shape
carat
color
clarity

Please Don''t Hate Me - Dress Drama Solved

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OK ladies, so this has been way more effort and drama than any dress ever required. For those following the thread before, I loved the blue dress, but DH adamantly vetoed it for the wedding - he pointed out that our friends are always very formally dressed for all occasions and that their wedding was likely to be extra-fancy because of that (he''s absolutely right). And so what was essentially a stretchy mesh sundress just wasn''t going to cut it
15.gif

So what was a girl to do? I''d shopped every chain store I could think of, and wouldn''t find a single thing I was happy with. DH had the brilliant suggestion to try some of the lovely boutiques we have here in San Francisco. So I remembered a wonderful boutique I had been to a few months ago - I loved everything they made, but a lot of it was a little on the pricey side. Fantastic quality and designs though (they are London-based). Anyway, after my interview yesterday, off I went to check it out. And what did I find - not one but TWO dresses that I could wear for the wedding. So I bought them both. DH loves them both, and either would be appropriate.

Since I was on such a roll, I went looking for accessories too. After splurging on the dress, they had to be reasonable, and guess what - I found them! So I am all set
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Without further ado, I''ll share some pics with you guys. A note - I couldn''t capture the color of either dress well with the lighting I had. The colors are both incredibly lovely and rich IRL. Anyway, here''s the first dress - the draping didn''t photograph super well because I had to contort to take the pics, but its incredibly elegant and flattering IRL. The color is a deep teal, and I may pair it with a metallic belt for some events and try out some different colored ribbons around the waist as well (I found a cute silver belt yesterday to try).

tealdressthreequarters23.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a side shot - a better indicator of how flattering this one is.

tealdressfulllengthsideshot13.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
a semi-front shot

tealdressfromfrontfullsize88.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
another side shot.

tealdresssideshot12.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And one last shot of the teal dress.

tealdressfromfront77.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And here is the other dress - the pics totally didn''t capture it, but its an incredible deep purpley-blue IRL, and its pure silk so it has a lovely sheen to it.

purpledressfulllengthlongshot55.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
a semi-front shot.

purpledressthreequarters99.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Another full length shot semi-front.

purpledressthreequartersfulllength10.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the purple dress - this one is so comfy!

purpledressfulllength11.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a slightly better shot of the color - still doesn''t capture how rich it is...

purpledressfrontforcolor14.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
here are the ADORABLE (and miraculously comfy) silver shoes I found to go with the dresses.

silvershoessideshot21.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the cute silver shoes.

silvershoesfrontshot22.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And at Ann Taylor, none of the dresses worked, but I found this gorgeous silver wrap - its super delicate and almost shimmery in person - so pretty
30.gif

silverwrapshot20.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally, I found this darling quilted Marc by Marc Jacobs clutch/small purse - its a dark silvery grey with pewter-colored trim IRL.

MJclutchfrontshot19.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Here''s the clutch from the side.

MJclutchnochainsideshot17.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The clutch also has this cute chain that you can tuck in or leave out as a strap, as shown here.

MJclutchfrontshotwchain17.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And another shot of the MJ clutch.

MJclutchsideshotwchain16.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And then I got home and realized I had this perfect necklace that would go with either dress to wear - its blue topaz and tiny freshwater pearls, and it is so delicate and lovely.

bluetopaznecklacefullshot15.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And finally (last pic I promise
2.gif
) one more closeup shot of the pretty necklace.

I''m so happy I finally found dresses that I''m happy with and I''m completely accessorized
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

bluetopaznecklacecloseup33.jpg

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
I like the purply one best - but they are both lovely. And I love all your silver accessories - perfect!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Irish Breakfast - I think that one is my favorite, although it also photographs better than the teal one.

But the DH did pronounce that one "more evening" so I''m thinking I''ll almost definitely end up with that one, at least for the dinner/reception portion of the evening.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:14:29 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Very pretty and beautifully put together!!
36.gif
Awww... thanks SDL - I felt such a perverse sense of triumph finally getting this done - I tell you, compared to this, putting together my PhD almost seems easy by comparison
23.gif
J/K....sort of
20.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the purple one. And we are shoe twins. I have those silver Naturalizers too!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:33:36 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m loving the purple one. And we are shoe twins. I have those silver Naturalizers too!!

Hehe Freke - aren''t they just the most comfy shoes?! I love Naturalizers actually - they have such cute designs. I''m considering going back and getting them in gold too because they are so cute and will go with so much
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both pretty, but that purple one, you look HOT!!! Wear that one when you want to really be smoking.
2.gif
Love it!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2008 1:52:08 PM
Author: neatfreak
Both pretty, but that purple one, you look HOT!!! Wear that one when you want to really be smoking.
2.gif
Love it!

Hehe Neatfreak - hot and me aren''t words that have gone together in my wardrobe vocabulary for quite some time, so thank you for that
9.gif
The (impossibly nice and helpful) ladies at the shop said something similar - they suspected that DH would absolutely love the purple one. He hasn''t seen it on me yet, but he liked it so much on the hanger that he is already saying I should go back this weekend and get it in another color if they have one (I think they have black which would be really pretty). Of course, then I might need the pale gold quilted Marc Jacobs clutch, and those gold naturalizers, and maybe the wrap in pink or something...
31.gif
27.gif
11.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Loving the purple one!!!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I love love love the purple one on you! and I''ve stalked those shoes on and off too, there''s a target knockoff that I almost got. Gorgeous! Killer! Best option yet! I have a dark blue silk charmeuse dress that just feels so rich and luxurious, yum!

And most importantly, you clearly feel like $1,000,000 in it/them!

Horray!

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I love both dresses and am so happy that you found not one, but two dresses that work for you! I also have those Naturalizers, but in rose gold. Aren''t they great? And I love that clutch, where did you find it?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results