shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Identify my gem

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby - don''t do anything to it. Look at it this way (as Chrono has said)...... the dyeing process was done to make the stone look better. If you remove the dye it will not look good. It won''t make it gem quality material and I doubt whether it will improve it''s $ price. Keep it for yourself and try to enjoy it. Don''t throw it away but put it down to experience. If you''re ever going to buy a gemstone again, make sure you buy it with a certificate from a reputable lab - don''t pay lots of money unless you''re 100% sure what you''re getting.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
You are right,its better not to spend a single more penny for it.
"curiousness killed the cat"-that is for me now.
And yes,you will not beleive me,this was my first Gem,which I bought without certificate,I thought this more to be a collectable than Gem.
My problem is that,I cannot explain all these facts to my Fiance,mom,dad,nor I can hide my hopelessness.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 1:28:10 PM
Author: rubyisforlove
You are right,its better not to spend a single more penny for it.
''curiousness killed the cat''-that is for me now.
And yes,you will not beleive me,this was my first Gem,which I bought without certificate,I thought this more to be a collectable than Gem.
My problem is that,I cannot explain all these facts to my Fiance,mom,dad,nor I can hide my hopelessness.
We all make mistakes. I''m sure your family will understand. One thing I would add is that you should NEVER buy gemstones as an investment. They very rarely are. There are some exceptions but really not many.

It''s done now. You can''t go back so it''s no point beating yourself up.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Am really amused win this forum-its like a big family.I lost some money,faith on people but got lot of support from you.Right here,my new journey starts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m with LD in that there’s not much you can do at this point. Chalk it up to a painful and expensive lesson learned. Your family will understand (eventually). Few people buy for investment and even those who don’t, find the gemstone world a wide and confusing place. Take more time to learn and check out the purchase before pulling the trigger. I’m confident your next foray will be a much better experience.

rubyisforlove

Rough_Rock
Thanks for constant mental support.
@Chrono-I wish so!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results