shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked up her Cushion, proposing Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely ring for such a lovely couple. Best wishes on your future life together. May you cherish your past, present, and future memories together forever. Congrats!!!!!!

tigian

Ideal_Rock
The ring looks beautiful on her! Congratulations to you both!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! The ring is stunning!

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
Thanks, she really likes it! I forgot to tell the story, if anyone cares here it is.

Decided to propose on the first night of the cruise as many of you suggested. Snuck out at dinner to order a dozen chocolate covered strawberries (her favorite) and a bottle of champagne to be delivered to my friend's room at 8:30. Finished dinner and went for a walk on the deck at sunset but it was really windy so we went back inside.

We went up to the top deck lounge to have some drinks and watch the sunset. My buddy pretended that he had to run back to his room to grab something and picked up the strawberries and champagne. We made up a story that they were comped for the first night of the cruise and started eating them. I had the ring hidden just underneath the center strawberry and after eating about half she finally picked up a strawberry, saw it and started freaking out. Then I got on one knee, slipped it on her finger and asked. Of course she said yes! It was low key and pretty private with just a couple that we went on the cruise with present to take pics and drink some champagne with us to celebrate.

The end...

the tree sees

Shiny_Rock
Great story! Thanks for sharing, and congrats!!!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DiamondRascal

Rough_Rock
What a fantastic ring! So elegant and beautiful!!! Looks great on her hand
36.gif

Congratulations!!!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, congratulations!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/21/2009 11:15:54 AM
Author: Jkan2001
hand shot
It looks great on her! you really did a fantastic job!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
You guys look so cute together!
36.gif

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
your future fiance is real lucky!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i can''t believe i missed this one! the ring is GORGEOUS! you did a fantastic job with it AND the proposal! congratulations on your engagement you two!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I loved reading your proposal story, it sounds wonderful! Your fiancee looks thrilled in the pics too! Congrats on your engagement.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2009 4:10:08 PM
Thanks, she really likes it! I forgot to tell the story, if anyone cares here it is.

Decided to propose on the first night of the cruise as many of you suggested. Snuck out at dinner to order a dozen chocolate covered strawberries (her favorite) and a bottle of champagne to be delivered to my friend''s room at 8:30. Finished dinner and went for a walk on the deck at sunset but it was really windy so we went back inside.

We went up to the top deck lounge to have some drinks and watch the sunset. My buddy pretended that he had to run back to his room to grab something and picked up the strawberries and champagne. We made up a story that they were comped for the first night of the cruise and started eating them. I had the ring hidden just underneath the center strawberry and after eating about half she finally picked up a strawberry, saw it and started freaking out. Then I got on one knee, slipped it on her finger and asked. Of course she said yes! It was low key and pretty private with just a couple that we went on the cruise with present to take pics and drink some champagne with us to celebrate.

The end...

perfect!

lovely ring, delightful proposal - great job!

wishing you many years of happiness together. :)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderfully sweet proposal story!! Aaaww! Congrats on the engagement!! You two make a great couple!
36.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Edited to say OMG that ring looks gorgeous on her! You two are just beautiful together and I'm so glad everything went so well!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT looking ring. And it looks lovely on her hand. Congrats!!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
What a great story and beautiful ring!!! Congrats!!!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, congratulations to you both and all the best for a very happy future
35.gif

papillon626

Rough_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations!!!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
What a great story, and the ring looks lovely on her hand! Congratulations!!!

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2009 8:57:27 PM
That was actually my original plan but Royal Caribbean wouldn't make me a cake that said 'Will you Marry me' in lieu of whatever dessert she would have ordered.

The only thing I'm disappointed with is that after doing some research here after I bought it, I may have overpaid a little bit for the rock (good deal on the setting). Also they are mailing me the GIA cert but can anyone identify if this is a cushion modified (crushed ice?) or the more traditional style?
Jkan,

From the pictures it looks like a 4 main cushion brilliant. It should say cushion brilliant on your certificate and the facet plot of the lower half should show an X. It is hard to tell if the facets extend all the way to the edge of the pavillion but it looks that way from your pictures.

IMO this is a nice diamond not crushed ice you see the 4 facets that make an X in one picture and one of them litup fully and it is quite likely in different angles and the others will lightup as well under trhe table. "Crushed Ice" appearance is a term often misused around here and although it is most often associated with cushion modified brilliants many poorly cut diamonds whether modified are not can have this look. The crushed ice appearance is of small little flashes and is often accompanied by watery dead areas with very little brightness or sparkle. Your stone has some nice large flashes to it and would not fall into this category.

Enjoy your ring it is a nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results