shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval 2 carat tsavorite and 1.5 carat violet spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
The pic of the spinel sitting in the setting under the halogens is very nice. The sparkles of the halo stones are flashing the same colour of the spinel. I don''t know if it is just the photo or if it really does this but it looks so good.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, just call me Casper!! LOL!! Thank you for the kind words.

Klewis, yes, that's the color of the spinel reflecting on the diamonds. I didn't see that until I downloaded the photo and saw it. Pretty cool!! Thanks again!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Now I realized that oval looks good in Logr legacy setting too. The green goes really well with wg! by the way can I know the size of your cushion? did you upgrade the diamond and gold for the logr setting? tks!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 9:52:11 PM
Author: chictomato
Now I realized that oval looks good in Logr legacy setting too. The green goes really well with wg! by the way can I know the size of your cushion? did you upgrade the diamond and gold for the logr setting? tks!
Well, the setting is really made for a cushion. The photo is a bit out of focus, so it doesn''t look that good, but I like the contrast of the deep green with the white gold, that''s for sure. The cushion is 1.5 carats and 6.5 x 6.2 x 4.7 mm. It''s a bit too small for the LOGR since that''s a 7x7. I need a 6x6 cushion setting for it. I did not upgrade the diamonds or gold on that setting. Thanks.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
TL, both your stones look great. The spinel looks so sparkly and the color of the tsavorite looks womderful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After taking more shots under my kitchen hallogens, this fuzzy picture is pretty close to the color of the tsavorite. The pink stone on the right is another spinel. Hey wouldn''t this make for a cool three stone look . . . or not??? LOL!!

TLspinelandtsavfuzzy.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2009 10:45:33 PM
Author: Cind11
TL, both your stones look great. The spinel looks so sparkly and the color of the tsavorite looks womderful.
Thank you Cind11!! It''s so hard to capture the color of that tsavorite on camera.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another fuzzy, but cool shot of it in the LOGR under kitchen hallogens. I love the sparkle!! This stone goes more bluish in natural light.

TLvioletspinelinhalologr.JPG

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/5/2009 10:25:53 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 12/5/2009 9:52:11 PM

Well, the setting is really made for a cushion. The photo is a bit out of focus, so it doesn''t look that good, but I like the contrast of the deep green with the white gold, that''s for sure. The cushion is 1.5 carats and 6.5 x 6.2 x 4.7 mm. It''s a bit too small for the LOGR since that''s a 7x7. I need a 6x6 cushion setting for it. I did not upgrade the diamonds or gold on that setting. Thanks.

Thanks for the reply! Looking forward to see the finish pieces, I am sure they will turn out lovely!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chicto,
Oh, it will be a while before I set these. I don't know exactly what I will set them in. I'm thinking no halo for the spinel actually, maybe a three stone combo, two small diamonds on the sides. Can you imagine that, a "no halo" ring for TL!!
6.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2009 12:49:30 PM
Thank you Chicto,
Oh, it will be a while before I set these. I don''t know exactly what I will set them in. I''m thinking no halo for the spinel actually, maybe a three stone combo, two small diamonds on the sides. Can you imagine that, a ''no halo'' ring for TL!!
6.gif

WHAT, NO HALO???
23.gif

Seriously, lovely gems.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 12/6/2009 12:49:30 PM
Thank you Chicto,

Oh, it will be a while before I set these. I don't know exactly what I will set them in. I'm thinking no halo for the spinel actually, maybe a three stone combo, two small diamonds on the sides. Can you imagine that, a 'no halo' ring for TL!!
6.gif

Haha
5.gif
maybe its about time for something new to spice up your collection! 3 stone sounds great! I always have this idea (Oval centre with pear sides) at the back of my mind too! Hopefully I can bring it to life someday...so do you need to get it custom-made?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 7:38:22 PM

Haha
5.gif
maybe its about time for something new to spice up your collection! 3 stone sounds great! I always have this idea (Oval centre with pear sides) at the back of my mind too! Hopefully I can bring it to life someday...so do you need to get it custom-made?
I don''t know, I think I might be able to source the diamonds myself and a calibrated setting. We''ll see, this project is still something I am not planning for a while.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Both are very pretty. I can''t wait to see what you end up doing with them.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 8:43:25 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Both are very pretty. I can''t wait to see what you end up doing with them.
Thanks LtlF,
I am wondering if I should do high karat yellow gold with the violet spinel after seeing this vendor photo of a lavender spinel in 18K yellow gold. My stone is a bit more blue though. Or does everyone think white metal is the way to go??? I could do rose gold again as well.

A90359-3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, that spinel has more pink flashes and yours is more blueish. I think it would look really great in white gold.

