shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Don''t Hate Me - Dress Drama Solved

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Nicely done, AG! Now enjoy the occasion!!

cheers--Sharon

laine

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! Glad you got everything figured out. Both dresses look great, but I second what everyone else says--love the purple on you, super hot!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH! That purple one is everything I''d hoped you''d find and more. It''s just PERFECT!!!!! Everything about it is just wonderful. I adore the accessories too!!! ALL of them!

OH, I''m so HAPPY for you!!!

If hubby wouldn''t kill you, I''d keep the casual blue dress too. I was great on you (though the purple dress is both great on you and dressy enough!)

YAY YAY YAY!!! I''m just sitting here with a huge grin on my face!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:55:29 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Date: 6/6/2008 1:52:08 PM

Author: neatfreak

Both pretty, but that purple one, you look HOT!!! Wear that one when you want to really be smoking.
2.gif
Love it!

Hehe Neatfreak - hot and me aren''t words that have gone together in my wardrobe vocabulary for quite some time, so thank you for that
9.gif
The (impossibly nice and helpful) ladies at the shop said something similar - they suspected that DH would absolutely love the purple one. He hasn''t seen it on me yet, but he liked it so much on the hanger that he is already saying I should go back this weekend and get it in another color if they have one (I think they have black which would be really pretty). Of course, then I might need the pale gold quilted Marc Jacobs clutch, and those gold naturalizers, and maybe the wrap in pink or something...
31.gif
27.gif
11.gif

Well that sounds like a plan!
11.gif
Seriously, you are smokin'' hot in the purple dress and I LOVE the accessories! It would be great in black with gold as well! I especially love your MMJ clutch...in fact, I might need one for myself!
11.gif

I''m glad you found two great dresses, although I must say that I like the purple one best! It''s so hard to find the perfect dress for an event sometimes, as you''re well aware! I''m having the same problem trying to find a dress for my cousin''s wedding...I might just wear an dress that I already have, but where''s the fun in that?!
3.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:33:36 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m loving the purple one. And we are shoe twins. I have those silver Naturalizers too!!

me too!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much you guys for all the nice comments.
9.gif

I guess this won''t be very sad news since most of you liked the purple dress better anyway, but I discovered slight fraying in the fabric near the zipper on the teal dress, so I''m going to take it back and exchange it, but since I was going to get the purple dress in black anyway, that''s not really a big deal
1.gif
Plus, it gives me a good excuse to get all those other accessories to go with the black dress.

I tried on these shoes at Macy''s on Friday, and they are super-cute in person - very sexy
31.gif
So, since I have a discount card for Macy''s, I think I''ll get those in the pale gold and the dark bronze,and then one more wrap in a brighter color, probably a pink, and then I can mix and match with the two dress and have lots of outfit options
9.gif

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Now I don''t feel so bad about saying I didn''t like the teal one. It looked like it needed to be tailored between your arms and hips. It may have been because your arm was always up taking pictures, but it looked too big for you around the rib cage and the shoulder straps were too wide for your narrow frame.

The purple one, however, is divine. Good choice! Much better than ALL the others...
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
SDL - I think the pictures on the website don''t do the shoes justice - they are super hot in person. I''m so glad to know that you have some AK shoes, as I''ve never owned a pair and I wasn''t sure about the quality. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried them on in the store by how comfy they were for such sexy shoes!
23.gif

Thanks Starset - I think the angle of the picture was distorting the teal dress a lot, but its true it didn''t fit as nicely as the purple one. I''m so glad that purple one is such a hit with everyone
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh! And in further exciting news, I got the purple dress in black silk, which is super nice - its a little more elegant and formal than the purple. I also got another of the Marc Jacobs purses in a pale gold color, and I''ll wear the black dress with that purse and the pale gold AK heels, and probably a bright pink wrap (wrap is still to be found/decided
2.gif
).
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 6:06:10 PM
Oh! And in further exciting news, I got the purple dress in black silk, which is super nice - its a little more elegant and formal than the purple. I also got another of the Marc Jacobs purses in a pale gold color, and I''ll wear the black dress with that purse and the pale gold AK heels, and probably a bright pink wrap (wrap is still to be found/decided
2.gif
).
9.gif
You will look marvelous darling!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! I''m glad you got the black dress and the gold MMJ bag! Random question...do you know the style name of the MMJ clutch? I am dying for the silver one so I can have a dressy bag...I don''t own one currently!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 7:50:00 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 6/9/2008 6:06:10 PM

2.gif
).

