcfsobe

Date: 2/13/2008 12:22:34 PM
How about this?
simplebezel.jpg
wow, Chrono -- where''s that one from??

i love your setting, chrono -- it is perfect for that type of stone! this one looks more like what i''m lokoing for. i like the delicate shank a lot, and i do love flowy settings!!
I''m trying really hard to recall - it''s a designer ring. It isn''t Sholdt...it''s just at the tip of my tongue.
29.gif

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
thanks! lots of ideas in that one! if you remember the designer, please do let me know! it is fabulous.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 10:42:07 AM
Author: enbcfsobe
good point about the milgrain being a risk. i hadn''t thought of that. less of a worry with a diamond, i suppose.

Selike -- i like the semi-nautical look of that setting a lot. where did you find it?
The setting is called, appropriately enough, the "Lady Captain''s ring" and it''s from Cross Jewelers:
Bezel settings. That particular ring is in the sapphire collection page.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is a Ritani endless love with a ceylon sapphire about 1.5 ct.

Ritani endless love sapphire  058.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results