BTW I saw a purpl-y spinel today from a certain website that I kinda sorta wanted but I held back...at least for now
27.gif
It flashes pink which is kinda nifty
36.gif

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 9:17:37 PM
Author: Arcadian
TL, that spinel has more pink flashes and yours is more blueish. I think it would look really great in white gold.

BTW I saw a purpl-y spinel today from a certain website that I kinda sorta wanted but I held back...at least for now
27.gif
36.gif

-A
Link to the spinel???
27.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are both very pretty; have fun deciding what to do with them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2009 9:28:51 PM

Date: 12/6/2009 9:17:37 PM

27.gif
36.gif

-A
Link to the spinel???
27.gif
I really don''t need to spend anymore money right?
28.gif
linky

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow A,
I didn''t think you''d actually give me the link!! LOL!!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
All of your stones are so pretty TL! You have a remarkable collection!
30.gif

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, They used to have all their gemstones on ebay but looks like they had taken most of them off.

That particular stone is great, but its got a hell of a wonky cut (which is pretty visible in the video)

That won't always appeal to most but it would to some.

I think they have some great stones for good value, but you do have to kind of pick through them.

Besides, I never have a problem sharing especially if I don't plan on purchasing (in this case I shouldn't!!!)

-A

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
TL, you''re right, that is a great look (YG and purple). I like how the stone pops in that setting. There is something about this particular sapphire and this ring (in my thread) that is a match. Thanks for your thoughts. I still love your violet spinel. Siiiiiiigh :)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Marcy, Brandy, MT.

Arcadian,
Thanks for the link. I know of that vendor, but never ordered from them, but I know some people that do. It''s fun shopping around, especially for spinels!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a sphene from them. They do have terrible pictures to be honest and they video all of their stones with pretty much the same background. I don''t know why they like that gray so much*lol*

What I got from them was a very good color-wise and inclusion wise, the cut was definitely not precision! However, it was good for the price I had paid. So I wouldn''t have a problem buying again knowing those factors.

I do believe that there''s some good deals in there to be had if one wants to search for them.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/7/2009 8:00:44 PM
I ordered a sphene from them. They do have terrible pictures to be honest and they video all of their stones with pretty much the same background. I don''t know why they like that gray so much*lol*

What I got from them was a very good color-wise and inclusion wise, the cut was definitely not precision! However, it was good for the price I had paid. So I wouldn''t have a problem buying again knowing those factors.

I do believe that there''s some good deals in there to be had if one wants to search for them.

-A
A lot of vendors like to use a grey background against a stone. I guess it doesn''t affect the color of the stone. I don''t mind native cuts if the color is awesome or rare. Sometimes, you just can''t have it all - LOL!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for posting more photos!! I do really like the Spinel, and the other two stones as well. I think the Spinel and the Tsav go very nicely together or the Spinel and the purple/pink stone. But I just don''t have the jewelry vision of how to put them together.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
TL, beautiful stones!!!
31.gif

I can definitely see the spinel in full high karat YG, at least 18K. I love the contrast between purple and yellow, it''s so lively!

The tsavorite, on the other hand, I can see with a high karat rose gold head and a white shank. I know it doesn''t need any help to make it pop since the green is already deep in color, but I just love the way RG and green gems look together. As an owner of such piece, I didn''t become a fan until I saw in real life how rich the green looks with the RG metal. From the top, all you see are the prongs anyway, so it won''t detract from the stone.

I can''t wait to see what you''re going to do with this!

I think your lilac diamond might look lovely in high karat YG as well.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks StoneHunter!!

Date: 12/10/2009 6:11:27 PM
Author: platinumrock
TL, beautiful stones!!!
31.gif

I can definitely see the spinel in full high karat YG, at least 18K. I love the contrast between purple and yellow, it''s so lively!

The tsavorite, on the other hand, I can see with a high karat rose gold head and a white shank. I know it doesn''t need any help to make it pop since the green is already deep in color, but I just love the way RG and green gems look together. As an owner of such piece, I didn''t become a fan until I saw in real life how rich the green looks with the RG metal. From the top, all you see are the prongs anyway, so it won''t detract from the stone.

I can''t wait to see what you''re going to do with this!

I think your lilac diamond might look lovely in high karat YG as well.
PR,
I have no idea how I will set either. I''m thinking a tapered baguette ring. Well, I think I might set it early next year (the spinel). Thank you!! I don''t think I''ll set the tsavorite any time soon though.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
TL- those are gorgeous stones...i would actually debate giving up my first born child from the violet spinel!!!LOL!

Really no halo?! I understand what you mean by sometimes having too many halos being overkill, but that spinel in the legacy setting was to die for!!! if you did a 3 stone would you do RB''s as the side stones? That would also look nice but the halo would stop my heart!

I can''t wait to see completion photos!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results