9.gif
You will look marvelous darling!

Thanks Miss Skippy - I am drooling looking at your gorgeous studs in your av
30.gif
What a perfect 10K gift you got yourself, and you posted such lovely pictures for us all to enjoy.

I have to dig out the ol'' camera and clean my studs and try to have a better photo shoot with them - I''ve had them for almost a year now and I don''t think I''ve posted a thread dedicated to them yet...
15.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 10:54:25 PM
Author: thing2of2
Yes! I''m glad you got the black dress and the gold MMJ bag! Random question...do you know the style name of the MMJ clutch? I am dying for the silver one so I can have a dressy bag...I don''t own one currently!

thing2 - sadly, I don''t know the style name. Is there a website that sells or lists most of his line? I''m sure I could recognize it if I had pictures to go off of. I really hope we can find it for you online - it is such a cute bag, and such a great size for a fancy dress bag, and it comes in such lovely colors. I''ll do some looking around and see what I can find online.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 11:01:44 PM
Date: 6/9/2008 10:54:25 PM

Author: thing2of2

thing2 - sadly, I don''t know the style name. Is there a website that sells or lists most of his line? I''m sure I could recognize it if I had pictures to go off of. I really hope we can find it for you online - it is such a cute bag, and such a great size for a fancy dress bag, and it comes in such lovely colors. I''ll do some looking around and see what I can find online.

Thanks AG! I really do love it. It looks just perfect!

I looked on the major websites (Saks, Neiman, Bloomingdale''s, Zappos, etc.) but didn''t see it. I''m going to keep looking...hopefully it''ll pop up!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 10:59:36 PM

30.gif
What a perfect 10K gift you got yourself, and you posted such lovely pictures for us all to enjoy.

I have to dig out the ol' camera and clean my studs and try to have a better photo shoot with them - I've had them for almost a year now and I don't think I've posted a thread dedicated to them yet...
15.gif
Thank you for your kind words!!! I love seeing everyone's studs, pull out that camera and start snapping. hehe
2.gif
more%20pix%20pls.gif
You can't tease us by telling us about the studs now and not posting, pweeese post soon. hehe
3.gif
3.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
thing2 - found it here - you could probably e-mail them and ask for the name of it. I googled "Marc Jacobs satin evening bag" and a bunch of stuff came up. What bothered me though was that some sites were advertising it at so-called "reduced" prices of like $70, and I got it at the Marc Jacobs store for $35. So beware of that, but I would try e-mailing the people at that link - they can probably tell you where to get it. That link doesn''t show all the colors either. And FYI, also, the color that a lot of the websites call "silver" isn''t really - its a pale gold with silver leather trim (very pretty - that''s one of the ones I got). Just so you don''t expect it to actually be silver.

They had it in the store in the dark grey/pewter, the pale gold, a chocolate brown w/ bronze trim, a purple, a pink, and black.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/9/2008 11:18:13 PM
Author: Skippy123
Date: 6/9/2008 10:59:36 PM

30.gif

I have to dig out the ol'' camera and clean my studs and try to have a better photo shoot with them - I''ve had them for almost a year now and I don''t think I''ve posted a thread dedicated to them yet...
15.gif
Thank you for your kind words!!! I love seeing everyone''s studs, pull out that camera and start snapping. hehe
2.gif
more%20pix%20pls.gif
You can''t tease us by telling us about the studs now and not posting, pweeese post soon. hehe
3.gif
3.gif

Hehe I will try Skippy - I do love my new camera, but I also love the prospect of finishing my PhD soon and I have been a busy busy girl trying to make that happen, hence I''m rarely home during the day when there is good light. But I promise I will try
2.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I like the purple one better so I''m not sad at all about the fraying.

Did those Naturalizers come in gold too? Not a champagne gold, but a gold, gold?

I am still hunting for a comfy pair of gold shoes.

Too funny about the PhD comment. I think putting together an outfit is far more stressful than any real work I''ve had to do.
33.gif

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
amber i love the dress! definitely flattering and I can totally see the shoes being very sexy!! great finds!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/13/2008 8:55:10 AM
Author: lovelylulu
amber i love the dress! definitely flattering and I can totally see the shoes being very sexy!! great finds!
ditto!!!!! You''re going to look smashing. Absolutely love the dress!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2008 11:26:07 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I like the purple one better so I''m not sad at all about the fraying.

