shape
carat
color
clarity

Picked up her Cushion, proposing Friday!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Its gorgeous- she''s going to love it!!! Good luck!!!
36.gif
36.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so beautiful - good luck on Friday!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! Great choice, and best wished on your proposal!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!! Post hand shots when you propose! Good luck!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
good luck... its gorgeous!!!
30.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Beautiful! she''ll be thrilled

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments, I think she''ll like it. We were able to pick out the stone together and the bare setting but she hasn''t seen it all put together yet.

We''re going on the cruise with a couple that are good friends and I think my plan is to have them sneak a tray of chocolate covered strawberries (with the ring hidden in the middle) and champagne up to the deck and hide. I will bring her up on a *hopefully* clear night and propose on the deck.

I''m always open to backup plans though in case it''s rainy etc. We''ll definitely post some shots of the ring on her finger when we get back.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous! She''s going to adore it!!!! Best wishes to you both!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Good luck with your proposal!!
36.gif

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Your backup plan can be to do it at one of the formal dinner nights on the cruise! Then you will both be dressed to the nine''s and it will compliment her perfectly! Congrats and good luck!

Beaglemom

Shiny_Rock
She is going to LOVE that ring!! You did a marvelous job.

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
That was actually my original plan but Royal Caribbean wouldn''t make me a cake that said "Will you Marry me" in lieu of whatever dessert she would have ordered.

The only thing I''m disappointed with is that after doing some research here after I bought it, I may have overpaid a little bit for the rock (good deal on the setting). Also they are mailing me the GIA cert but can anyone identify if this is a cushion modified (crushed ice?) or the more traditional style?

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is going to love it!!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Best of luck with the proposal....she is going to be thrilled!

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Lovely, lovely, lovely. Great work... congratulations. I''m not sure I understand your question regarding the GIA report, however, with the fancy shaped stones it has been my experience that you really have to see the stone in person to understand it''s "look," regardless of what GIA calls it on paper (for example, a "modified brilliant" can be many things). To me, based upon your photos here, this diamond does not look like "crushed ice," nor is it an "old fashioned" chunky facet type cushion. It seems like something more down the middle.

Rockit

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I forgot... best of luck to you!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
You two designed a beautiful ring, wishing lots of luck with the proposal it sounds wonderful!

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/9/2009 7:16:39 PM
Author:Jkan2001
I picked up my future fiance''s 1.01 cushion this afternoon and will propose on Friday. She helped design it a while back but didn''t know when I would get it built and propose. It''s a GIA, H color VS2 with VG polish/symmetry with 42 small G VS1 diamonds set in 18K white gold. Total weight is exactly 1.80 carats. What do you think, I hope she likes it. Wish me luck!
Likes it? Are you kidding? She''s gonna be over the moon when you present her with that stunner!
Careful about proposing over the sea though...

laurenfischer5

Shiny_Rock
she will definetly love it!!!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring, I love that cushion!

MrsChil

Shiny_Rock
It looks beautiful! I''m sure she is going to LOVE it! and in regard to your questions it doesn''t look crushed ice at all. Looks like a 4 pavillion main cush like mine :) CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks like a nice cushion, not the crushed look! That ring will be huge on her 5.5 finger!!! How romantic to have a proposal on a cruise!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
I hope your cruise went well!!! Are you two back yet? I can''t wait to see handshots as well as congratulate you already!!

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Yummy!

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
We''re back and have some pictures!

DSC_0081 (Medium).JPG

Jkan2001

Rough_Rock
The happy couple

DSC_0084 (Medium).JPG

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful photos of the ring and the both of you! Congratulations and best wishes to you both. May you spend many happy years together making lots of new memories along the way!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results