shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me think of a girl''s name...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I am pregnant and we are not finding out the baby''s sex. I would like to, but DH very much wants it to remain a mystery and I am letting him win this one
2.gif
We have thought of a boy''s name we love, but for the life of us we cannot think of a girl''s name! Arrgh! There is no mad rush, we have lots of time left, but the problem is, because I have no girl''s name, I find myself thinking of the baby as a bay...a boy with a name!... and imagining him when he is born etc etc. So I am feeling too much of a "preference" for a boy! So I need a girl''s name I love and adore so I can imagine having a daughter too!

I have looked through almost all the names in the site www.babynamesworld.com and haven''t found "the one". Do you know of any othr great baby name sites? Or great books? Do you have any name suggestions? How did you come up with the names for your kids? I thought this would be so wasy
39.gif
and it is so hard! LOL!

We like sort of old-fashioned, sophisticated sounding names. Some we liked so far are: Charlotte, Vivian, Bianca... but none is "the one". We want a name that is unusual, but not too unusual, and we don''t want any of the trendy names these days. I like feminine sounding names. Our last name started is "S" and has two syllables if that matters.

Thanks!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on the new baby to be :)

I have to say without a doubt some of my favourite girls names are:

Lilly and Eliza

Both to me a little oldie worldie, whimsical and pretty but still modern enough to not sound like old peoples names.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
This site takes a little bit of a different approach to baby names (and can be a massive time-waster!): The Baby Name Voyager. You begin typing in a name and it graphically displays the popularity of the name in the US over the past century.

As for names, I''ve always liked Fiona.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
One that I always liked is a variation of Evelyn - to Ava-Lynn. I also like Cassandra and Renee. Congrats on your pregnancy!

GoingCrazy29

Shiny_Rock
How about:

Claire, Lydia, Lillian (Lily), Claudia, Margaret (Maggie), Hazel, Elsie, Alice, Jane, Elizabeth(Betsy)

Those are just some kind of older sounding ones that I can think of right now, I''ll keep thinking though! Good luck
1.gif

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
I like the name Jillian, Lillian, Elle, Courtney, Micayla, Chloe, Charlotte, Lindley, Vanessa, Reagan, Bailey, Quinn...

sna77

Brilliant_Rock

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!
What about Elizabeth, Evione, Rose, Ella, Eva, Lilly, Emma, Emma-Lynn,

Wow that''s alot of E''s...
23.gif

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
I love Eva and Audrey for old-fashioned and sophisticated. =)

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
If DH and I had a girl her name would have been Grace Elizabeth. We also liked Avery, Madison, Olivia, and Isabella/Isabelle. I also really like Victoria and Alexandria/Alexandra.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 10:34:59 AM
Author: aliciagirl
I love Eva and Audrey for old-fashioned and sophisticated. =)

I love those names too!!!

Sorry, DD, Im not much help. I would be as stumped as you are if I were in your situation!!!
2.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see...I love Clara, Sophia, Amelia, Amie, Angelina, Audrey (apparently I like "A" names), Katarina, Natalia, Ana, Clare, Regina, and Robin. I know there are more, but that''s all I can think of at the moment.

OH! Madison. I knew there was another one.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Tatum. Kendall. Avery.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Riley, Kendall, Mackenzie, Morgan, Roxanne, Ava, Greer, Charlotte, Sheridan, Alexandra, Grace, Elizabeth, Kira, Kara, Madeline...I am sure I will think of more!

You can see I like a lot of names and I am all over the map!

Congratulations, that is wonderful and exciting

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
My favorite two names.. Victoria and Scarlett!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Vivian too ... along the same lines: Lucille, Rosalee, Rose Marie, Annabelle, Rain, Stella, Roxanne, Sophie.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paige
Lyla
Lilly
Logan
Kendal
Riley
Madison
Liza
Sophie
Lexy
Vanessa

Like any of those?

cbs102

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:03:37 AM
Author: decodelighted
I love Vivian too ... along the same lines: Lucille, Rosalee, Rose Marie, Annabelle, Rain, Stella, Roxanne, Sophie.
I LOVE THIS NAME TOO

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
some of my favorites are sara-ashley, amelia, and francesca
1.gif
followed by matilda and fiona

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Haha! Both of our dog''s names are in your list! That''s the one thing that sucks about giving your dogs human names...I would love to name my future girl Anabeth. But it sounds way too much like Anabelle.

So, I like Annabeth, Bailey, Gabrielle (or Brielle), Gabriella...Or maybe just Elle or Ella...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also love Scarlett!

I even liked Ruby and Scarlett for twin girls! (weird I know, the red theme)

Vivienne is lovely too, and I love Gabriella

Carly is pretty to if you can get over Carly Simon

I used to like Chelsea but now I do not

Chloe is another one I am a bit tired of...but it is pretty

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Sophie or Sophia
Marianne
Eleanor or Elinor
Catherine
Lydia
Georgiana
Margaret
Isabella
Louisa
Beatrice

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!
36.gif
DH and I war on names for future little ones, LOL.

I like Katherine Elizabeth. He likes Alexis (no middle name yet). I think it might be because he has a crush on Alexis Bledel though.
20.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I love the names Lauren, Emily and Sarah. Lauren isn''t as popular as the other two now. Grace and Hope are also nice (my grandmother''s name is Hope, and I would be named that, but my cousin was born earlier than me and got it first!)
I know someone who is naming her girl Ava which I thought was unusual and very pretty.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Genevieve, Merlaine, Sophie, Georgia, Isabelle, Emma, Vivienne, Amelia.

cheers--Sharon

somehowcollide

Brilliant_Rock
This is so much FUN!

Can I add my own? I apologize if I repeat any..

Florence
Mabel
Rosemina
Pearl
Zadie
Cora
Hattie
Emmaline
Viola
Ophelia/Odelia
Bella
Mona
Wynona
Sabina
Vivian
Audrina
Estella
Mazie

Since we''re all enjoying this exercise so much, I move that we start naming our diamonds!
53266vc9f8mmjke.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/29/2008 11:08:40 AM
Author: cbs102

I LOVE THIS NAME TOO

Me too!!! Lots of people have been saying Eva or Ava, and I also like the name Evelynne and it could be shortened to Eva or Evie.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted my daughter to be Audrey but my husband didnt like it (21 years ago) so we have a Jamie. Also love Grace and Hope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results