Did those Naturalizers come in gold too? Not a champagne gold, but a gold, gold?

I am still hunting for a comfy pair of gold shoes.

Too funny about the PhD comment. I think putting together an outfit is far more stressful than any real work I''ve had to do.
33.gif

They do come in gold, and, funny story about these shoes - the bride had the EXACT same shoes in the silver I wore (fortunately she wasn''t the type to get offended and just thought it was funny), and I know they come in gold because one of our other friends had them in gold. I can''t wait to see the pro pics, because the photographer got a cute shot of the three of use all with our matching shoes
1.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK, I do have a few pics. Sadly no good ones of the dress (I know, I know) but it turned out to be FREEZING there the day of the wedding - disgustingly hot and humid the day before, and freezing cold and drizzling the day of. Go figure
20.gif

Anyway, here''s a picture of me and the DH (doesn''t he look handsome
30.gif
):

MeJatJuneWedding11.JPG

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s me with the bride (in red - she was absolutely stunning, she had a white dress earlier in the evening too - this picture doesn''t remotely do her justice), a mutual friend who just got married two weeks ago, and the groom (very handsome - again, not the most wonderful picture of him...), but I thought it was a cute shot.

me+S+LM+DatWed22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally, one of me and some of my girlfriends. The girl with the curly black hair standing next to me had those Naturalizer shoes in gold - so funny that she and I and the bride all found them independently of one another and wore them to the wedding
3.gif

Anyway, hopefully I''ll have some more pics once the rest of them start coming in from other peoples'' cameras - there weren''t a whole lot of me on my camera for obvious reasons
3.gif

me+girlsatLM+Dwed33.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
AK shoes are fabulous! My fave pair of shoes (ok ok I have about 20 "fave pairs", but whatever) is AK, and so comfortable! You look great-what all did you end up wearing?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 12:38:40 PM
Author: FrekeChild
AK shoes are fabulous! My fave pair of shoes (ok ok I have about 20 ''fave pairs'', but whatever) is AK, and so comfortable! You look great-what all did you end up wearing?

Thanks Freke - I''m super excited to hopefully have some place to wear the new AK''s soon. I ended up wearing the purple silk dress, silver Naturalizer shoes, silver wrap, and the pewter Marc Jacobs clutch to the wedding, with that blue topaz necklace I posted in this thread as well. Unfortunately I didn''t get to show off the dress as much as I would have liked because it was so cold, but the wrap was/is really pretty, so its not the end of the world...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 12:54:09 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 6/17/2008 11:29:01 AM

OK, I do have a few pics. Sadly no good ones of the dress (I know, I know) but it turned out to be FREEZING there the day of the wedding - disgustingly hot and humid the day before, and freezing cold and drizzling the day of. Go figure
20.gif

Anyway, here''s a picture of me and the DH (doesn''t he look handsome
30.gif
):

What a great picture of you both. Fantastic. :)

Thanks SDL - I''m thinking I might order a copy of that one to put up at my desk at lab
1.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2008 10:28:50 PM
Date: 6/17/2008 4:33:58 PM
Date: 6/17/2008 12:54:09 PM
What a great picture of you both. Fantastic. :)
Thanks SDL - I''m thinking I might order a copy of that one to put up at my desk at lab
1.gif

You''re a doll.. and you make a striking couple. Don''t you have just the prettiest eyes! :)
Yeah! I agree with SDL-you both look beautiful in that picture together! (BF hates it when I call him beautiful-but dang it, guys can be beautiful too!) You should so get a copy of it!!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Oh, you looked fantastic!! Too bad about the cold weather, because that dress was screaming to be shown off!! How ironic that three of you had the same shoes....that usually doesn''t happen.

I did find those shoes in gold...Yayayayay, on sale too. The crazy part is that since the heel is low enough, my daughter might be able to wear them on her wedding. That would be awesome. It could be her something "borrowed". Thanks for the info.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SDL and Freke - you guys are really too sweet
9.gif

Miraclesrule - I''m so glad you found the shoes in gold. Aren''t they crazy comfortable? I think that''s what surprised me the most about them, was how incredibly comfortable they are. I wore them the whole afternoon and evening and my feet actually felt pretty normal at the end of the night, so for strappy sandals, that''s pretty miraculous. I hope your daughter finds them equally comfortable and that they work for her wedding - the bride at this wedding wore her silver ones until the last 10 minutes of the reception and said they were comfortable the whole time
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results